PDA

View Full Version : Help me convince the GF

shaunish
01-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Okay so my gf has been raised by very open minded, but misinformed parents. I live in RI, everyone here votes dem, because its the cool thing to do. Knowing her situation I have tried to avoid pushing my political opinions on her, because we do not need another thing to fight about.

So, my gf asks me why im going to NH next week, I say to show support for Ron Paul. She tells me she thinks its great that I found something I like blah blah blah. okay.

So the following conversation went something like this:

Me: - "yeah you should check him out, hes a great guy."
Her: - "I think I am just gonna vote for Hilary, she gives me good vibes."
Me: - "Thats not such a good idea, you are going to be canceling my well researched vote with your vibes."
Her: - "She just seems so nice, shes definitely a good person, and thats what im looking for."
Me: - "Are you registered democrat? or independent?"
Her: - "Democrat"

So then she reaches the conclusion that she is not going to vote, because she is not informed enough. I walk away because I want to take a strategic approach to this, rather than verbally piling information on her.

Where do I start? She "doesnt like politics" so I can not get her to spend an hour reading or trolling the forums. A large problem is that she saw some thing in Time magazine or something contrasting politicians issues, and "they all seem to want good, especially Hilary, and shes such a strong woman"

Im frustrated.

Kaneda
01-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Tell her that this http://www.jonathangullible.com/mmedia/PhilosophyOfLiberty-english_music.swf is what you believe in, and that everything RP says is based on that.
Tell her, you want to live under someone who respects you, not one with "good vibes" who will take your money because she thinks she knows better on how to spent it.

Kaneda
01-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Another suggestion: show her this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

and tell her, that a german Ron Paul supporter told you ;)

Kaneda
01-04-2008, 06:36 AM
This is also reeeeealy interesting about Hillary Clinton ^^

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/crossed.asp

goRPaul
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Tell her this, see if it works or not- all of the Democrats (Kucinich the exception) believe that women should register with Selective Service at the age of 18. They all believe that women should be included in the draft... "just in case."

I can't find a video but here's the transcript- http://www.bbpresforum.org/transcript.html Scroll down to the second half and the question is posed at 26:56, Dodd has a big response and then its yes/no for the rest of the candidates.

Ron Paul, of course, believes that there should be no Selective Service system for either males or females, and that our military would be much stronger without it.

RonPaulalways
01-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Show her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-h3fbu2vv8

shaunish
01-06-2008, 10:44 PM
thank you guys, ill give it a go.

kushaze
01-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Promise to do her special favors. j/k

shoms_w
01-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Save yourself. Dump her.

shaunish
01-06-2008, 10:54 PM
im looking for some good ammunition on why to not vote for hilary - any definitive source - free of conspiracy theory that i can link her?

shaunish
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Save yourself. Dump her.

almost headed taht way - then gonna move to NH with the FSP.

sasha_2008
01-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Both Hillary and Obama are for requiring woman to register for the draft. Ron Paul wants to repeal the selective services act, meaning nobody signs up for the draft.

Your GF may not be into politics, but how does she feel about getting drafted?

noztnac
01-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Okay so my gf has been raised by very open minded, but misinformed parents. I live in RI, everyone here votes dem, because its the cool thing to do. Knowing her situation I have tried to avoid pushing my political opinions on her, because we do not need another thing to fight about.

So, my gf asks me why im going to NH next week, I say to show support for Ron Paul. She tells me she thinks its great that I found something I like blah blah blah. okay.

So the following conversation went something like this:

Me: - "yeah you should check him out, hes a great guy."
Her: - "I think I am just gonna vote for Hilary, she gives me good vibes."
Me: - "Thats not such a good idea, you are going to be canceling my well researched vote with your vibes."
Her: - "She just seems so nice, shes definitely a good person, and thats what im looking for."
Me: - "Are you registered democrat? or independent?"
Her: - "Democrat"

So then she reaches the conclusion that she is not going to vote, because she is not informed enough. I walk away because I want to take a strategic approach to this, rather than verbally piling information on her.

Where do I start? She "doesnt like politics" so I can not get her to spend an hour reading or trolling the forums. A large problem is that she saw some thing in Time magazine or something contrasting politicians issues, and "they all seem to want good, especially Hilary, and shes such a strong woman"

Im frustrated.

Just make sure she doesn't vote. That's probably the best you can hope for.

santopia
01-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Lots of peope voted for GW Bush because they got good vibes too. Where'd that get us?

Get informed and vote your concsience.

phixion
01-13-2008, 07:58 AM
She has no respect for you.

She doesn't care and is blatantly showing it.

You shouldn't need to convince her of anything. She should be interested in why you're voting for Ron Paul and why you think it's a good idea, and then falling in line and supporting your decision.

You know what to do...

Pete

Matt Collins
01-13-2008, 11:36 AM
almost headed taht way - then gonna move to NH with the FSP.

Got a pic? :D

worldsupport
01-13-2008, 12:09 PM
dont bring her here, thats for sure

Nicketas
01-14-2008, 01:18 AM

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Too much work. Dump her.

As a licensed gender psychology coach I have to step in here....

Appeal to emotion, not research. Logic is DEATH when talking with most people ESPECIALLY WOMEN.

I am NOT saying this to be "sexist", it's just psychology. Any man with a wife or girlfriend knows exactly what i'm talking about.

Your girlfriend wants SAFETY and A SENSE OF BELONGING to something. Women care more about safety and belonging than they do about freedom.

SHOW her (don't tell her) how ron paul will make us more safe (videos!), and SHOW HER the revolutionary movement videos.

Then say "Imagine us, together, sweetheart, helping our country to be more secure and putting more money in our pockets, then I can better afford to buy you some cute shoes".

If that doesn't work (99% chance it will), just let it go and set a good example with YOUR emotions.

Show her how good this makes you feel and COMPLETELY IGNORE any talks about politics with her.

Watch what happens ;)

McDermit
01-14-2008, 01:26 AM
LOL. Had I tried to pull any of Nicketas' crap with any of my exes, they would have called me a queen and told me to shove it.

Logical women FTW.

Nicketas
01-14-2008, 01:51 AM

Goldwater Conservative
01-14-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm guessing she's anti-war, being both a Rhode Islander and a Democrat.

Hillary will not commit to being out of Iraq before 2013. She voted for the Iraq war, continues to vote for maintaining it, and even voted to declare the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization (which was widely seen as giving the president an opening to unilaterally go to war against Iran). She is being supported by Rupert Murdoch, the man who owns Fox News, which has been a mouthpiece for the Bush administration and the neoconservative agenda.

Ron Paul would withdraw us from Iraq ASAP (which comes out to be a matter of months) and would even withdraw our troops from everywhere else in the world, such as Germany, Japan, and South Korea. That would not only save us hundreds of billions of dollars a year, but make us far less hated around the world. In other words, we'd get safety AND our money back. No need for a draft, either, which there might be if Hillary has her way.

Also, Dr. Paul wants to allow competing currencies, whereas our current monetary policy (that no other candidate opposes) lets a private corporation with no accountability to the public manipulate the money supply, including expanding it recklessly, thereby leading to inflation (sticker shock, aka skyrocketing prices, which hurt the poor and working class the most) and economic distortions that result in situations like the recent housing bubble crisis.