PDA

View Full Version : Message From A Very New Paul Supporter

Runnerguy
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
As an American who felt it was my duty to vote I wanted to make an informed choice, but after looking at my options I had grown tired of these bought-out media pushed politicians and had not planned on voting in the primary elections.

This afternoon as I was watching the news I heard them mention Ron Paul. Huckabee, Clinton, Guilinaii, Obama, I knew them all. Sure I had seen stickers everywhere with his name, but I had never really heard about what Ron Paul stands for and who he was. I looked up a video of him and thought it was to good to be true. I looked up more and I was shocked! Somebody that actually stood for America, and didn''t sell out when money was waved in his face, or abandon his principles when facing opposition during the debate clips I saw.

This was somebody that would'nt stop fighting for me no matter the opposition, or greedy corporations trying to buy him off. Whether a million people are fans of him or I'm the only one someone that will stand for America like that deserves my support. In what was the easiest decision I've made I decided I would do everything I could to support Ron Paul.

Not knowing the size of his following I expected him to get 1% of the vote. I was shocked to find out he beat Guilianni with 10%! In a place like Iowa, which I now found out was his weakest state! I decided if elderly people in Iowa can wait in cold weather in Iowa to vote for corporate cronies, I sure as hell will be in line during the Florida caucus voting for Ron Paul the politician, but more so Ron Paul the man.

Thank You Ron Paul

yongrel
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
This is the greatest post in the history of the board.

slantedview
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
thanks for your support. get as many as you can on the side of freedom in florida :)

ShowMeLiberty
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the revolution!

ItsTime
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
welcome to the forum. Ignore all the in fighting here and try to spread the word of Ron Paul the best way you see fit! To Freedom!

NMCB3
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Welcome. :D

scoot87
Ron Paul!!!! What a guy

Trigonx
TYTY, I'm soo glad to see these positive posts after all night of negative nancys

Oliver
+1 :) And welcome on Board. :)

By the way:

Are there any statistics about how many people vote in which state in the past?
From what I heard, there were just 140,000 republican voters in Iowa?

MadViking10
Woooooooooooot :D

crhoades
Welcome aboard!

JordanL
01-03-2008, 11:52 PM

+1

RSLudlum
welcome, good to see you here. Now go out and join your local meetup!!! :)

liberty_Forever
Thank you for your support! Please help spread our message in Florida!

Paulite5112007
Awesome!

pinkmandy
You are most welcome here and thank you for lifting my spirits! That 10% IS important and gives many "permission" to vote for him.

daniroyer
Welcome!

Try to find a meetup in your area and lend a hand. :)

pickfair
Welcome, and thank you for the post!!

Dorfsmith
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM
This post put a smile on my face :cool::cool::cool:

argounova
AWESOME! welcome

what a heartwarming post <3

OptionsTrader
As an American who felt it was my duty to vote I wanted to make an informed choice, but after looking at my options I had grown tired of these bought-out media pushed politicians and had not planned on voting in the primary elections.

This afternoon as I was watching the news I heard them mention Ron Paul. Huckabee, Clinton, Guilinaii, Obama, I knew them all. Sure I had seen stickers everywhere with his name, but I had never really heard about what Ron Paul stands for and who he was. I looked up a video of him and thought it was to good to be true. I looked up more and I was shocked! Somebody that actually stood for America, and didn''t sell out when money was waved in his face, or abandon his principles when facing opposition during the debate clips I saw.

This was somebody that would'nt stop fighting for me no matter the opposition, or greedy corporations trying to buy him off. Whether a million people are fans of him or I'm the only one someone that will stand for America like that deserves my support. In what was the easiest decision I've made I decided I would do everything I could to support Ron Paul.

Not knowing the size of his following I expected him to get 1% of the vote. I was shocked to find out he beat Guilianni with 10%! In a place like Iowa, which I now found out was his weakest state! I decided if elderly people in Iowa can wait in cold weather in Iowa to vote for corporate cronies, I sure as hell will be in line during the Florida caucus voting for Ron Paul the politician, but more so Ron Paul the man.

Thank You Ron Paul

Welcome to the best addiction of your life.

Liberty.

Click the Quiz link in my signature and tell me what you score :)

szczebrzeszyn
Great post, welcome!

Spirit of '76
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM

Thank You Ron Paul

Wonderful! Welcome aboard the Liberty Express! :D

nullvalu
Nice Post! Welcome to the forum.

God.. Paul really needs to be on TV more.. that poor old man.. :D ;)

thegr8drronpaul
Thanks for taking time to post. Bring all your friends to vote!

kutibah
Welcome to the revolution! Help spread it!

Mahkato
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Welcome!

Now get to work (http://ronpaulgateway.com/Florida)! :)

Voluntaryist

QFMFT

JMO
I agree that this is one of the better stories. I just hope the message spreads before its too late. Ron Paul is a great message.

Mandrik
Runnerguy, congratulations. You just won the internet. Welcome aboard, bro! :D

Xonox
Now ain't that the truth. SPREAD THE R3V01UTION

Paulitical Correctness
+1mil

ronpaulblogsdotcom
Welcome - the waters fine, bring your friends. Try to ignore the crazies if you want to, freedom is a little surprising sometimes.

I have heard a lot about Florida. I expect great things there for Ron Paul. Have fun and make sure to checkout meetup for local people and go meet them. They post great videos and pics, blimp is there often.

Go Florida

peacemonger
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM

Thank You Ron Paul

I'm really glad you decided to join us. Welcome to the forum.

Trigonx
Runnerguy, congratulations. You just won the internet. Welcome aboard, bro! :D

QFT

greendiseaser
TROLL. 1 Post. BAN
http://www.maximumtailgating.com/stories/authorpics/151cf0812c01f02e355d9fe92638573a.jpg
rofl.
had to say that.
how many times have we heard that here, about ANY 1post thread poster?

great post.
:D

sandman223
All the people who have been negative about today's results need to read this post.
We have not yet begun to fight.

pacelli

Thank You Ron Paul

Welcome to the revolution :) Glad to have you aboard!

AdamT
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Thank you. And welcome.

Young_Apprentice
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Welcome.

Make sure to ask questions on any issues you want clarified.

usmcZ
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM

;):D

Welcome. Enjoy and help spread the word!

amonasro
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Welcome. We are not normally this crazy :D

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
bump

xerxesdarius
I wish my first post was as insightful. It was probably something like "OMG I can't believe we filled the quill!!1!!11!!

knappz
Welcome... Great post!

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I wish my first post was as insightful. It was probably something like "OMG I can't believe we filled the quill!!1!!11!!

hahahaha

yongrel
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM

My first post made fun of Giuliani. Next best thing :D

Airborn
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
sweet! Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 12:06 AM
welcome and repost this in the grassroots forum...

Hangly Man
01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
We're changing the country, one person at a time.

Hangly Man
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM

I think my first post was probably "blimp."

RonPaulCult
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM

+1

Runnerguy
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Thank you John for the Florida links, and thank you all for the welcome to the board! Wow so many unexpected replies! It seems that the attention is more indicative about who Ron Paul is(I had no idea he had this kind of support) and less about the quality of the post!

Thanks again for the welcome guys. It appears that I've got some work to do but suddenly it doesn't seem quite so hard.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Lovin' the new folks! Welcome!!!

dannno
01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
im in ca, i've been wearing down one of my friends for a while who has been undecided.. i just got a text message from him: "Im for sure reging gop so i can vote for [ron paul]"

let's do this.

mkrfctr
01-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Ignore all the in fighting here

Don't listen to this guy, he's the son of a monkey and has no clue wtf he's talking about. :-P

Dieseler
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM

Thank You Ron Paul

You my friend are a breath of fresh air, Thank you for that and
welcome to the Revolution. :)

ST0PandL00K
01-04-2008, 12:59 AM
you pwn man! now you just need to take up the RP challenge and convert 10 others, who convert 10 more, who convert 10 more...

Cinci4RP
01-04-2008, 01:02 AM

Thank You Ron Paul

Welcome to the R3VOLution!

I am glad I got back up and read this post. I needed it.

We WILL win this and get OUR COUNTRY back.

V4Vendetta
01-04-2008, 01:02 AM
welcome to the Revolution myfriend.... may the coming months bring you to a whole new world of knowledge.... our fight does not stop with ron paul.

Runnerguy
01-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Haven't heard of the Ron Paul challenge but I will do my best to stand by anybody that takes a stand for America. Bumper stickers, talking to people about Ron Paul, bringing friends to the caucus to vote for him. I'll do my best, and thats all I've ever asked of any politician. They don't have to be superman and change the world just have there heart in what America is and its people. It's Ron

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Haven't heard of the Ron Paul challenge but I will do my best to stand by anybody that takes a stand for America. Bumper stickers, talking to people about Ron Paul, bringing friends to the caucus to vote for him. I'll do my best, and thats all I've ever asked of any politician. They don't have to be superman and change the world just have there heart in what America is and its people. It's Ron

thats a great way of looking at it. Even if people disagree with rons individual stances, he admits in every way he will respect the constitutional limits of his power. Theres not much else you can ask for from a president than that.

I like this thread :-D

Runnerguy
01-04-2008, 02:00 AM
I Just made a lunch meeting with a few friends tomorrow. Time to pull the Ron card!

Bryan
01-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Welcome to the forum and the r3volution! :) Great first post. :)

Welcome. We are not normally this crazy :D
LOL. So true.

purplechoe
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the rEVOLution my friend! Spread the word to friends, family, neighbors, etc.. Donate to ronpaul2008.com. Join a local meet up group and watch the rEVOLution spread.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

abruzz0
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
This is the kind of thing we have to remain focused on. After one caucus, people are already in a reactionary uproar. Keep in mind, Ron Paul has been putting up with this nonsense for decades, but has never waivered. We must be strong like Ron, and keep pushing forward. Let's win New Hampshire.

raiha
01-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Heloo Mr Runnerman, great that you posted all the above. Perspective is not to be over rated!

cheese
01-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Awesome post

JohnnyWrath
01-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Welcome to the revolution!

+1

DRSANGLE
01-04-2008, 04:17 AM
First sentence, of the introduction of Common Sense, Thomas Paine January 1776

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not YET sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favour; a long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it a superficial appearance of being RIGHT, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom."

kaleidoscope eyes
01-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Welcome friend, I'm with you 100% on these sentiments!

noztnac
01-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Welcome!!!!!

Kingfisher
01-04-2008, 06:10 AM
You are now a Patriot. Welcome!!!

joenaab
01-04-2008, 06:37 AM
great post. welcome. we've all gone through exactly what you've just been through. Together we will see to it that every American has this awakening in 2008.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Thank you runnerguy, what a nice post to wake up to. Welcome to the R3volution!

Runnerguy
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
I just got one Paul convert! Best 24 hours ever! Oh the Magic of Paul...

qednick
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000 :d

bulloncoins
01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Viva the R3volution!.....

DrNoZone
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the r3volution!

To all of you negative nanny's, THIS is why we should be optimistic (among other reasons)!!

fabijo
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
This is just too awesome! Runnerguy, thanks for the inspiration. Last night was almost depressing, because of how discouraged some people sounded.

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Welcome aboard! You've no doubt heard about the money bombs. Now we need a volunteer bomb!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/join

acptulsa
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
We need to lay off the new threads 'till we've looked over the board and made sure we really have something to add. Meanwhile--bump this puppy!

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:03 AM

Thank You Ron Paul

You represent r last hope

IowaSupport
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Holy crap, bump. Thank you for my afternoon goosebumps and welcome to the cause.

Runnerguy
01-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Just wow! Ron supporters are amazing