PDA

View Full Version : [Article] Iowa: The Perfect Outcome For Ron Paul

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Things could have not turned out better for Congressman Ron Paul in Iowa for the Republican presidential race. Let's face it, at this time Ron Paul cannot yet win a one on one or three way contest in the Republican race. He is by far one of the most spectacular candidates to run in the Republican field in a long time. However, he is not some willy nilly thirty second soundbite politician. People need to become educated in more depth to understand his well thought out, solid, and logical positions. For many Republicans they have not had enough exposure yet. It is a long, hard, and tiring process to educate in depth the conservative electorate about traditional conservative principles and values.

Tonight just bought Ron Paul even more time to get out his message and to still place well in all of the upcoming states. Iowa will keep Huckabee in the race. Romney wasn't going to be exiting any time soon. Fred Thompson was thought to be dead, but just had new life breathed into his campaign. McCain was also thought to be dead, but got a rebound. And of course Iowa was irrelevant to Giuliani as he will stay in the race. Only Duncan Hunter may drop, but his support base doesn't seem likely to be a factor anywhere.

What does this all mean to Ron Paul. Well, Ron Paul has shown...

Read the rest:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Iowa_The_Perfect_Outcome_For_Ron_Paul

JMO
01-04-2008, 01:17 AM
3 democrats dropped out tonight. I imagine Duncan Hunter will be dropping out soon.

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Duncan Hunter is done...he is irrelevant though.

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
good find

reaver
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
You can call him Dunner.

Dax552
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Wow. Thank you for that article. I wasn't looking at it like that...

We need to digg that article.

doctorQ
01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Key messages that we have to get out from Iowa:

#1 We're credible. This may seem like a DUH! point to the people who have been following the campaign and donating. But to people like my wife, who wonder if this is some internet mirage, the fact that we got 10% of the vote in an evangelical farm subsidy state and tripled Rudy's total means something.

#2 We're going to do better in New Hampshire. Giuliani is declining, Huckabee doesn't have enough of a natural constituency, Romney is wounded and is going to try to anihilate McCain, driving down turnout for both. NH is our Iowa. We may not enough to win (yet), but our strength in independents will help us, as will our strength with the young (who will find it much easier to vote than caucus)

#3 We're in it for the long haul. We've got $20 million reasons why we'll be around on Super Tuesday. Not to mention the amazing grass roots. The key thing is to do face to face campaigning. That means approaching the people you know who might be sympathetic and even tougher, talking to strangers.

This is it people. Put up or shut up time.

LinearChaos
01-04-2008, 01:38 AM
wrong thread, hehe

dave68
01-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I was hoping for third, but we actually did quite well. All the polls said 6-7% at least 10%. Huckabee is weak in New Hampshire. Romney, and Mccain will pound each other. Thompson doesn`t seem passionate about running at all.Giuliani did terrible. Must stress the differences, anti war, IRS, UN,monetary policy, patriot act, etc.
Everyone I talk to supports or would consider supporting Mr. Paul. Across the political spectrum. NY only allows someone to vote in the primaries if they are in that respective party as of October 2007. Still the only political signs I see near Buffalo, Ny are Ron Paul!!

Another good showing will bring in a LOT OF $$$ for Super Tuesday!!

LinearChaos
01-04-2008, 01:48 AM
And guess who got delegates and who didn't?

NYgs23
01-04-2008, 01:58 AM
3 democrats dropped out tonight. I imagine Duncan Hunter will be dropping out soon.

Who was the third? I only heard Biden and Dodd. If Hunter hasn't dropped by now, I think he might stick it out till he collapses in the dirt.

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Key messages that we have to get out from Iowa:

#1 We're credible. This may seem like a DUH! point to the people who have been following the campaign and donating. But to people like my wife, who wonder if this is some internet mirage, the fact that we got 10% of the vote in an evangelical farm subsidy state and tripled Rudy's total means something.

#2 We're going to do better in New Hampshire. Giuliani is declining, Huckabee doesn't have enough of a natural constituency, Romney is wounded and is going to try to anihilate McCain, driving down turnout for both. NH is our Iowa. We may not enough to win (yet), but our strength in independents will help us, as will our strength with the young (who will find it much easier to vote than caucus)

#3 We're in it for the long haul. We've got $20 million reasons why we'll be around on Super Tuesday. Not to mention the amazing grass roots. The key thing is to do face to face campaigning. That means approaching the people you know who might be sympathetic and even tougher, talking to strangers.

This is it people. Put up or shut up time.

Exactly! Good Reply!

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow. Thank you for that article. I wasn't looking at it like that...

We need to digg that article.

Hopefully this puts things in good perspective. Kind of strange that the Republicans still don't have all of their results in as of this evening?

Harry96
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Who was the third? I only heard Biden and Dodd. If Hunter hasn't dropped by now, I think he might stick it out till he collapses in the dirt.

Gravel also quit.

Kacela
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes. We are still a force to be reckoned with! The Sleeping Giant has only just awoken.

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Yes. We are still a force to be reckoned with! The Sleeping Giant has only just awoken.

We are like a Sleeping Giant. We the electorate is slowly awakening. Each one of us is like single neurons that are coming awake and firing up. Our job is to push forward and educate our fellow citizens. Ron Paul is great, but the hard part is that he is an in depth candidate.

Molly1
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
And guess who got delegates and who didn't?

who?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
who?

Ha. I was going to say the same thing. ehhh... I thought Huck, Mitt, and Paul were the only ones with delegates. Now it looks like Fred and McAmnesty picked up some too.

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Ha. I was going to say the same thing. ehhh... I thought Huck, Mitt, and Paul were the only ones with delegates. Now it looks like Fred and McAmnesty picked up some too.

I didn't know that Fred and McCain picked up delegates. Where did you see that?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Right here...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/

That conflicts with what I was thinking earlier, though, so I'm not sure what's correct.

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Right here...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/

That conflicts with what I was thinking earlier, though, so I'm not sure what's correct.

Thanks alot :P

fireinme
01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
this article needs to be spread far and wide

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
this article needs to be spread far and wide

Thanks...a pick me up type of article is always good.

defcreative
01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
This article is excellent, bump!

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 03:29 PM
This article is excellent, bump!

Just trying to help keep the troops rallied! :D

clintontj72
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Gravel also quit.

Hmmm...hadn't heard that yet. Gravel was a decent man...it is ashame.

danberkeley
01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Duncan Hunter is done...he is irrelevant though.

Tancredo dropped out a long time ago and people still voted for him...

danberkeley
01-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hmmm...hadn't heard that yet. Gravel was a decent man...it is ashame.

Gravel didnt quit!! i just checked out his website and it stated that they werent done yet and they asked the MSM to retract their statement...