who me?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 03:17 AM
who me?

Yes, YOU! Welcome on Board! :D

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 03:37 AM
I'm doing like everything I can, especially after Iowa. :mad::(:mad:

(stupid incompetent campaign, stupid old people, errrrrr)

Oliver
01-04-2008, 03:39 AM
So far 71,43% are NOT canvassing ... Why?

I Am Weasel
01-04-2008, 03:40 AM
*grits teeth*... no.. I haven't been. Of course being on call 24/7 and working 70+ hours a week doesn't really help matters any either. After this though, I think I'm gonna reassess my situation for the benefit of Ron Paul.

electronicmaji
01-04-2008, 03:54 AM
im planning too.....now after Iowa and I see we need more support...

electronicmaji
01-04-2008, 04:03 AM
not that my canvassing would have done anything in Iowa

here in Arkansas its pretty much a losing battle against Huckabee

the best we can hope to do is group all our supporters in one precinct and hope to get one delegate..

Oliver
01-04-2008, 04:05 AM

the best we can hope to do is group all our supporters in one precinct and hope to get one delegate..

How so. There are more people who never
voted than there are people supporting Hucky,
aren't there?

Registered
01-04-2008, 04:05 AM
I haven't been, but due to what just happened in Iowa, I will start immediately.

Iowa has motivated me and im sure a lot of others feel the same way.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
I haven't been, but due to what just happened in Iowa, I will start immediately.

Iowa has motivated me and im sure a lot of others feel the same way.

That's the right attitude for Wyoming and NH. :)

Oliver
01-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Latest results: 67,77% don't go canvassing...

Oliver
01-04-2008, 05:02 AM
21.05% so far are foreigners. Shouldn't they be allowed
to slip through the fence for canvassing? :D :p

Oliver
01-04-2008, 05:33 AM
43,59% are not canvassing. Any reasons why?

erin moore
01-04-2008, 05:39 AM
You need to add : Can't, Active Duty Military.

They're not allowed.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 05:41 AM
You need to add : Can't, Active Duty Military.

They're not allowed.

Mhmm, do we have a lot of active military people
in here?

erin moore
01-04-2008, 05:43 AM
My husband is Active. So, since he can't do a lot of things, he just maxed out on the 16th. He comes to meetups and sign waves (cause they're NOT marches or parades) and can't talk to anyone at work (legally). Its very frustrating.

noztnac
01-04-2008, 05:50 AM
You left out

Can't expat.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 05:51 AM
My husband is Active. So, since he can't do a lot of things, he just maxed out on the 16th. He comes to meetups and sign waves (cause they're NOT marches or parades) and can't talk to anyone at work (legally). Its very frustrating.

We have the same regulations over here. It's
purpose is to avoid disharmony in military units
and it even makes sense to some degree from
the Governments point of view...

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:18 AM
42% are still refusing to canvass - what's up with
that - all active duty servicemen?

V-rod
01-04-2008, 06:34 AM
I thought you meant have you been canvassing. Should of made that clear up there.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 06:36 AM
im planning too.....now after Iowa and I see we need more support...

Bingo!

Oliver
01-04-2008, 06:37 AM
I thought you meant have you been canvassing. Should of made that clear up there.

My English surely isn't perfect - so how did you interpreted the poll question?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 07:19 AM
We're getting better since America is waking up today:

44,62% are the minority not canvassing. :">

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM

Don't hope to get one delegate, be one! Make sure every RP supporter in your precinct is one and nominate and vote for each other. We ARE going to loose state after state because people aren't doing this.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
if you arent canvassing, you need to understand how easy it is... sign up for the captain precinct program.

we need to flood the boards with this. If every one of those 11,000 people had signed up for this program (or even 1,000 of them) this whole Iowa thing would have been totally different.

You believe in Ron Paul not because someone told you about Ron Paul, but because you heard Ron Paul yourself. If you introduce people to him, you and I both know, his message is irresistible. So don't you want to know how better to arm yourself? Are the people on Dogwood Dr. liberal, what about Ponds End Lane? Are there any gun owners? Are you good at talking to pro-lifers? Want to know where they all live? You can get all the meetups to do this (each member) and give each one a job - you talk to the gun owners, I'll talk to the tax people. Hey, Jake is a pastor, he can talk to the Christians.... got it? You dont have to talk to each person on the list, but you could. Or you could call them. Or you could leave the RIGHT slim jim at their house.

SO, the precinct captain program tells you how to talk to people. It tells you who to talk to. It tells you, gosh, everything. This is how it works: go here:

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/voluntee...teer-training/

Then this will happen: they will ask for your name, address, etc. They will then take you to a screen where it will suggest your "precinct" this just means neighborhood. I was the first to sign up in my area (maybe even city) so I could choose any "precinct." I choose mine. This includes my street, and (don't freak out) a total of about 1100 addresses.

So, once you pick the precinct (you can look at maps of the area, there is a link) they then give you all these cool tools. You get a "walking list." This is the MOST AMAZING thing. It is a list of every address and all the people living there, and the issues important to them, and whether or not they are likely to donate to politics, and a scale of conservatism (1 is liberal 100 is conservative) and exclamation points if they have some sphere of influence in the community.

John Thomas 123 Maple St 77 $$ G T
April Thomas 123 Maple St 89 L
Allison Dark 124 Maple St 12 T
Gregg Dark 124 Maple St 25 !!!

so John is more conservative, is known to donate and we know he is interested in gun rights and taxes. April is even more conservative, and abortion (L for Life) is her issue. Allison and Gregg are more liberal (12 and 25) While she votes for lower taxes and he is "influential." (this could mean he owns a business, is on the school board, is in public office, who knows, but if he is converted, he would be a good source of more votes)

So, there is so much information. There are training videos, and at the end of the walking list it actually tells you how many of each slim jim you need for your precinct. Example, mine says this:

Total Slim Jims needed: 1194
Conservative General Slim Jims needed: 92
Independent General .... 554
Gun Owner ... 181
Life and Liberty...252
Fiscal conservativism.....109
border security....0

and then it says, if you cant get the special issue slim jims, to get
357 conservative and 837 independent.

see? I thought my area was highly conservative, but its more complex than that, and I know that my neighbors across the street are 88 and 96 on the scale (pretty conservative) and next door very liberal (12 and 14).

Don't you want to know these things? Its FREE, its ESSENTIAL. If there is ONE Ron Paul supporter who knows about this and is a) not doing it and b) not making sure everyone else does too, shame on you.

ronpaulfollower999
01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Does wearing Ron Paul gear count?

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
This poll proves what MSM has been saying about RP supporters. That they are all over the internet, but they are unable to turn their support into votes. There are more RP supporters that voted NO in this poll than YES. What a shame...

erin moore
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
There are more RP supporters that voted NO in this poll than YES. What a shame...

damn straight

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Yes, every precinct needs a precinct captain - period. Consider your precinct a complete loss if it doesn't have one and you're not stepping up to be one yourself.

markj
01-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I just got Precinct Captain status. Have the canvassing list and will start even before the slim jims arrive.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Each "precinct" is a small sectionof a city. My small city has LOTS of precincts. So, if you hear someone say, "my precinct already has a captain," tell them that doesn't matter, they can go to the next closest one.

So instead of canvassing on your street and the ones all around it, it could be streets half a mile away... precincts are only neighborhoods.

princessredtights
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Does wearing Ron Paul gear count?

I would say "no" ... I have worn RP gear while doing errands and such and wearing it has given me the opportunity to share my candidate with people who are curious :)

Every "serious" RP supporter needs to get busy canvassing - the program is very simple. Most people are friendly (I've had one little old cranky lady shut the door is my face but I think she is just sour on life) ...

You might sign up and look at that list and go "wow ... :eek:" but, stop and think:

I am only going to do one street a day. 10 - 15 minutes for walk around to drop off literature to specific voters.

If you're not involved in your local meetup, please do sign up and get active.

In our area, we are even getting involved with the local Republican party. Going to meetings. Rubbing elbows.

It's okay to get involved in online polls and be involved in online message boards. As fun as that is, it won't get RP elected. :(

Neither will posting critiques about the way the campaign is handling things and how "they" are spending "our" money ... or spending so much time "analyzing" the other candidates latest ads and press coverage ... :rolleyes:

What is going to win this election ... is fully committing to the effort and finding those people who are disenfranchised and feeling jaded about the path their country is headed ... showing them the hope that IS the message of Liberty, Freedom, and getting back to our "roots" ... showing them that there IS HOPE for America and his name is Ron Paul!

It's not glamourous. The weather doesn't cooperate (we get lots of COLD rain where I live)... my legs may ache ... my fingers, nose and cheeks may be frozen cold ... but I do it for my country ... and I really wish each and every one of you would do it as well.

We can't wait for "someone else" to do it ... :(

ValidusCustodiae
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Stand Still Laddie!

qwerty
01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
So far 71,43% are NOT canvassing ... Why?

Of course not, iīm sure that there are HUGE number who donīt even go vote...

You know itīs too much for some people, itīs lot easier to complain and cry from the warm sofa...

Damn, i hate to see that people canīt do anything else than COMPLAIN about IOWA, DO SOMETHING TONIGHT! THAT`S THE WAY TO WIN!

:mad:

qwerty
01-04-2008, 09:45 AM
there Are Still Too Many People, Who Donīt Know Who Ron Paul Is! We Have Change To That!

BlutStein
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Sadly I haven't started yet. I've been talking it up with everyone that will listen to talk about politics. Been leaving Ron Paul Business cards when I eat out. But I really need to start doing door hangers and the like.

Oliver
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
there Are Still Too Many People, Who Donīt Know Who Ron Paul Is! We Have Change That!

+1. So where the heck is Trevor??? And is he a member in here?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 11:17 AM
38,83% still aren't canvassing ... for what reasons???

Oliver
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
*Bump* for the shy "Non-canvassing" people .... Why?