PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Dr. Paul

Mandrik
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Tonight hasn't been the best night of my life, but I don't think all is lost. It's one state, and a lot can happen. I think the most important thing out of this journey so far is how educated so many of us have become. Before August, I didn't really understand American foreign policy, economics, or any of the major issues RP is always talking about. Now I find myself reading about these things online, buying books on these subjects, and actually educating others on issues. This from an independent guy who always followed politics, but always despised how the media skewed things, and how politicians were all scum.

Ron Paul has changed my life. I know I'm not the only one. I'm "the baby" (27) in my big fat Greek family. I have about a bajillion cousins, many that I didn't talk to much. Bumping into one at a Ron Paul meet-up brought me closer to a handful of my cousins who all support RP. We talk on the phone a lot these days. We work together to get signs to give to our friends (most of the time we're just sticking signs in their yards while they are at work). I've also opened up to a lot more of my uncles who have always been political, but never really discussed these things with me/us. I'm rediscovering my own family through RP!

I don't know about you, but I'm a changed man. In a couple months I've grown up. I'm a father of twin girls, and that was life changing. That experience taught me about putting the life of others ahead of mine, but the RP experience has taught me about what true personal responsibility is all about. I went from staying 100% out of the financial loop with my wife to becoming actively involved with our finances. When I wear my RP button and/or shirt, I'm a completely different person at the grocery store, or around town. I *try* to be a friendlier driver since I have RP stickers on my car. I'm still working on that one.

I really care what happens, and tonight I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest. But I know we all need to sleep on this and get back to work tomorrow. My point is this--no matter what happens, we're all better human beings because of Ron Paul. Yes he cured our apathy, but for many of us, he has educated us on what America is SUPPOSED to stand for. That is the message we ALL need to spread until the day we die. This is the message I plan to pass on to my children as best as I can.

Thank you, Dr. Paul.