PDA

View Full Version : Time to EXPLODE onto the streets! nothing works better, PROMISE!

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
"Trust me. People don't know about him. When they do, they like him. "

That is it. People don't know "Ron Paul". I cold call for RP, and most I talk to have never heard of Ron Paul. Do something about it! Damn it!

EXACTLY - I have gone out canvassing, and at least 60% of the people I run into have never heard of him. BOOTS ON THE STREET PEOPLE!

There is only so much we can do on the Internet AND WE HAVE DONE IT!

Take these results from Iowa and use them to GET ENERGIZED.

It's time to EXPLODE onto the STREETS and tell EVERYONE who Ron Paul is!

My experience at canvassing has been...spectacularly successful. 60+% of the people had no idea who Ron Paul was. Fully HALF of those people if not more came away excited to learn more about him, and probably a THIRD of those who already knew about him had their perceptions changed for the positive.

The internet is good, stickers and signs are good, but NONE of that has even one QUARTER the effect as getting on the street and TALKING to people! I Promise you this is true, I have seen it myself!

newmedia4ron
01-04-2008, 12:34 AM
NH PLAN

Put some relationships on the line. Stress to close apathetic friends/family how much this means to you (Its not like you're lying you're here right). All your asking is for one day of their time.

How many times have they dragged you to bad films and such. They owe you.

(If they agree to do it for you make sure they are registered and make sure you drag them the to the polling place when the time comes)

If every NH Ron Paul supporter brought 3 people into the primary who were never going to vote for anyone in the first place, we QUADRUPLE OUR EXPECTED TURNOUT!

Lets get this viral. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3.....

Note:I'm not saying to to try and convert your 100% neocon father or your 100% liberal activist sister. Everyone has family members or friends that are apathetic and might do this one time only thing because you show them how important this is to you.

Bring the waterworks if you have to.
Promise them a huge party or something, we can do this!

nathanhale
01-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Lets take to the streets!

FreedomPlz
01-04-2008, 12:48 AM
definately true, we did various things to get people to notice Ron Paul's name, now its time to educate them on what Ron Paul is all about.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Well guys, I'm flat broke. I gave my last dime to the TeaParty Moneybomb, and have not had any income since. I live in North Carolina, and our Raleigh meetup is headed to South Carolina to canvass. I don't know how I'm going to eat, or even IF I'm going to eat. But I have just decided that I am going to go. To heck with it, I am going to go. I'm going to meet the bus in the morning with bags in hand, and hope for enough ramen noodles to get me by. Pray for me folks.

jblosser
01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Make sure you get their contact info and call them during early voting. If they don't vote it didn't happen.

Dax552
01-04-2008, 12:51 AM
I agree. I am more motivated now than ever. We need to get our asses out there knockin' on doors and talkin' to people. This means all of us.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Yep. GOT TO! I know I'm good at canvassing, the New Years rally went amazingly well, and I can turn people by talking with them. I am inordinately passionate about Ron Paul and about liberty. SC is a very important state, and I can make a difference. Have to go. No doubt about it.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Good ideas. We need to put some more focus on organization and coordination also.

drfarrington
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
DO NOT EXPECT ANYONE TO CANVASS FOR YOU.
If you aren't hitting the streets, you aren't doing your part. If you don't do it, no one will.

This is your responsibility. Everyone one of you.

jblosser
01-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah. I have some in my groups drag their feet, they only want to carry I sign. I tell them if that's all they can do I'll take it but they need to understand: if they will only carry a sign, what they are doing for Ron Paul is trying to recruit someone else to do their job for them.

ST0PandL00K
01-04-2008, 12:56 AM
great thread. everyone get on it!

Xonox
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
If you aren't hitting the streets, you aren't doing your part. If you don't do it, no one will.

+1

DONT EXPECT OTHERS TO DO WHAT YOU WILL NOT DO YOURSELF. BE LIKE DR. PAUL AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 01:02 AM
No kidding -- and when you canvass, people WIL ask you, "Huh? Who is this Ron Paul guy? Never heard of him. Why should I vote for him?" I promise you, they WILL ask you that! And when they do, don't just hand him a slimjim say, "look him up" and walk away. NO! Be prepared to discuss Ron Paul. KNOW his positions, where he stands, know about his voting record, and let your excitement and passion for Ron Paul and for freedom be infectious.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Just putting a sticker on your car and driving around is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Sorry guys, it's just NOT. You have to talk to people, shake their hands, tell them WHY you are so passionate about Ron Paul.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
bump

slowmotionjones
01-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Sent you a pm, gunny.

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Thanks, slowmotionjones, reply sent. You are right, passion is infectious, and a message well delivered is multiplied by the passion we feel when we talk about Ron Paul and what he stands for. More people have been turned onto Ron Paul by my talking with them than by all my efforts on the Internet, by a factor of 10, and that's funny given that until now I have spent 10 times more time on the internet than on the streets.

I'm carrying my laptop with me to SC, and will report on how things are going whenever I get close enough to hijack a wireless.

wowabunga
01-04-2008, 02:23 AM

I approve of this message...!

Ramblin Randy

Railroad_Ross
01-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Gunny and the others here are dead on... taking the message out to prople and talking to them is exactly what this campaign needs. This is the best way we can help Paul win. While moneybombs are nice they are not votes. Donate only if you can afford it, Dr Paul has the funding to carry him into Februray and super Tuesday. Now we must get out there and spread the message live and in person, not on message boards. And once the message is out there make sure that those that agree with Paul's ideas to go to their primarys...

Energy
01-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Talk about Ron Paul EVERYWHERE: Starbucks, Malls, etc

Since the voter registration deadline is coming up for many states, here's a quick tip on getting a few more voters. I've talked and converted some people who aren't registered yet, so I've done this:

Printed a ton of voter registration forms to have on hand.

Since it's crunch time, I have them fill the form and then I collect it to drop them off myself at the local county election commission office. Look it up in your state.

In some states, remember they can be 17 to vote at the primary as long as they're 18 on Nov 4, 2008. Double-check with your state.

Keep contact info to remind them of primary/caucus.

Was at Starbucks today and got a couple baristas on board as first-time voters this way. Was at the Body Shop where they sell hemp products and I used that to talk about Ron Paul.

Cinci4RP
01-04-2008, 02:37 AM

+1

Smidley
01-04-2008, 02:44 AM
My problem has been that I just could not bring myself to tell people how to vote. I guess I'm too much of a libertarian.

That ends NOW!

Thank you Gunny!

The Machine
01-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Ron's footsoldiers need to be human infomercials. At least we're selling something of value...freedom and liberty!

raiha
01-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Better listen to that Gunny fellow. He got bayonet.

zbus12
01-04-2008, 03:19 AM
We need to spread the message to THE SMALL TOWNS!!! THIS IS A MUST!!!! Forget the big towns for now! The small town counties are KEY TO SUCCESS!!! YOU MUST CANVASS SMALL TOWNS! If you look at the counties that comprised the voters in iowa, THEY COULD HAVE BEEN WON by RON PAUL! and there is a LOT of them. And this is were Ron can take'em STATE WIDE!

It's nice to canvass large towns, but it is MOST important to canvass ALL the small towns in ALL counties. WORD SPREADS FAST IN A SMALL TOWN. convert a few people in a small community, get them some signs in their yard and the word will be out before you can get to the other side of town!!!

When you are confident in the canvassing of the little towns and you know that they have been hit up good. Then it's time to covert OP SIGN BOMB your larger towns to let thousands see the signs and then go knock on doors in that larger town!!!

But NOT UNTIL YOU HIT the small towns and counties.

THIS WAS IOWA'S BREAD AND BUTTER! NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET IT DONE!!!

GO RON!! He never gave up on his country and, we shall NOT!

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 03:28 AM
My problem has been that I just could not bring myself to tell people how to vote. I guess I'm too much of a libertarian.

That ends NOW!

Thank you Gunny!

Well, the reality is that we are not demanding that people vote such a way, we are asking for their vote. If you are familiar with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, you may realize that there is a distinct value proposition involved. Rearden Steel did not become a success by demanding that people buy from him, nor by telling people to buy from whomever. He became a success by providing the best product and asking people to buy it.

We HAVE the best product in Ron Paul, and we have every right to ask people to vote for him, because he is the best product. Indeed, it is the libertarian thing to do. We aren't going to be holding a gun to someone head and making them vote, instead we have the best product on the free market, and asking people to vote for him benefits BOTH parties.

You can approach it either from the business end with cost/benefit analysis or from the libertarian end with selling market freedom. It's like having the best widget in a dozen countries, and watching your competitors sell more of theirs than yours because they are willing to ask. What is better for your potential customers? If yourse is beter than theirs, and costs the same, then clearly it is better for your customers to buy yours and not theirs. Show them why. 8-)

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Ron's footsoldiers need to be human infomercials. At least we're selling something of value...freedom and liberty!

And this is a point that I really want to stress. A lot of folks want to do their work on a computer. I can understand that motivation, but it will only help so much. A lot of folks look at canvassing like wearing stickers and buttons, waving signs and passing out slimjims. Sure that helps, but it doesn't infect others with our passion.

When we get down and talk to people, really talk with people, as we start talking about the Patriot Act and how Ron Paul will save us...as we start talking about the Federal reserve and the Inflation Tax, and how Ron Paul will put an end to it...as we start talking about the trillion dollars a year we spend on overseas military and how Ron Paul will bring that money back home...

Our eyes light up.

The way we carry ourselves changes, our posture becomes energized, we become excited.

People SEE that excitement, and it's more powerful than any words we can say or any flyers we can distribute.

They will have 1000 questions to ask, and we have to try to know the answers - but if you don't know the answers, don't make them up. Get their contact information and tell them you will find out for them...AND THEN FOLLOW UP.

You have to understand something - something like 75% of Americans still do not know who they want to elect, they are looking, DESPERATE for the answer of who to support. We are that answer. We are the guys with the life preservers on the stormy sea of American politics at it's worst.

This is not like selling cars where nobody wants to trust you. The response I have been getting on the street is nothing short of AMAZING.

Try it and you will see. Go out and meet people, strangers, shake their hands and talk about Ron Paul. Be nice, be kind, try to find out what THEY are worried about, and then tell them how Ron Paul will address THEIR worries. The first couple times you will be nervous as heck. But it will become easier, and the more you see the AMAZING response you get from people, it will become addictive! You will become almost desperate for "another fix" to go out and meet some more people.

And nothing is as pure as meeting that guy who says, "Who is this Ron Paul guy? I have never heard of him. Tell me more about him." That is a pure and outright RUSH.

Try it for yourself and come back here and tell me if I am telling you the truth, to call me a liar to my face. Sure, 35-40% of Americans aren't going to be moved, and amongst them are some 10% who will go so far as to get ANGRY that you bothered them.

But there are 60-65% of Americans who are honestly and literally DESPERATE for you to reach them with the message,,,the life-preserver that is Ron Paul. Americans today are desperate like never before for real hope, and we, and we alone have that hope. AND WE KNOW IT!

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Better listen to that Gunny fellow. He got bayonet.

Haha - I only fix bayonets when I run out of slimjims. ;)

:D

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 03:52 AM
We need to spread the message to THE SMALL TOWNS!!! THIS IS A MUST!!!! Forget the big towns for now! The small town counties are KEY TO SUCCESS!!! YOU MUST CANVASS SMALL TOWNS! If you look at the counties that comprised the voters in iowa, THEY COULD HAVE BEEN WON by RON PAUL! and there is a LOT of them. And this is were Ron can take'em STATE WIDE!

It's nice to canvass large towns, but it is MOST important to canvass ALL the small towns in ALL counties. WORD SPREADS FAST IN A SMALL TOWN. convert a few people in a small community, get them some signs in their yard and the word will be out before you can get to the other side of town!!!

When you are confident in the canvassing of the little towns and you know that they have been hit up good. Then it's time to covert OP SIGN BOMB your larger towns to let thousands see the signs and then go knock on doors in that larger town!!!

But NOT UNTIL YOU HIT the small towns and counties.

THIS WAS IOWA'S BREAD AND BUTTER! NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET IT DONE!!!

GO RON!! He never gave up on his country and, we shall NOT!

There is a lot of truth in this, and don't forget that a lot of small town residents commute to, and work in the big cities.

I am in a small town, and am now a precinct captain for my precinct. Of course, the North Carolina primary is a long long way off. But I will be going to SC and getting stupid amounts of practice there in the leadup to the North Carolina effort.

Now that said, I imagine that different states will have different distribution regarding small town vs urban vs suburban vs rural support.

The key, regardless of where you are and so on, is to get real face time with hundreds of strangers, and make the case for Ron Paul. Never step out of the house without a handful of slimjims, even if you have no intentions of canvassing during that trip. Turn every chance encounter into an opportunity to explain to someone why Ron Paul is our last, best hope.

When you buy groceries, strike up a conversation with the cashier about how much better we'd be without an income tax, and lead the conversation into Ron Paul before you walk out the door. Hand off a slimjim and be on your way.

When you are in a bar and overhear a conversation about 'good buds' start talking about how abhorrent the federal governments policy of dictating what we can and cannot put into our bodies is, lead the conversation to Ron Paul and hand off a slimjim before you leave.

When you are at the bank, strike up a conversation with the teller about the falling value of the dollar and how poorly we are doing against the Euro and the Yen. Lead the conversation to Ron Paul and hand off a slimjim before you leave.

These are things EVERYONE can do in their everyday lives!

Yes, it's nice to be able to pick out a geographical area and canvass door to door, but it's even better to touch everyone you encounter in your ordinary life with Ron Paul fever. Every aspect of our lives could do with a little Ron Paul, and we are here to make it KNOWN!!! :D :D :D

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 05:27 AM
blip

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 06:44 AM
blup

govtpigII
01-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Could not agree more, strap on them boots and get started!

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2008, 03:59 AM
bump