PDA

View Full Version : PBS's Newhour with Jim Lehrer on fundraising 2Q

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
In the final discussion segment tonight, the discussion (painfully late) turned to Ron Paul. He was discussed favorably.

Audio link here:

http://media.pbs.org/ramgen/newshour/expansion/2007/07/16/20070716_money28.rm?altplay=20070716_money28.rm

SeanEdwards
07-16-2007, 06:10 PM
WOW! Obama spent over $3 million on chartered jets in Q2! :eek:

ThePieSwindler
07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
WOW! Obama spent over $3 million on chartered jets in Q2! :eek:

yeah but Ron Paul flew FIRST CLASS!!!!!!11one what a sellout!! (of course there won't be a hit piece about how Obama spends 3 million on chartered jets like this... because he is a media darling and is overhyped)

LizF
07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks for posting this Bradley, or else I would have missed it.

My mom had watched the Newshour with Jim Lehrer tonight, but didn't watch the segment through to the end. (I think she got tired of hearing about all the other "first tier" candidates, so, disappointed by what she figured was going to be no mention of RP, she tuned out).

The professor who spoke during that segment missed an opportunity, IMO, to talk about RP. When Gwen Ifill asked him if there were any Republicans besides Romney who had "done anything unusual or insightful in the way they chose to spend money this quarter"; he basically said "no", and talked about candidates who had spent more than they had raised.

However, Ifill later mentioned RP and how he has more cash on hand than McCain--to which the woman from Hotline responded that he "has really caught on on the Internet." She also said that "he continues to be a presence" and that "we will continue to see him on the campaign trail and possibly in the debates as well".

nayjevin
07-16-2007, 11:39 PM
this is the type of broadcast i would have called 'in the right direction' months ago, but at this stage, is really just a marginalization. newshour isn't much better than the rest -- true reporting MANDATES covering Paul at this stage he IS the campaign fundraising story.

SeanEdwards
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
this is the type of broadcast i would have called 'in the right direction' months ago, but at this stage, is really just a marginalization. newshour isn't much better than the rest -- true reporting MANDATES covering Paul at this stage he IS the campaign fundraising story.

I'm afraid of the media. It's almost better if they keep ignoring him. They're like a bunch of vipers, or jackals. I mean, look how they piled on McCain when he stumbled. Let them keep ignoring Paul. Meanwhile we'll steal a march and have them surrounded before they even realize what's going on. :D

nayjevin
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm afraid of the media. It's almost better if they keep ignoring him. They're like a bunch of vipers, or jackals. I mean, look how they piled on McCain when he stumbled. Let them keep ignoring Paul. Meanwhile we'll steal a march and have them surrounded before they even realize what's going on.

you may be right -- perhaps we should abandon the old media and ignore it entirely. the internet will take over -- has it enough to support the entire campaign already?

nayjevin
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm afraid of the media. It's almost better if they keep ignoring him. They're like a bunch of vipers, or jackals. I mean, look how they piled on McCain when he stumbled. Let them keep ignoring Paul. Meanwhile we'll steal a march and have them surrounded before they even realize what's going on.

you may be right, i definitely agree they are jackals. Perhaps we should abandon the old media and ignore it entirely. the internet will take over -- has it enough to support the entire campaign already?

Bradley in DC
07-17-2007, 06:53 AM
you may be right -- perhaps we should abandon the old media and ignore it entirely. the internet will take over -- has it enough to support the entire campaign already?

We need to reach as many people as possible through as many legitimate means as possible. Embrace the media!