PDA

View Full Version : Lessons we need to learn from Iowa

georgia_tech_swagger
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
1) The polls aren't right on Paul... but they're not that wrong. Add the margin of error to Paul's percentage, and that's about what he came in at.

2) We are doing absolutely *TERRIBLE* in urban areas. We need to target these areas, because they're clearly going to Obama, and much higher than average to McCain and Fred. Polk County alone cost us TWO SPOTS in the final returns in Iowa. I don't know about NH, but Greenville AND SPARTANBURG are the Polk County of South Carolina. If you lose those counties here in SC as badly as you did in Iowa ... the results will be equally dismal statewide. Doing poorly there will WHIPE OUT all gains you could make in the midlands and lowcountry.

3) If we don't show some improvement in NH... it's virtually over. We've devoted so much time there. So much money. SC, NV, MI have all been neglected somewhat for NH. It's got alot of independents. It's Free State Project home turf. It has a Libertarian and anti-war streak. This is pretty much all of our eggs in one basket, like Edwards in Iowa.

georgia_tech_swagger
01-03-2008, 09:41 PM
bump

literatim
01-03-2008, 09:42 PM
We are much more organized in New Hampshire.

Akus
01-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Too late. There is not a second chance. Iowa is lost. Just move on. All that needed to be said was already said.

livinglegend
01-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Lesson 4)

A small slice of die-hard neo-con party loyalists vote in primaries. Expecting to win them over is outlandish - solid showings are the most we can ask for. We should focus on winning the WHITEHOUSE not the REPUBLICAN NOMINATION.

lbrtylvr
01-03-2008, 09:47 PM
A large focus in NH needs to be on Obama supporters.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know about NH being our firewall. I think we have the money to compete on 2/5. Maybe we can pull a Giuliani. :D

georgia_tech_swagger
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
bumpity

rollingpig
01-03-2008, 10:20 PM
A large focus in NH needs to be on Obama supporters.

+1

Danny
01-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Based on the Iowa results, if the NH primary were today we would finish at around 10%. I think there is a good chance that Ron Paul's support in NH is being held back because people that like what he is saying are buying the message that he doesn't have a chance.

Our message through next Tuesday needs to be that this finish in Iowa was higher than anyone expected, and that Ron Paul's legitimacy as a frontrunner has been confirmed. We need to spread this message far and wide. Many people have long ago written him off as not having a chance. We MUST get these voters to give him a second look!

georgia_tech_swagger
01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Based on the Iowa results, if the NH primary were today we would finish at around 10%. I think there is a good chance that Ron Paul's support in NH is being held back because people that like what he is saying are buying the message that he doesn't have a chance.

Our message through next Tuesday needs to be that this finish in Iowa was higher than anyone expected, and that Ron Paul's legitimacy as a frontrunner has been confirmed. We need to spread this message far and wide. Many people have long ago written him off as not having a chance. We MUST get these voters to give him a second look!

His biggest problem is Obama. Obama is turning out OVERWHELMINGLY young and independent voters ... which is Ron Paul's bread and butter.