PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed here in Iowa that worked

ForTheRevolution
01-04-2008, 02:21 AM
I come from small town iowa (pop 10,000) with smaller towns around us (pop 200-1000)

I was just viewing the results in my area precinct by precinct and something dawned on me. The precincts that did well (poll 20% or so) are the ones made up of one small town...and that contain a 4x8 homemade RP sign on the main hwy though town. I look at other close towns without a RP sign and they poll low (1-9%).

-----------------------------------------------------
Example: Newell is a small town with a RP sign on the main hwy that includes a big phone number to call. RP polled 21.7% in this precinct.

Truesdale is a very similar town with no RP sign, there he polled 3.7%.

------------------------------------------------------

The point is, don't forget about the small towns. That is honestly where some of the best numbers came out of in Iowa. It may seem like a waste of time targeting 400 people in a rural town, when you could be in a city with 25000 BUT the thing is city folks are always on the move, while rural folks stop and smell the roses (and take some time to listen to the issues)

Simpletruth
01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
That may be a good observation. In my small town precinct, (right outside Cedar Rapids), Ron Paul did well with just under 20% and placed 3rd. I had put a sign out on one of the main roads as well.

jake
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
it makes sense. a sizable chunk that do not vote for Paul are unlikely to know of his positions.

seapilot
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Yesterday in the Alaska office I talked to a hardcore RP supporter who said he didnt know about RP until he saw a banner near an overpass.

This is any indication NH should do well as supposedly there are thousands of signs there in every town. Everyone should make sure that people get yard signs. Its these observations that work.

european
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
5 star post

jacmicwag
01-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Great post - it's the little things that usually work best.

european
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
worth a bump :D

ForTheRevolution
01-06-2008, 01:24 AM
thanks guys! hope you all can use it in the 48 states to go.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Good Research about towns. I was looking at the exit demographics in Iowa as well.

People are correctly noticing that we get independants and angry at Bush crowd in overwhelming numbers.