PDA

View Full Version : Update from an Iowa supporter

nevesis
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
As depressing as tonight was...

My father, who has been a lifelong sign the dotted line republican, gave a speech on Paul's behalf. He's sort-of-supported RP off and on, but also said at times he would be caucusing for Romney and then Huckabee. So, to see him give in to logic really makes me think the message is strong enough to convert anyone.

My girlfriend and I were elected as delegates, and two other RP supporters were voted as alternates.

Back to the depressing..

Although I met some intelligent and seemingly normal people tonight -- a lot of the speakers (for other candidates) were mostly just dumb. Much worse than I expected.

Huckabee's were, BY FAR, the worst. They were completely incoherent and had absolutely no knowledge of current events, Huckabee's record, or the history of the Republican party.

Anyway, that's my story from West Des Moines, Iowa. I hope New Hampshire better luck. :(

Dorfsmith
01-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Wake up America. Sounds like it's time to fight harder and win this thing.

angrydragon
01-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Sounded like she mistook Huckabee for Ron Paul.

BeFranklin
01-04-2008, 12:21 AM

My father, who has been a lifelong sign the dotted line republican, gave a speech on Paul's behalf. He's sort-of-supported RP off and on, but also said at times he would be caucusing for Romney and then Huckabee. So, to see him give in to logic really makes me think the message is strong enough to convert anyone.

My girlfriend and I were elected as delegates, and two other RP supporters were voted as alternates.

Back to the depressing..

Although I met some intelligent and seemingly normal people tonight -- a lot of the speakers (for other candidates) were mostly just dumb. Much worse than I expected.

Huckabee's were, BY FAR, the worst. They were completely incoherent and had absolutely no knowledge of current events, Huckabee's record, or the history of the Republican party.

Anyway, that's my story from West Des Moines, Iowa. I hope New Hampshire better luck. :(

Seems like we have a lot of delegates above straw polls judging from threads.

surf
01-04-2008, 12:22 AM
what were the results of your precinct?

slantedview
01-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Back to the depressing..

thanks for the report. on the brightside, i'd like to think that this sort of incompetence with other candidates won't fly with much of the rest of the country. we'll see.

Shavenyak
Great job becoming delegates!!!

Gimpster
Very similar situation here in DSM proper for Huckabee supporters. The main issue was abortion.

Back to the depressing..

MessyTessy
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
thanks for the report. on the brightside, i'd like to think that this sort of incompetence with other candidates won't fly with much of the rest of the country. we'll see.

We can only hope so. Look at what happened the last time the evangelicals put their stamp of approval on an absolute moron. You have to hope some of them learned their lesson about endorsing a candidate they know nothing about, aside from him having their pastor's recommendation.

I know my parents both voted this way :rolleyes:

Spirit of '76
01-04-2008, 12:29 AM

That's pretty much Huck's supporters in a nutshell.

Spirit of '76
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks, by the way, to all of you good Iowans who turned out for Ron, especially those of you who took the extra steps, like volunteering to chair the caucus, give speeches, or serve as delegates.

We couldn't have gotten as far as we did without you, and don't let some of the people here convince you that we aren't grateful for all you've done.

:)

louisiana4liberty
01-04-2008, 12:44 AM
ignorance + religion = blind sheeple

RPatTheBeach
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
please report your delegate achievement here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74295

devil21
01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
That's pretty much Huck's supporters in a nutshell.

That's pretty much HUCK in a nutshell.

saahmed
01-04-2008, 12:57 AM
The Huck supporter who spoke at my precinct just talked about how he was able to get rid of the old corrupt governor, nothing else. The Ron Paul speaker was awesome, covered everything and people applauded him and told him he did a very good job, even people who did not support Paul. We did ended up winning the precinct and I am an alternate delegate.

derdy
01-04-2008, 01:05 AM
No time to be depressed people! This is a fight for our country! Shake it off and let's get back at it 200+%!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/neffer12/charge.gif