PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson County Success

slamhead
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Lets find out what they did different in Jefferson County. This can be key. Perhaps it is the demographics but even so they did a great job of getting the message out.

Analysis please.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 02:27 AM
bump

yongrel
01-04-2008, 02:28 AM
We're movin' on up!

slamhead
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
bump

Mani
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
The Jefferson county thread last night said that's where the university is, remember RP got 21% of 17-29 year olds.

curtisag
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
It's the people that live there, not anything Paul did. They named the county after Jefferson, which is one of the best non-interventionist Presidents we've ever had. At least, that's my theory.

Mortikhi
01-04-2008, 10:08 AM
They dont grow corn in Jefferson county, they grow brain cells.

slamhead
01-04-2008, 10:14 AM
No actually what we should learn is that advertising in local papers works. From that thread.

Few people in Jefferson County read the Des Moines Register so ad buys there don't reach the rural folk hardly at all. The small local papers have very little political advertising and would love to have the business. And it is CHEAP. We had an ad in the weekly paper 8 column inches for $55 a week for 13 weeks straight. And change the ad every week. We ran larger ads in the daily paper as well. Some are at: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/267/files/

We did a newspaper insert printed 2 sides letter size paper - RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP way to reach 2500 people - so much cheaper than direct mail. Those mail items the campaign sends must have cost a fortune, by comparison an insert cost us $150 to reach 2500 plus $120 for photocopying or under 11 cents per household. These local orientated messages I think are way more effective than direct mail.

RoyalShock
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
There was an article in the KC Star this week talking about how the "Transcendental Meditation" campus was there. The "students" make up a sizable chunk (1/3rd) of the population. The article referred the them as "deep thinkers", but I'm not sure if it meant it that way or if it was being sarcastic.

At any rate, it said that there was much support there for Paul. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that will only further the "kooks and nuts" stereotype.

Bern
01-04-2008, 10:19 AM
No actually what we should learn is that advertising in local papers works. From that thread.

Few people in Jefferson County read the Des Moines Register so ad buys there don't reach the rural folk hardly at all. The small local papers have very little political advertising and would love to have the business. And it is CHEAP. We had an ad in the weekly paper 8 column inches for $55 a week for 13 weeks straight. And change the ad every week. We ran larger ads in the daily paper as well. Some are at: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/267/files/

We did a newspaper insert printed 2 sides letter size paper - RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP way to reach 2500 people - so much cheaper than direct mail. Those mail items the campaign sends must have cost a fortune, by comparison an insert cost us $150 to reach 2500 plus $120 for photocopying or under 11 cents per household. These local orientated messages I think are way more effective than direct mail.

Good info

Taco John
01-04-2008, 10:22 AM
This is why we won in Jefferson County:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation/story/416439.html

RoyalShock
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
This is why we won in Jefferson County:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation/story/416439.html

Yep. That's the article I was referring to.

Leslie Webb
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM

Okay, let's start a small town newspaper ad campaign for the county seats of all the key upcoming states.

IowaSupport
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
The folks at Maharishi (I assume that's who you're talking about) are very independent-minded. I've heard that they have their own currency, so Ron Paul's message would resonate deeply there. That, combined with the fact that there's almost zero significant population down in the rest of that area makes for a W.

cvaldiv1
01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
One of the towns is called libertyville. I think that explains a lot.

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 11:21 AM
They dont grow corn in Jefferson county, they grow brain cells.

Oh, snap! :D

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes, true.

werdd
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Thomas Jefferson county :). Im pretty sure the rest of iowa is eating some f'd up corn or something. Half the people i saw at those caucuses looked like they would be dead before the general election ends.