PDA

View Full Version : Important Message from Me(3)

me3
01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok, so like a lot of people, I was pretty emotional following the Iowa Caucus.

But now I have settled down, and I'm ready for a good night's sleep. Wake up tomorrow, perhaps with a bit of a sober disposition but by evening, be ready to throw myself back into the fray.

I just wanted to tell everyone, that although we hoped for a better finish, we did well. No, not as well as we wished, but we certainly did not embarrass ourselves today.

Now is the time, more than ever for people to stop pissing around with FOX News, online polls and whatever other sideshows we get drawn to.

We have to rally around the family, and each one of us personally needs to identify, register and bring 3 more voters to the polls. That is really all it is going to take to win. Quadrupling our numbers will do it.

But if we don't do this, and it will be harder for people in closed primary states, with party affiliation change deadlines and such already passed, we will not improve.

So please, dig deep, take heed of what some of the wiser people on this forum (not me) have to say, guys like Walt and Bradley (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72640) (unless they are being cranky :D ) and focus on doing what it takes to win.

Because I honestly believe, tonight we did not win, but we showed that we can, and all but two of the other candidates are on our level or lower, which makes us top 3 for sure.

Do what makes you feel good, but relentlessly campaign. And don't stop at "conversion". We're on the clock. These people must be registered, ready to vote, and "joined up" at the ronpaul2008.com website so they can be turned out on the night of the primary.

We're up against some very stupid and misguided opponents, and the soul of freedom is the captive we have to free. Trade your tin foil hats (j/k) for Slim Jims and Voter Registration forms. Make this happen and you will have changed the course of history, not just for this country, but for people around the world.

You can do it.

And if you're on the internet all of the time, and you haven't watched the training videos, then you're not helping the campaign. Register to volunteer at the ronpaul2008.com website and get access. You can only help the campaign, if you are doing the things that it takes to win, not voting in online polls.

In fact, the day we start polling better offline and our online polls start suffering is when the revolution will really have started, because it will prove that we can go beyond the internet.

Thanks for listening. See you tomorrow Paulunteers.

Nate K
01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
I hear ya, I'll be bringing in 8+ voters myself. Plus some slick advertising in a month or so.

We really need to take this to the next level if we wanna get anywhere.

Bryan
01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Great post me3. There are lessons to be learned here.

Mark
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
***NOT DIRECTED AT YOU me3***

We matched the Ames straw poll 5th place - we're within 3% of third place - We've WON MANY straw polls.

Can we make a "negative nanny" subforum to move all of the troll "giving up before we barely begin" threads?

Coming from someone who has been - on his own - ALONE -

AGAINST ALL ODDS AND WHO HAS TRIUMPHED CONTINUOUSLY - despite those odds -

Some of these losers are pathetic - they know NOTHING about being a WINNER!

BarryDonegan
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
yes, i vote for all the negative nancy threads to get moved to a relevant subforum. they are a distraction here from plans to up our numbers in other states.

Nate K
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
+1 for neg comments in subforum, someone make a thread issuing this.

Real_CaGeD
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Averyone that is an insider is against us, and we draw 10% from Bush country. It is on.

r3volution
01-03-2008, 11:26 PM
we lost a battle , but not the war !

me3
01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Couldn't sleep, starting to get pumped up all over again.

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST, Click on Bradley's name and keep close to your heart, this quote I borrowed off of LewRockwell.com

Thomas Paine said: "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

xerxesdarius
01-04-2008, 12:59 AM
http://www.chronique.com/Library/Knights/crispen.htm

Mark
01-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Couldn't sleep, starting to get pumped up all over again.

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST, Click on Bradley's name and keep close to your heart, this quote I borrowed off of LewRockwell.com

Any Given Sunday - Peace by Inches - Pacino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

me3
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Please Read The First Post!

Original_Intent
01-04-2008, 02:06 PM
"A people may prefer a free government, but if, from indolence, or carelessness, or cowardice, or want of public spirit, they are unequal to the exertions necessary for preserving it; if they will not fight for it when it is directly attacked; if they can be deluded by the artifices used to cheat them out of it; if by momentary discouragement, or temporary panic, or a fit of enthusiasm for an individual, they can be induced to lay their liberties at the feet even of a great man, or trust him with powers which enable him to subvert their institutions; in all these cases they are more or less unfit for liberty: and though it may be for their good to have had it even for a short time, they are unlikely long to enjoy it." -- John Stuart Mill

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of power. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
-- Daniel Webster

"Maybe I did well and maybe I led the battle but nobody ever said we were going to win this thing at any point in time. Eternal vigilance is required and there have to be people who step up to the plate, who believe in liberty, and who are willing to fight for it." -- Milton Friedman

and finally the REST of the quote by Thomas Paine -

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated."
-- Thomas Paine, “The Crisis”, December 23rd, 1776

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Go here:

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

raiha
01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Bump

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
we lost a battle , but not the war !

bleh. GHOULIANI lost the battle in Iowa. He started the battle when he called out Paul on the debate floor, and we finished the battle by gaining two delegates with Ghoulface gaining zero.

Iowa was our finishing off of Ghouliani. Our next battle is against McCain.