PDA

View Full Version : Its all about the TV Ads

slamhead
01-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I am going to stay on my soapbox about this. We need to support ads suchs as this.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

The shit coming out of HQ is just horrible...misses the entire point of what this is about. We need ads like this that let people know what it is all about. Not some 30 second ad talking about a position.

We need to get the message out that being anit-war/intervention is truly the conservative way.

No more voice overs. No more ads targeted at some invisible possible voter the marketing director is trying to target.

We need to do ads telling these people they are being sold short by their own media. We need to shame them that they are being lead astray by the dollars that lobby Washington.

We need to speak the message of the revolution just as much as we speak of the message of Dr. Paul.

EvilEngineer
01-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Actually tonight was proof positive that it's force fed name recognition by the MSM that converts the mindless masses. So we either need to be at the top of every single news show, or shut them down so that the mindless masses have nothing to watch.

Karsten
01-04-2008, 03:52 AM
I still contend that it's not the quality of the ads that is bad, but that they are few and far between, and they are not broadcasting them enough in the early states. For goodness sake, SPEND OUR MONEY!

gtjwkq
01-04-2008, 03:57 AM
I love this initiative, I am also disappointed with the quality of ads produced by the official campaign. They have 20 million, but sometimes money can't buy good taste and competence. Here on the ground, we might have a better understanding of how Ron Paul's message touched us and the best way to convey it to others.

Those ads are awesome btw.

gtjwkq
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Did you guys see eLIB3RTY's new TV ad? It's very professional, I think it should also be included:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOc7O9_Ux_8

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Did you guys see eLIB3RTY's new TV ad? It's very professional, I think it should also be included:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOc7O9_Ux_8

We have shopped this to the campaign 2 weeks ago - no response - and apparently they don't like the idea of hiring guys like Arovoth for minimum wage....

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I still contend that it's not the quality of the ads that is bad, but that they are few and far between, and they are not broadcasting them enough in the early states. For goodness sake, SPEND OUR MONEY!

1+

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Iowa is the anti RP state, settle down.

paulitics
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I think the HQs ads do not send the right message, and further they aren't spending the money. THe way to win is gain name recognition in the early states, let the poll numbres rise, than more money flows in, and poll numbers rise in other states. Their strategy is completely wrong. We don't have the national media to plug us for 3 years like a Giuiliani. He can run on that unconventional strategy, not us.

angrydragon
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Someone close to Dr. Paul should really urge him to use the grassroots ads.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I think the HQs ads do not send the right message, and further they aren't spending the money. THe way to win is gain name recognition in the early states, let the poll numbres rise, than more money flows in, and poll numbers rise in other states. Their strategy is completely wrong. We don't have the national media to plug us for 3 years like a Giuiliani. He can run on that unconventional strategy, not us.

Oh they are spending you money - wait to you see the bill for the NH production - you will shit a brick

RonRules
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I've CHANGED my mind about TV ads. They're very expensive and we help fund and support the MSM through them. These guys don't need any more money, especially our hard earned cash.

It is MUCH more cost effective to send our Ron Paul DVD's. They're about $0.70 in volume and are the most efficient tool we have. They are wonderful to listen to and will just about convince any one.

You don't have to do all the work of buying the DVD's and mailing them individually. These guys here will do all the work for you. Come'on giv'em $100. They've already sent a bunch to NH. The next batch will go to MI, SC, NV.

Please help fund the http://www.ronpauldvdbomb.com/ Today, I did.

Scott K
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
If it's all about TV ads then how come Romney finished 2nd?

Jimmy
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh they are spending you money - wait to you see the bill for the NH production - you will shit a brick

No offence but your really starting to get on my last nerve....if you know something say so...lay it out...whats the plan and what the hell is going on? No BS

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
No offence but your really starting to get on my last nerve....if you know something say so...lay it out...whats the plan and what the hell is going on? No BS

wtf is your wuestion???

RonRules
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Here's my receipt to the RonPaulDVD. Let's show some receipt for mutual encouragement.

Payment Details
Transaction ID: 5G602713017958648
Item Price: $100.00 USD
Total: $100.00 USD
Order Description: RonPaulDVDBomb.com MI,NV,SC
Item/Product Number: 8088
Buyer: FC
Phone: 310-597-95xx

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 11:55 AM
If it's all about TV ads then how come Romney finished 2nd?

Romney comes across as out of touch with the mainstream and never living a day in their shoes. Plus iowan hate attack ads.

But attack ads in other states are what people want...depends on the audience what gets received.

Unfortunately people were deceived with no avg joe counter voice on huckabee and mccain in iowa..very, very sad indeed

slamhead
01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Could it be that solution to winning was already spelled out for us from our founding fathers. The constitution was sold to the people via local news papers via the federalist papers. We need to learn from Jefferson County that advertising in local papers works. They had 35% for Ron Paul there just by running cheap ads in local papers week after week. We need to do the same on the meetup level...this is where our strength lies in this grassroots endeavor.

My suggestions would be to start with a full page ad to get their interest. Welcome them to the revolution and warn them that this revolution will not be televised. Make the ad a running dialog.

Example:
Wait, he is that guy that wants to abolish the IRS. How are we going to pay for things? Then explain Dr. Paul's positions. Especially on the war. We have to give the people holding onto the war a rational way out. Let them know that it is not unpatriotic to oppose the war and a foreign policy that is out of control.

We need to get this off the internet and into their hands while they drink their morning coffee.

From one of the meetups in Jefferson County.

Few people in Jefferson County read the Des Moines Register so ad buys there don't reach the rural folk hardly at all. The small local papers have very little political advertising and would love to have the business. And it is CHEAP. We had an ad in the weekly paper 8 column inches for $55 a week for 13 weeks straight. And change the ad every week. We ran larger ads in the daily paper as well. Some are at: http://ronpaul.meetup...

We did a newspaper insert printed 2 sides letter size paper - RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP way to reach 2500 people - so much cheaper than direct mail. Those mail items the campaign sends must have cost a fortune, by comparison an insert cost us $150 to reach 2500 plus $120 for photocopying or under 11 cents per household. These local orientated messages I think are way more effective than direct mail.