PDA

View Full Version : Has the official campaign failed?

RonPaulFever
01-04-2008, 01:23 AM
The more threads I read about how the campaign has dropped the ball, the more I agree. The campaign has the money to be competitive and get Ron's message out, but let's face it: they have failed. All of the successes thus far are largely the results of grassroots effort, and as the financiers and boots on the ground for Ron Paul, we should demand change.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
The message MUST get out!!!

5 TV Commercials

1) End the IRS and how we will still pay for Gov't "stuff"
2) Economy: Why the US is screwed.
3) Foreign Policy: Why they hate us and wanna bomb us.
4) Welfare State: What is breaking the bank
5) Liberty: What it truly means to be free and WHY YOU MUST VOTE. TURNOUT!

All of these need to be 1 minute.

It's like a crash course that a 4 year old can understand.

Run these spots all over the Country and you will see the response we get.

Give me liberty
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Why can't we all just think positive

I thought saw a news article that the ron paul campaign will put its foucs on NH.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
No.

But now will be good time to take a look at our ads for NH and make sure we have the right message of Hope and Change and that all the grassroots and campaign efforts are being coordinated effectively to maximize support in Live Free state.

Ron Paul got 10% vote and beat the neocon poster boy candidate Rudy in a state with older, religious demographic that is not your usual RP base. This is a good start.
Great job by all those who worked very hard.

me3
01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Y'all need to stop polling each other, and start talking to and recruiting new voters.

We don't have time to micro-analyze what we think and feel every step of the way.

It's not a social experiment, it's a revolution.

Cap'n Crunk
01-04-2008, 01:33 AM
I think the official campaign needs to focus on getting the senior vote. Grassroots is much better at converting the younger crowd.

RonPaulFever
01-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Y'all need to stop polling each other, and start talking to and recruiting new voters.

We don't have time to micro-analyze what we think and feel every step of the way.

It's not a social experiment, it's a revolution.

I make it a policy not to recruit new voters at 2 a.m. ;)

But, I WILL go to bed and continue the fight tomorrow.

richk
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I don't think I have enough information to make that decision. I have to conclude no, until I get concrete info to the contrary. There are so many things that have to be factored in.

To be realistic the best we could've hoped for was 3rd place. We finished a close 5th, 3% behind.

Look at all the time and money Romney has spent in Iowa, and he got his butt kicked! If he loses New Hampshire, what's he gonna do?

We exceeded outsiders' expectations. We may not be thrilled, but there are alot of positives here. :)

Ron LOL
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
A much better question is: when is the official campaign not actively engaged in failing in new and creative ways.

JustBcuz
01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Ask me this after NH.

Romney & Huck were both pretty much 'all-in' in Iowa, and we just kinda poked and prodded...didn't really give it ton of attention.

We'll see if the campaign is really getting it done in NH.

I Am Weasel
01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
#6, EXPERIENCE!
When you look at Ron Pauls experience vs Oslama, well... it speaks volumes. Rons experience needs to be known, especially his CONSISTENT voting record as not being just another Washington politician!!!!!

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:39 AM
What will it take for us to realize that positive thinking doesn't win elections?

We dreamed and prayed for 1st place, the "pessimists" were predicting 3rd.
We ignored the polls, they were "rigged", "skewed", "biased" and didn't take into account the cellphones, and the independents.

We got 5th. The polls were dead on (sometimes even without the margin of error).

All our best wishes cannot change the facts.

We are trailing badly on the polls in NH. THAT IS A FACT.
We are going to loose New Hampshire if we continue on this path.

We must realize that, as strong as our grassroots is, we cannot do this alone.
We need a strong, competitive campaign, that knows the intricacies of these elections.

Not having buses to transport people to the caucuses was unforgivable. All other campaigns had them.
Not having effective, quality ads is terrible.
Not having a PR firm that gets Ron Paul quality airtime in MSM is killing our chances.(spare me the conspiracies, please. A good PR firm can get ANYONE good coverage).

me3
01-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Actually coboman, we need to stop bitching and we need to start working harder.

The only thing that complaining about the campaign is going to accomplish is demoralizing people, and creating an artificial mental point of failure.

We are the points of failure. The grassroots. We've got it this far, we have to keep pushing it.

Yeah, the campaign isn't very impressive. But we are. We CAN do this.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 01:42 AM
What will it take for us to realize that positive thinking doesn't win elections?

We dreamed and prayed for 1st place, the "pessimists" were predicting 3rd.
We ignored the polls, they were "rigged", "skewed", "biased" and didn't take into account the cellphones, and the independents.

We got 5th. The polls were dead on (sometimes even without the margin of error).

All our best wishes cannot change the facts.

We are trailing badly on the polls in NH. THAT IS A FACT.
We are going to loose New Hampshire if we continue on this path.

We must realize that, as strong as our grassroots is, we cannot do this alone.
We need a strong, competitive campaign, that knows the intricacies of these elections.

Not having buses to transport people to the caucuses was unforgivable. All other campaigns had them.
Not having effective, quality ads is terrible.
Not having a PR firm that gets Ron Paul quality airtime in MSM is killing our chances.(spare me the conspiracies, please. A good PR firm can get ANYONE good coverage).

I agree. It is time to make news. This tv blackout is killing us and has gone far enough. The campaign needs to do something that they cannot ignore-make noise, make waves, do something before it is too late

hard@work
01-04-2008, 01:43 AM
The more threads I read about how the campaign has dropped the ball, the more I agree. The campaign has the money to be competitive and get Ron's message out, but let's face it: they have failed. All of the successes thus far are largely the results of grassroots effort, and as the financiers and boots on the ground for Ron Paul, we should demand change.

Your analysis is based off of what empirical data? None right?

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Actually coboman, we need to stop bitching and we need to start working harder.

The only thing that complaining about the campaign is going to accomplish is demoralizing people, and creating an artificial mental point of failure.

We are the points of failure. The grassroots. We've got it this far, we have to keep pushing it.

Yeah, the campaign isn't very impressive. But we are. We CAN do this.

:(Man, I don't want to hurt anyones feelings. I am actually posting this because I believe we can win.
I am not bitching, I am trying to get us to have a better backup. The most impressive thing the grassroots has done, is the teaparty moneybomb. I think what is demoralizing, is that that money is not being spent properly.

The worst part, is that IT DOESN"T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY.
We can ask for change. We deserve a much better official campaign. If enough of us break the tabu of "respecting" the official campaign, we could ask for more.

G-Wohl
01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
The campaign has failed only when Ron Paul has not entered the oval office in 2009. Let's realize that there are 49 other states, many of which are more important than Iowa. Instead of criticizing the official campaign, we should be offering suggestions and trying to work with them - like RP would say, "talk with them and trade with them."

:D

Ron Paul Fan
01-04-2008, 01:57 AM
No.

austin356
01-04-2008, 01:59 AM
70% of the grassroots does not look at the campaign's staff through rosy colored sun glasses.

Dave Pedersen
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
I think the official campaign needs to focus on getting the senior vote. Grassroots is much better at converting the younger crowd.

Yes yes yes.

Old people don't want to risk their social security.

They don't see Ron Paul's vision for America.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 02:51 AM
This is not a traditional campaign...stop running ads that grannys love. You will never convert them. His ad campaign has to be edgy and over the top to attrack the 18-35 crowd. His commercials are so run of the mill and uninspiring. The message has to be presented in a way never seen.

G-Wohl
01-04-2008, 03:13 AM
This is not a traditional campaign...stop running ads that grannys love. You will never convert them. His ad campaign has to be edgy and over the top to attrack the 18-35 crowd. His commercials are so run of the mill and uninspiring. The message has to be presented in a way never seen.

His message IS being presented in a way never seen - through the internet.

I think we have a huge demographic of the "young person" vote already. The fact is that young people are not historically the most reliable group to rely on when it comes to presidential elections. As much as the youth demographic helps (and as much as we should focus on stealing more of that demographic from Obama) we still need to get some of the ol' reliable folks on our side. We will not win the election with just the youth vote - we need to become more mainstream and get recognized by the people with money. Just as Ron Paul has no plans to run 3rd party due to the harsh realities of elections, this same philosophy needs to be applied to the campaign strategy as a whole. While Ron Paul's ideologies and philosophies go against the awful, tyrannous norm, his official campaign's actions should not. The grassroots supporters have garnered all of the support from the unconventional and "young person" demographics - now it's time for the campaign to get votes from the average American.