PDA

View Full Version : Folks, cool your jets: Kubler-Ross stages of grief (hint: you're experiencing them)

Ron LOL
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm no happier with the Iowa results than anybody else posting here, but please realize that you will feel a lot better tomorrow and in the days leading up to NH.

It's almost entertaining to watch the forum as it falls through the stages of the Kubler-Ross model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model).

Denial: The initial stage: "It can't be happening."
Anger: "Why me? It's not fair."
Bargaining: "Just let me live to see my children graduate."
Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"
Acceptance: "It's going to be OK."

Now might be a good time to bring to the front of our hivemind one of the Paul campaign's better commercials, We Have The Answer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WWes9BP5va8).

Chin up, everyone.

livinglegend
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
LOL I'm not down. Ron's message is slowly but surely spreading. The MSM would have rolled their eyes at 10% just a few weeks ago. But look at us! Double digits!

Ron Paul is setting up his run for the PRESIDENCY (not the Republican nomination) PERFECTLY!

Grandson of Liberty
01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
<---------- chin held high!

d991
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
"It's going to be OK" ? Isn't that what Winston Smith said in 1984 at the end? He said he loved big brother...

Ron LOL
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
"It's going to be OK" ? Isn't that what Winston Smith said in 1984 at the end? He said he loved big brother...

"It's going to be okay" in this case would mean something closer to "it's okay, we'll do better in NH."

einjun
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
"It's going to be okay" in this case would mean something closer to "it's okay, we'll do better in NH."

the revolution has just started!! we can't expect to win a serious fight against the machine at just the first round!!

lotsa work yet to do. i guess we were delusional and expecting a cakewalk ....... expecting the world/life to confirm to our wishful thinking

Ron LOL
01-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Bump for positivity...

Joseph Story
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-010408.html

Look on the Bright Side Ron Paul Supporters

Ron Paul didn't win in Iowa Thursday night and he didn't even come in third or fourth place. But there is some good news that the long time Congressman and his supporters can take away from Iowa....

1. Ron Paul got 10% of the vote and was within striking distance of both John McCain and Fred Thompson, the later of whom is likely to drop out of the race after New Hampshire.

2. Ron Paul came in third place in Johnson County, which perhaps has the closest demographics to that of New Hampshire. It is home to the progressive college town of Iowa City, full of young voters who Paul's campaign is reliant on.

3. He beat Rudy Giuliani by a landslide and Giuliani is considered the frontrunner nationally. And like Rudy Giuliani, Ron Paul did not focus as aggressively on the state of Iowa.

4. Wolf Blitzer of CNN called Ron Paul's showing "impressive".

5. With McCain and Thompson tied for 3rd, Ron Paul technically came in 4th place.

6. There were some counties in Iowa where Ron Paul excelled.

7. Iowa is not an Internet state and the inquiries coming in for Ron Paul (and Internet traffic in general) is not very heavy from Iowa. The great news is that the most significant search inquiries for Ron Paul were coming in from Texas, California, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Tennessee, Massachusetts and California.

He vowed Thursday night to continue his presidential campaign into New Hampshire and other states.

``This is not the end. This is the beginning,'' the Texas congressman told a boisterous gathering of about 150 people at a downtown Des Moines hotel.

The crowd interrupted Paul at times, chanting ``Live free or die'' and ``Ron Paul.''

``I am more encouraged than ever before,'' he said.

Ethek
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I start laughed before I got done with the title... I think Im manic.