PDA

View Full Version : I am not giving the campaign another dime

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Eit: Please let this rant thread die and do not reply. I just donated and felt much better :)

Trassin
01-04-2008, 05:58 AM
First, thank you for everything you have done.

That being said...

Have you signed up to take charge of your precinct yet? Voters.RonPaul2008.com

Have you watched videos 1,2, and 5 of the national campaign's training videos yet (see sig)?

Oh, and as far as not seeing any ads, what state do you live in? If it is a super Tuesday state then you will probably start to see ads soon.

smartguy911
01-04-2008, 06:01 AM
don't we need $23 million by end of this month?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:01 AM
What do you think about an own Grassroots fund
to sponsor own ads in form of the Grassroots videos
and articles?

Doesn't this sound more appreciable thanks to having
influence concerning where the money is being spend
on?

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:02 AM
can we get those ads on tv, where the old people are?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Llepard -for example- is a true hero who speaks his
mind and heart about Ron - without being in any way
affiliated with the official campaign. I would love to see
more independent efforts like this which actually do
make people think... :)

Added: Those "designed", professional Ad's aren't really
representing Ron. He's natural and honest and doesn't
have that perfect "Ken doll image" - that's why many
love him the way he is. :)

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 06:04 AM

Sooner than that

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:04 AM
can we get those ads on tv, where the old people are?

What do you mean by "those Ad's" ?

Taco John
01-04-2008, 06:05 AM
You live in Fall River, Massachusetts. It would be completely stupid if the campaign were running ads in Fall River, MA right now. Massachussetts doesn't have a primary until March 4th.

I can understand the frustration you feel that nobody is paying any attention to Massachusetts, but it would be horrendously wasteful and completely stupid for the campaign to run ads in Fall River, MA.

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 06:05 AM
You live in Fall River, Massachusetts. It would be completely stupid if the campaign were running ads in Fall River, MA right now. Massachussetts doesn't have a primary until March 4th.

I can understand the frustration you feel that nobody is paying any attention to Massachusetts, but it would be horrendously wasteful and completely stupid for the campaign to run ads in Fall River, MA.

I have seen ads from every candidate so far. Even Huckabee.

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 06:06 AM
The campaign did not set such goal.

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 06:07 AM
The campaign did not set such goal.

Yes they did.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Hmmm... It looks like the schedule I have saved on my computer is inaccurate. Apparently MA is a Feb 5 state.

My apologies.

jamesmadison
01-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Don't donate - buy signs and post them yourself.

Troyhand
01-04-2008, 06:12 AM
You not donating until you see ads in your state is one thing.
You telling everyone here you're not gonna donate, until the campaign acts the way you want them to act, is something else. Especially, since it may draw other people into your way of thinking and stop money from going into the campaign. Is that what you want? To rally a revolt? To protest the campaign by stopping funds to them.
Maybe you're right about the campaign. Maybe they're making a mistake.
Or maybe you're wrong. Maybe the campaign strategy is correct to hold off advertising in Massachusetts until the few weeks before Super Tuesday.
If your wrong, then you telling everybody, you ain't donating until you get what you want, does nothing but damage to the campaign. Thanks alot.
Maybe the better thing would have been for you to gripe about your issue, but keep your donation protest to yourself.

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Llepard -for example- is a true hero who speaks his
mind and heart about Ron - without being in any way
affiliated with the official campaign. I would love to see
more independent efforts like this which actually do
make people think... :)

Added: Those "designed", professional Ad's aren't really
representing Ron. He's natural and honest and doesn't
have that perfect "Ken doll image" - that's why many
love him the way he is. :)

i saw no ken doll designed professional ads, i saw some other crap.

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 06:19 AM
You not donating until you see ads in your state is one thing.
You telling everyone here you're not gonna donate, until the campaign acts the way you want them to act, is something else. Especially, since it may draw other people into your way of thinking and stop money from going into the campaign. Is that what you want? To rally a revolt? To protest the campaign by stopping funds to them.
Maybe you're right about the campaign. Maybe they're making a mistake.
Or maybe you're wrong. Maybe the campaign strategy is correct to hold off advertising in Massachusetts until the few weeks before Super Tuesday.
If your wrong, then you telling everybody, you ain't donating until you get what you want, does nothing but damage to the campaign. Thanks alot.
Maybe the better thing would have been for you to gripe about your issue, but keep your donation protest to yourself.

Super Tuesday is in weeks. I do believe running ads early in those states should be a priority. Am I wrong? You said maybe it's the campaign's strategy to wait, and if that's the case, it's a bad one. They can't wait until the week before to run ads.

Troyhand
01-04-2008, 06:21 AM
It's still a month until super tuesday. I'm hoping they start their advertising blitz after new hampshire

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:22 AM
What do you mean by "those Ad's" ?

i mean those great ads done by gassroots, which are seen on youtube. i mean those really stylish ads with really great music. i mean those ads that tell people about Ron Paul and his message, which they will look at because the music and the visuals are so great they can't miss them. I MEAN THOSE ADS PEOPLE WILL TELL OTHERS ABOUT, AND WHICH THEY WILL TURN ON THE TV TO SEE, IF IT'S NOT ON ALREADY.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:26 AM
i mean those great ads done by gassroots, which are seen on youtube. i mean those really stylish ads with really great music. i mean those ads that tell people about Ron Paul and his message, which they will look at because the music and the visuals are so great they can't miss them. I MEAN THOSE ADS PEOPLE WILL TELL OTHERS ABOUT, AND WHICH THEY WILL TURN ON THE TV TO SEE, IF IT'S NOT ON ALREADY.

Well, so far we don't have a fund to sponsor those
Ad's - and the official campaign didn't pick them
up so far. So I guess it would be nice to have a
grassroots fund to air them.

So far this possibility isn't very wide-spread in here
since most people have their own money-pet, as lavish
and unsuccessful it might be.

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:32 AM
grassroots BEAUTIFUL ads, and the air campaigns will get people talking. imagine.

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Well, so far we don't have a fund to sponsor those
Ad's - and the official campaign didn't pick them
up so far. So I guess it would be nice to have a
grassroots fund to air them.

So far this possibility isn't very wide-spread in here
since most people have their own money-pet, as lavish
and unsuccessful it might be.

so, is there someone who knows how to get these BEAUTIFUL ads on the air?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:34 AM
grassroots BEAUTIFUL ads, and the air campaigns will get people talking. imagine.

I know. But so far there is no consensus to get those
ad's on the air. My personal favorite for younger
people is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5E3QQRQ8A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kn5ofxj3TQ&feature=related

Austin
01-04-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm in Iowa right now, still on the Christmas Vacation. We watched the news for an hour or so every night, and we probably so at least 15 ads within the last 7 days.

The ads we saw were on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc. We even saw the OLFD one with Bo Thompson, it was the best one yet.

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:37 AM
people is this one:

YES!!! that is STYLISH!!! That MUST be on the air!!! what air! how! who gets it aired??? anyway, that's BEAUTIFUL!!!

pacelli
01-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Moneybombs that bring in money too late to buy ads are going to flat out LOSE us the election. Super Tuesday is very, very soon. We need the ads NOW. And what are we doing? Waiting for a money bomb weeks from now because so many people will only donate if everyone else does. Moneybombs get us "millions" in media attention, they say. Yes, for about a day and a half. Then it's back to the blackout.

And what will we all do when the money is raised too late? Bitch when there's no ads being run.

The campaign isn't innocent either. What ARE they doing with my money? Show me proof it's being used, and I'll gladly drop another thousand.

I'm giving you the truth and you know it. It's time we, as well as the campaign, get off our asses.

Ron Paul's payday is, and has always been, every friday. Not weeks from now-- today. Sign up and get with the program. As far as the campaign goes, call them and ask them what your money has bought. By the way, I agree with you - internet advertising won't help him win -- the grassroots already has that covered. We need the grassroots to move from their computers to hitting the streets if we intend to win the nomination.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:40 AM
YES!!! that is STYLISH!!! That MUST be on the air!!! what air! how! who gets it aired??? anyway, that's BEAUTIFUL!!!

First you have to get people behind the idea - and
the best person who comes to my mind is Trevor,
the guy who started the moneybomb idea and who's
heavily supporting the Blimp right now. I would
love to see him shifting to better solutions - so
far I didn't see him posting in here.

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:41 AM
people is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kn5ofxj3TQ&feature=related

THE FIRST TWO, ESPECIALLY THE SECOND ONE, ARE THE SORT OF AD PEOPLE WILL RUN TO THE TV TO SEE BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS CALLING THEM. oops, sorry to shout.

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Ron Paul's payday is, and has always been, every friday. Not weeks from now-- today. Sign up and get with the program.

I've been signed up for Ron Paul's payday, and I've been promoting it, and donating every Friday, for weeks.

But we do have people planning moneybombs that ARE weeks from now. Get with the program.

If I misread your reply then I apoligize for the sarcasm :) I'm not a morning person.

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:45 AM
First you have to get people behind the idea - and
the best person who comes to my mind is Trevor,
the guy who started the moneybomb idea and who's
heavily supporting the Blimp right now. I would
love to see him shifting to better solutions - so
far I didn't see him posting in here.

find and talk to him then. this needs someone confident and energetic, and not goofy. it is too important to let it get spoiled by legal poblems, arguments, poor judgement, etc.

does HE have ad selling/placement skills?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:46 AM
THE FIRST TWO, ESPECIALLY THE SECOND ONE, ARE THE SORT OF AD PEOPLE WILL RUN TO THE TV TO SEE BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS CALLING THEM. oops, sorry to shout.

It's quite good - even if some more audio-visual
synchronization would make it perfect since all
ad's are remixes with different sounds. But the
guy who made those ad's certainly has talent.

Well, maybe a weekly fund raiser for a widely
loved ad could work - I don't know for sure since
no one tried it yet...

And to keep the donations to the official campaign
stable and predictable, the Ron Paul Payday is
perfect for this purpose...

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:47 AM
find and talk to him then. this needs someone confident and energetic, and not goofy. it is too important to let it get spoiled by legal poblems, arguments, poor judgement, etc.

does HE have ad selling/placement skills?

I don't even know if he's reading in here - or if he's
facing the truth that the Blimp isn't the answer we
need at this point... :"/

pacelli
01-04-2008, 06:50 AM
I've been signed up for Ron Paul's payday, and I've been promoting it, and donating every Friday, for weeks.

But we do have people planning moneybombs that ARE weeks from now. Get with the program.

If I misread your reply then I apoligize for the sarcasm :) I'm not a morning person.

Neither am I, my blood starts flowing around noon ;) Thanks for supporting the payday. If we had 100,000 people signed up for it, moneybombs would be icing on the cake. :p

thuja
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM
isn't the blimp working out? i love the blimp! it would be exciting to see it overhead. it seems like the kind of thing that gets, and keeps people talking, looking up Ron Paul, and being proud to be connected to him and the campaign.

the whole in the air campaign is very good.

i am in on the payday.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Yes, someone needs to contact Trevor Lymon and them to organize the grassroots fund. We need to start putting money into projects we feel will work.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Yes, someone needs to contact Trevor Lymon and them to organize the grassroots fund. We need to start putting money into projects we feel will work.

Does he have a Membership in here? I remember
reading a nickname called "Trevor" - but I don't
know if it is him...

pacelli
01-04-2008, 06:56 AM
isn't the blimp working out? i love the blimp! it would be exciting to see it overhead. it seems like the kind of thing that gets, and keeps people talking, looking up Ron Paul, and being proud to be connected to him and the campaign.

the whole in the air campaign is very good.

i am in on the payday.

The blimp never went over Iowa, so it has yet to prove its effectiveness in gaining votes. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks. We had airplanes and a helicopter yesterday.

I think it is unfair to place anymore responsibilities on Trevor. He's got a blimp company to run. In my view he's done all he needs to do to help the grassroots.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Does he have a Membership in here? I remember
reading a nickname called "Trevor" - but I don't
know if it is him...
He must be here, but I don't know his SN. :(

Oliver
01-04-2008, 07:04 AM

There are some people who could be Trevor:

trevorsg (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=12077)
Trevorjustco (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1422)
Trevor Berry (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=6783)
trevor (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=9523)

Maybe someone in here knows what his nick is...

Nefertiti
01-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I am not making one more donation to the campaign until I see a Ron Paul ad on TV. I was supposed to move out last year and instead have donated more than the equivalent of a security deposit to the campaign. I'm behind on bills living check to check, giving the campaign at least half every week.

The campaign isn't innocent either. What ARE they doing with my money? Show me proof it's being used, and I'll gladly drop another thousand.

I'm giving you the truth and you know it. It's time we, as well as the campaign, get off our asses.

It is really annoying when people come here whining about the campaign as if they are some kind of martyrs to donate to them. Frankly, you are fiscally irresponsible and gave that money of your own free will. There are a lot of ways you can help the campaign without putting yourself in debt and mooching off your parents. Be a real man and take care of yourself first before you contribute money. And any free time you have left spend it getting out in your neighborhood and taking to people about Ron Paul.

thuja
01-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Trevor, OR someone with these talents, please contact.

meanwhile, this is Friday, so it's payday.

thuja
01-04-2008, 07:17 AM
The blimp never went over Iowa, so it has yet to prove its effectiveness in gaining votes. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks. We had airplanes and a helicopter yesterday.

I think it is unfair to place anymore responsibilities on Trevor. He's got a blimp company to run. In my view he's done all he needs to do to help the grassroots.

the blimp is like a person. it is inconvenienced b the weather. still, i love the blimp. i do wish it had more publicity by now. and where are the baby blimps?

noztnac
01-04-2008, 07:26 AM
How about if they play tough and make better ads along these lines?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74702

realist
01-04-2008, 07:27 AM
In in Attleboro Massachusetts and I feel the same way (not donating any more). I get the Boston market TV as does Southern NH. I've seen ads from all others- not one from Ron Paul. I'm losing faith and I know others are too. Few here want to hear that and even less want to do anything meaningful about it. I'm not sure that we and HQ can work efficeintly and effectively towards winning the nomination. I beleive we failed the first and easiest test. From here on out, it only gets harder. I posted last night about my utter disappointment over Iowa. I got not a single response and is buried by pages of cheerleading which furthers my concerns this dog is all bark and no bite.

I see so much energy and excitement here and so little orgnaization or guidance from HQ or anyhting that resembles an "organaization". Why don"t they have 1 or more people assigned to this forum since this is a top site and routinely gets more hits than even the official site. We are destined to duplicate tasks and miss others without solid organization... and the results show it. We out financed every Republican save Romney, and I believe we outworked all of them - yet we finsihed ahead of only 2 in a 7 man race. We need to face facts - time is short and our machine is not firing on all cylinders.

By all means- fire away and criticize the facts while alienating supporters by calling them trolls. Thats much more effective than honest self evaluation and changing course.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-04-2008, 07:31 AM
time is short
You can say that again. We have 5 primaries or caucuses in the next 2 week period.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Super Tuesday is in weeks. I do believe running ads early in those states should be a priority. Am I wrong? You said maybe it's the campaign's strategy to wait, and if that's the case, it's a bad one. They can't wait until the week before to run ads.

+1

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I see so much energy and excitement here and so little orgnaization or guidance from HQ or anyhting that resembles an "organaization". Why don"t they have 1 or more people assigned to this forum since this is a top site and routinely gets more hits than even the official site. We are destined to duplicate tasks and miss others without solid organization... and the results show it. We out financed every Republican save Romney, and I believe we outworked all of them - yet we finsihed ahead of only 2 in a 7 man race. We need to face facts - time is short and our machine is not firing on all cylinders.

I'm not so sure they can do that, realist. Because of FEC regs.

I totally agree that we badly need a change in strategy (note: that's assuming there has ever been one to begin with).

I also think that some seasoned professionals need to be hired for some of the key positions in the campaign. Right now, incompetence abounds. And I, for one, am not going to make excuses for them any longer.

JS4Pat
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I totally agree that we badly need a change in strategy (note: that's assuming there has ever been one to begin with).
Yes and if there is/was one it would be soooo nice to have it communicated to those of us on the ground who have been working to get Ron Paul elected for the last 10 months!

realist
01-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any FEC regulation that prohibits "communication". Conspiring towards sharing and mixing funding I'd beleive- but not simple communication and organization of efforts.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM

SwordofShanarah / SwordofShannarah

Maltheus
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any FEC regulation that prohibits "communication". Conspiring towards sharing and mixing funding I'd beleive- but not simple communication and organization of efforts.

I don't know, we've have a couple meetup organizers that had to step down once they became paid campaign workers precisely because there are such laws. It's been a pain in the ass frankly.

realist
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I posted another link on this here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75087

Might warrant a bump.

As far as my reading goes, it is legal for VOLUNTEERS and grassroots efforts to communicate, co-ordinate and even transfer campaign materials such as literature, signs, buttons etc. with an official campaign.

Your example is slightly different- if the organizers became paid staff, they may not be able to "serve" in leadership roles of "both" organizations BUT- they should still be able to correspond and organize from an official campaign capacity with a couter-part (or counterpartss) in a grassroots organization.