PDA

View Full Version : The importance of following through on a promise

nsheedy
01-04-2008, 02:21 AM
I believe that 22,000 registered Republicans in Iowa had identified themselves as Ron Paul supporters. Only 11,000 showed up. :confused: This posting is not to point fingers, but to show what it would have meant if the no-shows had done what EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO: VOTE!

With 96.4% of the precincts reporting, here are the percentages of the voters:

34.3% Huckabee
25.3% Romney
13.4% Thompson
13.1% McCain
10.0% Dr. Paul :eek:
03.5% Guliani

Now, lets see what would have happened if the rest of the Ron Paul supporters showed up. The votes for Ron Paul would have doubled, but the increase in overall votes would have brought the other candidates' numbers down. If those other 11,000 had shown up, here's what the numbers would have been:

28.6% Huckabee
21.1% Romney
20.0% Dr. Paul :o
11.2% Thompson
10.9% McCain
02.9% Guliani

And so we see that if everyone who says they are a Ron Paul supprter had done what we ALL need to do (get out and VOTE, Goddamnit!:mad:), Ron Paul would have finished a very strong third instead of fifth.

Iowa is not over. And the votes ARE NOT BINDING!!! The delegates were nominated and there are Ron Paul supporters among them. We need EVERY ONE OF THOSE RON PAUL DELEGATES TO GET THEIR BUTTS TO THEIR COUNTY CONVENTION NEXT MONTH AND VIE FOR THOSE DISTRICT DELEGATE POSITIONS!!!

NOTE: The 22,000 figure is the number of registered Republicans who identified themselvs as Ron Paul supporters some time ago. This figure has been floating around. I mistakenly understood that those suppoerters had pledged to caucus, but it is just the number of individuals in Iowa who have donated or identified themselves as Paul supporters. What this really goes to show is that it all comes down to GETTING OUT THE DOOR AND VOTING!

blakjak
01-04-2008, 02:24 AM
I believe that 22,000 registered Republicans in Iowa had pledged to caucus Thursday night.

source?

voisine
01-04-2008, 02:29 AM
If seen the 22k number a few times... where is that number from? Do we have contact info? We need to contact a large sample and find out what kept them from voting so we can fix it. Does anyone have any idea what happened? It's easy to get pissed and tell them to screw themselves, but we're lucky this happened in a relatively small early state. They did us a favor by waking us up to the fact that there are still barriers in the way of supporters. Did they not know when or where to go? Were they turned away? Did they not have proper ID? What was it?

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
It was an incompetent campaign staff.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 02:43 AM
I do agree that if we could poll the missing 11,000 (not sure where that number comes from either) and discover why their pledges did not become votes, we will go a long way towards better showings in other states.

Richandler
01-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Maybe they did go...

Dieseler
01-04-2008, 02:51 AM
I think they were watching football.

I wonder how they feel about getting drafted?