PDA

View Full Version : What went right - Moneybombing

Taco John
01-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Listen... I know there's a lot of controversey around here about whether or not Moneybombing should continue.

Our success in Iowa proves that it worked. If we're to believe that the polls are fairly accurate (not perfectly accurate - they average down about 3.5 percent of what we finished with in Iowa), then look at what the moneybombs did... In addition to funding the campaign and giving us plenty of air to breathe knowing that no matter how we finished tonight, we're funded through February 5th - the other thing that they did was bump our polling numbers. Prior to 11/5, our poll numbers were running about 1-4% in Iowa. In some polls we didn't even register. After 11/5, we were running about 5-7% in Iowa. And then after 12/16, we're looking at numbers that are 7-10%. We finished in 10% - regardless of place in the pile, this is significant, especially in Iowa. It proves that Ron Paul's message sells.

Moneybombs work.

Without them, it's easy for the media to ignore us. Even with them, they try... But they fail, because money talks in politics. They have no choice but to cover us when we're raising money. When we raise money, we raise attention. When we raise attention, we raise percentage points. We give new people the opportunity to get involved in the movement. We supply the campaign with much needed cash.

There are three efforts that I know about right now for a moneybomb. I'm not here to advocate one over the other - I'll let the market decide. But here are the ones that I know about... Get involved! Make it happen! Subscribe to one or more of these efforts. Spread the word!

Or better yet, donate right now if you can spare it. The campaign just picked up its first two delegates tonight. We're players in the game.

Donate:

January 17th - Benjamins for Paul: http://benjaminsforpaul.com/

January 21st - FreeAtLast2008: http://www.freeatlast2008.com/
(note: Trevor Lyman and Vijay Boyapti are behind this one)

Every Friday - Ron Paul's Pay Day: http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

None of these needs to "win out" over the others. Just like with Nov. 5th and Nov. 11th, they can all be winners. Subscribe to whichever you think is best and let's do this!

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Listen... I know there's a lot of controversey around here about whether or not Moneybombing should continue.

Our success in Iowa proves that it worked. If we're to believe that the polls are fairly accurate (not perfectly accurate - they average down about 3.5 percent of what we finished with in Iowa), then look at what the moneybombs did... In addition to funding the campaign and giving us plenty of air to breathe knowing that no matter how we finished tonight, we're funded through February 5th - the other thing that they did was bump our polling numbers. Prior to 11/5, our poll numbers were running about 1-4% in Iowa. In some polls we didn't even register. After 11/5, we were running about 5-7% in Iowa. And then after 12/16, we're looking at numbers that are 7-10%. We finished in 10% - regardless of place in the pile, this is significant, especially in Iowa. It proves that Ron Paul's message sells.

Moneybombs work.

Without them, it's easy for the media to ignore us. Even with them, they try... But they fail, because money talks in politics. They have no choice but to cover us when we're raising money. When we raise money, we raise attention. When we raise attention, we raise percentage points. We give new people the opportunity to get involved in the movement. We supply the campaign with much needed cash.

There are three efforts that I know about right now for a moneybomb. I'm not here to advocate one over the other - I'll let the market decide. But here are the ones that I know about... Get involved! Make it happen! Subscribe to one or more of these efforts. Spread the word!

Or better yet, donate right now if you can spare it. The campaign just picked up its first two delegates tonight. We're players in the game.

Donate:

January 17th - Benjamins for Paul: http://benjaminsforpaul.com/

January 21st - FreeAtLast2008: http://www.freeatlast2008.com/
(note: Trevor Lyman and Vijay Boyapti are behind this one)

Every Friday - Ron Paul's Pay Day: http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

None of these needs to "win out" over the others. Just like with Nov. 5th and Nov. 11th, they can all be winners. Subscribe to whichever you think is best and let's do this!

i agree 100%!

nosebruise
01-04-2008, 02:38 AM
"moneybombs" helped raise the polls not because "money talks" but because they gave us media attention.

what we need to do is let people know who ron is and what he is all about. the media helped us do that in this case because they brought attention to him. which in turn lead people to seek out WHY this guy got 4 mil in a single day.

if the media stops reporting our money bombs they wont help us in the polls (other than generating revenue of course which is just as important as it turns into advertising/votes... but thats not necessarily a "moneybomb" thing.)

NerveShocker
01-04-2008, 02:41 AM
I agree those who think 10% wasn't good and that the polls were accurate are mistaken.. there were tons of polls only 1 gave us 10% the average of them was about 7.5% (the new ones). This in a state with 60% evangelicals who banded behind Huckabee for obvious reasons. In Iowa we had 30% of the independent vote go to us (higher than anyone) second was 20% for huckabee.. In New Hampshire independents make up a huge percentage (40%) and they showed up for Ron Paul in Iowa more than any Democrat or Republican by far. The independents have clearly chosen Ron Paul as their man.

anotherone
01-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Moneybombs gave us 75% of our momentum.

They are one of the best features of this movement.

If we can agree on a suitable date, another moneybomb would really help.

all J's in IL for RP
01-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Moneybomb were an important tool a couple months ago, but our tactics must change as the campaign continues. They're no longer enough to drive the media cycle; people are voting now. Money raised from them will be spent down the line, which means March. What is needed is more people giving as soon as they become enamored with the campaign. Efforts are better spent getting more supporters.

Let the January moneybombs be the last.

TenDeseo
01-04-2008, 04:16 AM
If 20 million raised for the quarter hardly registers on their radar, neither will another couple million in one day. The votes are grabbing the attention from here on out. Look forward to the upcoming primaries because I don't see moneybombs grabbing any extra media attention.

TenDeseo

Knightskye
01-04-2008, 04:19 AM
We just need to give the campaign money and let them spend it. They could've spent more in Iowa, but they, for some reason (:rolleyes:), got a lot of money pretty late.