PDA

View Full Version : "Blowing Smoke" -- My latest AmChron.com article (not strictly RP-related, but close)

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=32307

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Blowing_Smoke_The_Commonwealth_of_Pennsylvania_vs_ Freedom

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 05:27 PM
:(

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
dugg it.

LibertyBelle
07-16-2007, 05:38 PM
:(

I think people were munching on dinner, atleast I was. :D

That blue column on the left of the page is covering up a bunch of the article so you can't read it. What's up with that?

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 05:55 PM
dugg it.

Thanks. :)

I think people were munching on dinner, atleast I was. :D

That blue column on the left of the page is covering up a bunch of the article so you can't read it. What's up with that?

Shouldn't be. :confused:

Sounds like a browser problem. What browser are you using?

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 09:50 PM
*Bump*

Any smokers in the house? :)

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Please Spirit Of 76....

Make your next article be about Ron Paul's donations from the military that nearly equal all other GOP candidates combined.

It was suggested on another thread.

But a title like "Ron Paul supports the troops and the troops show their support for Ron Paul" would really catch some good attention.

Please consider this, I think it would be a GREAT article!

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Please Spirit Of 76....

Make your next article be about Ron Paul's donations from the military that nearly equal all other GOP candidates combined.

It was suggested on another thread.

But a title like "Ron Paul supports the troops and the troops show their support for Ron Paul" would really catch some good attention.

Please consider this, I think it would be a GREAT article!

I've already been playing with that idea.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

JoshLowry
07-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Good article. A property owner should be able to do whatever the hell he wants with it.

The military article would be great, not many people have covered it and it makes for a great story.

Dugg.

Spirit of '76
07-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Thanks, Josh.

I'm definitely working the military donor angle, but I want to make sure I have all my facts down before I go running my mouth. :D

Revolution9
07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
*Bump*

Any smokers in the house? :)

Just read it..Good article. What is with banning tobacco smoking?? A proper gift by any indigenous tribesman in an area where tobacco grows to an Elder when visiting is a pouch of tobacco. It stops senility and shakes disease(Parkinsons). Many of the people interviewed over the years who claimed title to oldest member of their sex on earth at that point spoke of smoking a cigarette or two daily. It is the only herb that causes the formation of red blood cells in the spleen, hence you don't see anemic smokers. Furthermore it kills tuberculosis bacteria dn pneumococcis on contact, as was known by oldtime jailer whop let the population smoke to avaoid consumption running through the populace and ~himself~. An old army doctor will recommend a cigarette to dry out a wet cough from trenchlung or being wet for a long period. Note the XD strain of TB running rampant in areas where smoking is banned. Shamans also believe it makes you "taste bad" to spirits who attach to feed on energies.

The caveat is that the tobacco should be picked and cured only, with no additives. I smoke American Spirit which is pretty good tasting and has a nice kick to it. I am with Dennis Leary on this. I am gonna open a restaurant with two sections. Smoking and UltraSmoking.:D

Best Regards
Randy

Spirit of '76
07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Exactly. I smoke pipes and cigars, and there are few things more relaxing and contemplative. I assure you the benefits I receive outweigh any health risks.