PDA

View Full Version : To the Warroom (lets talk strategy)

ThePieSwindler
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Rather than dwell on iowa, lets look forward. Iowa was not a complete disaster, and we finished in the cluster i thought we would (around mccain and thompson) though i honestly thought we'd beat both. So what. Many of us already know the positives - high young-person vote for paul, very high independent vote (even though only 13% of the votes were from indys), etc.

So lets look forward, take the positives from this, find our mistakes, and fix them. In this thread, we will attempt to do that.

I will first state a few things I believe need to get done:

1) Anyone on the fence about OLFD, get off, and get to New Hampshire. Talk to people, get them informed, do everything you can to convert people to Ron Paul.

2) Focus efforts on the next pre-super-tuesday states. South Carolina, Michigan, Florida, and Nevada, all need work! One way to help, especially if you are far away from these states is to write informative, friendly letters, that also give out your contact info. They don't need to be hand written except for the address, sothat it will be opened, but if you feel like you have the time to handwrite and still get them out ASAP, do so. Heres the link: http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

3) Donate small amount of money to the campaign weekly, while also donating to chipins. Even 10 dollar donations to the campaign to keep cash coming in smoothly, while also donating 5-10 dollars here or there to important chipins, is a vital way to help. Work extra hours, sell something on ebay - do what you can!

4) Make sure you work your own state too, especially if its a super-tuesday state. Many of those states dont have the best of turnouts, so good organization goes a long way. Canvasing is important, but networking and making sure meetups and everyone are coordinated to vote is even more important. I think we can snag some primary states if this is done effectively.

5) If you're going to be on the internet more than the real world STILL, find places that have not been touched yet by the message. Don't keep digging old articles or scouring youtube - those places are saturated and/or pointless. Go to forums and find the off topic, and just leave a message about Ron paul. Things like that. Its better to go out in the real world and try to convert people one on one by canvassing, but if for some reason you cant/wont do this, at least find places on the internet that arent saturated with Ron Paul news/videos.

6) Above all else, don't give up or get despaired. The only difference between 3rd and 5th that worried me was media coverage. Though we'll find out tomorrow the true result of that consequence, early signs show neither mccain nor thompson are getting talked up much at all, and so the one thing i was worried about (media ridicule and loss of momentum) seems to not be an issue at all. Also, NH doesnt tend to follow Iowa results, so expecting 3rd in NH is alot more realistic, i think, than it was in Iowa. Do not have an "NH or bust" mentality either, please.

Keep adding ideas, we need to keep moving.

newmedia4ron
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM
NH PLAN

Put some relationships on the line. Stress to close apathetic friends/family how much this means to you (Its not like you're lying you're here right). All your asking is for one day of their time.

How many times have they dragged you to bad films and such. They owe you.

(If they agree to do it for you make sure they are registered and make sure you drag them the to the polling place when the time comes)

If every NH Ron Paul supporter brought 3 people into the primary who were never going to vote for anyone in the first place, we QUADRUPLE OUR EXPECTED TURNOUT!

Lets get this viral. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3.....

Note:I'm not saying to to try and convert your 100% neocon father or your 100% liberal activist sister. Everyone has family members or friends that are apathetic and might do this one time only thing because you show them how important this is to you.

Bring the waterworks if you have to.
Promise them a huge party or something, we can do this!

ThePieSwindler
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes, i like that idea as well. Seems to be a great way to potentially get some easy votes, even if noncommital.

Dave Pedersen
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
It's tha social security, stoopid.. I say this to everyone and no I am not calling anyone stupid. But really think about it. We have to talk boomerthink.

What is Boomerthink?

It is "don't risk my social security, ya mangy brat !"

Boomers don't care about the absence of income tax most of them are retired or nearing retirement and what they want is personal financial security, social security.

Now you know and I know that Ron Paul is the only candidate who can hope to protect social security. That knowledge must be made available to every Boomer out there. Why?

Because it's tha Boomerthink, stoopid.

Think12345
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
bump

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
odd repost... read below

Naraku
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Tell all Obama people in Michigan that Obama is not on the ballot there and there are no delegates so their vote won't count. That should convince a few of 'em.

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
It's tha social security, stoopid.. I say this to everyone and no I am not calling anyone stupid. But really think about it. We have to talk boomerthink.

What is Boomerthink?

Boomers don't care about the absence of income tax most of them are retired or nearing retirement and what they want is personal financial security, social security.

Now you know and I know that Ron Paul is the only candidate who can hope to protect social security. That knowledge must be made available to every Boomer out there. Why?

Thats actually quite smart, but has a few issues. Ron paul needs to talk up his plan, how he wants to pay for social security, not rob the trust fund, but also allow young people to opt out so that the entire system does not collapse. Unfortunately, the Boomers will then think "well if we keep the young people in it, theres an even better chance ill get my SS money" - they really dont care about easing the burden for the younger generation, or at least i doubt it. They simply want "solvency", and the whole "phasing out" and long term view really only matters to those who really think criticially the ramifications of their actions, which unfortunately, seems to not be a very significant percentage of Americans.

Although i think most boomers would be neutral to slight disagreement with Ron Paul's social security plan, i dont think it will hurt him at all if he does trumpet up his overall SS plans, and it might brings some more apathetic voters into the fold. But i dont think itll do much to win the 45+ republican vote.

Driftar
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Great post... i'll help keep it at the top. Let's all focus on New Hamshire, and Michigan, and South Carolina, and Florida, and Nevada... am i missing anything? Let's put our energy into continuing to build momentum. I talked to some very ANTI huckabee people today. republicans arent going to go for the guy. He's going to fizzle. So we have an oppertunity. Romney may be weakened. Let's keep up all the efforts. Better to keep busy than be frustrated.

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
we need to ride the up-trend and peak in South Carolina.

Bill Clinton didnt win until Georgia.

Shink
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm moving my caucus report here because it contains some important contributions to our strategy and is now off the main page in the caucus section. Sorry for its length.

Hey guys. :DIt's a big night!:D I went to the caucus in my small hometown. I went over an hour early, expecting a big crowd well before 6:30. Not the case, but a steady stream came in over time after I did and they said turnout was 6 times more than their last caucus.

I immediately saw some RP support in evidence, and I got to hang out with some great people who support Ron. Each candidate was allowed a representative to speak for them. Duncan Hunter had no speaker, naturally.:p I can't imagine him NOT dropping out. It was kinda hard to sit through the same crap I've heard about the neocon candidates for about a year. There were a few blatant mentions of "cutting government" and "the Constitution" from a few of them.:rolleyes:

When Ron got called for a rep to speak, it got quiet for just a second. I almost jumped up to give an impromptu speech, and in hindsight, I wish I had. The guy who went up gave a good, short speech that summed things up pretty well.

Once we thought we were done, a woman came up to the mic, asking if she could still speak for Dingleberry. The cranky, cokebottle glasses-donning GOP guy asked the room if anyone objected, met with silence. She got up there and essentially blubbered. She sounded as if she was going to cry for Huckabee. I wonder if she intended for it to sound that way---because it worked.

I 'overwatched' the voting for my precinct with a few others, but it was all on paper with no real chance of corruption. :cool: Good news in that regard. Anyway, totals for my precinct were as follows:

HUCK: 18
ROMMEL: 6
RON PAUL!: 5
McCAIN: 5
FRED: 4
HUNTER: 0
GIULIANI: 0 (Guess Hunter edged him out in my precinct:p)

and the overall total for my county:

HUCK: 121
ROMMEL: 75
FRED: 47
RON PAUL: 37
McCAIN: 36
GIULIANI: 3
HUNTER: 1 (Baffling, I know:confused:)

So Ron got about 8.7% of the vote and a close fourth place with 320 votes cast.

I think that compares closely with the results so far.

We learn a few things from this: Iowa IS PACKED WITH JESUS FIRSTERS. This is already a strong intuition I had about the place, having lived here most of my 23 years.;) I imagine THE CHURCHES had a huge role in talking up Huckabee. That makes churches an immediate target for campaigning. NH could use some, but they aren't dominated by the Iowa-types from what I've heard. South Carolina, though? CRUCIAL. That means dig up Ron's statement of faith for sure, and for Catholic churches, his speeches about Pope John Paul II. I imagine LibertyEagle will fill you in on the links within a few seconds of me posting.;)

We learn that the internet is an amazing tool, but that the old folks mainly rely on the OLD MEDIA. So, the big phony coverage of Huckabee lately has worked perfectly, and for the proper demographic. It doesn't diminish us in New Hampshire at all, though, count on that.

We learn that waxing emo works. Don't be afraid to put some true personal reasons out there for why you support Ron Paul to people.

Forget not also that Ron visited here less than NH for a reason. To get 10% (or so, my little girl demanded to see Sesame Street, so I'm not up on the numbers beyond half an hour ago) without spending too much cash is a huge deal. I suspect had Ron wasted an extra $5 million here, he'd have captured an extra 3% at best. The campaign staff is loaded with smart people who know what they're doing. If you think Ron's done because Huckabee made off like a bandit here, you're very wrong. Ramp up donations, projects, efforts, conversions.

I also am glad to report that I became a delegate with no real effort while there. With a race as seriously wide open as the GOP's is right now, being a delegate breathes extra life into the chances of Ron's campaign. Do it. You'll meet up with your county GOP once, most likely. Big deal. It's so easy, and it really can swing things our way, so do it, and get anyone you know to become one as well. Your local GOP may just be a barebones outfit just begging for anyone to join.

I also wrote two statements that both passed voting. These will go up the chain and likely become 'planks' (scary that they call them that....) for the county GOP. "The Lee county GOP resolves to educate the public on the dangers of inflation and excessive government spending." "The Lee county GOP resolves to ardently support the Constitution and the rule of law and to protect liberty.":D

In other words, it's waaaaaaaay easy to get things done. Go for it.

Talcott
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
All good stratagies...you can't win with only utoob.

I frequent lefty's place's, hoping to persuade Obamites.

UtahApocalypse
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Great strategy:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72640

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Tell all Obama people in Michigan that Obama is not on the ballot there and there are no delegates so their vote won't count. That should convince a few of 'em.

Good call and opportunistic. Can you tihnk of a way to find Michigan Obama supporters for people outside the state? At the very least, Michigan posters/supporters need to be aware of this!

silverhandorder
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I bought my friend's vote with a slice of pizza. He says it will cost me another slice for general.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
I tried to tell you guys...

hawks4ronpaul
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM

What is Boomerthink?

Yes, boomerpork=financial security=monetarypolicy4dummies.

"It's the voter-turnout demographics, stupid."

Boomers/seniors use old media including newspapers.

Focus on:

1.Christians
2.defense
3.women

Go positive, morality/trust (RP, oath to Constitution), choice (in Social Security), financial security (effect of inflation on 401k over 40 years), no one thrown out on street during transitions.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Hey, HWSNBN(Ron Paul) is mentioned in more than one thread as a "winner" over at red state. Dont go inflating their hits, trust me.

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:31 AM
I think Ron Paul's fiscal record, views on civil liberties, and his honesty, are really enough to win the apathetic person over. We also do indeed need to stress his DIFFERENCES, especially in places like NH, etc. Some of those differences are even ones that make him MORE conservative than some of the other candidates.

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey, HWSNBN(Ron Paul) is mentioned in more than one thread as a "winner" over at red state. Dont go inflating their hits, trust me.

HWSNBN?

Dave Pedersen
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Yes, boomerpork=financial security=monetarypolicy4dummies.

"It's the voter-turnout demographics, stupid."

Boomers/seniors use old media including newspapers.

1.Christians
2.defense
3.women

Go positive, choice (in Social Security), financial security.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Ok here's an idea. Everyone has free access to local newspaper opinion pages. Not just in their own home town but ALL newspapers throughout the country.

This access is via the internet and is free. Therefore we the grassroots can do this:

Search out the websites of local news papers (the ones all the oldsters read religiously) they check the crime page and the obituaries and a lot of them read the letters to the editor too.

And state your concerns about the social security mess our government is in. Just state your concerns plainly like you are approaching retirement because you will be before you know it anyway even if you don't think so.. anyway just voice your concerns and your general distrust of the candidates and of politicians and the fact that spending is out of control..

In Boomerthink this can and will be digested. This is not fearmongering. This is doing what Ron Paul is doing, saying the truth.. we are heading into a financial crises which will leave the social security system totally inop. What will the social landscape look like with no social security? Think about it. More importantly bring this to the minds of everyone with grey hair you talk to. See grey hair? Shift into Boomerthink. Write a letter to the editor of every newspaper in your state over the next few days. Buy some stamps and stick the stamps to some envelopes and snailmail them. Then check your website bookmarks and see your comments in print.

Old folks read local print. They want to know about local crime and local obituaries like I said and they will read these things and they will digest this important message. Try to write like you are a Boomer too. Like just maybe Ron Paul might be the best choice? Maybe? Like I said you will be 50 before you blink twice.

From someone who just turned 50 to all of you.

Thanks

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
HWSNBN?

He who shall not be named.

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Ok here's an idea. Everyone has free access to local newspaper opinion pages. Not just in their own home town but ALL newspapers throughout the country.

This access is via the internet and is free. Therefore we the grassroots can do this:

Search out the websites of local news papers (the ones all the oldsters read religiously) they check the crime page and the obituaries and a lot of them read the letters to the editor too.

And state your concerns about the social security mess our government is in. Just state your concerns plainly like you are approaching retirement because you will be before you know it anyway even if you don't think so.. anyway just voice your concerns and your general distrust of the candidates and of politicians and the fact that spending is out of control..

In Boomerthink this can and will be digested. This is not fearmongering. This is doing what Ron Paul is doing, saying the truth.. we are heading into a financial crises which will leave the social security system totally inop. What will the social landscape look like with no social security? Think about it. More importantly bring this to the minds of everyone with grey hair you talk to. See grey hair? Shift into Boomerthink. Write a letter to the editor of every newspaper in your state over the next few days. Buy some stamps and stick the stamps to some envelopes and snailmail them. Then check your website bookmarks and see your comments in print.

Old folks read local print. They want to know about local crime and local obituaries like I said and they will read these things and they will digest this important message. Try to write like you are a Boomer too. Like just maybe Ron Paul might be the best choice? Maybe? Like I said you will be 50 before you blink twice.

From someone who just turned 50 to all of you.

Thanks

Yes, ive always thought there should be some sort of coordinated "letter-to-the-editor" type efforts in EVERY state, simply to get name recognition up and to get people thinking about these issues and putting Ron Paul's name in their head. I've had one letter published in a local town paper, though barely anyone reads the section i got it printed in. I also tried the big, prestigious paper - the Hartford Courant - but to no avail :-(

Driftar
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Yes, ive always thought there should be some sort of coordinated "letter-to-the-editor" type efforts in EVERY state, simply to get name recognition up and to get people thinking about these issues and putting Ron Paul's name in their head. I've had one letter published in a local town paper, though barely anyone reads the section i got it printed in. I also tried the big, prestigious paper - the Hartford Courant - but to no avail :-(

I agree with this. (oh and overall bump for a good, productive, positive thread)