PDA

View Full Version : Let me explain something to you

aravoth
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Iowa picked Huckabee. Good for them, they can keep him. Which is exactly what is going to happen. He's done, he's broke, he's not going anywhere. Write the media creation off right now, because after tonight, he'll spend the rest of his cash in early primary states that won't net him one single vote.

Romney was smoked, humiliated, beaten by a guy that freed a rapist, who ran off and murdered someone. He went balls in in Iowa, and unless he starts cutting himself some serious checks, he's done also.

The ghoul, nothing to say about him, he's probably almost out of money, fuck him, he's done.

Thompson also went balls in, how much left for New Hampshire do you think he has? He's been in Iowa for how long? Has anyone even seen this guy in New Hampshire?

Mccain, your number one enemy right now. Strong showing in Iowa, barely in front of our guy, Except that he has less cash and tried to grant amnesty to 12 million illegals.

So what happened tonight? Our guy finished 5th(at this moment), right in line with the straw poll. So what does that mean? Do we now base support on every straw poll in every state? Go back and look at the results of every straw poll, I think you'll think different about this.

We all knew this was a huge uphill battle. I'll be fighting it until I'm taking a dirt nap, and then my Kids will stand up and fight it for me. This isn't over, not by a long shot.

60% of Iowans are evangelicals, duh, wonder who they are going to vote for. A state with less of a population than the city I live in is not a broad spectrum analysis of the whole country.

We're fighting this to save a Nation, not pander to a state. Get your heads screwed on right. We have to Focus on New Hampshire, make the calls, you have 5 days to send mailings, 5 days to write to the editor of every major newspaper, and 5 days to call the local media. New Hampshire is very Libertarian, more so than most states. If you're pissed about the outcome tonight, then pull yourself up by your bootstraps and start pounding some dirt.

ronpaulfan
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
If anyone didn't know, Ron Paul won over 50% of the Republican Straw polls

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

slantedview
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Excellent post!

GO RON PAUL!

Paul10
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM

MsDoodahs
01-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Puts it in perspective. :)

newbitech
thompson i believe came out of no where and I totally agree McCain is public enemy #1. I think S. Carolina is going to be a key battle ground state as well as FL.

We need to beat McCain in N.H., Romney in MI, Thompson in S.C., and Rudy in FL.

Jodi
Everyone needs to become a delegate!!!!!!!!

AdamT
Well put aravoth.

OptionsTrader
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
By the way, we won at least one county (Jefferson, is it a sign?) in that unwinnable state :D

worldtruthfreedom
Great post. Well said. Hope you're right

liberty_Forever
I'm driving to New Hampshire

thegr8drronpaul
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Very well put - thanks for the post. We were too optimistic on Iowa and maybe didn't really understand their demographics. Definitely a disappointed for RP turnout, but the Evangelical Christian factor ... I don't know if many people predicted quite that much impact. Things will get better, stay positive people.

yongrel
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Aravoth, I can always count on you to put things in perspective.

I'm still a little upset with the campaign (for pushing the abortion issue) but now I'm happy in general. We did respectably tonight.

Wyoming, here we come!

yongrel
01-03-2008, 11:42 PM
bump

aravoth
01-03-2008, 11:44 PM
How is he done? He's already got money. The media gave him all the attention he needed. Everyone knows about him. Not so with Paul. That's why he's low in national polls.

Oh yeah he has money, until his checks bounce. You think you told the media he wouldn't run that attack ad, and then ran it for them because he had all the money in the world? He used the media to perpetrate a non-story because he went balls in. Don't believe me? Stay tuned.....

RonPaulFTFW
01-03-2008, 11:45 PM
good post.

made me feel better.

I'm not going to give up........but i think the campaign needs to try harder.

Tidewise
01-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Great post. Those Iowa Huckleheads knew that Ron Paul wasn't going to be handing out farm subsidies any more.

What if the founders had given up when their first battle wasn't an absolute crushing victory?

margomaps
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM
A state with less of a population than the city I live in is not a broad spectrum analysis of the whole country.

Either Troutdale, Oregon just experienced a massive population explosion, or you moved to a much larger city and forgot to update your profile. :D

C-Dogg
01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Iowa picked Huckabee. Good for them, they can keep him. Which is exactly what is going to happen. He's done, he's broke, he's not going anywhere. Write the media creation off right now, because after tonight, he'll spend the rest of his cash in early primary states that won't net him one single vote.

Romney was smoked, humiliated, beaten by a guy that freed a rapist, who ran off and murdered someone. He went balls in in Iowa, and unless he starts cutting himself some serious checks, he's done also.

The ghoul, nothing to say about him, he's probably almost out of money, fuck him, he's done.

Thompson also went balls in, how much left for New Hampshire do you think he has? He's been in Iowa for how long? Has anyone even seen this guy in New Hampshire?

Mccain, your number one enemy right now. Strong showing in Iowa, barely in front of our guy, Except that he has less cash and tried to grant amnesty to 12 million illegals.

So what happened tonight? Our guy finished 5th(at this moment), right in line with the straw poll. So what does that mean? Do we now base support on every straw poll in every state? Go back and look at the results of every straw poll, I think you'll think different about this.

We all knew this was a huge uphill battle. I'll be fighting it until I'm taking a dirt nap, and then my Kids will stand up and fight it for me. This isn't over, not by a long shot.

60% of Iowans are evangelicals, duh, wonder who they are going to vote for. A state with less of a population than the city I live in is not a broad spectrum analysis of the whole country.

We're fighting this to save a Nation, not pander to a state. Get your heads screwed on right. We have to Focus on New Hampshire, make the calls, you have 5 days to send mailings, 5 days to write to the editor of every major newspaper, and 5 days to call the local media. New Hampshire is very Libertarian, more so than most states. If you're pissed about the outcome tonight, then pull yourself up by your bootstraps and start pounding some dirt.

Huckabee just won himself a golden ATM card with unlimited withdrawals and a picture of Jesus on it playing bass guitar. Anyway, he won with little money, so, who cares about money? Other than that, I agree with you.

Chester Copperpot
01-04-2008, 12:01 AM

BEST POST of the night.. Gee all that and you make great videos too! HEH!

angrydragon
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Aravoth is a like a father that smacks sense into kids.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
The ONLY thing i say is this:

What good is the cash if the campaign is clueless on how to use it.

We could use some "Stop Dreaming" & "House of Cards" infomercials late at night.

That's all we need, get the freaking message out there.

You have the cash, just get it out there.

sasha_2008
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Thank you for the post.

XelR8r
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks bro...

Bump

aravoth
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
The ONLY thing i say is this:

What good is the cash if the campaign is clueless on how to use it.

We could use some "Stop Dreaming" & "House of Cards" infomercials late at night.

That's all we need, get the freaking message out there.

You have the cash, just get it out there.

I have asked, time and again for anyone to get me the high def footage for the clips I used. Doesn't even need to be high def, Hell 640X480 would look great on a dvd player. I could be done in 5 mintutes, and thirty seconds later it would be up on the torrent networks for everyone to download.

Xonox
01-04-2008, 12:15 AM
We're fighting this to save a Nation, not pander to a state.

Well said.

davidhperry
01-04-2008, 12:18 AM
If anyone didn't know, Ron Paul won over 50% of the Republican Straw polls

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

And he came in first in the two that were held in NH. :)

RPatTheBeach
01-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I like your thinking.

My only fear is that South Carolina is going to have very similar results. LOTS of Huck signs turning up all over the place here.

hankpyro
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
aravoth, I am in agreement that the other candidates are broke and they all have major flaws. Major. But we could have done better than fifth.

Exarel
01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Great post! Off to the streets!

qwerty
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Totally agree!

Whining about Iowa doesn´t get us ANYWHERE!

We need to get more name recognition, go canvas!!!!

:cool:

wfd40
01-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Can we please sticky this mother f'in thread! Out of all the "chin up team" threads, this is seriously the only one that made me feel any better (not to say the other posts weren't good as well)

McCain is ENEMY NUMBER 1 guys... and while I'd love to see grassroots come up with some sort of strategy to address such, unfortunately HQ is going to have to deal with this on their own.

Avs, any thoughts on how to proceed commercially speaking?? Attack or stay positive?? I feel as though McCain has so many friggin chics in his MSM-created armor. The guy is on the record saying some pretty AWFUL things that voters in NH would have serious problems with. If produced and delivered correctly, do you think such an offensive move would work??

justatrey
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Nice post, and by the way, thanks for the videos on You Tube.

I would still be an Obama supporter if it weren't for the "Stop Dreaming" vid!

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Everyone needs to become a delegate!!!!!!!!

Yes they do. They need to stop all the pointless threads and talk about becoming precinct captains and delegates. Make RP our next president, don't just hope for it!

werdd
01-04-2008, 10:23 AM

+1 im around for the long haul

jjschless
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM

+1

Cyclone177
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
+99999999999999

This is the best thread all day. The people at my caucus were so OLD. And the younger guys (2) were all about God and Family. They said RP was the 2nd choice though. Ron needs to flesh out his pull all troops out of everywhere theme. It scares people.

Iowa is over, now we need to focus on beating the sh!% out of John "S&L" McCain. This guy is "the establishment". I loved Ron's line about Washington not changing him. The campaign needs to go on the ATTACK against this guy.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah he has money, until his checks bounce. You think you told the media he wouldn't run that attack ad, and then ran it for them because he had all the money in the world? He used the media to perpetrate a non-story because he went balls in. Don't believe me? Stay tuned.....

Aravoth - consider yourself invited to this grassroots coalition group

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Avs, any thoughts on how to proceed commercially speaking?? Attack or stay positive?? I feel as though McCain has so many friggin chics in his MSM-created armor. The guy is on the record saying some pretty AWFUL things that voters in NH would have serious problems with. If produced and delivered correctly, do you think such an offensive move would work??

IF you go on the attack, don't associate it with the good doctor. I've got 4 videos about other candidates, and none of those videos mention Ron Paul. I'd be careful with any "comparison" ads unless they are extremely well fact-checked.

nc4rp
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Paul supporters didnt give up their christmas, food, and gas money to give up now. they are inherently in it for the long haul. this aing no Rudy campaign where people will sell out to the next candidate, we are fierce and commited.

become a precicnt captain, and get out there. - voters.ronpaul2008.com

raiha
01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Mccain, your number one enemy right now.

Don't worry! His alzheimers is kicking in :D

sasha_2008
01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
bump

Suzu
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I wanna hear about how Troutdale, Oregon has more people in it than the state of Iowa!

aravoth
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I wanna hear about how Troutdale, Oregon has more people in it than the state of Iowa!

It would be called the Portland metro area. That's Troutdale out to Hillsboro, Vancouver to Oregon city.

j6p
01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
At least Ron Got two delegates from Iowa. If Ron does well in wyoming tommrow he will get more delegates putting us in a good postion for NH.

jp5065
01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
one problem with the "look at the other straw polls" argument is that the Iowa straw poll, polled almost 15,000 people... a lot of the other straw polls Paul won were in the 100's.

Not trying to be a downer, just some perspective.

Uriah
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM
At least Ron Got two delegates from Iowa. If Ron does well in wyoming tommrow he will get more delegates putting us in a good postion for NH.

Paul has not gotten any delegates from Iowa yet. Delegates have only been selected on the precinct level. The county conventions are on March 8 which elect delegates to the district and from there to the state. There are a total of 40 delegates from Iowa that go to the national convention.

I am a delegate and in my county Paul got at least 40% of the delegates that will meet at the county convention. He has done much better in Iowa than you think. It doesn't really matter what the general vote was. The delegates determine the nomination. I will work my hardest to make sure he has at least half of the delegates from this state.

brianbb98
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
The thing is... huckabee isnt broke.. or he wont be now that the money is starting to come in more...

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_month.png

Birdlady
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
one problem with the "look at the other straw polls" argument is that the Iowa straw poll, polled almost 15,000 people... a lot of the other straw polls Paul won were in the 100's.

Not trying to be a downer, just some perspective.

And in a lot of those we loaded the room with RP supporters on purpose. The one he won in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, I guess the meetup started calling EVERYONE they knew when they heard there would be a straw poll at the end. Well no kidding RP won it then.

I assure you that western PA won't be friendly to RP. We are heavily neo-con with people driving around with W and Bush stickers still on their cars. So these straw polls are kind of stupid to rely on in my opinion.

He's done, he's broke, he's not going anywhere.

Huckabee has made a decent amount of money yesterday and today. I am not trying to be a downer, but the information is out there.
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_yesterday.html

Edit: Oh poster above me embedded it. Even better.

aravoth
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
And in a lot of those we loaded the room with RP supporters on purpose. The one he won in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, I guess the meetup started calling EVERYONE they knew when they heard there would be a straw poll at the end. Well no kidding RP won it then.

I assure you that western PA won't be friendly to RP. We are heavily neo-con with people driving around with W and Bush stickers still on their cars. So these straw polls are kind of stupid to rely on in my opinion.

Huckabee has made a decent amount of money yesterday and today. I am not trying to be a downer, but the information is out there.
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_yesterday.html

Edit: Oh poster above me embedded it. Even better.

OK, watch what happens to him in New hampshire. Or wyoming, or any state for that matter.