PDA

View Full Version : Also a new Ron Paul convert....

TNFreedom
01-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Hello All,

I just found this forum and noticed a similar post from another new Paul supporter, and I agree with his every word. Being very new to this movement I must say that I am SHOCKED, THRILLED, and AMAZED that Ron Paul got 10% of the vote tonight. Let me repeat SHOCKED and THRILLED! I follow Republican politics as do all of my friends and I don't know ANYBODY.....ANYBODY!, that thought Ron Paul would even register on the meter tonight. Honestly, most people that I know did not expect him to get even 1%. As an outsider I must say that some of you negative folks might have been living in a bubble because I can tell you that many people out there outside of this Ron Paul world still have absolutely no idea who Dr. Paul is or how awesome his message is. 10% of the vote has alot of you ticked off and disappointed but it has me fired up and hopeful because my new candidate has proven he can hang in there with the big boys and has a fighting chance. So in closing, quit whining, get positive and get the word out guys, Ron Paul has a great message that alot of people out there like me might really like if they hear it.

yongrel
01-04-2008, 12:31 AM
you are making a very good fight for the title of "best post in the history of this board."

Keep it up.

paulette
Welcome to the Revolution!

hillertexas
Welcome to the forum! :)

Mark Rushmore
So in closing, quit whining, get positive and get the word out guys, Ron Paul has a great message that alot of people out there like me might really like if they hear it.

Welcome.

xexkxex
welcome ;)

LinearChaos
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
welcome to the rEVOLution :D

Have you joined your local meetup group yet? ;)

RonPaulCult
What's the opposite of the word troll?

We're not used to all of these good posts! :)

RSLudlum
Welcome aboard the Freedom Train ;)

angrydragon
YES, we will move on!

Xonox
01-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Hah, the trolls say we're done, but these posts seem to say that we're only just getting started.

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Yes! This is great! We just need to focus on spreading our message to the rest of the GOP

MJfromCT
Another example on how tonight was a triumph!

AdamT
QFT. Welcome friend.

colecrowe
bump awesome

SophisticatedFarmGirl
Hey, there! I luvvvv the attitude!

Welcome to the forum!

Abobo
01-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Welcome!

With 10% of the vote plus this new virgin blood we will be unstoppable! MWHA HA HA HA HA HA!

Dr.3D
[Holds out hand.] Welcome to the revolution.

JMO
Another awesome post.

SJohnsson
Hello All,

I just found this forum and noticed a similar post from another new Paul supporter, and I agree with his every word. Being very new to this movement I must say that I am SHOCKED, THRILLED, and AMAZED that Ron Paul got 10% of the vote tonight. Let me repeat SHOCKED and THRILLED! I follow Republican politics as do all of my friends and I don't know ANYBODY.....ANYBODY!, that thought Ron Paul would even register on the meter tonight. Honestly, most people that I know did not expect him to get even 1%. As an outsider I must say that some of you negative folks might have been living in a bubble because I can tell you that many people out there outside of this Ron Paul world still have absolutely no idea who Dr. Paul is or how awesome his message is. 10% of the vote has alot of you ticked off and disappointed but it has me fired up and hopeful because my new candidate has proven he can hang in there with the big boys and has a fighting chance. So in closing, quit whining, get positive and get the word out guys, Ron Paul has a great message that alot of people out there like me might really like if they hear it.

we need more people like you

dvictr
drop a bomb !

TNFreedom
01-04-2008, 12:36 AM

I have not signed up for a local meetup group yet, how would I got about doing that?

Trigonx
zomg another one. KEEP EM COMING :) now i am very happy about Iowa.

NYgs23
Yeah, the expectations on this board were built on this board and in other Paulite hives where people were saying "Ron Paul gonna at least 80%, mark my words! Wooh!"

worldtruthfreedom
You see guys it's all about perspective. We were f&^kin nowhere a few months ago. I say we, I mean you, I didn't come on board 'til a month or two ago.:o

Now, we have people like this coming on and we complain about 10%?

Everyone need to take off their rose tinted glasses. We are still in the early stages but growing fast. There will be many more vctories for the occasional disappointment.

You think TNFreedom is the only one who took notice tonight.

This thing is growing exponentially and no human power can stop it.

Hello All,

wildflower
Welcome TNFreedom!

I've heard other people tonight say the same thing you're saying. (my mom said that too, and now she is also on board) Thank you for your post! :)

Trigonx
I have not signed up for a local meetup group yet, how would I got about doing that?

go to meetup.com and just search Ron Paul and its pretty simple from there

Ethek
01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
you are making a very good fight for the title of "best post in the history of this board."

Keep it up.

lol. at 1 post. Hes top in the standings!

Just a little humoring.. great post and welcome aboard. Are you ready to canvass?

gb13
01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
I just took off my noose because of this post :D

Seriously. Great post.

pickfair
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Welcome! I can now see what this result has been doing to some of the outsiders out there and I'm liking it!

PatriotOne
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I want this to be the last post I read tonight :D! Thasnks for the reality check. On that note, I am signing off and going to bed :)

dspectre
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Welcome. Good post for a new guy!

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Hello All,

Welcome to the liberty addiction.

Take the quiz in my sig and email the link to your friends.

Pharoah
01-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Great post. And let's not forget that our airforce only launched today. We have just begun to fight.

TNFreedom
01-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome everybody, I'm VERY glad to be here!

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Fantastic... by the way if you didn't get it, the meetup group link is

http://ronpaul.meetup.com

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
bump

me3
01-04-2008, 12:49 AM

Best response. We need to start herding all new supporters to MeetUp and to join the campaign at ronpaul2008.com officially.

Don't take this important duty lightly. People have to be plugged in as quickly as possible.

nc4rp
01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
welcome!

G-Wohl
01-04-2008, 12:52 AM
That was a very inspirational post. Thank you for your support and time!

faisal
01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
I was so pessimistic, but you made me happy for a while. Welcome good friend. You're probably the first new member I've seen who's been welcomed so much. You're a bright one :). Keep it up!

0zzy
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
you make me happy!:D

Spirit of '76
01-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Hello All,

I just found this forum and noticed a similar post from another new Paul supporter, and I agree with his every word. Being very new to this movement I must say that I am SHOCKED, THRILLED, and AMAZED that Ron Paul got 10% of the vote tonight. Let me repeat SHOCKED and THRILLED!

Excellent! Welcome aboard. :)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com You can search by zip code and find the group(s) nearest to you.

Welcome to the Revolution!

Energy
01-04-2008, 01:04 AM
I can tell you that many people out there outside of this Ron Paul world still have absolutely no idea who Dr. Paul is or how awesome his message is.

It's a shame isn't it? The fact that many people are completely oblivious to Ron Paul demonstrates the power of old media.

Ron Paul has gone from being completely ignored to being downplayed, attacked and smeared. If the media had given fair coverage (most of the time he wasn't even mentioned in election articles and line-ups), we'd have a ton more of you coming on board or at least know that Ron Paul exists.

After tonight's outstanding showing, the Ron Paul train continues to fiercely gain momentum.

madRazor
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Welcome aboard the Freedom Train ;)

Exactly! Tonight is like how those old locomotives would need to start chugging real slow and then they'd get going and there's no stopping them! All aboard for freedom!!

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/port_lofi.cfm/sound_iid.56511

seapilot
01-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Yeah, the expectations on this board were built on this board and in other Paulite hives where people were saying "Ron Paul gonna at least 80%, mark my words! Wooh!"

The same people that get depressed when we only get 6 million in one day, dont make 20 million for the quarter, and spaz out at every word when the dumb journalists cant project a perfect sentence about Ron Paul.

Then time is spent doing reverse therapy to bring them back again so some can do it all over again by the next big event.

kutibah
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Thank you for the post and welcome!

mdevour
01-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Welcome, kind sir! Thanks for bucking up the troops a little! :)

Now, want another small bit of good news? Go to http://paulcash.slact.net/ right now and you'll see that since the word started to get out about Dr. Paul's finish, donations have experienced a modest bump... Not huge, but enough to put it on the line for the "average" day, which is always higher than a normal day because it's skewed by the moneybomb days.

It's too soon to say how long it'll last, but it makes for another indicator to watch.

Hey, by the time super tuesday's over, we'll all be old hands at this... :rolleyes:

For Liberty!

Mike D.

rwl4
01-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Welcome TNFreedom! Thank you for the encouraging words!

md3inaustin
01-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Hear! Hear! ...and this coming from someone from the city with the largest Ron Paul meetup group members, Austin, TX. I couldn't agree more.

1st. This is a forum to get Ron Paul elected, not get cross about the MSM, the corrupt GOP, the democrats, etc. Think about it this way: every moment you waste working yourself up over how SCREWED up things are, the more resources YOU waste towards the Ron Paul Revolution.
Not to mention, don't you think that there could be candidates that are put in the race to confuse the masses or at least breakup an obvious trend in the election?

2nd. Use your frustration to your advantage. Pay attention to where/how the campaign was truthfully weak in Iowa, and turn your frustration into creativity and use that to think of NEW ways to spread Ron Pauls message in a concise, brutally honest and truthful manner(and professional, I think his articles posted on his campaign website are great for this. Maybe even just as a reference to create a shorter version of the same message, with info to the source). The medium you communicate it through is your creative input. Just Remember: Never add personal info to the message, keep integrity and stick to the point.
Othewise you are falsly representing the campaign and revolution.

Meetup.com has just reached 90,000 Ron Paul members, which is HUGE, phenomonial! We all know his success on the internet, we've all seen it. BUT, there are: (according to Google) 301,139,947 people in the United States. ......90,000 is not even close.

For all of you conspiracy lovers, ...create a new conspiracy: ...in washington.

90,000 people should be able to, within the next 9 months, make some type of convincing contact with at least 60% of America, that is ultimate proof to them, like we found, of him being our absolute hope for America this election, and if elected, ...hope to the rest of the world, that freedom is not givin, it's taken.

....if the message of Ron Paul, was a secret that a world war 3 was beyond the shadow of a doubt coming, ....people would be hitting the streets warning each other of the eminent danger. With an opportunity like this in front of us all, how is this any different?

Liberty & Peace,
~ md3inaustin

Grandson of Liberty
01-04-2008, 01:59 AM
it has me fired up and hopeful

ditto.

kill the banks
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Hello All,

welcome aboard ! yes some are lost in the trees ~ thx for a view of the forest

kill the banks

raiha
01-04-2008, 03:31 AM
Hi, went to the beach after the tension of the whole thing.Came back to this exciting thread! Welcome welcome welcome!

What's the opposite of the word troll?

er billy-goat?