PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has 2 national delegates

WizarDave
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
According to
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R

Ron Paul has picked up 2 national delegates.
The total number of delegate votes needed to win the nomination is 1,191.

That's the main point of this post.
Here's some random ideas.

I'm from just south of Iowa in the state of Misery...
Oops I mean Missouri.
This has been in the news lately...
Missouri has picked the President for several elections.
Said another way...
As Missouri votes, so does the nation.
Bad news is the state is pretty strong Southern Baptist, so I'm afraid without a lot of work here, our primary will be similar to Iowa.

So, we have a lot of work to do!!!
Let's Roll!!!

My slim jims and yard signs came in today. The Ron Paul campaign is officially open in my town and county. Now when people see my Ron Paul button and ask "Who is Ron Paul?" (VERY COMMON question) I'll hand them something.
I'll do all I can do here. What's your plan of action?

Trigonx
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
that is what would be assigned to us if the state delegates portioned out their support in the same manner as the straw poll(the vote that took place today in Iowa). However the state delegates DO NOT have to follow the straw poll, so if the majority of the state delegates are RP supporters they will swing their support to Ron Paul in the Republican national Convention in September.

Hangly Man
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Five people on this board have said they were delegates. Dozens more are alternates.

Trigonx
01-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Five people on this board have said they were delegates. Dozens more are alternates.

they are county delegates that will be take place in the process at the state convention to chose the states 40 delegates

Jodi
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Is is possible that we actually did win?

Gimpster
01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
It's possible for sure Jodi......... it's sounding like a lot of RP supporters stuck around for delegate selection like I and my fellow supporters did. Most people left the caucus after the straw poll, ... which in the grand scheme of things isn't that important.

mavtek
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
So we've been awarded 2 delegate votes at the National, it's a start :)

Hangly Man
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
they are county delegates that will be take place in the process at the state convention to chose the states 40 delegates

Gah, this is so confusing.

The county delegates elect the district delegates elect the state delegates?
When do these elections take place?

CNN shows Hillary with 169 delegates (52%) so they must be reporting the county delegates. In that case we have at least 5.

Gimpster
01-03-2008, 11:44 PM
actually, no.. we havent :)

national delegate shavent been selected yet.

the county -> district and then state conventions must occur first.

Hangly Man
01-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Also godDAMN those Obama supporters for not sticking around after the straw poll. They're like the Deaniacs all over again.

WizarDave
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
How can states that haven't had primaries yet have delegates?
I'm so confused!

Hillary is showing 39 delegates from NY and more from all over.

cien750hp
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm so confused!

democratic process works differently than republican?

Sean
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm so confused!

In some states certain elected officials automatically become delegates. I assume those are officials that have come out to endorse Hillary.

nc4rp
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
iowa isnt over. they still have to have the county convention and the district and state conventions. alot of states are like that with several caucuses. Iowans still have 3 more conventions to attend before delegates are chosen. gotta stay on top, many of todays delegates will fail to attend the remaining conventions in Iowa!

determination until teh state convention could literally still win a large number of delegates, especially after they see NH and SC and NV.

its NOT over in iowa yet

Thom1776
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
That's 2 more than Rudy.

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74375