PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't more people signing up as Precinct Captains?

Trassin
01-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Just curious.

I'm already signed up to be one in my precinct. Voters.RonPaul2008.com

hawkeyenick
01-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Just curious, I'm already signed up to be one in my precinct.

A lot of people are, some are going uncontested because Paul supporters seem to be shy

We can use their apathy against them, this is a great opportunity!

goRPaul
01-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Because I didn't even know about it. Spread the word!

Trassin
01-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Because I didn't even know about it. Spread the word!

Doing my best to. I've just posted it in about 6 different threads.

Trassin
01-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Other? What is your other reason?

fight4liberty
01-04-2008, 04:47 AM
...I don't know anything about it. Don't know how it works. What do precinct captains do? How valuable to the election are they?

Fill in the blanks for us.

Trassin
01-04-2008, 04:51 AM
...I don't know anything about it. Don't know how it works. What do precinct captains do? How valuable to the election are they?

Fill in the blanks for us.

Go watch the National Campaign's training videos. Or at least videos 1,2 and 5.

Also, if your meetup group leader hasn't told you to do this yet you should recommend he put it out to everyone else. This has been sent out by the National Campaign a couple of times now.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/volunteer/content/grassroots-volunteer-training/

goRPaul
01-04-2008, 05:04 AM
I just signed up, this is the email I got:
Hello, Britton. Thank you for signing up to the Precinct Captain program. Through this strategy, we will be able to mobilize every voter in America. We have over 100,000 volunteers in our campaign, and just a little over 200,000 precincts across the country. So, by having everyone handle their precinct (and finding one more person to do the same) we really CAN WIN.
You can download a pdf file that has a Precinct Captain's Walk List and instructions when you sign up. It has a list of voters in your precinct sorted by their address, with information on them such as party affiliation and tendency to vote conservative.

This is INCREDIBLY useful. This is exactly what I've been looking for, a detailed list of voters in my precinct. This makes canvassing so much easier and more effective. I really think we need to spread the word on this- be a precinct captain for the Ron Paul campaign!

Trassin
01-04-2008, 05:09 AM
I agree completely, goRPaul.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Thanks Trassin, we need to flood the boards with this. If every one of those 11,000 people had signed up for this program (or even 1,000 of them) this whole Iowa thing would have been totally different.

You believe in Ron Paul not because someone told you about Ron Paul, but because you heard Ron Paul yourself. If you introduce people to him, you and I both know, his message is irresistible. So don't you want to know how better to arm yourself? Are the people on Dogwood Dr. liberal, what about Ponds End Lane? Are there any gun owners? Are you good at talking to pro-lifers? Want to know where they all live? You can get all the meetups to do this (each member) and give each one a job - you talk to the gun owners, I'll talk to the tax people. Hey, Jake is a pastor, he can talk to the Christians.... got it? You dont have to talk to each person on the list, but you could. Or you could call them. Or you could leave the RIGHT slim jim at their house.

SO, the precinct captain program tells you how to talk to people. It tells you who to talk to. It tells you, gosh, everything. This is how it works: go here:

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/voluntee...teer-training/

Then this will happen: they will ask for your name, address, etc. They will then take you to a screen where it will suggest your "precinct" this just means neighborhood. I was the first to sign up in my area (maybe even city) so I could choose any "precinct." I choose mine. This includes my street, and (don't freak out) a total of about 1100 addresses.

So, once you pick the precinct (you can look at maps of the area, there is a link) they then give you all these cool tools. You get a "walking list." This is the MOST AMAZING thing. It is a list of every address and all the people living there, and the issues important to them, and whether or not they are likely to donate to politics, and a scale of conservatism (1 is liberal 100 is conservative) and exclamation points if they have some sphere of influence in the community.

John Thomas 123 Maple St 77 $$ G T
April Thomas 123 Maple St 89 L
Allison Dark 124 Maple St 12 T
Gregg Dark 124 Maple St 25 !!!

so John is more conservative, is known to donate and we know he is interested in gun rights and taxes. April is even more conservative, and abortion (L for Life) is her issue. Allison and Gregg are more liberal (12 and 25) While she votes for lower taxes and he is "influential." (this could mean he owns a business, is on the school board, is in public office, who knows, but if he is converted, he would be a good source of more votes)

So, there is so much information. There are training videos, and at the end of the walking list it actually tells you how many of each slim jim you need for your precinct. Example, mine says this:

Total Slim Jims needed: 1194
Conservative General Slim Jims needed: 92
Independent General .... 554
Gun Owner ... 181
Life and Liberty...252
Fiscal conservativism.....109
border security....0

and then it says, if you cant get the special issue slim jims, to get
357 conservative and 837 independent.

see? I thought my area was highly conservative, but its more complex than that, and I know that my neighbors across the street are 88 and 96 on the scale (pretty conservative) and next door very liberal (12 and 14).

Don't you want to know these things? Its FREE, its ESSENTIAL. If there is ONE Ron Paul supporter who knows about this and is a) not doing it and b) not making sure everyone else does too, shame on you.

Trassin
01-04-2008, 05:21 AM
I've decided that I like Erin :)

Trassin
01-04-2008, 06:16 AM
bump

CelestialRender
01-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Some precincts already have captains.

Benaiah
01-04-2008, 06:51 AM
tag. I'll sign up tonight.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 07:31 AM
bump

Trassin
bump

erin moore
great minds think alike

lynnf
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Just curious.

I'm already signed up to be one in my precinct. Voters.RonPaul2008.com

man, they only just rolled it out, can't expect everyone to sign up instantaneously!

lynn

Trassin
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
man, they only just rolled it out, can't expect everyone to sign up instantaneously!

lynn

Sure I can ;)

princessredtights
01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Some precincts already have captains.

I think you can sign up for an other precinct -

It's pretty cool!

slydecix
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Is it one captain per precinct?

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Is it one captain per precinct?

I don't think so, and if your precinct already has one or more you can volunteer to take a neighboring precinct I think.

D@mned if I didn't just sign up and go out of my comfort zone. Now I'll have to start canvassing my neighborhood and talking to people. My wife is going to think I've gone nuts!

Ethek
01-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I didnt know!

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
lynn

What are you talking about, this is the real deal!

SPAM IT PEOPLE! FLOOD THEIR SITE WITH VOLUNTEERS! GIVE THEM 1,000 BEFORE THE DAY IS OUT!

jake
01-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Doing my best to. I've just posted it in about 6 different threads.

Maybe bombarding the meetup groups would be good too

mconder
01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I bet most people do not know how and think it's too much effort to find out.

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Maybe bombarding the meetup groups would be good too

Already sent an email to my meetup group.

Exarel
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I just found out about it. Spread the word!!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
This new list is a HUGE upgrade from what I've been using. EVERYONE SIGN UP!!!!

Trassin
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Bump

saahmed
01-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow this system sounds awesome. I wish they had it running for Iowa. Did they? I didn't know about it. Regardless, we at least won my precinct and I am an alternate delegate.

Bruehound
01-04-2008, 06:24 PM
i'm in on this

Trassin
01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Bump.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
because i am in sweden... or will be in 2 days lol...

crink
01-04-2008, 07:13 PM
This may be a dumb question... is there an age limit?

Trassin
01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
This may be a dumb question... is there an age limit?

No, anyone can do it.

crink
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
sweet!!!

Ronin
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I thought this was still being tested and logins were going to be removed??? Is it a go now?

Mark Rushmore
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I pledge to deliver my precinct's vote for Dr. Ron Paul for the Republican Nomination for President of the United States.

That might be hurting, I mean I'll sign it, however terribly worded it is, in the name of getting out the vote, but people who take 'pledges' and such seriously might just be refusing based on the obvious impossibility of knowing if you can deliver your precinct's vote.

Trassin
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I thought this was still being tested and logins were going to be removed??? Is it a go now?

I haven't seen anything about logins being removed. The only thing I've seen that is being "reset" is the notes list at midnight. That just means that for the moment you need to keep track of the results of your phone calls on pen and paper and update it online tomorrow.

Even if the logins are removed at midnight, it will still allow you to get access to all the information for right now. It will also let you know who else is working in your precinct and county so you can start working together.

crink
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
one last question... do they display any of you personal info? Like on the site or somthing?

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 07:21 PM
one last question... do they display any of you personal info? Like on the site or somthing?

Name, phone number, and email, available to other precinct captains in your county.

crink
01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
OK I'm signed up

crink
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
bump

Nefertiti
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm going overseas on Tuesday and will be gone for six weeks, so unfortunately I can't help out.

Jenna!
01-05-2008, 01:56 AM
But got stuck looking for my darn precinct. It wasn't listed so I had to search for mine. And I can't seem to find the precinct for my area/address. Don't want to drive around. Just want to stay as close as possible to my precinct. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

Cyclone
01-05-2008, 02:12 AM
deadline long past in my state. You can still sign up, but you won't have any rights to vote for delegates. We had 300 who had agreed and filled out paperwork and none of them got in on time because we didn't know the deadline.

Frankie Lee
01-05-2008, 02:27 AM
this is huge, i am tempted to sign up to use the phone list...but i leave for college in a week.

Trassin
01-05-2008, 02:27 AM
But got stuck looking for my darn precinct. It wasn't listed so I had to search for mine. And I can't seem to find the precinct for my area/address. Don't want to drive around. Just want to stay as close as possible to my precinct. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

If you look on your voter registration card it should be on there. If not then you might be able to find it by googling for voter information within your county or city.

deadline long past in my state. You can still sign up, but you won't have any rights to vote for delegates. We had 300 who had agreed and filled out paperwork and none of them got in on time because we didn't know the deadline.

I think you are talking about something else Cyclone. There is no deadline for you to sign up as a precinct captain for Ron Paul. This is something different then the Republican Party Precinct Captains.

Trassin
01-05-2008, 02:29 AM
this is huge, i am tempted to sign up to use the phone list...but i leave for college in a week.

Why not sign up for where you are going to college? You can start doing the initial phone polling there now and then you will be in place to go door-to-door before the actual election.

Also, everyone remember to watch videos 1,2, and 5 from my sig. They are directly related to the Get Out The Vote effort.

Frankie Lee
01-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Why not sign up for where you are going to college? You can start doing the initial phone polling there now and then you will be in place to go door-to-door before the actual election.

Also, everyone remember to watch videos 1,2, and 5 from my sig. They are directly related to the Get Out The Vote effort.
Ok, yeah this is a good idea.

But there is no limit to the precinct captains right? I really don't want to take a spot someone would do better on. I will try, but I havn't been involved before.

nateerb
01-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Was a beta tester. Just re-signed up, never asked to input a password or sent one. The beta test worked fine. I cannot login and am not in their password retrieval system. This is a computer guy talking here. Sigh. Tired, going to bed, will try tomorrow. I checked Other for this poll.

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 02:35 AM
The system is not fully operational yet. I am sure the campaign will mass email people to become captains.

Craig_R
01-05-2008, 02:49 AM
thats what I would have voted in this poll.

Bilgefisher
01-05-2008, 02:58 AM
bump

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 03:00 AM
The system is not fully operational yet. I am sure the campaign will mass email people to become captains.

From http://voters.ronpaul2008.com :

The user feedback database will be scrubbed tonight to allow for new features. The system will officially launch Saturday morning.

New sub forum for the effort:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Trassin
01-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Wish they would do the scrub already, I want to start entering information. :)