PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts.

123tim
01-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Here's what our friend the LA Times asked in an question last night"

* Will the Ron Paul boomlet -- so obvious in the passion among those who have embraced him and their willingness to donate money to the cause -- manifest itself in actual votes?

Paul's support has seemed more extensive in New Hampshire than Iowa, so to some degree this question may be more pertinent next week. Still, a poor Paul showing tonight -- say, something not close to double digits -- is sure to cause political traditionalists to keep wondering if there's any there there"

Well, I think that this sounds encouraging. I think that we we're just a little unrealistic in our expectations. Now we know where we stand and what we have to do.

Let's get out. Talk to someone today!
Think positive.

Tim

MN Patriot
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM
I agree, many people were too unrealistic. I just rolled my eyes at the posts where people said Ron could win Iowa.

It takes hard work to win elections, boots on the street going from house to house.

Internet videos and web advertisements are fine, but they can't replace honest people power. Most people don't live on the internet, they live in reality. That is where we need to be.

Freedom Lover
01-04-2008, 07:25 AM
From Lew Rockwell's blog:

The peace and freedom revolution has much work to do. But we didn't sign on for a short-term. We are in this for life, and we remember always what the libertarian Thomas Paine said: "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

Brent Canada
01-04-2008, 07:34 AM
1. Iowa is a small Evangelical state. It hardly represents all of America

2. Paul beat Guilianni. The establishments hand picked candidate, who would get 3 times the air time on the debates.

3. Before 2007. Libertarians were seen as Ted Kazinski type nuts, who represented less than 1% of the population. Ron Paul is converting millions of minds.

It's like the bureaucrats say when it comes to health care or the drug war "If we can save just one life it's worth it"

In the case of the Ron Paul Revolution we're saving millions of minds and exposing them to new ideas.

If Paul loses. We all still win.

Drknows
01-04-2008, 07:39 AM
The media is responsible for who won IOWA plan and simple.

The democrats want Huckabee to win he has the glass jaw remember? thats why big dem media like MSNBC have been shilling for him for the past month. Both sides have been.

I know some funny business went down. BUT its spilt milk. No sense in crying over it.

We will do good in NH no doubt in my mind. I dont think we will win but we will place higher than IA.

we said from day one we would stick by Ron Paul no matter. This is not over its just started.