PDA

View Full Version : We Need 1st or 2nd in NH

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 02:49 AM
RP needs to either win or take 2nd in NH, taking 5th place in Iowa is not good considering drop dead Fred and McCain beat him.

Don't kid yourself guys this is a race, hope to GOD that the antiwar and independant votes give us the swing we need in NH. Obama bitch slapped Hillary, he won by over 9% margin...... we need some of these guys to come in and aid us.... I think Obama can take NH even when we take some of his antiwar votes away.

But make no mistake about it NH is big for us...... we need that state to have momentum.

Obama basically smashed Hillary, if she loses NH..... which is more then probable... and Obama takes NH with vast majority of the independant votes we might get run over by the Obama train.

Hope those independants come to us instead of Obama, at least lets hope some of them will....

Remember were not only talking about our own skins now, RP can beat Hillary in general... but if Obama steps in and steals votes away then in the end it wont matter because we will be out reguardless and if we somehow manage to pull off a miracle RP will still get smashed by Obama in general if he's the Nominee.

Kotin
01-04-2008, 02:53 AM
RP will still get smashed by Obama in general if he's the Nominee.

are you kidding?!

Ron Paul getting smashed by Obama in a general...

hilarious.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 03:01 AM
are you kidding?!

Ron Paul getting smashed by Obama in a general...

hilarious.

Nothing hilarious about it whatsoever. It's a very real possibility. Obama is the slickest con artist I have seen. We want to go up against Hillary. You should be praying she gets the nomination.

shagywashere
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Obama is a threat indeed. No one likes Hillary, except her paid supporters.

0zzy
01-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Obama is a threat indeed. No one likes Hillary, except her paid supporters.

and 29% of Iowa

rasheedwallace
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
i agree we need 2nd in NH or bust.

its real talk people, no bullshit, no sugar-coating.

shagywashere
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
yea thats pretty much all of em :P

NYgs23
01-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Too bad Obama the Stepford Candidate is too much of a cipher to have any dirt or baggage on him. He's nothing more than the face you see in a picture frame at Sears. It tragic that so many people are so image-driven to vote for this hollow man. I prefer Hillary to him. At least she might be somewhat competent.

The Stepford Candidate is our biggest threat now. Not by beating us in the general. I think we could smash even him and we shouldn't worry about the general now anyway. But we MUST educate the youth and independents in NH and elsewhere who the REAL candidate for change is!

AgentPaul001
01-04-2008, 03:15 AM
I was of the opinion that we needed 3rd in New Hampshire to really boost us, but I agree at this point 1st or 2nd is absolutely needed to catapult us into the forefront.

HERE IS CURRENT STATUS OF RACE (RCP Average):

31% - McCain
29% - Romney
10% - Guliani
10% - Huckabee
7% - Paul
2% - Thompson

Those are for REPUBLICANS. With independents we should expect about 1/3 Turnout at least. More helps us, but worst case we should still get 1/3 of the Independents voting in the Republican primary.

I'm expecting Independents to overwhemingly go for McCain and Paul. I'm guessing at least 80% with McCain and Paul spltting them. I've added them to the numbers below.

Then I adjust for a significant downard swing of Romney 25%, Guliani downard 5%, Huckabee slightly up 10%, Thompson static. I also expect a decent, but not huge upward swing of 20%. This is based on each candidates total, not the overall vote.

39% - McCain
22% - Paul
19% - Romney
9% - Huckabee
9% - Guliani
2% - Thompson
1% - Other

Thats what I'm hoping/expecting. I think McCain is definitely surging though.

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Am not worrying about Hillary or the Republican field at the moment.... Obama is a serious threat especially now. Look what he did he managed to get the vast majority of not only the youth vote but also the independants as well.

This is bad for us, i could care less for Hillary but now we will be in serious trouble if Obama wins NH especially when the votes for his win come from our own voting block.

Micahyah
01-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Yes, Obama is stealing our antiwar independent vote.

There are plenty of antiwar independents who can't stand Hillary and would never vote for her, but they are turned on to Obama, especially younger ones, and that hits a big demographic for us.

JohnnyWrath
01-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Ames, Iowa straw poll results
8/11/2007
5th place
9.1%

TRY TO LOOK AHEAD TO THE BIG PICTURE...next stop....New Hampshire.

Strafford County, NH straw poll results
8/18/2007
1st place
72.2% of the votes

Manchester, NH Straw Poll
9/16/2007
1st place
65.0% of the votes

Joe3113
01-04-2008, 04:01 AM
I guarantee the independents are going to Obama unless you guys get out there and change it

jupiter
01-04-2008, 04:03 AM
The fact is, regardless of whether Obama or Hilary wins NH, votes will still be siphoned away from the Paul camp by Obama. I don't think there is an active "antiwar league" that will optimally distribute votes between Obama and Paul.

Given this, I for one would rather have an antiwar candidate (Obama) win NH than Hilary. Of course, I would also want RP to win the GOP primary.

voytechs
01-04-2008, 04:03 AM
Just 2 statistics: 29% independents and 54% of anti-bush GOP. We also took in 12% of the dissatisfied bush people, but thats because they where heavily evangelicals and huckster stole that thunder. We need to do better in this segment, like the 50% in anti-bush segment. The dissatisfied made up 26% of all the voters.

We will do much better in other non 70% pro-bush/evangelical states.

shagywashere
01-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Third would be great too.

Joe3113
01-04-2008, 04:10 AM
WE NEED SOME RP GRASSROOTS PERSON TO FUND OBAMA TV ATTACK ADS. Youtube would be good aswell. Focus on him voting to fund Iraq war, military commissions act, patriot act, no monetary reform, his lack of experience.

Everyone will think they are Hillary attack ads anyway.....We need to turn people off Obama and quick

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 04:13 AM
We have to get 1st or 2nd, after we do that we need to convince RP to hire some professionals, the people running his campagin are inept. Granted we know what RP is saying but he needs more direction and advice on how to get his point across to the voters.

The people running his campagin have made major blunders, seriously being beat by Dead Fred and that pos skeleton McCain hurts.... we could have take these two out if we managed to get our point across to the voters, apparently we have not gotten that point across.

Grassrots has done their job, it's the Campagin and the paid staff that pissed away the oppertunity we had when we raised $20mil in 4th quarter.

Expectation was 3rd place make no mistake about it, RP took in 5th... this has been a disaster.

If McCain, Fred and Romney come in top 3 in NH, RP is done. We need to turn this around and fast.

JohnnyWrath
01-04-2008, 04:15 AM
WE NEED SOME RP GRASSROOTS PERSON TO FUND OBAMA TV ATTACK ADS.

NO way am I attacking Obama when he is running against Clinton....I just can't do it...my hate and disgust for her runs too deep.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 04:18 AM
NO way am I attacking Obama when he is running against Clinton....I just can't do it...my hate and disgust for her runs too deep.

Oh WAKE UP and smell the strategy.... If you truly hate Clinton, you will want her to win the nomination. Paul's will just pull out the Bill of rights and it will swallow her alive.

Joe3113
01-04-2008, 04:20 AM

OUR WINNING VOTE IS ON BOARD WITH HIM. You don't hate Hillary more than you love Ron Paul do you?

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 04:43 AM
We get 4th in NH, 3rd Michigan, 2nd Nevada, !st in South Carolina and thats the nomination.

speciallyblend
01-04-2008, 04:46 AM
iowa proved the gop is dead in the water without ron paul,, oo the irony, the gop is clueless ,they will get destroyed in a general election,unless they have ron paul. I hope NH voters are smarter then IA,if not the gop is doomed......

chrismatthews
01-04-2008, 04:47 AM
We were approximately 3500 votes from third place tonight. Every tiny bit of effort helps guys and gals. The margins are going to be razor thin, and every pssible vote we can get is meaningful.

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Being 4th in NH for us is bad trust me, this is the state we spend the money in. Also the HQ needs to start spending the money we raised in other states as well, holding it back and then asking for $23 mil extra wont work..... we need to make a stand in NH and we need to smash the competition there because if we don't do well the support that RP has gotten thus far will dry up.