PDA

View Full Version : CNN SAYS IT FLATLY: Ron Paul is 2nd tier.

Starks
07-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Bill Schneider says Ron Paul and McCain are on the same level.

Nash
07-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Bill Schneider says Ron Paul and McCain are on the same level.

Does this mean McCain is now as irrelevant as the rest of the second tier in the eyes of the OM or does this mean there is a third tier that is below them? How many tiers are there now?

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
2 tiers....
one tier they cram down peoples throats.
the other tier they ignore or degrade.

DisabledVet
07-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Does this mean McCain is now as irrelevant as the rest of the second tier in the eyes of the OM or does this mean there is a third tier that is below them? How many tiers are there now?

Here is a graphical representation of CNN and the OM tier system:

http://www.meridian.net.au/Art/Artists/MCEscher/Gallery/Images/escher-relativity-lithograph-medium.jpg

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 04:31 PM
On Lou Dobbs it just said McCain is only a grassroots candidate now.

I watch lou and like him, especially the spp and immigration stuff, and dislike of NAFTA and chineese imports.....

but he put on that negative story about Ron Paul's daughter getting paid by the campaign, he keeps saying everyone needs to switch to indepenent (Which I always have been until now) which will hurt Ron in the primaries, because most of those people who are switching to independent could have been converted to Ron Paul if we could reach them. And he seems to keep touting Bloomberg.

I'm starting to be a bit dissapointed in Lou. I always thought he was a completely loyal friend of the American middle class, I'm starting to have some doubts.

LibertyEagle
Ok, I'm confused. CNN reported that McCain had 3.2 million cash on hand. I thought he had MUCH less after you subtracted out the debt.

Which is it? Anyone know?

Spirit of '76

rofl

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM

I watch lou and like him, especially the spp and immigration stuff, and dislike of NAFTA and chineese imports.....

but he put on that negative story about Ron Paul's daughter getting paid by the campaign, he keeps saying everyone needs to switch to indepenent (Which I always have been until now) which will hurt Ron in the primaries, because most of those people who are switching to independent could have been converted to Ron Paul if we could reach them. And he seems to keep touting Bloomberg.

I'm starting to be a bit dissapointed in Lou. I always thought he was a completely loyal friend of the American middle class, I'm starting to have some doubts.

Yeah, me too. Perhaps we should ask him to interview Ron Paul on our trade policies. Dr. Paul is the only candidate that really understands this whole deal.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Lou Dobbs = uninformed?
Lou DObbs = talking head?
Lou Dobbs = Rich man that thinks he wouldn't benefit from a free nation?

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Ok, I'm confused. CNN reported that McCain had 3.2 million cash on hand. I thought he had MUCH less after you subtracted out the debt.

Which is it? Anyone know?

"Cash on hand' is the FEC term that is the amount BEFORE subtracting debt. I'm not saying it makes sense...

EDIT: by my calculations (correct me please, numbers blurring together for me at this point), if one takes cash on hand for the primary only minus debts, then McCain has just $117k left.

Dustancostine
07-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Part of his cash on hand is only usable during the general election, so he still has less primary funds than Paul.

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Lou Dobbs = uninformed?

Lou Dobbs = token opposition
Lou Dobbs = globalist elites throwin' us a bone

LastoftheMohicans
07-16-2007, 04:42 PM
"Cash on hand' is the FEC term that is the amount BEFORE subtracting debt. I'm not saying it makes sense...

I saw this, too. I think they manipulated the numbers to put McCain ahead of Paul. I think they artificially raised McCain's cash on hand by adding in money he raised for the general election. This is money he can't touch. I don't think the inflated number had anything to do with whether or not debts were subtracted.

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Lou Dobbs = uninformed?

I wouldn't go that far.

But I really felt when lou worked on the moneyline deal and left it, he really started coming around to the real problems in this country. He seemed to get away with more than any of the guys on TV, especially about the SPP.

But now it seems like he succumbing to pressure from above and allowing himself to be muzzled instead of standing up for political integrety.

Seems like they have silenced him for now on SPP....even though it's movin right along. I sure hope he finds his backbone again.

Wyurm
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Lou Dobbs = uninformed?

Yeah, I really hate to agree in some respects since Lou Dobbs does say things that need saying, but really hes just participating in the "playing both sides of the board" game. He plays the good guy standing alone against forces that would steal liberty from you. So, the disenchanted run to him, then he suggests Bloomberg -- a guy that will steal your freedoms from you. So the sleeping go quietly into the slaughter house, while the awake are tricked into it.

So far, we have done alot to get Ron Paul's name out there, but we must press on. I have a straw poll to prepare for and a few meetups to arrange. It might seem like slow going, but more and more people are becomming aware of just what the Ron Paul Revolution is all about.

stevedasbach
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
They didn't artificially inflate the numbers. They just copied the COH number directly off the FEC report. Further analysis would required the reporters to actually do some reporting (i.e. work).

LastoftheMohicans
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

McCain has 1.9M "Cash on Hand" for the primary and about 1.8M in debt as of June 30th. So CNN pulled a little bit of a fast one by moving Ron Paul from 3rd to
4th on their "Cash on Hand" graphic.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
My local meet-up is getting closer to being organized thanks to the help from our Baton Rouge meet-up group. They started our meet-up process... now we are just getting members to it so we can setup our truly first meet-up in alexandria.

jd603
07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
It's clear CNN upper management is pushing their guys to smear Paul/ignore him... makes total sense.

CNN = Can't Newscast Nothing

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I saw this, too. I think they manipulated the numbers to put McCain ahead of Paul. I think they artificially raised McCain's cash on hand by adding in money he raised for the general election. This is money he can't touch. I don't think the inflated number had anything to do with whether or not debts were subtracted.

There is no "manipulation" to do anything "artificially" with FEC forms. One files it the way the FEC wants them filed. That's it. Conspiratorial defeatism hurts the campaign.

MGS
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I thought he was always 2nd tier..?

LastoftheMohicans
07-16-2007, 06:15 PM
There is no "manipulation" to do anything "artificially" with FEC forms. One files it the way the FEC wants them filed. That's it. Conspiratorial defeatism hurts the campaign.

I don't consider that "conspiratorial defeatism" any more than pointing out that Ron Paul got less questions and less time during the 3 debates. It's a factual matter. Either he has more, less or the same cash on hand as McCain. I think he has more (I could be wrong).

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't consider that "conspiratorial defeatism" any more than pointing out that Ron Paul got less questions and less time during the 3 debates. It's a factual matter. Either he has more, less or the same cash on hand as McCain. I think he has more (I could be wrong).

Wait, what? one doesn't get minutes in a debate on FEC forms (which was the topic of the comment). "Cash on hand" is an FEC term of art that means what the FEC says it means for that form and isn't "manipulated" for anyone's benefit, no. Yes, it is a factual matter. The FEC forms and terms were set long before Dr. Paul entered the race. Reporters talking about FEC numbers is just factual, not conspiracy.

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2007, 06:48 PM

Now, that! was funny; LMAO... Thanks, DV...

I thought he was always 2nd tier..?

IIRC, wasn't there a "3rd" tier until recently?

:)

Oddball
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Lou Dobbs = uninformed?
Lou Dobbs = Guilt from getting rich in the '80s & '90s.

LastoftheMohicans
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Wait, what? one doesn't get minutes in a debate on FEC forms (which was the topic of the comment). "Cash on hand" is an FEC term of art that means what the FEC says it means for that form and isn't "manipulated" for anyone's benefit, no. Yes, it is a factual matter. The FEC forms and terms were set long before Dr. Paul entered the race. Reporters talking about FEC numbers is just factual, not conspiracy.

I'm not trying to be argumentative. The graphic flashed on the screen quickly when I was watchin Bill Schneider on CNN this afternoon. McCain was in 3rd and Ron Paul was in 4th and the numbers were close. It couldn't have been amount raised because McCain had way more than Paul. It couldn't be what we would think Cash on Hand would be- funds taken in minus expenditures- because Paul beat McCain there too. The only way for McCain to be ahead with Cash on Hand is if they were counting general election cash.

Assuming what I saw was right, I just got annoyed. It's as though these people expend a lot of effort trying to minimize Ron Paul.

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
It couldn't be what we would think Cash on Hand would be- funds taken in minus expenditures- because Paul beat McCain there too. The only way for McCain to be ahead with Cash on Hand is if they were counting general election cash.

Yes, "cash on hand" in these stories refers to the term of art used by the FEC in these forms. That's it. No "manipulation." There is a specific line on the quarterly filing form. There are explicit instructions to the campaign on how to comply with the FEC's reporting. The stories are right (for what they report). McCain's FEC cash-on-hand includes money raised for the primary and the general election (of which Dr. Paul has none).

LastoftheMohicans
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Yes, "cash on hand" in these stories refers to the term of art used by the FEC in these forms. That's it. No "manipulation." There is a specific line on the quarterly filing form. There are explicit instructions to the campaign on how to comply with the FEC's reporting. The stories are right (for what they report). McCain's FEC cash-on-hand includes money raised for the primary and the general election (of which Dr. Paul has none).

Got it.

SeanEdwards
07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I think this is very positive for Paul. CNN showed a graphic with Republicans fundraising listed, and there were four names, one of which was Paul. That is clearly associating Paul with the frontrunners, and seperating him from the also rans.

Brandybuck
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
McCain is grassroots? Stop it! I'm laughing coke out my nose!

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Got it.

No worries. By my calculations, McCain's "cash on hand" for the primary only minus debts leaves him with a whopping $117k.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
i personally dont give a s*** what CNN says...but i know a lot of older people do,

hitting the streets IS the best defense we have at this point

Henry
07-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Watched and listened to Dobbs for a long time. As a matter of fact I have written to him on several occasions. Admitingly most of the time I agreed with him. Unfortunately I never got a response.

My take on Dobbs is that he will go far enough to add to his audience base, but falls short of telling the whole story. I believe it to be a tactic to cover his ass with CNN.

That's how I feel about Dobbs. Middle Class to him is the flavor of the month and he fuels that argument with Illegal Aliens, China and CEO'S. But that is where it stops.

A profound example of his hypocrisy is he along with the MSM continues to use the most important benchmark for the Iraq quagmire is the “hydrocarbon law” that the Iraqi parliment does not endorse. Perpetrating himself as peeler of the onion, not once did he come forth as to mention that that benchmark is nothing more than robbing Iraq of it’s oil.

I’m not a believer until he tells it all!!

Korey Kaczynski
07-16-2007, 11:37 PM

He's just another shit feeder who, at the end of the day, is trying to earn his paycheck, just like every other asshole.