PDA

View Full Version : Straw poll weirdness??

Andrew76
05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
http://pajamasmedia.com/strawpoll2008/results.php?precinctid=d7b93ad39dd2b3ab00924ee074a abdd3a

Following the link from the Gambling911 article to the Pajamasmedia Straw Poll article (Pajamasmedia is the site that originally left Ron Paul out of the polling until people complained), I find that Fred Thomson is in the lead. Strange because the week of May 13th, Ron Paul was in the lead, and now this week, you'll find that Ron Paul is *nowhere* in the line up. Go here (http://pajamasmedia.com/strawpoll2008/results.php?precinctid=d7b93ad39dd2b3ab00924ee074a abdd3a) and see for yourself. I'm having serious doubts that this could be correct. During the week of May 13th, Ron Paul was in the lead with 55%. For April, each week he was placing around 2nd or 3rd I believe, and now he's not even placing?? Nonsense. Something is clearly wrong here. Or am I missing something?

MsDoodahs
05-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Pajamasmedia is leaving Dr Paul off because it pisses off his supporters and Dr. Paul has a LOT of supporters, and when they get pissed off and go to the site, Pajamasmedia gets a boatload of TRAFFIC driven to their website and it is the TRAFFIC that they are after.

They're irrelevant and no Paul supporters should go to that site.

Just my view, YMMV. :)

DrStrabismus
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah, they say they only include people who get at least 1% in the latest gallup poll

Andrew76
05-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Ok, I think I know what might be going on. Pajamas Media has now included a caveat: "On the question of which candidates get to be in the poll, Pajamas Media continues to receive requests from supporters of a long list of candidates to have their favorites included. Some of these candidates are quite well known, but others we have never even heard of. We want to be as open as possible, but we have to draw the line somewhere to keep our poll credible and to do so on an evenhanded basis. For that reason, some time ago Pajamas Media announced that our baseline for inclusion would be that the candidate had one percent on the most recent Gallup Poll. That rule remains in force."

Nice to see that these people don't have the cajones to conduct a poll that stands on it's own, but instead has to rely on the "credibility" of another poll. So so frustrating especially since Ron Paul was dominating this poll, and likely garnering his bid for nomination, a lot of attention. Shame on them.

Therion
05-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Pajamasmedia is leaving Dr Paul off because it pisses off his supporters and Dr. Paul has a LOT of supporters, and when they get pissed off and go to the site, Pajamasmedia gets a boatload of TRAFFIC driven to their website and it is the TRAFFIC that they are after.

They're irrelevant and no Paul supporters should go to that site.

Just my view, YMMV. :)

Wow, that actually makes a stupid kind of sense. Lose-lose.

MsDoodahs
05-21-2007, 08:48 AM
:)

Thanks!

Bossobass
05-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm with McD.

It irked me to be called a cheater by the web site I was supporting.

I e-mailed PJM back then, and posted on their Forum that they should figure out how to control their little poll and quit whining or shut the supid poll down.

I haven't been back since...their loss.

We don't need MSM, their polls, or anyone else. We just need to keep pushing to accomplish the impossible, an attribute that I think separates Americans from any other people.

Bosso

Hancock1776
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
They are obviously complicit in the attempt to squash Ron Paul.

Ignore them as the scum they are, and spread the word to real people. They are going to plummet in traffic for getting rid of him from their poll.