PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying the Iowa delegate process.

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Hello everyone!

I see much misinformation and confusion being thrown around on the forum regarding this. I'm by NO MEANS an authority on how the Iowa GOP works, but I do know that the people saying we have 2 "national" delegates is incorrect. As time goes on, I hope that people with more authority knowledge will help to update this sticky.

In reality, those national delegates haven't been selected yet.

During a Republican Iowa caucus, two major things happen:

1.) A straw poll is conducted.
2.) Delegates are nominated and then voted upon.

Those two events are totally separate and have nothing to do with each other.

The straw poll is conducted as pretty much the first order of business at the caucus. After the straw poll, MOST PEOPLE LEAVE (as you're free to leave at any time during the caucus). People really shoot themselves in the foot on this. In my caucus precincts case, John McCain won... but then all of his supporters left. He ended up with NO delegates!!! So what did he really win?

After the results of the straw poll are phoned in to the GOP, the delegate nomination process begins. Someone will nominate a delegate, another seconds the motion and then eventually the entire group votes on them.

In my precincts case, we had 4 delegates and 2 alternates (a city has MANY precincts). The number of delegates and alternates you have is determined by how many people participated in the previous caucus. In our case, the last Republican caucus was the 2006 governor’s race (Jim Nussle). Before you even ask, I can't tell you how many county -> district -> state convention delegates there are off the top of my head.

The delegates are for the county convention, who then vote on delegates for the district convention and then finally the state convention.

SO, in closing:

1.) The straw poll has NOTHING to do with how many delegates you get.

2.) No Iowa national delegates have been selected. The process must wind through the county -> district and then state conventions.

See Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_caucus

Xonox
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for this. This is where the devotion of our voters comes into play.

RPatTheBeach
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
someone sticky this

Hangly Man
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
someone sticky this

Someone sticky this!

Montana Patriot
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Someone sticky this!
I have been beating this drum for three hours still no stickie:confused:

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
stickie!!!!!

pickfair
01-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Bump

Cali4RonPaul
01-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Interesting, thanks for clearing this up, so where do we stand on this? still not sure how this affects us..

Basilieus
01-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Good work!

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 12:20 AM
It's tough to say, the Iowa campaign HQ isn't keeping track of delegates.

When I called in our straw poll results to the campaign (they had requested this, and had a special 800# for it) they were only interested in the straw poll results... not the amount of delegates we elected at our precinct.

I think this was/is a major error by the campaign to not track those statistics and organize the county delegates.

Interesting, thanks for clearing this up, so where do we stand on this? still not sure how this affects us..

hellah10
01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
In my caucus precincts case, John McCain won... but then all of his supporters left. He ended up with NO delegates!!! So what did he really win?

please tell me your a delegate

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm an alternate... Which is a good thing since many primary delegates no-show to the conventions :)

please tell me your a delegate

ForTheRevolution
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
get this...we somehow chose our delegates BEFORE the straw poll. I was confused.

Now it was so poorly organized that I don't think they even realized they were doing things in the wrong order.

I don't think we had a single RP delegate elected out of our 15. I definitely would have done it, but I go to school across the state and can't get back for the county convention. And all the RP supporters I knew there also had prior obligations...great planning on our half...oops.

But on my behalf, I did give a (may I say inspiring) speech to a sea of about 250 people. I was nervous as crap, but since no one else volunteered I just went for it. It was a difficult crowd (war loving, farm subsidizing, die-hard christian, ...), but I like to think I may have swayed 1 or 2;)

B9vot3r
01-04-2008, 01:45 AM
get this...we somehow chose our delegates BEFORE the straw poll. I was confused.

Now it was so poorly organized that I don't think they even realized they were doing things in the wrong order.

I don't think we had a single RP delegate elected out of our 15. I definitely would have done it, but I go to school across the state and can't get back for the county convention. And all the RP supporters I knew there also had prior obligations...great planning on our half...oops.

But on my behalf, I did give a (may I say inspiring) speech to a sea of about 250 people. I was nervous as crap, but since no one else volunteered I just went for it. It was a difficult crowd (war loving, farm subsidizing, die-hard christian, ...), but I like to think I may have swayed 1 or 2;)

ouch, my spleen burst while reading this.
thanks for at least giving your words of wisdom to the flock, the caucus aired on cspan 2 had NO spokesman for RP at all.

Jerry Schnoebelen
01-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I want to start by saying that I was the precinct chairman and it was also my first caucus attendance. It was a very eye-opening experience. While there was a larger turn out than the last presidential caucus it was still only about 12% of the registered voters. (10% statewide) It is amazing how few people are having their say at the caucus.

Please understand though that the straw poll numbers that are reported on election night have no bearing whatsoever on who Iowa will ultimately nominate. Those numbers are merely for political consumption and used as a "barometer" or to get a pulse of the campaign. In my opinion it is also used as propaganda to mold opinions of the voters in the states that follow. It seems that most people, including Iowans, think that if you win on this caucus night that you have won the state of Iowa and its delegates. This is simply not true.

The delegates are the name of the game and this is where RP and his supporters can really make hay. At least in my precinct it was like picking low hanging fruit and this has been spoken of by past caucus goers. What happened was that after the straw poll was taken and the results called in there was only about 10 people left out of the 81 who cast a vote. Everybody else went home before the most important part of the caucus was finished - the selection of the delegates!!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Our precinct didn't even fill the 5 delegate slots allowed!! Can you believe that?! What was even more amazing was that we just had to nominate ourselves and since we did not have more than 5 nominations we didn't even have to vote. We filled four slots and I was one of them. I do know for sure that another RP supporter is in as a precinct delegate and being the precinct chair it was hectic so I didn't get a chance to find out about the other two delegates but we for sure have 50% of my precinct delegates that are RP people. If one or two of the other two are RP people it could be 75% or even 100%. I think this is amazing.

If we don't have enough RP delegates then the problem rests a lot with the Iowans who support RP but didn't step up to run as a delegate which for the most part appears to happen unopposed.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."

Plato

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Jerry, great post!

Of the 18 RP supporters we had in my precinct, about 4-5 stayed after the straw poll was conducted. I was pretty disappointed by that, and everyone left so fast that I couldn't even try to round them back up to talk. Just like your caucus, we went from 107 -> 15-20 people.

I realize that people have busy lives, and I do too... but I had 2-3 hours to spare for this important event. I wish more people could've spared some time for delegate election. If those supporters had stayed, we could've slated all 4 delegates and alternates.

I don't blame the Iowa HQ for this, they tried many-many times to explain and get people to stay after the straw poll. Unfortunately, people didn't feel compelled to do so. I'm sure that many other precincts also didn't fill their delegate spots, and this bodes well for alternates like myself. The chairman of my caucus said he's been an alternate twice before, and was tapped to come down from the gallery both times.

I hope people keep your post in perspective and realize that we're actually in a pretty good position in Iowa. If we're short delegates to carry him to district, at least we have enough delegates to shape the GOP into our favor.

We really need to organize these RP leaning delegates together though for the March county conventions, and I will be in contact with Iowa HQ about this.

Jerry Schnoebelen
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
To "ForTheRevolution",

You definitely ran into a precinct chair who had an agenda. The plan of action for the caucus night, at least in my county, is clearly spelled out in the precinct packet that is given to the precinct chairman by the Republican party. After checking-in everybody and getting an attendance count the straw poll is supposed to be taken next. This is done asap so the numbers can get called in and the results reported to the news outlets. The election of delegates is listed as one of the last action items to be accomplished, right before "additional business" and "platform development".

Waldo
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Why does it say on http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229206 that huckabee got 30 delegates, romney got 7, and no one else got any? For some reason I keep thinking that you had to have 15% or more to get delegates anyways. Can someone clarify this?

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
The media seems to think the straw poll %'s = delegates in Iowa .... as my original post said: The straw poll and delegate election are two totally different things.

At the caucus you elect county delegates, who then elect district delegates... who THEN elect state delegates................ who THEN elect national delegates for the state of Iowa.

So to clarify to all, the media is basing their "delegate" count purely on the raw straw poll results. They have NO clue on how the actual delegate process will pan out.

Why does it say on http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229206 that huckabee got 30 delegates, romney got 7, and no one else got any? For some reason I keep thinking that you had to have 15% or more to get delegates anyways. Can someone clarify this?

Jerry Schnoebelen
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes Gimpster - you are correct. I don't know from where MSNBC is getting their delegate count.

Waldo - they have no way of knowing. Just more propaganda to mold opinion of future voters in other states. Remember most people will go with someone they think can win.

At this moment there are only precinct delegates that were elected last night and that have to be whittled down to National convention delegates through a multi step process culminating on June 14th at the Republican State convention.

On the delegate elect form that is turned in on caucus night there is no place to show and you are not asked to designate which candidate you support. The only thing they gather is your name and contact info. So once again MSNBC is passing gas.

Uriah
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
These are the results for Jefferson county in Iowa. We were very organized here. I don't know for sure but with my current knowledge Ron Paul has at least 40% of the delegates in this county. All of my friends are delegates. In my precinct there was 25 delegate slots with 12 alternate slots. There was only 17 people in the room after voting. Most were RP supporters. It is possible to nominate people who weren't even there and we did that to fill the slots up.
I am not sure but if all the slots are not filled up you may still be able to be a delegate if you contact your GOP county chair person and possibly if you just show up at your county convention. I will check on that and get back to everyone.

Votes Percent
Ron Paul 298 35.56%
Huckabee 263 31.38%
Romney 132 15.75%
Guiliani 25 2.98%
McCain 38 4.53%
Thompson 78 9.31%
Hunter 3 0.36%
Keyes 1 0.12%

Jobarra
01-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Man, this post is making me happy and sad at the same time. Happy that alot of Ron Paul supporters understood what it took to actually win and stayed just a few extra minutes to insure that. Sad that a good 80% of people who actually decided to vote still have no idea how their process works.

We really need to find out how many precinct delegates we have. If it's 50%, then it gives us the ability to state "Well they won the straw poll, but Ron Paul will win most of the national delegates. We are way better organized than the other campaigns and we're only continuing to grow."

jc81
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I stuck around and got my name in and my gf who supports Ron Paul too as county delegates. I am also one of two state delegates (other guy is a Romney supporter). I asked question in another thread, but how does it work that they picked two state delegates? I keep reading that county picks district and district picks state. Did I screw myself over by not volunteering for district too then?

nsheedy
01-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Iowa Is Far From Over!!! Very Important For Delegates To Show Up And Get Organized !

The voting that occured at the Iowa caucuses Thurday is NOT BINDING!!!

The Iowa GOP website has this to say:
"The results of this caucus activity on both the Republican and Democratic sides are not binding on the elected delegates, but the delegates usually feel obligated to follow the wishes expressed by the caucus-goers. Thus the initial caucus results provide a good barometer of the composition of Iowa’s national delegation, keeping in mind the effect that candidates’ withdrawals can have right up to convention voting time."
see: http://www.iowagop.net/inner.asp?z=4

Wikipedia reads:
"The Iowa caucus is an electoral event in which residents of the U.S. state of Iowa elect delegates to the county convention to which their precinct belongs in a caucus. There are 99 counties in Iowa and thus 99 conventions. These county conventions then select delegates for both Iowa's Congressional District Convention and the State Convention, which eventually choose the delegates for the presidential nominating conventions (the national conventions)."

THE DELEGATES WHO WERE CHOSEN ARE WHAT IS IMPORTANT!

Delegates from precincts do not have to declare which candidate they support. But they need to attend their County Convention where other delages will be chosen to go to District and State conventions, and eventually the delegates for the National Convention. Iowa will have 40 Republican National Convention delegates. NONE OF THESE DELEGATES HAVE BEEN SELECTED YET!!!

That being so, it is VERY important that the RON PAUL supporters who were chosen to be delegates for their precinct commit to this duty. THESE DELEGATES NEED TO SHOW UP and try to keep advancing to the county, district and state levels.

Here's a link where you can click on a county and get information about when and where delegates will meet for the next rounds.
http://www.iowagop.net/countycontacts.asp

What Happens Next?

On MARCH 1st, delegates that were selected at the precinct caucuses move on to a county convention (there are 99 counties in Iowa) where a sub-set of delegates is selected to attend the District Conventions, and then the State Convention.

The State Convention won't be held until June 14th, and that is where the delegates are selected who will attend the National Convention.

It is important that precinct delegates are informed about the process and SHOW UP to their County Conventions on March 1st!!!

NOTE: There are thousands of precincts in Iowa, and thousands of delegates from these precincts need to show up at the 99 county conventions where a hundreds of delegates will be choosen to attend the district conventions, and then on to the state state convention. Eventually, 40 delegates will be choosen to represent Iowa at the national Convention. Whoever is reporting that any national delegates are have been pledged at this point is mistaken. District Delegates haven't even been selected at the County Level yet!!!

THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT PRECINCT DELEGATES ARE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS SO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY NEED TO DO TO STAY ENGAGED, SHOW UP AT THIER COUNTY CONVENTIONS AND VIE FOR DISTRICT DELEGATE POSITIONS!!!

nsheedy
01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
You're right!!
The voting that occured at the Iowa caucuses Thurday is NOT BINDING!!!

The Iowa GOP website has this to say:
"The results of this caucus activity on both the Republican and Democratic sides are not binding on the elected delegates, but the delegates usually feel obligated to follow the wishes expressed by the caucus-goers. Thus the initial caucus results provide a good barometer of the composition of Iowa’s national delegation, keeping in mind the effect that candidates’ withdrawals can have right up to convention voting time."
see: http://www.iowagop.net/inner.asp?z=4

Wikipedia reads:
"The Iowa caucus is an electoral event in which residents of the U.S. state of Iowa elect delegates to the county convention to which their precinct belongs in a caucus. There are 99 counties in Iowa and thus 99 conventions. These county conventions then select delegates for both Iowa's Congressional District Convention and the State Convention, which eventually choose the delegates for the presidential nominating conventions (the national conventions)."

THE DELEGATES WHO WERE CHOSEN ARE WHAT IS IMPORTANT!

Delegates from precincts do not have to declare which candidate they support. But they need to attend their County Convention where other delages will be chosen to go to District and State conventions, and eventually the delegates for the National Convention. Iowa will have 40 Republican National Convention delegates. NONE OF THESE DELEGATES HAVE BEEN SELECTED YET!!!

That being so, it is VERY important that the RON PAUL supporters who were chosen to be delegates for their precinct commit to this duty. THESE DELEGATES NEED TO SHOW UP and try to keep advancing to the county, district and state levels.

Here's a link where you can click on a county and get information about when and where delegates will meet for the next rounds.
http://www.iowagop.net/countycontacts.asp

What Happens Next?

On MARCH 1st, delegates that were selected at the precinct caucuses move on to each county convention (there are 99 counties in Iowa) where a sub-set of delegates from each county is selected to attend the several District Conventions, and so forth to the State Convention.

The State Convention won't be held until June 14th, and that is where the delegates are selected who will attend the National Convention.

It is important that precinct delegates are informed about the process and SHOW UP to their County Conventions on March 1st!!!

NOTE: There are thousands of precincts in Iowa, and thousands of delegates from these precincts need to show up at the 99 county conventions where a hundreds of delegates will be choosen to attend the district conventions, and then on to the state state convention. Eventually, 40 delegates will be choosen to represent Iowa at the national Convention. Whoever is reporting that any national delegates are have been pledged at this point is mistaken. District Delegates haven't even been selected at the County Level yet!!!

THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT PRECINCT DELEGATES ARE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS SO THEY KNOW WHAT THEY NEED TO DO TO STAY ENGAGED, SHOW UP AT THIER COUNTY CONVENTIONS AND VIE FOR DISTRICT DELEGATE POSITIONS!!!

DELEGATES ARE NOT BOUND TO THE CAUCUS STRAW POLLS and THEY CAN BE PURSUADED TO VOTE FOR WHOMEVER THEY PREFER!!

Joel High
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
You have to figure that either Huckabee and/or Romney will drop out before the Iowa conventions start. That means plenty of delegates won't even bother to show-up.

They need to get organized in Iowa, get a head count and make sure everyone shows up at the state conventions.

phoenixrising
01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
damn i'm glad to see this thread!!! many were bummed after caucus results...yet it's about the delegates!!

i posted b/4 that i think we need to find a list of our *caucus states* ...in advance ...so everyone is on the right page & educated in advance of their caucus {{anyone know where to get that?}} RP supporters really need to get the process down...know your final numbers & # of alts.

RODO started a thread 12/22 speaking about the caucus procedure...(i'll dig it up again) yet each state is a tad different so we NEED to know how it happens in a particular state. he mentioned in that thread how *important* it was to stay to the end. way too many people leave early.. with that in mind it's easier to become an RP delegate or alt than you think! iowa just proved it by stating how many people were left!!

we are a caucus state (HI.) & are actively working out our plan in our meetup groups now so we know who our RP people are in advance by precinct/district.

the thing everyone needs to remember is you need RP supporters who will go the full mile....it doesn't end that nite ...as stated above!!

rodo1776
01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Aloha Peonixrising. trying to use paragraphs. You are right on as is Mosquitobite. Dude i want to meet you.
Once again from what I have seen we did really well at the caucuses. Look at franklin county. Look at what Jeremy Colbert accomplished. Lots of good stuff. What I can't figure out based on posts is how we did in total for delegates. (key here is did we get more than the 10% straw poll results)
I also saw something about how where there were caucuses where not all the delegate spots were filled (and could have been many) then you can call your local GOP county org and ask to be a delegate. If this is true then please do that. That is a gift. I assumed that the other candidates would be very organized. it appears that they were in some precincts. But not in all. So all ye faithfully call your GOP office and volunteer to be delegates even if you did not go to the caucus. If this is true that you can do it then do it before the hucksters do.
Pehonixrising you are PURA Vida as we say where I live. You have it down. Everyone in a caucus state needs to know the rules, the number of delegates (and alternates) to be elected at the caucus in advance. And be prepared and have a SLATE of RP people in advance. Do some strategy and you can get a lot more RP delegates elected than the actual % of RP supporters there at the caucus. Go team go revolution. Keep your eye on the prize which is delegates. All states vary on rules and procedures. Not all have straw polls and mostly are there to elect delegates to the later conventions. Know your states rules.
The delegates start at a low level and move up. The more we concentrate our support for the upper level conventions the better our chances. And make deals when needed.

nsheedy
01-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Montana is a Caucus State, too. And it is wide open because they have a new system this year and no one is entrenched! Moreover, the votes held for candidates at the precinct level are NOT binding on the delegates!

I grew up in Montana (Flathead Valley) and in the few conversations I've had with friends up there, they all brought up Ron Paul in casual conversation!

I had hopes to see better support for Dr. Paul in Wyoming, and maybe Montana will be similar. So many bleeding-heart transplants have moved into the rural west in the past 15 years that it has practically destroyed the political cohesion of many traditional communities.

But caucuses are an excellent way for an active minority to have a bigger influence than in a straight election. People just need to SHOW UP AND BE ACTIVE!

phoenixrising
01-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Aloha Peonixrising. trying to use paragraphs. You are right on as is Mosquitobite. Dude i want to meet you.
Once again from what I have seen we did really well at the caucuses. Look at franklin county. Look at what Jeremy Colbert accomplished. Lots of good stuff. What I can't figure out based on posts is how we did in total for delegates. (key here is did we get more than the 10% straw poll results)
I also saw something about how where there were caucuses where not all the delegate spots were filled (and could have been many) then you can call your local GOP county org and ask to be a delegate. If this is true then please do that. That is a gift. I assumed that the other candidates would be very organized. it appears that they were in some precincts. But not in all. So all ye faithfully call your GOP office and volunteer to be delegates even if you did not go to the caucus. If this is true that you can do it then do it before the hucksters do.
Pehonixrising you are PURA Vida as we say where I live. You have it down. Everyone in a caucus state needs to know the rules, the number of delegates (and alternates) to be elected at the caucus in advance. And be prepared and have a SLATE of RP people in advance. Do some strategy and you can get a lot more RP delegates elected than the actual % of RP supporters there at the caucus. Go team go revolution. Keep your eye on the prize which is delegates. All states vary on rules and procedures. Not all have straw polls and mostly are there to elect delegates to the later conventions. Know your states rules.
The delegates start at a low level and move up. The more we concentrate our support for the upper level conventions the better our chances. And make deals when needed.
HUMONGEOUS BUMP...while I go find my other question for you RODO :)

mahalo for responding to this post! ;0

phoenixrising
01-06-2008, 03:06 AM
aloha RODO...

k...here is my question based on another post:

"...Quote:
Wyoming GOP county conventions gave their delegates to Romney, Thompson, McCain, and Hunter. But Ron Paul never stood a chance there.

We shouldn't have expected anything from Wyoming. Most observers didn't understand the rules.

The Wyoming county conventions were NOT open to Republican voters. Eligible delegates consisted of only two groups: Republican party officials who were elected in 2006; and delegates who were appointed (by established precinct organizations) to fill empty delegate seats.

There was little chance for new party activists to participate in this process, only old-timers made the choice."

what can wyoming do now??? can we still get a delegate(s) position? if so- how?

also...i noted posts that said some precincts in iowa had *no shows*...that means RP supporters can STILL go in & grab any availabilities-yeah?

also ...do YOU know where/how i can get a list of the caucus states...so we can prep here on the forum BY STATE? i just don't want to see any other states running into what we have *learned* now by experience-- it's early enough to make it mo'betta in each of those states :)

the process of caucusing is so NEW to the majority of members of this forum. the power is definitely there...yet the direction *may* be lacking per state caucusing/delegates.

my apologes for the multitude of questions...yet we ALL need your knowledge- mahalo nui loa! ;)

p.s. pura vida=? sorry don't know the lingo for that one ;)

Crickett
01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, great news! I was awaiting this! You all practice your speeches now! You can be THE powerful voice on the County voting. WTG. You have 2 months to come up with a fantastically pursuasive talk!!
Good NEWS!

phoenixrising
01-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Well, great news! I was awaiting this! You all practice your speeches now! You can be THE powerful voice on the County voting. WTG. You have 2 months to come up with a fantastically pursuasive talk!!
Good NEWS!
aloha everyone.....

K ...i was up till 3AM scouring these msg boards looking for info that would help define the caucus/primary/convention process that is **unique** for each state. this way everyone is informed in advance.

we learned a lot from iowa & wyoming....let's not forget it!

...then i found all this incredible work bradley did months ago!!!

with this in mind i was also looking for info on the delegate portion...(sorry bradley--i now get why you don't like the blanket word...yet i have to do it this time)

it may be time to go to the *lower portion* of the forum screen:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

imho....this area ought to be swarming right now w/people from all over this entire forum to their respective states....to date there are only a little over 3000 posts & that's for all the states & territories!

we ae in crunch mode right now people ...time to use the tools here

in this area you will find a wealth of info by state...what to expect at your caucus/primary/convention process; *uniques* RULES for your state; delegate & alt process, dates, stages etc...etc...

i'm also including a link here RODO helped me locate...+ a quote from him:
http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

"...You can see that it is really complicated. Sometimes it is pure primary but sometimes is a combination. So we have situation where some states may think they are just a primary but actually they have to caucus as well or part of the delegates are bound by primary results and part bound by caucus and convention results."

also another important link:
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-Alloc.phtml

this important doc was last update 1/3/2008 & states:
50% Penalty: 5 jurisdictions: Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Wyoming.

this means there are 50% less delegate positions for these states...& all the harder we need to work & be organized to capture the max for RP!!!

one last thing: 9 states are coming up against time constraints VERY quickly to be registered republican to vote...1 as early as today & 2 tomorrow!

AK - TODAY! AZ- jan7; CA- jan 22; HI- jan 15; LA -jan 9; ME- jan 17; MA- jan 16; OK- jan 11; UT- jan 7

see: http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

we need those assisting us in acquiring our delegate positions to be registered republican!

bradley/rodo...if i've missed stated anything --please feel free to correct me & mahalo for your help!

noztnac
01-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Are the results of Iowa still not in? That's completely unacceptable.

Jaderak
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
so why are people reporting that Ron Paul only had 2 delegates? Even if this were the case, there would be no way to know that? My mom is a delegate and I'm an alternative delegate, and we're both RP supporters.