PDA

View Full Version : This couldn't be any more perfect

Naraku
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
It didn't turn out quite as I expected, had we turned out just 50% more, well within our capacity, we would have gotten third. However, now comes the more interesting part of New Hampshire.

In a way the results from Iowa have helped us in New Hampshire a lot. The polls in Iowa over all showed us about where we were without high turnout of younger voters.

New Hampshire shows us in a very similar position. On the other hand there's an advantage in these results.

Romney is ultimately going to be hurt and he's going to go on the attack against McCain, Giuliani has also seen a rise in New Hampshire. Huckabee may get a little rise from this win and Thompson may as well.

It could mean a leveling of the playing field by bringing everyone down lower and others up. In this sense Ron Paul would benefit a great deal especially if things are better organized in New Hampshire than Iowa.

If Huckabee and Giuliani generally stay low and Mitt Romney goes down a little it leaves a possible opening for third or second.

pinkmandy
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I think RP should go on offense against the Dems and let the Repubs fight amongst themselves. JMHO.

trey4sports
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
WE need to attack the others!

peacemonger
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't know. There are a lot of independents in Iowa. If Obama gets most of them like he did in Iowa, then we could get our butts kicked.

I'm in this for the long haul but I don't expect us to get much love from the GOP.

No worries.

peacemonger
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
i meant NH has a lot of independents too. oops

Xonox
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
McCain is already getting attacked in NH for supporting Taxes... if the independents like that they may opt for Ron Paul instead... There is always the Obama factor though... but Hillary is doing all she can to bring him down... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope she's successfull.

margomaps
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I think RP should go on offense against the Dems and let the Repubs fight amongst themselves. JMHO.

I can't turn on the radio here in NH without hearing a ton of Ron Paul commercials. The most recent attacks the immigration records of Huckabee, Romney, Giuliani, and McCain. Other ads are more subtle about which is the "real conservative" or "real Republican" -- while simultaneously belittling unnamed candidates for being "just like the liberals."

So, Ron's doing it all in NH. I don't know if it's working, but he's bought a huge amount of radio air time here.