PDA

View Full Version : What went right - Moneybombing

Taco John
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Listen... I know there's a lot of controversey around here about whether or not Moneybombing should continue.

Our success in Iowa proves that it worked. If we're to believe that the polls are fairly accurate (not perfectly accurate - they average down about 3.5 percent of what we finished with in Iowa), then look at what the moneybombs did... In addition to funding the campaign and giving us plenty of air to breathe knowing that no matter how we finished tonight, we're funded through February 5th - the other thing that they did was bump our polling numbers. Prior to 11/5, our poll numbers were running about 1-4% in Iowa. In some polls we didn't even register. After 11/5, we were running about 5-7% in Iowa. And then after 12/16, we're looking at numbers that are 7-10%. We finished in 10% - regardless of place in the pile, this is significant, especially in Iowa. It proves that Ron Paul's message sells.

Moneybombs work.

Without them, it's easy for the media to ignore us. Even with them, they try... But they fail, because money talks in politics. They have no choice but to cover us when we're raising money. When we raise money, we raise attention. When we raise attention, we raise percentage points. We give new people the opportunity to get involved in the movement. We supply the campaign with much needed cash.

There are three efforts that I know about right now for a moneybomb. I'm not here to advocate one over the other - I'll let the market decide. But here are the ones that I know about... Get involved! Make it happen! Subscribe to one or more of these efforts. Spread the word!

Or better yet, donate right now if you can spare it. The campaign just picked up its first two delegates tonight. We're players in the game.

Donate:

January 17th - Benjamins for Paul: http://benjaminsforpaul.com/

January 21st - FreeAtLast2008: http://www.freeatlast2008.com/
(note: Trevor Lyman and Vijay Boyapti are behind this one)

Every Friday - Ron Paul's Pay Day: http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

None of these needs to "win out" over the others. Just like with Nov. 5th and Nov. 11th, they can all be winners. Subscribe to whichever you think is best and let's do this!

Taco John
01-04-2008, 03:56 AM
bump

Taco John
01-04-2008, 10:21 AM
bump

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Pay day is today! Please donate what you can.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I donated today! And i will donate to all future moneybombs. This is a battle for the soul of America, no one said it would be easy!

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:31 AM
I donated today! And i will donate to all future moneybombs. This is a battle for the soul of America, no one said it would be easy!

Thank you!

jumpyg1258
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Our success in Iowa proves that it worked.

What success? Did you hear different results than I did? 5th place is not success, its failure. In fact anything below 1st is failure in this race where there is only 1 winner.

BTW I do like moneybombs, just pointing out that I think your delusional about this supposed success.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
What success? Did you hear different results than I did? 5th place is not success, its failure. In fact anything below 1st is failure in this race where there is only 1 winner.

BTW I do like moneybombs, just pointing out that I think your delusional about this supposed success.

I don't think you understand that coming in at over 10% in one of the hardest state in the unions was an unmitigated success for us. You can be as negative as you want, but we're working on a logarhythmic scale here. More people will learn about Ron Paul today than knew about him two days ago. Iowa was a success.

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 11:09 AM
You really dont know how this system works do you?

Ron Paul could still come in third place with delegates and that is what matters. Romney, Huckabee and Ron Paul are the only candidates to win counties.

walt
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Listen... I know there's a lot of controversey around here about whether or not Moneybombing should continue.

Our success in Iowa proves that it worked. If we're to believe that the polls are fairly accurate (not perfectly accurate - they average down about 3.5 percent of what we finished with in Iowa), then look at what the moneybombs did... In addition to funding the campaign and giving us plenty of air to breathe knowing that no matter how we finished tonight, we're funded through February 5th - the other thing that they did was bump our polling numbers. Prior to 11/5, our poll numbers were running about 1-4% in Iowa. In some polls we didn't even register. After 11/5, we were running about 5-7% in Iowa. And then after 12/16, we're looking at numbers that are 7-10%. We finished in 10% - regardless of place in the pile, this is significant, especially in Iowa. It proves that Ron Paul's message sells.

Moneybombs work.

Without them, it's easy for the media to ignore us. Even with them, they try... But they fail, because money talks in politics. They have no choice but to cover us when we're raising money. When we raise money, we raise attention. When we raise attention, we raise percentage points. We give new people the opportunity to get involved in the movement. We supply the campaign with much needed cash.

There are three efforts that I know about right now for a moneybomb. I'm not here to advocate one over the other - I'll let the market decide. But here are the ones that I know about... Get involved! Make it happen! Subscribe to one or more of these efforts. Spread the word!

Or better yet, donate right now if you can spare it. The campaign just picked up its first two delegates tonight. We're players in the game.

Donate:

None of these needs to "win out" over the others. Just like with Nov. 5th and Nov. 11th, they can all be winners. Subscribe to whichever you think is best and let's do this!

Do not do the jan 21st one - trevor and vijay's 15 minutes is done - it's about the
real people getting out votes...it's time for explanations about how poorly the money is being spent.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
The difference between third place and fifth place is 1 single delegate.

It's true that it would have been better for us to come in third place. But all this fatalism over coming in fifth place is misguided. We have nothing to be ashamed of.

Taco John
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Do not do the jan 21st one - trevor and vijay's 15 minutes is done - it's about the
real people...

Do whatever you personally want. I'm personally donating on the 21st, and am going to scratch out what I can for today's payday. That's just me. I believe in the message of the 21st and nothing will deter me from that. Why bother denigrating Trevor and Vijay's efforts when you could be promoting something? There is plenty to promote out there.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Donate:

ALL MONEY BOMBS need to be redirected to GrassRoots - TO WIN!

TheBaz
01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't mind moneybombing, IF THEY KNOW HOW TO USE IT! And right now, Paul's campaign fails to reply to the NRA, AARP and other organisations asking for interviews! Someone needs to get word to the campaign the grassroots expects ALL areas of publicity to be explored! Honestly, it's ridiculous.

Kaneda
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
The 21st in honor of Martin Luther King is a great day to moneybomb! It will kill all "Ron Paul = racist" tellers

dante
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't mind moneybombing, IF THEY KNOW HOW TO USE IT! And right now, Paul's campaign fails to reply to the NRA, AARP and other organisations asking for interviews! Someone needs to get word to the campaign the grassroots expects ALL areas of publicity to be explored! Honestly, it's ridiculous.

Who do you really trust? The NRA or the Ron Paul campaign? Especially when RP is the champion of the NRA's competing organization Gun Owners of America and routinely rubs in the NRA's face that they aren't the true no compromise gun lobby in Washington D.C.

Guys we need to donate early and often. It takes time to build up organizations in states and super tuesday is around the corner. Please donate now all that you can afford. Money arriving on the 21st doesn't help super tuesday

Taco John
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
blimpin'