PDA

View Full Version : One major reason for not doing so well... Obama

jpa
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
The under 30 crowd & Independants came out BIG for Obama tonight.

2/3rds of the state voted in the dem caucus. Under 30 voted 57 - 11 for Obama over Clinton. That is insane.

Ron Paul is strong in under 30 & indy (% wise vs. the other republicans) but unfortunately that group turned out for Obama instead tonight. ( Maybe they think he is a more legit candidate? more at stake? better chance of winning?)

Let us hope Obama wins 3-4 states right out of the gate, so they democrat side is wrapped up by mid Jan. Then we will see the young & indy vote turn out for us on Feb 5th.

AdamT
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
I knew this would happen. Bush & the fascist neo-cons have severely damaged the Republican name and party. Republicans now are known as liars, traitors, and scum. Too many get caught up in this and totally miss RP and his message.

Duckman
01-04-2008, 12:51 AM
I, too, would like to see Obama win on the Democratic side, although I think Ron Paul will have a tougher time beating him.

danberkeley
01-04-2008, 12:56 AM
A huge problem is that many people think that Ron Paul and Obama have similar policies because they are supposedly both anti-war. And they think of Ron Paul as a nut and Obama as a left-wing savior. This is further from the truth. Obama is willing to withdraw troops from Iraq but is willing to invade arab countries at the behest of others. His reasoning for this is the same reason of Bush (i.e. terrorism, WMDs). On the other hand, Ron Paul wants to withdraw unconditionally from Iraq, Afghanistan and every other country in the world. If you want to convert Obama supporters via the war issue, point out Obama's foreign policy.

dvictr
01-04-2008, 12:59 AM
obama has only committed to a timetable of withdrawal from Iraq... no position on troops stationed in europe, korea, japan... 700 military bases...

obama wants to increase government spending... ummmm how do you do that? we does the money come from>?

danberkeley
01-04-2008, 12:59 AM
I knew this would happen. Bush & the fascist neo-cons have severely damaged the Republican name and party. Republicans now are known as liars, traitors, and scum. Too many get caught up in this and totally miss RP and his message.

One way to counter that is by pointing out that 3 democratic representatives are cosponsoring the draft bill and that Obama voted to extend the PATRIOT act.

danberkeley
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
obama has only committed to a timetable of withdrawal from Iraq... no position on troops stationed in europe, korea, japan... 700 military bases...

obama wants to increasing government spending... ummmm how do you do that? we does the money come from>?

exactly! whats his time table for Afghanistan? what about his willingness to invade Iran for the exact same reasons that Bush wants to?

bolidew
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Obama is going to be a big problem for us in NH.

Come on, bury everything about Obama on DIGG!

danberkeley
01-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Obama is going to be a big problem for us in NH.

Come on, bury everything about Obama on DIGG!

for what? how about we actively seek out Obama supporters and categorically refute Obama's policies???

Flirple
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
As glad as I am to see Obama beat Hillary in Iowa it will make things a lot harder for us in NH. Obama winning will energize NH independents to come out and vote for Obama on the Democrats side instead of voting for Paul or McCain on the Republican side. If Obama would have gotten 2nd or 3rd in Iowa then more NH independents might have been convinced that Hillary was inevitable and therefor vote in the Republican primaries.

But no need to dwell on this. We still have plenty of reason for optimism in NH!

wildflower
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I also had mixed feelings about him winning. I was ecstatic to see Hillary lose :D but Obama is tougher to beat, for us. And he does have a lot of buzz about him.

But as others said, we need to point out to people that although he claims to be anti-war, his actions have said otherwise, so he is just another hot-air candidate.

And he's CFR, if I'm not mistaken. And I heard he was distantly related to Cheney?

ronpaul4pres
01-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Let's be prepared for NH: Obama will take this strong win and hurt us in NH, too, by taking a lot of that Independent vote.

Ron LOL
01-04-2008, 02:28 AM

That sounds about right to me. I get a lot of "airport bathroom" type jokes from younger people when I do sign waving events.

seapilot
01-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Hillary will now take the gloves off , she was thinking she was a shoo in for Iowa and NH. She has a lot of money to spend too. This time she has to prove she is electable. As much as I cant stomach her it will benefit us if she beats Obama in NH.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Obama took a lot of younger supporters. Obama will get attacked in coming days and weeks and some of his shine will wear off but Ron Paul has to be ready to capture more young voters support who are a natural ally and happen to be for Change, anti War and are turned off by pandering ads.

Energy
01-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Let's put together a flyer/ad comparing Obama and Paul.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Let's put together a flyer/ad comparing Obama and Paul.

RP has the best chance to beat Obama, if we can effectively establish/market Ron Paul brand and disseminate message of hope and change. Obama and Ron Paul both stand for change, both opposed Iraq war and are tough conteders, RP has edge on foreign policy/fiscal policy issues. One with smarter campaign will win in the end. Both have not been sufficiently scrutinized by the press yet, press has been soft on Obama so far but that will change.

idiom
01-04-2008, 03:24 AM
It really is time to pick a fight with Obama.