PDA

View Full Version : Is RP's age any concern to anyone?

Akus
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Just wondering...

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
His parents lived well into their 90s.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 01:06 PM
no concern here.

FreedomLover
07-16-2007, 01:08 PM
He says he's an excersize freak, and he's a doctor to boot. Not to mention he looks younger than mccain or reagan when he was elected.

Craig_R
07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
not to me

mdh
07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Obviously still fine in the mental faculties department.

Buzz
07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
His parents lived well into their 90s.

And he's an MD for crying out loud... he'll live to 100 easily. :D

peruvianRP
07-16-2007, 01:11 PM
jeez he is sharp a a 30 y old.

Dan Klaus
07-16-2007, 01:11 PM
no. carry on.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Did you see how good he looked at the rally in Mountain View CA? Looking good, and I do mean good.

beermotor
07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it doesn't bother me either. But he probably should balance his ticket with someone a little younger, if for no other reason than to potentially train up another liberty-president after his two terms. ;)

Johnnybags
07-16-2007, 01:16 PM
He is in the midyears of his life and is completely incoherent? The good Dr. can quote facts and figures from 100 years ago, sharp as a tack, and I'd like to see a respectable older woman in the Whitehouse anyway, not some ex stripper or cheating Hussie? Heck, Ghoulianis kids hate him or at least his "adams family" courtison wife.

kylejack
07-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I refuse to hold the youth and inexperience of Ron Paul's opponents against them. ;)

bloggershaven
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I would like to ad a little something here on that note it seems today we dont elect a candidate based on thier experiance or how they have voted on the issues or how well their political carrer has been. Now its about age and this one is funny the looks of the first lady like fred's wife. It seems only a certain group of people care more about the issues and their opinion on the candidates prospectives for being president. Ron Paul plays on his merits not his health or how his wife looks, which is why ron paul is needed to change they way the press makes people think.

The press always has something to say for the reason they are bored anymore, i am sure when ron paul wins the primary they will attack his age and health but they will not speak of his voting record which matters more then his age. Everyone needs to focus on the issues not anything else they are nothing but distratcion paid for by their oppents.

Kuldebar
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Both his parents lived into their 90's. Longevity is often hereditary.

Paul was born in Green Tree, Pennsylvania (southwest of Pittsburgh), to Howard Caspar Paul (1904–1997), the son of a German immigrant, and Margaret Paul (1908–2001), who owned a dairy farm outside Pittsburgh.

JS4Pat
07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Not to me - but I'd say it is his biggest negative.

At least three people who I have turned onto RP expressed concern about him being too old for the job.

Glad to learn about his parents living into their 90s - That is a good counter argument.

Kuldebar
07-16-2007, 01:28 PM
One other thing that needs saying, I think having an older and wiser person as president is a good thing. What's the point of our progress in living longer healthier lives if we aren't going to use the advantage of years and experience?

Ron Paul is old enough to remember how it was before things got the way they are...and he has a true American background, not a political pedigree like those professional political families. I'll be 40 years old this October and I know my perspective on what America was like is vastly different than those half my age, even more so with Paul.

His philosophy and perspective are the package deal.

LastoftheMohicans
07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
No. The guy can speak for a hour without notes. He's very sharp. I have to admit that I liked the feistiness he displayed on the Morton Downey Jr. show 20 years ago. But I guess he's mellowed with age.:D

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm worried about what will happen if Ron is running against Obama...Then people would make an issue out of it

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, it doesn't bother me either. But he probably should balance his ticket with someone a little younger, if for no other reason than to potentially train up another liberty-president after his two terms. ;)

Ron Paul/Mark Sanford '08

Watch Mr. Sanford (governor of South Carolina). He will be BIG in the liberty movement of the next 30 year :). He's my #2 hero...behind Dr. Paul of course

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
One other thing that needs saying, I think having an older and wiser person as president is a good thing. What's the point of our progress in living longer healthier lives if we aren't going to use the advantage of years and experience?

Exactly. Do you want a medical doctor and 10 term representative in office or do you want some guy who has had 1 term in the senate?

Tuck
07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
He's probably healthier than me and i'm 21 so I don't think it will be a problem.

Joe Knows
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I refuse to hold the youth and inexperience of Ron Paul's opponents against them. ;)

Well Said

atilla
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
yes, he's much too young and inexperienced:D

freelance
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Nope. Not one bit. He's not only a medical doctor, but he has fought for our health rights over the years, something that most doctors oppose. My point is that he knows all angles to staying well and fit. Just look at him.

RP08
07-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Is RP's age any concern to anyone?

Nah. He's a firecracker.

rpf2008
Na, he works out constantly and looks like he's about 55 or 60, not 71 (or whatever). If heart-attack Dick Cheney can be VP then I think RP can be prez.

Exponent
I'm worried about what will happen if Ron is running against Obama...Then people would make an issue out of it

That's not necessarily a bad thing. One of Obama's greatest weaknesses seems to be his lack of experience. Making an issue out of the age thing if Ron were running against Obama would only be a good thing for Ron, as far as I can tell.

Original_Intent
07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
No, he is in great health and even though the campaigning does seem to tire him some, he always seems to have good energy and upbeat. I am sure he is better shape than me and I am in my 40s.

Gee
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
He was certainly a lot snappier back in '88, I for one think its a shame he's not younger.

Electric Church
07-16-2007, 02:02 PM
strong as an ox...I wouldn't mess with him...it's those mild mannered types like Paul ya don't wanna mess with:cool:

SeanEdwards
07-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I think Ron Paul could kick my ass and I'm 38.

fedup100
07-16-2007, 02:19 PM
NO!! Its a plus, wisdom comes with age. Never saw that question asked of John Mc Cain who is older AND has cancer.

gravesdav
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
One year of Ron Paul would be better than 8 years of any other.

Bob Cochran
07-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Seventy-one is the new sixty-nine-and-a-half, you know.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 04:02 PM
funny my 14 year old brother asked me last week "why would you want to vote for a 71 year old" i said "first off he's a very healthy doctor, who never takes the elevator, only the stairs, he still jogs every morning, he was a track star, and he maintains a perfect weight...so yes ill vote for a healthy 71 year old over a inexperienced 40 year old any day....

his best comeback was, well theres no elevator in the white house so i hope hes healthy...
i said, "im proud of you for knowing he was 71 though, at least youve been looking him up"

stevedasbach
07-16-2007, 04:39 PM
One of the articles about Dr. Paul observed that he takes the stairs at the Capitol instead of the elevator. I think he'll be able to handle the stairs at the White House.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
One of the articles about Dr. Paul observed that he takes the stairs at the Capitol instead of the elevator. I think he'll be able to handle the stairs at the White House.

If he can't make it up the stairs, i'll proudly volunteer to give him a lift on my back.

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I've already noticed seeds of the age issue being planted...

Be ready.

He looks fit and is one of the sharpest knives in the forge...

This is not about the man, it's about the msg;

The path, he has kept clear all these years, is so easy a 12yr old could follow it.

People everywhere yearn for this. It is the American Dream, not Ron Paul.

Who among us is considering a run for office? When the reloveyournation reaches the Oval Office, who is going to, literally, be ready to bring it home. Regardless of the outcome of this particular cycle, I imagine the following years will see a good time for a new network of patriots. Not a coalition, and certainly not a "party" Just us "Believers in the Value of Liberty" We are getting together, right now...

aloha,
m

Harry96
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
funny my 14 year old brother asked me last week "why would you want to vote for a 71 year old" i said "first off he's a very healthy doctor, who never takes the elevator, only the stairs, he still jogs every morning, he was a track star, and he maintains a perfect weight...so yes ill vote for a healthy 71 year old over a inexperienced 40 year old any day....

his best comeback was, well theres no elevator in the white house so i hope hes healthy...
i said, "im proud of you for knowing he was 71 though, at least youve been looking him up"

Not that it will matter to President Paul, but I'm sure I've read that the White House has elevators.

Harry96
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
It doesn't matter to me, and probably doesn't matter to any of his supporters. But I've thought about this a lot, and if Dr. Paul emerges as a front-runner by the end of the year, as I think he will, I expect the media, and maybe his opponents, to make an issue of it in an attempt to find something to use to tear him down.

I don't think it'll work; among other things, as others here have noted, he's obviously in great shape and sharp as a tack. I'm 30 and, if we worked out together, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

If he gets the nomination, I do think it'd be best for him to choose someone a generation younger for his running mate (although that wouldn't be the only qualification, of course).

Roxi
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Not that it will matter to President Paul, but I'm sure I've read that the White House has elevators.

thats what my mom said too, and even if i haven't heard it persay i know ive seen elevators in the white house on movies

even if there is an elevator i bet RP wont take it :D

quickmike
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
My great grandpa "Daddy Claude" lived to be 104 yrs old. Even at 100 yrs old, before his eyesight started failing, he could have run this country better than any of these ass clowns that are running it now.

I dont think we have anything to worry about with Ron Paul....... hes fit as a fiddle

Oh, and on a side note, if you dont yet have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car or truck, you NEED TO GET ONE.
Ive had about 15 people ask me who he is. When I explain his basic beliefs to him/her (best not to give too many details. Just let their curiosity get the better of them) every single one of them said something along the lines of "hmmmm, I wonder why I havent heard of him" or "Yeah I'll check him out on his website"

If 15 people asked me, imagine how many wondered but are too shy to ask and go satisfy their curiosity themselves, and how many people those people tell, and so on.

johnrocks
07-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Wasn't Reagan older than that when he was elected? No it doesn't bother me in the least.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
wasn't FDR in a wheel chair?

quickmike
07-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Wasn't Reagan older than that when he was elected? No it doesn't bother me in the least.

69 when Reagan was elected

sunny
07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Did you see how good he looked at the rally in Mountain View CA? Looking good, and I do mean good.

you got that right! real good!!!!!!

sunny
07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
wasn't FDR in a wheel chair?

he was paralyzed from the waist down!

sunny
07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I've already noticed seeds of the age issue being planted...

Be ready.

He looks fit and is one of the sharpest knives in the forge...

This is not about the man, it's about the msg;

The path, he has kept clear all these years, is so easy a 12yr old could follow it.

People everywhere yearn for this. It is the American Dream, not Ron Paul.

Who among us is considering a run for office? When the reloveyournation reaches the Oval Office, who is going to, literally, be ready to bring it home. Regardless of the outcome of this particular cycle, I imagine the following years will see a good time for a new network of patriots. Not a coalition, and certainly not a "party" Just us "Believers in the Value of Liberty" We are getting together, right now...

aloha,
m

well said hawaii - aloha!

Delaware
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Lol.

He was in a wheelchair because he had polio.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
he was paralyzed from the waist down!

Then I'm sure Ron will have no problem moving around in the white house.

ksuguy
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Sure it would be nice if he was the same age as when he ran back in 1988. However, he's in good shape and very fit for someone his age. He's certainly looking better than Fred Thompson right now.

smtwngrl
07-17-2007, 12:47 AM
On July 1, angrydragon posted the following comment here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4869&page=2&highlight=jogging

I just had to mention this. I thought it was priceless. :D

"Look at this comment from the video by Vali585.

"Well, we had a meetup here in Washington and Lew Moore was our guest. We asked him how Ron Paul was holding up and some expressed concern that he gets enough rest. Lew's response, 'He is doing great, and we are all doing our best to keep up with him...He goes 15 hours a day and as we are all wrapping up at the end of the day...Dr. Paul goes by in his jogging outfit...he was a track star and still runs...he takes the stairs instead of the elevator...Yeah, thanks for asking, he is doing great!'"

Capitalism
07-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Exactly. Do you want a medical doctor and 10 term representative in office or do you want some guy who has had 1 term in the senate?

There's a lot of people who have been in the House for 10 terms or more that I would not trust to deliver my mail, let alone serve as president, but I see your point.

Capitalism
07-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I just hope he doesn't have arthritis. He'll be needing to sign a lot of vetoes once elected.

american.swan
07-17-2007, 01:12 AM

I would love to use this in my sig. absolutely marvelous.

honkywill
07-17-2007, 02:46 AM
I just hope he doesn't have arthritis. He'll be needing to sign a lot of vetoes once elected.

I had thought about this. He might as well invest in an automatic stamp.

freelance
07-17-2007, 04:56 AM
But I've thought about this a lot, and if Dr. Paul emerges as a front-runner by the end of the year, as I think he will, I expect the media, and maybe his opponents, to make an issue of it in an attempt to find something to use to tear him down.

GOOD! Just one more opportunity for us to create some BLOWBACK! If that's all they can come up with, then that's great! That should help rake in the senior vote.