PDA

View Full Version : If you think Iowa was bad, just wait...

govtpigII
01-04-2008, 06:45 AM
If you think Iowa was bad, wait till we get to the states that people could not switch parties. At a New Years Party I met 4 other people, out of a crowd of 20 that were Ron Paul supporters....to fucking bad they are NOT registered Republicans and neither am I...and in New York you had to be by mid Aug! They set this up in a manner so someone like Paul cannot win the nomination. Our hope may be a 3rd party run unless something drastically changes.

One thing is we have to get out and tramp around to get the word out, door to door. Be sincere and try to explain his views in a manner that most people want to hear. We must try for the nomination but realize we may not get it and 3rd party is only option!

Time to get some good boots and start walking fellows, this is a Revolution!

123tim
01-04-2008, 06:50 AM
If you think Iowa was bad, wait till we get to the states that people could not switch parties. At a New Years Party I met 4 other people, out of a crowd of 20 that were Ron Paul supporters....to fucking bad they are NOT registered Republicans and neither am I...and in New York you had to be by mid Aug! They set this up in a manner so someone like Paul cannot win the nomination. Our hope may be a 3rd party run unless something drastically changes.

One thing is we have to get out and tramp around to get the word out, door to door. Be sincere and try to explain his views in a manner that most people want to hear. We must try for the nomination but realize we may not get it and 3rd party is only option!

Thank you for your effort. I certainly appreciate it! You can vote for Ron Paul in the final election. :)
You can still vote by seeking out republicans and converting them to Ron Paul.

thehittgirl
01-04-2008, 06:54 AM

The point is moot now but in NY we had time to switch to Republican by Oct 12. But I see what you're saying. I have come across many who would vote for Ron, but they're independent, so they can't. It sucks!

Chester Copperpot
01-04-2008, 07:13 AM
The point is moot now but in NY we had time to switch to Republican by Oct 12. But I see what you're saying. I have come across many who would vote for Ron, but they're independent, so they can't. It sucks!

alot of independents can even though they think they cant.. In NJ we have a closed primary.. I am an independenet registered voter.. However even with a closed primary you are allowed to decalare your party of choice the day of the primary even if you are not declared as a republican (at least in New Jersey)..

People should call up their state board of elections just to make sure.

goRPaul
01-04-2008, 07:19 AM
....too bad they are NOT registered Republicans and neither am I...and in New York you had to be by mid Aug! They set this up in a manner so someone like Paul cannot win the nomination. Our hope may be a 3rd party run unless something drastically changes.

I'm not sure why they did it, I don't think it was to crimp Paul's success, but it is kinda wierd that they don't want to open up the party to new people. I have my hopes that Ron will run third party, we have to tell him he has an obligation to the troops to run no matter what. But lets work on winning the republican nomination first, shall we?

colin1
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
The closed primaries have always been a major concern to me. My fiancee and I both switched our registration to Republican to vote for Paul in the primaries, but really how many independent and Democratic "supporters" of Paul are going to do that?

speciallyblend
01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
well i wouldnt worry about it really,if the gop turns their back on Ron Paul,then the gop will elect hillary clinton,im sorry my vote is only for Ron Paul,i cant vote for a hillary republican and thats all thats running in the gop other then RON PAUL