PDA

View Full Version : Iowa results wrong in international press (Ron Paul not even mentioned)

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's a fragment of the Iowa news from the biggest 2 polish news portals:
"Niedawny faworyt GOP, były burmistrz Nowego Jorku, Rudy Giuliani, otrzymał zaledwie 9 procent głosów i zajął 5 miejsce."

It simply says, that 'the former gov. of New York, GOP front-runner Giuliani received only 9% and took the 5th position". NO MENTION OF RON PAUL IN THE WHOLE ARTICLE. All the portals get this information from one source (Polish Press Agency) and it seems, this agency get the wrong info from somewhere... Fortunately, Ron Paul appears in the user comments section...

UPDATE: OK, they fixed it. Who knows, maybe that was my email? :D

SlizForPaul
01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
wth Poland!!

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
99% bet, that the info comes from some international news agency. It's probably the same news in numerous other countries...I hope those idiots will fix that.

Spirit of '76
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Do you have the opportunity to send a letter to the editor?

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 02:35 AM
It wasn't even their article. They just buy them (not-polish ones) from an agency. And there are no emails you can write to, just some simple web form - I send them a message to them know about the mistake and gave a link to msnbc as an example of the Iowa numbers. I don't think it will make any change, but we'll see. I bet they have NO clue somebody named Ron Paul even exists... That's why I hoped he gets in 3rd :)