PDA

View Full Version : John Mayer?

G-Wohl
01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi Ron Paul supporters:

Too bad to hear about the loss in Iowa. I personally think it was too idealistic to think he would win in the top 3, so I am pleased that he beat out Guiliani, and that's even before all the votes have been tabulated! Also, remember that the delegates are the real important factors in this caucus, not the straw poll.

I just wanted to bring up one suggestion about a method we may want to use to draw more support. As we all know, John Mayer is an adamant Ron Paul supporter, and he is a big vehicle of young men and women in this country. Also, Obama gained a lot of votes from young/independent voters. Since many have suggested we get some of Obama's young/independent vote on the RP bandwagon, would it be too outrageous to reach out to John Mayer and see if he may be able to support Ron Paul's campaign? The national headquarters certainly has the funds to do this. I just think that this may prove to be a very helpful asset, just like how Chuck Norris has greatly helped out Mike Huckabee - it may help bring RP's message to the mainstream.

Thoughts?

newmedia4ron
01-03-2008, 11:09 PM
send letters. that is all. don't talk about just doing these things just do them. DO DO DO

G-Wohl
01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
send letters. that is all. don't talk about just doing these things just do them. DO DO DO

The reason I made this idea public is because I think that if we have a lot of vocal support for this, the campaign headquarters may be more convinced that it's a good idea.

G-Wohl
01-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Bump!

Talcott
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
yay John!

Considering the old world media blackout, I think Ron had a great showing.

G-Wohl
01-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Bump!

hasan
01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
we neeed to follow thru with our endorsement plans. if someone knows anyway of contacting john's manager please post it here.
i feel obligated to addd that although this is a great idea the best form of spreading the message would be door to door canvassing and letter writing and election of delegates. please focus on these issues

G-Wohl
01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
we neeed to follow thru with our endorsement plans. if someone knows anyway of contacting john's manager please post it here.
i feel obligated to addd that although this is a great idea the best form of spreading the message would be door to door canvassing and letter writing and election of delegates. please focus on these issues

I happen to live in Fairfield, CT - where he is from. I will see if I can get any information on contacting him.

I completely agree with your sentiment regarding where the efforts should be placed, but I think this could truly further our cause and truly benefit all of us.

hasan
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
thank you andrew

Cigaboo
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I saw a youtube video of John Mayer discussing Ron Paul with an actor while in a druken stupor, but where is the evidence he is an ardent Ron Paul supporter? Wouldn't he have publicly endorsed Ron Paul by now on his own volition, being a celebrity and all?

me3
01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
It's been discussed numerous times in dozens of threads.

Focus on recruiting voters and getting them registered with the GOP and the official campaign.