PDA

View Full Version : We have to change the ADS from the campaign.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I loook at the videos produced by Ron Paul followers. Then I look at the ads that are going out to the states from the campaign...they are lame...they pander to a base that is brainwashed and will never vote for Ron Paul. We have to turn this thing up to something that has never been seen.

What inspired me to joined the revolution is not some canned demure commercial but a message of real change and hope. We don't need the brainwashed base to win this. Whoever is advising the campaign is lame and has no idea what is inspiring people. We need to start running our own ads that target the Dr. base. 18-35.

To HQ...please tune into what is driving this. Stop marketing the message as if it main stream because it is not!!.

No more money from me to HQ. It is all going to support our ADS.

Ron I suggest you fire your marketing directors and find someone who knows what the grassroots is all about.

fuzzybekool
01-04-2008, 02:43 AM
RP needs hardcore republican marketing geniuses. He can afford them now.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 02:45 AM
RP needs hardcore republican marketing geniuses. He can afford them now.

He needs young edgy viral marketing geniuses. Target the base. No more pandering for some old party line goat who gets their opinion from the MSM.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 02:46 AM
RP campaign ads need to hit hard on Iraq war/foreign policy issues and how they effect taxes/economy/liberties at home. RP had the foresight and courage to oppose Iraq war years ago and need to capitalize on that. Now will be good time to take a look at our ads for NH and make sure we have the right message of Hope and Change and nothing like the recent controversial, pandering ad that was played in Iowa. Iraq War and its human, financial, liberty costs should be highlighted. We should stick with the message RP sent out in debates, that works. Majority of Americans consider Iraq war a mistake and chances of someone who supported Iraq war going to the White House in 08 are between slim and none.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 02:49 AM
Maybe you have not seen this one:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/2008_Election_Ad_Who_do_the_Troops_Support

noztnac
01-04-2008, 02:51 AM
I've written about ten ads that are superior to what they've been producing. I send them to the campaign and don't even get acknowledgment that they have received them.

noztnac
01-04-2008, 02:52 AM
People need to see graphic images of war linked to the other candidates and...

troops being reunited with their families linked to Ron Paul.

It's that simple.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 02:53 AM
He needs young edgy viral marketing geniuses. Target the base. No more pandering for some old party line goat who gets their opinion from the MSM.

I agree with you about the marketing, but be easy on us old goats, we can think too.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 02:56 AM
Maybe you have not seen this one:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/2008_Election_Ad_Who_do_the_Troops_Support

Lame run of the mill ad. Again trying to pander to the brainwashed people who vote on emotion. We need to reach the free minded, free thinking people. Educate them on how it is supposed to be.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM

It's that simple.

The war is the dividing factor among the republicans that want to hold onto the shit the neocons have shoveled them. They have to be informed that it is ok to be anti war and be conservative. It is just so fucked up that these people can't let go of a war over a message of peace. We have to find a way to break them from that.

Enzo
01-04-2008, 03:12 AM

It's that simple.

Exactly. That is what's missing.

The Media, and the Bush administration are doing such a thorough job of blocking all mention and footage of US and Iraqi casualties... that most people are blissfully unaware that there's even people dying on a daily basis. That over 3 thousand Americans are dead. That hundreds of thousands of Iraqis are dead.

It's so far away.. it's like watching a tv drama.. It's so far removed from reality that it's hardly even real.

There's nowhere near the outrage during Vietnam... because there's no reporting... and no footage of the daily horrors occurring.

It's being given the Palestinian treatment.

War is horrible. It's a nightmare... and it's subhuman. Especially when it's being fought for all the wrong reasons. People need to wake up to this fact.

While the new "Support our Troops" ad is a lot better than some previous ads... it's almost completely ineffective.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 03:14 AM
I've written about ten ads that are superior to what they've been producing. I send them to the campaign and don't even get acknowledgment that they have received them.

This is the problem...they are totting the old way of doing ads. Get some granny off her sofa and vote because some scary terrorist is out to get them.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Lame run of the mill ad. Again trying to pander to the brainwashed people who vote on emotion.

Ah, that would be 95% of America....

slamhead
01-04-2008, 03:15 AM
I agree with you about the marketing, but be easy on us old goats, we can think too.

I'm 42 but I have a teenage daughter so I know what appeals to them.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 03:17 AM

It's that simple.

A great idea. Might just provide the shock that is needed to get the general public to sit up and take notice. Somebody get it done and on tv. (I have no creative talent, so can't help create it, but I will help pay for it!)

noztnac
01-04-2008, 06:22 AM
The war is the dividing factor among the republicans that want to hold onto the shit the neocons have shoveled them. They have to be informed that it is ok to be anti war and be conservative. It is just so fucked up that these people can't let go of a war over a message of peace. We have to find a way to break them from that.

It's because they don't really know what war is. All they see is sanitized ,TV friendly, flag waving propaganda.

We need to remind people what war really is. We need to show bodies, flag draped coffins, burned children, amputees, etc.

Images can be very powerful. Why is the campaign not using powerful images? We get inane bullshit like "He's catching on I'm tellin' ya."

It's time to present the pro war crowd with the reality of what they are supporting.

It's very simple- Huckabee, Giuliani, Romney, McCain, Hunter, and Thompson support this: Then show graphic images of war.

Ron Paul supports this: Then show soldiers being reunited with their wives and children.

If someone doesn't make this sort of ad we will lose. It's really that simple.

Mortikhi
01-04-2008, 06:31 AM
We've been complaining about the ads.
We've been complaining about the campaign not taking advantage of interview offers.
We've been complaining about alot of things.

The real solution is to fire the campaign manager and hire someone with at least a 3 digit IQ.

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 06:46 AM
The campaign's ads will appeal to voters. If you don't like them, make your own and get some airtime for it :)

noztnac
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM
The campaign's ads will appeal to voters. If you don't like them, make your own and get some airtime for it :)

When? They've had a chance to work and they didn't.

apc3161
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM

Agreed, he just needs a new campaign staff.

bitsyf
01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm an old granny and I say STOP WHINING and make the ads you want to see; that you think will work. Put nekkid wimmin and men with muscles and guns in them if you think that will work. Nobody is stopping you from doing anything.

noztnac
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
This very forum deleted a thread I created called "What is war? We need to remind people."

I presented the exact kind of images from the Iraq war that will win the election for Ron Paul.

If we are too afraid on our own forum of telling the truth we really don't deserve to win.

noztnac
01-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm an old granny and I say STOP WHINING and make the ads you want to see; that you think will work. Put nekkid wimmin and men with muscles and guns in them if you think that will work. Nobody is stopping you from doing anything.

You're not an old granny. You're a young great granny.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
It's because they don't really know what war is. All they see is sanitized ,TV friendly, flag waving propaganda.

We need to remind people what war really is. We need to show bodies, flag draped coffins, burned children, amputees, etc.

Images can be very powerful. Why is the campaign not using powerful images? We get inane bullshit like "He's catching on I'm tellin' ya."

It's time to present the pro war crowd with the reality of what they are supporting.

It's very simple- Huckabee, Giuliani, Romney, McCain, Hunter, and Thompson support this: Then show graphic images of war.

Ron Paul supports this: Then show soldiers being reunited with their wives and children.

If someone doesn't make this sort of ad we will lose. It's really that simple.

I don't agree with images like that. Would just make people tune out. It directly attacks their current way of thinking. They will take it as an attack on themselves. Although the war is the driving issue for most people here, it is where we are loosing the people that think we are a powerful country because we can kick everyone's asses. Is a matter of pride to them. We need to convince them that our true power is our power to wage peace.

AdamT
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
We have a team of about 8 people working on a new 60 second ad that is going to be mind blowing. Once we get it done (shooting for Jan 25th), we're gonna need everyone's help to get the campaign to take it and run with it. We are making this FOR THEM to spend their millions to air.

See previous thread.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71242

sanjeevjain
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Why don't we play to the Ron Paul's strength? "Its the economy stupid."

bitsyf
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Get Willy Nelson to do one on the abuses of the IRS. They have powers NEVER granted by the constitution. Searches and seizures. Denied privacy rights...