PDA

View Full Version : Iowa means nothing!!

VRP08
01-03-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm truly understanding the disappointment that is in the air bit seriously think about it people. Iowa does not indicate anything. It only indicates that MOST Iowans are conservative Christians and like it the way it is. It doesn't indicate that the entire nation thinks that way. RP has won every post debate polling, he DOES have the most awesome supporters who were able to rise 20 friggin million!! Bottom line: Iowa is not America and really doesn't mean anything. We need to concentrate on the bigger and more important things, like primaries and such....
Most here are acting like we lost something...we didn't! Time to MOVE ON folks!:D Screw Iowa!

Shaun
01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Actually, it does mean something, I think something along the following lines..
1) Looks like the polls were right? Rasmussen this morning had RP at 10%. Exactly what he got. What happened to the cell phone conspiracy theory? Where are all those posters now? They seem to have "no comment?" so, does this mean future polls are right? If so, how does that push us to change our message?
2) Why did our Champ only get 10,000 votes out of 3,000,000 people? What happened to our " all the young people will vote for RP" predictions? Where did they go? So, how reliable are they?
3) What can be done NOW to improve things for NH.
Early days, but I think much can be learned and reorganized based on this result.

j.roberts2112
01-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Misdirection and online poll scamming will only keep people's hope up for so long.. Reality should start setting in shortly.

robofx
01-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Misdirection and online poll scamming will only keep people's hope up for so long.. Reality should start setting in shortly.

Yep. The reality that the GOP is willing to engage in vote fraud to subvert our Constitution.

VRP08
01-03-2008, 10:42 PM
JEEEZZZ...IT IS ONLY IOWA!!! :rolleyes:

Carole
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Absolutely!!!

We won 10 percent of the 110,000 votes against all odds. Limited media coverage. A state that is not concerned about illegal immigration and in fact tries to facilitate those who leave its "dictatorship" to come to America. They have no clue what is going on outside of Iowa.
They actually sent people to Mexico to learn why people were illegally leaving the country to come to America. Nevermind they are paying for their social services. I guess they can afford it. I cannot.

They are Christians who approve of these aggressive wars apparently. They must buy into Bush's wild tales. And they do not understand that our economy is in trouble. Nor do they mind Huckabee's little faults, releasing killers and other criminals, giving away American money to illegals. etc. They have a very narrow vision that does not extend beyond Iowa.

We won some respect for sure. We tried hard and we beat Guiliani. We are within 3 points of two better known candidates.

And best of all we have Dr. Paul, a man of huge integrity and common sense and intelligence.

On to NH!!! :)

Sleep well all. We did good.

VRP08
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Absolutely!!!

We won 10 percent of the 110,000 votes against all odds. Limited media coverage. A state that is not concerned about illegal immigration and in fact tries to facilitate those who leave its "dictatorship" to come to America. They have no clue what is going on outside of Iowa.
They actually sent people to Mexico to learn why people were illegally leaving the country to come to America. Nevermind they are paying for their social services. I guess they can afford it. I cannot.

They are Christians who approve of these aggressive wars apparently. They must buy into Bush's wild tales. And they do not understand that our economy is in trouble. Nor do they mind Huckabee's little faults, releasing killers and other criminals, giving away American money to illegals. etc. They have a very narrow vision that does not extend beyond Iowa.

We won some respect for sure. We tried hard and we beat Guiliani. We are within 3 points of two better known candidates.

And best of all we have Dr. Paul, a man of huge integrity and common sense and intelligence.

On to NH!!! :)

Sleep well all. We did good.

AMEN!:D

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
IOWA is land of the NEOCON!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got 10%, unreal!

Bison
01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
2) Why did our Champ only get 10,000 votes out of 3,000,000 people? What happened to our " all the young people will vote for RP" predictions? Where did they go? So, how reliable are they?

Young people are notorious for not voting. Plus there is a lot more older folks, and they can be counted on to get out and vote. I believe the focus should be on winning over the older crowd. Thats not going to be easy but it can be done.

I am 38 and there are a lot of people my age that are catching on to Ron Paul. My father is 62 and I turned him on to RP and he likes what he has to say. Remember that most of the older folks can't be reached by Youtube and myspace. Its one on one or perhaps handing them a DVD. They trust the MSM, and thats the biggest obstacle.

Stress the issues that they can relate to. Push his good character.

Carole
01-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Turnout was terrible, even if it was normal or "up" from last election.

I have to say that the Illegal immigration ad was a definite error.

Iowans are losing population and actually have a long range plan to try to bring more people to their state. The demographic has changed with more than 25% increase in Mexican pop.

Could this scenario come up in other states in midwest?

Why in the world would people not come out to vote? Did Dr. Paul's people show up?

Iowa's Republican Prediction

Based on a linear regression of the latest polls, this is what we get:

Mike Huckabee 29
Mitt Romney 25
John McCain 15
Fred Thompson 10
Ron Paul 10
Rudy Giuliani 8
Poll MH MR JM FT RP RG
Zogby, 12/29-1/1 28 26 12 12 9 7
Zogby, 12/28-31 29 25 12 10 7 8
Zogby, 12/27-30 29 27 13 8 7 7
Zogby, 12/26-29 29 28 11 8 8 8
Strategic Vision, 12/28-30 28 30 16 13 4 4
Strategic Vision, 12/26-27 29 27 14 15 4 4
Des Moines Register,12/27- 30 32 26 13 9 9 5
CNN, 12/26- 30 28 31 10 13 8 8
MSNBC, 12/26- 28 23 27 13 14 5 5
ARG, 12/26- 28 23 32 11 7 6 6
Research 2000, 12/26- 27 34 27 8 11 8 8

Zogby, Des Moines Register, and CNN polls were most accurate.
Reuters/CSpan/Zogby was accurate.

ARG-American Research Group, MSNBC, Stragegic Vision,McClatchy MSNBC Poll conducted by Mason Dixon Polling & Research , Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg Poll were all wrong, underated Paul.