PDA

View Full Version : One Iowans View

Railroad_Ross
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
I was there… I caucused, and I saw what we are up against. Unfortunately the so called Christian conservatives that sold us on George Bush as a candidate also forced Mike Huckabee on us… That said Paul has done an excellent job capturing the attention of the young, the “lower middle class” and getting crossover voters from independents and democrats. The problem is these are not people that typically vote in presidential elections let alone primaries.

In some ways this is slightly tragic but in others it is exciting. It’s tragic in the respect that I do think Dr. Paul’s message is getting out there but people as still very apathetic, don’t think they can make a difference or simply don’t think he can win. It’s exciting because this is better than anybody thought he would do and has enough momentum and enough money to stay in the race well into February. As Dr. Paul said tonight in his after caucus speech, getting the message out will be a slow process with lots of peeks and valleys. “This is not the end, this is only the beginning,” said Dr Paul at the post causes rally. The bottom line is if you are passionate about the message and believe in it there are others feeling same way. You can make a difference and bring them out.

Also, as the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I am surprised the numbers are not even better for Ron Paul. I am especially at the numbers of Rudy Ghoulliani. Of the caucus precincts in the school I was in Paul finished 2nd, 3rd, and 5th. At another close by location he finished 3rd. Rudy failed to take in 6 votes total in all three precincts at the school where I caucused. When I went to the Ron Paul rally after the caucus many of the people I spoke to shared similar results. I’m in Polk County if you wish to see my county results (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/county/#val=IAREP8). I am amazed that this small snapshot was not closer to the actual results.

The message is getting to the people… it’s slow in coming and will take effort to make it gain traction but we can plant seeds for the future. Again, “this is not the end this is only the begging,” was the message Dr. Paul shared with us tonight. Please continue to spread the word.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 01:29 AM
We need to supercharge the message. That is the problem. It takes exposure to it that most people are not willing to give it a second look.

ForTheRevolution
01-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Rudy got ZERO votes in my precinct.

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Rudy got ZERO votes in my precinct.

:)

For perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0

Xonox
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
We schooled Rudy "I'm going to be president of florida" Giulliani and we showed that Ron Paul is a true contender. A good showing in NH will catapult us to the front for sure.

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
There were screenshots of that Politico poll showing Ghouliani go up like +3500 votes only to have them subtracted.

Railroad_Ross
01-04-2008, 01:41 AM
The LOL moment of the Post Caucus Rally was when Ron Paul said something to the effect of "I wonder if the media will ask Rudy if he is dropping out tomorrow."

DAFTEK
01-04-2008, 01:45 AM
I have a feeling our next president of united states will be the one who sounds like Dr. King, not Dr. Paul! I went out and caucused and to be honest our speaker in Dubuque SUCKED! they laughed at him :( There wore lots of Romney people and Mcaine with buttons on! My wife voted for Dr Paul because of me but she did not want to :( and after that speech she made sure she let me know that! I am trying to keep my head up to the end but i feel its a loosing battle and after i heard Obama fool people with his Dr King speech where all his words sound like he is preaching in church i felt the power he has behind him! 95% white and he won with flying colors! I had a six pack of Becks and im of to bed now. May God help us. Dr Ron Paul 2008 Vote to the end!

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 01:45 AM
We need to supercharge the message. That is the problem. It takes exposure to it that most people are not willing to give it a second look.

"Supercharging" will do nothing if we don't get the heck OFF the Internet and don't get the heck out ONTO the streets! We HAVE GOT to hit the streets. Period. I have gone out onto the streets and talked to people, and trust me, believe me, we have 1000% more effect talking to people and shaking hands than we do just sitting on our duffs on the Internet.

jblosser
01-04-2008, 01:48 AM

No, we need to TURN OUT THE VOTE.

Carry a notebook and write down the name and number of every person that comments favorably on your Ron Paul shirt you wear everywhere, then make sure each of them goes to the polls if you have to carry them on your back.

Railroad_Ross
01-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Both of the above posts are 100% correct. We must go out an spread the message and make sure those that are hearing it get to the polls. New Hampshire is only 4 days away now and people there can make a difference.

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
If you can go to New Hampshire for Operation Live Free Or Die, then GO

http://operationlivefreeordie.com

I will see you there.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
I started my own business as an independent field service computer and network technician just before the holidays. bad time to start working for yourself. I expect good things to happen in the next quarter, but as of right now I am flat broke. $0.07 in my bank account and holding. I gave my last dime to RP in the Tea Party. I am going to SC because the meetup is organizing a bus. I can't afford transportation at all. Heck, I'm just crossing my fingers hoping there will be food and shelter for me in SC -- but I know I'm very good at turning people on for Ron Paul when I talk to them in person, and SC is VERY important for us.

Edited to add: That was an attempt to explain why I'll be going to SC instead of NH, not looking for help. I'll figure something out. no worries! 8-)