PDA

View Full Version : DailyPaul.com - IOWA FRAUD REPORTS ALREADY

jd603
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/19330

Just like I was saying........

jd603
01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
4) We have received conflicting reports as to the procedures at the Republican caucus. A spokesman for the Republican Party of Iowa told Black Box Voting that the votes would be written on paper and counted in front of candidate representatives and observers, then signed off on by precinct captains or whoever they've got in charge. WHAT TO DO: If that's the case, get a photo of the signed results and e-mail it to Black Box Voting - or upload it directly to the IOWA FORUM section of this Web site.

Another report says the vote will be by a show of hands, then the winner announced. In that case, it will be important to come equipped with a video camera to capture the show of hands!

In either case, at the end it all goes into a black hole. Party officials dial a result into a cell phone, which goes we don't know where, following a telecommunications routing that is unspecified, and is totalled up in a central tabulation program made by a vendor no one knows the name of, programmed by we don't know who, and voila! The result is announced.

Understand something simple here: Entering data into a cell phone, from whence it is automatically tabulated and then announced, is just a cell phone-initiated form of central tabulation. It's computerized, someone wrote the program, we have no way of knowing whether that program accurately tabulates or not.

itshappening
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I reckon they handed off about 8% of our vote to McCain

Azprint
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
ugh, 9/11 crew. Get over it.

JAHOGS
01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
GUYS SERIOUSLY DROP THE RIGG ISSUE!!!!!!! This is only going to hurt Paul when people hear you say this.

jd603
01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
That's not from a "9/11 crew" , you sir are a troll. Being concerned about voter fraud has nothing to do with 9/11. I don't care about 9/11. I care about vote fraud, which this system is wide open for and there's no correct way to verify the results the computer produces.

I'm not saying start riots over this, i'm just saying don't think the campaign isn't doing better, and don't think your efforts were wasted in this state. You probably were cheated.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Fraud reports are gay. Face up to the fact that the GOP has lost its way.

Ron is going to run third party, and he can win.

Joe3113
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
GUYS SERIOUSLY DROP THE RIGG ISSUE!!!!!!! This is only going to hurt Paul when people hear you say this.

Yeah right. We've been covering up this stuff and look where it got us

Azprint
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
That's not from a "9/11 crew" , you sir are a troll. Being concerned about voter fraud has nothing to do with 9/11. I don't care about 9/11. I care about vote fraud, which this system is wide open for and there's no correct way to verify the results the computer produces.

I'm not saying start riots over this, i'm just saying don't think the campaign isn't doing better, and don't think your efforts were wasted in this state. You probably were cheated.

The point is you will find conspiracy in everything. Seriously...

jd603
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Look, something as important as an election needs a way to be VERIFIED by PAPER and an OPEN SYSTEM EVERYONE CAN APPROVE AS LEGIT.

The system used in Iowa was none of that... stop trying to call people "conspiracy theorists" it is irrelevant.

The point is you will find conspiracy in everything. Seriously...

Azprint
01-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Look, something as important as an election needs a way to be VERIFIED by PAPER and an OPEN SYSTEM EVERYONE CAN APPROVE AS LEGIT.

The system used in Iowa was none of that... stop trying to call people "conspiracy theorists" it is irrelevant.

So is your suspicion.

shagywashere
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
People that care about elections are now considered conspiracy theorists? I guess we should just trust computers instead of finding legit ways. I don't want to be called a conspiracy theorist!!

SameCoin
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Only the ignorant or the disinformation plants would even consider arguing against the serious possibility of vote fraud.

Yes I am talking to you calling it a conspiracy theory.

All4Paul
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzY2tnwExs

Azprint
Ok, whatever. Good luck digging into it.

jd603
Yeah he's hurting my feelings and making me look bad, I'd better change my mind and stop drawing attention to a flawed voting system in the first state in the election.

People that care about elections are now considered conspiracy theorists? I guess we should just trust computers instead of finding legit ways. I don't want to be called a conspiracy theorist!!

Proemio
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM

If you are not called a 'conspiracy theorist' now and then, you are not paying attention.
Conspiracy is the life-blood of the establishment, any establishment.
It's where the saying comes from, that "every generation needs a revolution".

ashlux
01-03-2008, 10:32 PM

It's actually surprisingly easy to write seemingly innocent code that intentionally or accidentally tallies results incorrectly. If the code is written badly (trust me, most code is), then it is even easier to make mistakes or hide things.

Check out the Obfuscated-V Contest - a contest to make innocent looking code that did something wrong on election day. http://graphics.stanford.edu/~danielrh/vote/vote.html Real code to do the tallying will definitely be more complex than these examples. The input is more complex and the output will be more user-friendly. Add security, etc. and code to tally election results won't be 100 lines. This was just a creative programming exercise, but it proves my point.

I am not part of the 9/11 crew in any shape or form. Just a humble programmer. :-)

ashlux
01-03-2008, 10:37 PM

Computers are trustworthy. It's the programs and programmers that are concerning. If anything, mistakes can and do happen. Sometimes seemingly innocent "mistakes" are intentional though.

There are tons of examples of errors (most are unintended) in computer programs that have caused serious problems. One example, a uncommon bug in some radiation machine's software occasionally would give too much radiation. Ultimately it killed several people before the problem was caught.

dspectre
01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I hadn't read this whole thread, but I know I have read some posts calling people 9/11 truthers because they are afraid of voter fraud.

Whether it happened or not, we aren't 100% sure.

I'll say this though, I have no problem people asking to check for ethics, and this should happen so that things are conducted honestly and fairly. It's important so the system can work.

But if you are afraid of looking to see whether things were done correctly in the name of conformity, well you are nothing but a coward. I'm tired of people who are afraid of appearing weird or kooky and then calling others these names. People who think this way are just spineless group thinkers who have very little principle.

CrownThyGood
01-03-2008, 10:59 PM
There's absolutely no reason for someone to say "don't take pictures or video".
If it's as honest as they say it is then there should be absolutely no problem at all and should never be brought up. Classifying someone as a "conspiracy theorist" for taking a simple picture? Those are exactly the type of statements that reek of foul play. This would even plant thoughts of foul play in even the most innocent of shutterbugs.

pikerz
01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
we should abolish all forms of auditing and just assume that everybody tells the truth!