PDA

View Full Version : Please read! - Lesson Learned in IA: Don't blow off campaigning in rural areas!!!

libertythor
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
I am headed off to bed. Remember everybody, it isn't the end of the world.

I also leave one note: Don't neglect the urban areas in the middle states. In Missouri about 50% of the population lives in non metro areas.

Hitting college campus centers and metro areas is important but alone won't cut it. We need meetup members heading out to farms and communities of 10,000 people for many of these constests!

Other states to keep in mind for thoroughly combing small towns: Nebraska, the Dakotas, Arkansas, Kansas, Wisconsin, Minnesota....etc You get the picture. This is what happened in Iowa. The highest voter turnout percentage wise is in rural areas and involves an older set. If the campaign was more geared towards how liberty would affect this demographic in IA, the results would have been different.

The campuses and busy urban intersections are great but not enough to win.

Don't forget that! This is a lesson we have learned today in Iowa.

Edit: P.S. The small town and rural population are more civic. You can reach a good deal of them by looking up events in the small newspapers that just about every county has: Auctions, PTA Meetings, Volunteer Fire Department Bake Sales, Moose/Elks/Eagles Clubs, Hunting Clubs....etc.

libertythor
01-04-2008, 08:29 AM
bump

Cyclone177
01-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Yep, that is my feeling exactly. I went to caucus even though I live in Omaha NE. I gave a speech in support of RP, but it didn't do much. We got 2 votes out of 29. All the people were old, I mean way old. And they were all farmers. And scared to death of Terrorists.

I cannot stress enough, that somehow we must find a way to get through the sheeple's programming. That is the only way.

hasan
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
most of the caucus goers for huckabee were old ppl. we need to get the message across to them

libertythor
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
That was the big problem! The older segment and the towns with 20,000 and under were largely ignored.