PDA

View Full Version : Is this a blow?

Xonox
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Or is it a boost?
We're far from over people. Iowa isn't are state. It never really was. The rest though... many of them are ours for the taking. I know each and every one of you knows the importance of our success, and we cannot let the revolution die! Go out tomorrow, this weekend, next week, and tell every person you pass on the street about Ron Paul, put up flyers and signs. Do whatever you can. We are far from over.

We really need to follow this guys lead.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74267

Get out there people! We have a Presidency to win!

Joe3113
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
bump for liberty

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Its a huge boost for people who have never considered RP an option and have just found out that he beat a "Frontrunner" and will now take a look at him.

Mark Rushmore
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
It's a mind game.

It's either a blow or a victory however you want to take it. In terms of absolute numbers of votes, the difference between Ron Paul and third place is less than the voters that show up to an average Mayoral race in my town (and this is a rather small town). But taking it strictly by position, it's a blow to supporters. Many of us had hoped for and expected more.

NH is effectively tomorrow - and we will see how that turns out. SC is the big deal and NV is an important addition.

The only 'loss' in this caucus is what we as supporters allow ourselves to take as a loss, otherwise - game is on.

greendiseaser
Q: "Is this a blow?"
A: ... JOB

This is just the hummer to get the party started.
A REAL man doesn't blow his load when the tongue hits the tip.
You wait till it gets deep and hairy, then give it all you got.

DON'T GIVE UP!

:D

yongrel
Blow to the diehard, boost for the undecided and untouched.

crackyflipside
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
What, a blow, are you serious? Here's another post I made.

We have proven that the polls being done in the past mean NOTHING.

People who did not participate in the caucus in the past are participating.

Even though Ron Paul came in fourth statistically, look at how close he is to the 3rd place candidates; the once touted frontrunners, Mccain and Thompson!

Not to mention how bad we spanked Rudy.

We did not fail anything, we PROVED it to the media and to America that we are a force to be reckoned with.

Iowa is just one state out of 50.

RON PAUL IS NOW A FRONTRUNNER.

MJfromCT
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Overall this will provide Ron Paul some much needed credibility with the "i like that Ron Paul guy but I don't think he can win" crowd.

ChristopherBearkat
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Given the positive media coverage, I'd say this was a boost. We did better than expected.

The real loser tonight is Hillary, who may be just about finished.

(And Rudy....Rudy did TERRIBLE)

Ethek
01-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Blow to the diehard, boost for the undecided and untouched.

QFT

SeanEdwards
01-04-2008, 12:35 AM
A lot of big names in the race did substantially worse than Paul. Rudy, Clinton, Hunter, Dodd, Biden, Richardson, Romney, all of them got damaged or eliminated by the Iowa results.

It's all about expectations. I think Paul's showing can be characterized as a modest success.

BeFranklin
01-04-2008, 12:43 AM
A lot of big names in the race did substantially worse than Paul. Rudy, Clinton, Hunter, Dodd, Biden, Richardson, Romney, all of them got damaged or eliminated by the Iowa results.

It's all about expectations. I think Paul's showing can be characterized as a modest success.

Paul didn't lose. He didn't outright win by our expectations, or lose by critics expectations. He's just in the race on this one; but some of the other candidates don't have the support to go beyond Iowa.

Paul Ron did ok, but some of the other candidates did poorly.

enjoiskaterguy
01-04-2008, 12:44 AM
We BEAT ghouliani

louisiana4liberty
01-04-2008, 12:46 AM
A blow? NO. It's a step. Ron Paul said that tonight.

Duckman
01-04-2008, 12:47 AM
The tide is still breaking, the primaries are already here though!!

stevedasbach
01-04-2008, 12:48 AM
A small boost.