PDA

View Full Version : It is time to open our eyes.

coboman
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't think enthusiasm has to blind us from the truth. We have to learn from our mistakes, and evaluate right now what went wrong.

I decided to have an attitude of wait and see. I have waited, and now I have seen, and I am not going to keep this silent: THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN IS DOING ALL WRONG.

The grassroots has done a great job on the internet, and canvassing. But we need a good Main Stream campaign.
That means good advertising on radio and TV. Good PR to get more exposure in MSM (Yes, a good PR can get that, even against the conspiracy of big media). And coordination of our efforts.

We need the official campaign to step up to the challenge, and it is abundantly clear, that the current people running it cannot do it.

So, I propose that the first order of business must be to pressure Ron Paul, to fire his current campaign managers, and use the millions we have given him to hire and effective PR company, and a great advertising agency.

I know that I will be labeled as a troll, and be told to STFU, but unless we realize this fact, we are doomed to repeat these same mistakes.
The polls were almost dead on. That means another fifth place for NH if we don't do something right now.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Unfortunately I must agree. Try calling the other campaigns and you get dealt with, call our campaign, nothing happens.

TWO MONTHS ago I asked them for the training videos so I could make DVDs and put it on the podcast. Two months later, not even a reply. WHY are the training videos stuck on their site protected with a password when we could hand them out to people on DVD?

The official campaign is holding back Ron Paul's success. And I don't care how many people tell me I'm being negative. I work full time for Ron Paul as a grassroots supporter, I am voicing this because things NEED to change in order for us to win.

KMA-NWO
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
valid points, bump

Akus
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
...I propose that the first order of business must be to pressure Ron Paul, to fire his current campaign managers, and use the millions we have given him to hire and effective PR company, and a great advertising agency.
how?

aspiringconstitutionalist
You are a troll. Stfu.

J/k. Actually, you're absolutely right. It's time for Ronald Paul to pull a Ronald Reagan. In 1980, Reagan bombed in the Iowa caucuses, fired his entire top level campaign, and went on to win the nomination.

atilla
I don't think enthusiasm has to blind us from the truth. We have to learn from our mistakes, and evaluate right now what went wrong.

I decided to have an attitude of wait and see. I have waited, and now I have seen, and I am not going to keep this silent: THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN IS DOING ALL WRONG.

The grassroots has done a great job on the internet, and canvassing. But we need a good Main Stream campaign.
That means good advertising on radio and TV. Good PR to get more exposure in MSM (Yes, a good PR can get that, even against the conspiracy of big media). And coordination of our efforts.

We need the official campaign to step up to the challenge, and it is abundantly clear, that the current people running it cannot do it.

So, I propose that the first order of business must be to pressure Ron Paul, to fire his current campaign managers, and use the millions we have given him to hire and effective PR company, and a great advertising agency.

I know that I will be labeled as a troll, and be told to STFU, but unless we realize this fact, we are doomed to repeat these same mistakes.
The polls were almost dead on. That means another fifth place for NH if we don't do something right now.

i got an idea, why don't you run for president then you can do it your way.:eek:

sasha_2008
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
TWO MONTHS ago I asked them for the training videos so I could make DVDs and put it on the podcast.

Not sure what you are looking for but these might be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3yEvGOAi8 ~Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4vksazLec ~Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LOyn-vwfVI ~ Part 3

apc3161
01-03-2008, 09:56 PM
I agree sadly.

If his campaign managers had any integrity, they would resign.

No one expected Paul to do this well, no one expected him to raise so much money. They are out of their leagues, they have to realize this, resign and bring in professionals.

coboman
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
how?

The way we did it with FOX: We flood his email with requests to have seasoned experts in his staff.

He has a bunch of amateurs, and this is way over their heads. As Ron Paul himself said: "We have so much money, we don't know what to do with it".
And it shows.

If there are enough of us sending emails, he has to reconsider his current staff.

But first we must get over the tabu that it is wrong to criticize the official campaign. WE MUST CRITICIZE NOW. Otherwise it will be too late.

Akus
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
The way we did it with FOX: We flood his email with requests to have seasoned experts in his staff.

He has a bunch of amateurs, and this is way over their heads. As Ron Paul himself said: "We have so much money, we don't know what to do with it".
And it shows.

If there are enough of us sending emails, he has to reconsider his current staff.

But first we must get over the tabu that it is wrong to criticize the official campaign. WE MUST CRITICIZE NOW. Otherwise it will be too late.

Again, how do you contact directly Ron Paul?
You can't just send a note to ronpaul2008.com and say, Ron, fire everyone, because we sucked Mike Huckabee's cock in IA.

Andrew-Austin
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Members here are young, sensationalist, and emotional.

Guys just need to learn to relax... Understand the meaning of the Buddhist saying "mind like water".

Thunderbolt
01-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Coboman is wise and speaks the truth. The rest of you better open your eyes to the fact that the campaign is run by idiots. The one reason we are all here is Freedom. So what does Ron Paul lead with in his commercials? Abortion. A ton of here are atheists. What does Ron Paul run with second? Religion. If you think that is going to get it done, you are foolish.

If Ron Paul doesn't hire an ad agency and soon, he can give it all up. I am sick of calling the campaign headquarters and speaking to kids half my kids' age and not one of them has an ounce of respect or intelligence in their body. Good ideas get ignored, great ideas aren't understood, and the morons think they can win this with the Republican base, so they are pandering to it.

Have they lost it? Huckabee is the traditional (now) Republican. He is a liar, very religious and wants to rule the world and all women's bodies. Ron Paul cannot out Huckabee Huckabee and he should not even try. Doing so is plain old stupid.

The only way Ron Paul has a chance is with the general public, the non-Republicans. He is a different kind of candidate with a different kind of message and to try to pretend he is not just waters down what makes him wonderful.

Where is the talk about ending the war? Getting rid of the Patriot Act? Restoring our civil liberties? Why does it take nearly a month to get a sign from the campaign to put in your front yard? They lack all urgency and hopefully this will kick them awake.

Everything they did in Iowa failed. They better learn from their mistakes, quickly.

grunt
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
You are a troll. Stfu.

J/k. Actually, you're absolutely right. It's time for Ronald Paul to pull a Ronald Reagan. In 1980, Reagan bombed in the Iowa caucuses, fired his entire top level campaign, and went on to win the nomination.

Reagan had more time to re-group between primaries.

cswake
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Coboman is wise and speaks the truth. The rest of you better open your eyes to the fact that the campaign is run by idiots. The one reason we are all here is Freedom. So what does Ron Paul lead with in his commercials? Abortion. A ton of here are atheists. What does Ron Paul run with second? Religion. If you think that is going to get it done, you are foolish.

Take a look at the level of religion in Iowa and why Huckabee did so well. Those commercials were *perfect* for the state.

Thunderbolt
01-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Guys just need to learn to relax... Understand the meaning of the Buddhist saying "mind like water".

Mind like water IS the campaign's mantra. Not working. Get a clue. I am probably old enough to have fathered you and I can tell you that laying back and just letting things come does not work in a Presidential election. You need a good competent staff, something he does not have. You need a staff that has Presidential election experience, something he does not have. You need to know what your main message is and stop trying to pander to a group you cannot win over.

Thunderbolt
01-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Take a look at the level of religion in Iowa and why Huckabee did so well. Those commercials were *perfect* for the state.

Take a look at the numbers of Dems who came out to vote and tell me how perfect they were for the state. Haven't you learned yet? He cannot win with the Republicans. He must have Dems and Inds. He will lose every time to Huckabee in a battle over religion. He will also lose to Huckabee every time in a battle over abortion. But he will win hands down if he focuses on the economy and the war.

Why do you think there are so few Republicans left? Because most of America doesn't give a damn about religion when the oil is one hundred dollars a barrel.

You have to go with your strengths and not pander to a certain group. He does that in voting, why not do it now? How dumb are they?

coboman
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Again, how do you contact directly Ron Paul?

I we agree on this, we will find a way.

I insist on getting over this tabu of "respecting" the official campaign.

Many of us had critiques previously, that were met with the very valid argument of "wait, they know what they are doing". I have waited. And now I have learned that they don't know what they are doing.

I propose another moneybomb. A massive online donation of only $1 per person, with each of us dissatisfied with the official campaign donating.

This has to make Ron Paul realize that we want change. We need change, right now.

steelhawk
I agree.. who's ever in charge of the advertising needs to go. Grass roots youtube videos are more moving than the crap they put out.

apc3161
Take a look at the numbers of Dems who came out to vote and tell me how perfect they were for the state. Haven't you learned yet? He cannot win with the Republicans. He must have Dems and Inds. He will lose every time to Huckabee in a battle over religion. He will also lose to Huckabee every time in a battle over abortion. But he will win hands down if he focuses on the economy and the war.

Why do you think there are so few Republicans left? Because most of America doesn't give a damn about religion when the oil is one hundred dollars a barrel.

You have to go with your strengths and not pander to a certain group. He does that in voting, why not do it now? How dumb are they?

The campaign managers have to suck up their pride, get out of the way, and let the real professionals come in. They are out of their league. If they don't realize that they are hurting his campaign, we have problems.

TwiLeXia
01-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I completely agree. With a better campaign staff, Ron Paul's amazing message could have reached so many more people.

Instead, we are getting crappy PR, crappy ads, and crappy organization and coordination.

This is an amazing message. But this is not an amazing campaign. The ads have sucked. HQ is slow with talking with media figures and unassertive. HQ didn't even ask people to donate for 20 million on New Year's Eve.

ALL the good things about this campaign have come ENTIRELY from grassroots:

The Videos on Youtube by Avaroth and Eliberty, with over 1 million views.
The Money Bombs on Nov. 5 and Dec 16.
The Blimp and the Jeremiah Black Ads, better than any ad I've seen from Campaign HQ so far.

I certainly don't believe that Ron Paul would have done the way he did in Iowa with a better HQ.

hummtide
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
AINT TOO BAD! McCain and THompson got 13% each, so Paul is 4TH!

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Don't be so sure. The grassroots caused hundreds of people in Iowa to complain about phone calls.

VRP08
01-03-2008, 10:33 PM
If there is something wrong with the staff, it should be addressed. Although I doubt RP will fire any of his workers.

jasonuher
01-03-2008, 10:36 PM

+1

sanjeevjain
01-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I still don't understand ... why isn't there a single Campaign Staffer communicating directly with us on the Forum? Why is it always that the campaign messages are indirectly published on the forum. This is probably the biggest campaign supporter website and we still haven't heard a fucking word directly from campaign in this forum.

polexi
01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I hate to overuse the 'bomb' idea, but I say we spam the campaign emails and phone lines until they stop ignoring us.

coboman
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM

To win we have to be FIRST. There is no consolation prize to tie in second place.

We have to stop this "positive thinking" and start acting realistically. There is very little time, and the grassroots cannot do much more than is already doing.

We depend on the official campaign to win.

They have the millions of dollars. They have the greatest canvasser of this campaign: Ron Paul himself.

Unless we change gears now, we won't win anything.
The polls for NH place us in 5th, and national polls place us in dead last.
We cannot win if we think that we are doing OK. We are not doing OK.

We need a new official campaign. We need it now!

mesler
01-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Wrong.

Our man is NOT A SOUNDBITE CANDIDATE. THAT, and the lack of adequate time on the Tube, is the problem.

apc3161
01-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Wrong.

Our man is NOT A SOUNDBITE CANDIDATE. THAT, and the lack of adequate time on the Tube, is the problem.

And why is there lack of adequate time on the tube? Why are there not great commercials coming out of the campaign? Why did the f'ing 30 minute infomercial using clips from Ron Paul speaking at the Iowa Straw Poll that HE LOST (to a sane person, this would imply that the speech wasn't that good because he came nowhere close to winning that day).

All I have heard of the news for the past few days is how Romney has run an excellent professional campaign. They said that if it wasn't for the effectiveness of his campaign, his support would be a lot lower. This is what Ron Paul needs. He needs to combine a great message with a good campaign, he can't win with just a good message sadly.

The campaign needs to step aside and bring in real professionals with experience.

coboman
01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Wrong.

Then the official campaign should be airing 30 minute infomercials. Good ones. This has been suggested many times.

Aravoths videos, that converted many of us, are a couple of minutes long. These could be aired in regular TV, or radio.

The lack of time on TV has to do more, IMO, with the incompetence of the PR staff, than with a conspiracy of the media.
Glen Beck is an example of this. He gave an hour of his time because we exerted pressure, and the official campaign took months to accept it. And in the end, they didn't even manage to get Ron Paul to the studio.
This is a lousy PR job. A good PR agency would have exerted the pressure themselves, and gotten REGULAR time on Glen Beck.

I now believe that this lack of TV coverage is like the polls. The polls were not rigged, or skewed. WE OVERESTIMATED OUR REACH.

The lack of coverage of the media, I think, is because the official PR campaign does not have a clue of how to get enough exposure for the doctor.
We have overestimated the media conspiracy, and underestimated the incompetence of the official campaign.

We have to change this now.

apc3161
01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Just as an example.

go to hillary's website, obamas, huckabee's...their website are already updated, they've given their speeches, I got to watch them either online or on TV.

What have we heard from the Paul campaign? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. These guys are out of their leagues, by not resigning or moving aside and brining in real talent, they are hurting Paul's campaign. They have to suck up their pride and realize the best thing they can do to help Paul is to get qualified campaign managers.

bretwalda
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I completely agree. With a better campaign staff, Ron Paul's amazing message could have reached so many more people.

Instead, we are getting crappy PR, crappy ads, and crappy organization and coordination.

This is an amazing message. But this is not an amazing campaign. The ads have sucked. HQ is slow with talking with media figures and unassertive. HQ didn't even ask people to donate for 20 million on New Year's Eve.

ALL the good things about this campaign have come ENTIRELY from grassroots:

The Videos on Youtube by Avaroth and Eliberty, with over 1 million views.
The Money Bombs on Nov. 5 and Dec 16.
The Blimp and the Jeremiah Black Ads, better than any ad I've seen from Campaign HQ so far.

I certainly don't believe that Ron Paul would have done the way he did in Iowa with a better HQ.

Completely agree. As a self employed marketing communications services consultant and graphic artist - the Official Ron Paul stuff sucks. BIG TIME. The ads suck - the lighting is bad, the scripts are hokey as hell...I can only wonder what the media buying strategy was:rolleyes:

...and I just got my RP stuff in the mail including their new 12 page brochure - absolutely horrible. Whoever did it is doing the competition a favor. Probably one of the worst brochures I've seen from ANYWHERE in a long time. Good Lord is it awful! BTW not a single shot of a supporter on it under 40. Where do they think the energy is going to come from? I know this stuff is subjective in the minds of many - but there is a proven way of success and a status quo that accomplishes nothing.

I'm going to make a serious effort at redoing the RP brochure, pro bono if need be, and see what people think and if it can contribute to a better image and a call to action. This revolution involves reprogramming the sheeple but it ain't gonna be done by bargain hunting when disseminating the message. I think these materials also need to be state specific - voting info is very sketchy for the primaries.

If you're unhappy with your return on investment - say something.

Look for a thread requesting file and high resolution image sources, etc soon.

apc3161
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Look for a thread requesting file and high resolution image sources, etc soon.

I have an idea. You send an email to the campaign and say that you are requesting hi-res photos for some brochures you are trying to produce, create, print, and pass around.

Then you tell us how many days it takes till the campaign even responds.

For every day that it takes, Ron Paul should bring in that many new campaign professionals (times 10) who are experienced and know how to use 20 million dollars effectively.

I for one am reluctant to donate more money to a campaign that I know is ineffective. I think I might just fund grassroots projects from now on.

Ron LOL
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I have an idea. You send an email to the campaign and say that you are requesting hi-res photos for some brochures you are trying to produce, create, print, and pass around.

For every day that it takes, Ron Paul should bring in that many new campaign professionals (times 10) who are experienced and know how to use 20 million dollars effectively.

I for one am reluctant to donate more money to a campaign that I know is ineffective. I think I might just fund grassroots projects from now on.

Couldn't have said it better. As I've posted so many times before, our successes come in spite of the official campaign, not through it. The whole bottom-up thing is great, but it doesn't mean we're invulnerable to incompetence on high.

If Ron Paul were a grassroots Ron Paul supporter, he would campaign against the campaign :)

sratiug
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I also think a lot of the youtube videos are great, but I imagine there are copywrite issues in showing clips from television shows in commercials. Someone should make one entirely coming from Fox clips and put it on anyway.

angrydragon
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Writes Dan...

Lew, that's terrific news that Andrew Sullivan relates: Paul received 29% of independents who voted with the GOP. Trailing Paul's 29 percent, McCain received 23 percent of independents' votes, Romney 19 percent, and Huckabee 17 percent.

It's a good indication of which Republican actually appeals to the electorate at large. As Dr. Paul has said all along, if he isn't receiving the majority of Republicans' votes yet, that's because the Republican Party has shrunk so much lately, and lost touch with Republican-leaning independents. Huckabee is the choice of a dying party -- but Paul will bring revival.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018222.html

The Only Woj
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM
I did predict a 5th. We needed to overcome either Thompson or McCain, and we failed. Finishing 5th in Iowa is finishing last, because Giuliani didn't run there. We needed to at least be around 14000. At least that would have kept us close to Fred and John.

idiom
01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Mind like water:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zY4w2lh1Rto
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vkwy2vdP4

jake
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Excellent thread. LOSING is not an option. We will not lose and we cannot lose. All funding should be directed at grassroots initiatives for old-school advertising. millions upon millions - it's time to take the reigns from the official campaign and pour it into grassroots projects. The official campaign will still get lots of donations from new supporters and they have lots in the bank still. :mad:

coboman
01-04-2008, 12:25 AM
All funding should be directed at grassroots initiatives for old-school advertising. millions upon millions - it's time to take the reigns from the official campaign and pour it into grassroots projects.

I think that the grassroots has been working doubletime. We need the support of the official campaign.

I think of the grassroots like the infantry that goes one by one, on foot. It is very effective, but it takes a lot of time to cover significant ground.

The official campaign would be air support. They bomb the targets before we get there. They are the ones with the big bucks, and the possibility of MSM coverage (they have Ron Paul).

We need both to be a the top of their game. One cannot win without the other.

We have THE BEST GRASSROOTS EVER!

Now we need the GREATEST OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN.

rjl
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
One thing everyone can do for effective advertising is donate to buy air-time at

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

This project is all about getting well-made, impactful ads for Ron Paul in key markets in primary states. I basically had to learn to put a website up from the ground up and have been up til 5 in the morning every night for a week getting the site up, setting up a bank account, starting a PAC, etc.

Everyone wants effective ads and I think we've made that possible. I've been on the phone with Jeremiah and Tyler from 30 Days to Iowa pretty much non-stop, brain-storming on ways to get people excited about the project, planning a new ad (that is going to happen in the next couple of days BTW), among other things.

Bottom line is this thing will work if the grassroots gets behind it. All I want is to do everything I possibly can to get Ron Paul elected. I know the rest of us on this site feel the same way. This project could be funded very easily if people will just spread the word and realize that this is a great opportunity for the grassroots to make yet another massive impact.

Robert

ClayTrainor
01-04-2008, 01:11 AM
One thing everyone can do for effective advertising is donate to buy air-time at

This project is all about getting well-made, impactful ads for Ron Paul in key markets in primary states. I basically had to learn to put a website up from the ground up and have been up til 5 in the morning every night for a week getting the site up, setting up a bank account, starting a PAC, etc.

Everyone wants effective ads and I think we've made that possible. I've been on the phone with Jeremiah and Tyler from 30 Days to Iowa pretty much non-stop, brain-storming on ways to get people excited about the project, planning a new ad (that is going to happen in the next couple of days BTW), among other things.

Bottom line is this thing will work if the grassroots gets behind it. All I want is to do everything I possibly can to get Ron Paul elected. I know the rest of us on this site feel the same way. This project could be funded very easily if people will just spread the word and realize that this is a great opportunity for the grassroots to make yet another massive impact.

Robert

Yea, these commercials are 10x better than the campaign ones!

Im going to start putting my money into this as opposed to the official campaign.

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:14 AM
This project could be funded very easily ...
Yes, it would take like one day's donation to the official campaign, and that is exactly the problem

We cannot have the luxury of considering the millions given to the campaign lost. They are the ones that should be doing ads like these, or even better.

They have to. We must make them do it.

rjl
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Yea, these commercials are 10x better than the campaign ones!

Im going to start putting my money into this as opposed to the official campaign.

Thanks for your support! I think we can really make this thing go and dramatically increase Dr. Paul's name-recognition in South Carolina, Michigan, and Nevada. Jeremiah has created some really great ads--and has more in the works--and now it's time to get them where it counts. On the air in strategic markets.

electronicmaji
01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I said this before and got laughted out

We have internet popularity but it doesnt translate into a lot of votes

we need to help people

we've heard of people who couldnt vote at primaries cause they had kids...lets get volunteer babysitters

we've heard of people who didn't vote cause they wanted to make money at jobs...lets compete and offer them a job of our own: Voting!

We've heard how popular these ideas are amongst college students: well lets take huge buses to the colleges and drive people to the election!

We CAN win back America for the Americans!

rjl
01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Yes, it would take like one day's donation to the official campaign, and that is exactly the problem

We cannot have the luxury of considering the millions given to the campaign lost. They are the ones that should be doing ads like these, or even better.

I agree. I've given $1,800 to the official campaign and I'll probably max out in the next month or so, but so far it doesn't seem like the advertising they've produced has really satisfied the supporters. And I don't see a lot of responsiveness from the campaign on the issue, hence the new project. If they won't do the advertising we want, no matter how hard we work to convince them, then we at least have an option. Also, if grassroots ads start over-shadowing the official campaign ads, it may force them to respond and produce better material.

Robert

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
we've heard of people who couldnt vote at primaries cause they had kids...lets get volunteer babysitters

we've heard of people who didn't vote cause they wanted to make money at jobs...lets compete and offer them a job of our own: Voting!

We've heard how popular these ideas are amongst college students: well lets take huge buses to the colleges and drive people to the election!

All this is done by other official campaigns. Why isn't Ron Paul's doing it?
It can't be the lack of money.

Huckabee had much less money, and yet he managed to pay for buses, babysitters and even food.
What the f#$% is wrong with our official campaign? We need professionals. NOW!

jabrownie
01-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Read a thread on here earlier that a grassroots person contact the political advertising company who helped win Ventura the governor spot and helped Dean do well before the 'dean scream'. They mentioned that they wanted to work with the Paul campaign, that they'd tried over and over to contact the campaign and they hadn't gotten so much as a phone call back from anybody.

Professional help is out there, the campaign is just refusing it.

*Edit: Pardon my french, but holy shit these are good. !!!!

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

Fields
01-04-2008, 01:43 AM
I still don't understand ... why isn't there a single Campaign Staffer communicating directly with us on the Forum? Why is it always that the campaign messages are indirectly published on the forum. This is probably the biggest campaign supporter website and we still haven't heard a fucking word directly from campaign in this forum.

+10000000

peacemonger
01-04-2008, 01:45 AM

It is not being a troll to question things. Personally, I disagree with you. I don't think the campaign is the problem. I think Iowa WAS the problem. There is little or nothing that a limited government republican can do in that state. Even Rush Limbaugh said he thinks that the Iowans are only playing shallow identity politics. It is a state with a huge evangelical population who voted for Huck only because he is one of them. The other idiots were duped by Romney's slick image or Thompson and McCain's fearmongering.

A perfectly good campaign can lead a gaggle of fools to freedom, but it can not make them THINK. All of the smart people supported Ron Paul. All of the mediocre people supported Obama. Everyone else is just a bunch of idiots.

New Hampshire people will be much better

Frankie Lee
01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I have also been saying this since the "he's catchin' on!" ad...ESPECIALLY when they tried defending it.

I have literally lost hope that the campaign people will resign, and am almost 100 certain they are not there for paul, but their resume's.

Anyway, I advise everyone to keep donating! Just donate to the grassroots projects that are producing professional ads!

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:58 AM
New Hampshire people will be much better
Then how come the polls put us in 5th place?

We have to listen to the polls now. They proved incredibly accurate in Iowa.

If we ignore these polls, we are not learning from our mistakes. We must get those numbers up. We need the official campaign for that.

jblackpost
01-04-2008, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words about the ads I made. It looks like we have raised about $1640 for ad production, so we can nearly begin the next two spots- one will target seniors and the other will be a high profile endorsement piece. I'll go ahead and start the planning tomorrow, and hopefully the $$ will be there when it's time to pay the costs. Please donate if you can to keep these coming. A lot of meetup groups from various states are going to run the ads in their communities, and we encourage any meetup group to contact us to get a free copy of the spots to run locally where you are!

Donate:

- jeremiah black

rjl
01-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Then how come the polls put us in 5th place?

We have to listen to the polls now. They proved incredibly accurate in Iowa.

If we ignore these polls, we are not learning from our mistakes. We must get those numbers up. We need the official campaign for that.

All the candidates have an official campaign. Huckabee has Ed Rollins for crying out loud. The greatest strength Ron Paul has is his grassroots support. NONE of the other candidates has that. My last few hundred dollars in donations have basically been given just to make sure Dr. Paul has enough money to travel. I'm not counting on the guys at the campaign to be able to compete with the sharks Huckabee, Giuliani, and Romney have assembled.

electronicmaji
01-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I reccomend we mail bomb the campaign and you all ignored it...I think now might be a good time to follow my advice!

Oliver
01-04-2008, 02:40 AM

I wrote to 30 official campaign people to get
their help to change Ron's Wikipedia Photo to
the actual one.

Only one replied, but she was very helpful.
Basically every mail or call should be answered
to keep things running and react to important
questions.

coboman
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
,,, I'm not counting on the guys at the campaign to be able to compete with the sharks Huckabee, Giuliani, and Romney have assembled.
Why not? It cannot be the lack of money. Huckabee has almost no cash, and look at his GENIUS campaign.

The grassroots for Ron Paul is great. But it is like running with only one leg, we need both a good grassroots and a great campaign.
Iowa has shown us that the best grassroots in the world is no match to a good official campaign.

I reccomend we mail bomb the campaign and you all ignored it...I think now might be a good time to follow my advice!
Let's do it, man. Whatever we can think of.
NH is around the corner, and (according to the very accurate polls) we are going to loose bigtime.
If we do not do something now, morale is going to go down.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 08:17 AM

One thing that Huck's doing, IMO, is looking at what's driving RP grassroots and adopting some of the buzzwords... he knows we have momentum going. We're the rEVOLUTION, yet he's saying that about his campaign and has MSM onto it now. We're focused on Liberty, but he's throwing that around, too. Next thing we're going to hear is 'constitution'. When Ron Paul finally gets the media coverage he deserves, people are going to think he's riding huckster's coattails instead of the huckster's riding his.

We need some of messages on radio/tv like some of those YouTube clips. They are RP magnets. How could someone watch them and not want to check Ron out? We need to take back the rEVOLUTION and we need to do it NOW!

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 08:25 AM
THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN IS DOING ALL WRONG.

The grassroots has done a great job.

WE can do all this without telling Ron what to do with the "OFFICIAL" campaign staff. Support the Blimp and the ads put out by Operation New Hampshire, since those are already both proven winners.

Support other projects that you KNOW will be effective. Donate to those projects TODAY. Call South Carolina radio stations, play the song "Landslide" over the phone, and tell them where they can download it to play on their station. Decide YOU have to be a delegate, and get as involved in the process as possible.

THIS IS A FREE MARKET CANDIDACY. The LAST THING we need is to get more involved with the bureaucracy of the official campaign. It would be good to have more communication back and forth, but let them do what they MUST do, and let the FREE MARKET take care of the rest.

apc3161
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I said this before and got laughted out

These are great ideas. This is what Obama, Hillary, Huckabee, and Romney did. Did Pauls campaign do this? No. Why not? I have no idea, but it sure wasn't lack of money. They need to bring in real professionals. It really isn't funny anymore.

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 08:29 AM
TWO MONTHS ago I asked them for the training videos so I could make DVDs and put it on the podcast. Two months later, not even a reply. WHY are the training videos stuck on their site protected with a password when we could hand them out to people on DVD?

Great point! Do you mean to tell me we don't have ONE PERSON who's clever enough to rip those things off the official site and make them available for other use? Yes, I'm advocating theft; this is a TERRIBLE decision by HQ, and stealing those videos to make them available for promoting Dr. Paul is a legitimate form of civil disobedience, as far as I'm concerned.

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM

When Bill Buckley was at a dinner party he once commented (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/williamfb400600.html), "I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University." We should be so lucky. It isn't just the managers.

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 08:31 AM

And it shows.

Duh... who do you think READS HIS EMAIL!!! He'll get the ones they want him to get. WE have to step forward as the grassroots, and fix the areas they can't handle. Look what the Blimp and the Operation New Hampshire ads are like compared to the ads from the campaign. SUPPORT those projects with your time and money.

rjl
01-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Why not? It cannot be the lack of money. Huckabee has almost no cash, and look at his GENIUS campaign.

The grassroots for Ron Paul is great. But it is like running with only one leg, we need both a good grassroots and a great campaign.
Iowa has shown us that the best grassroots in the world is no match to a good official campaign.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the official campaign get more effective. Right now, from what I hear, they're not even really advertising in SC. I've sent a few e-mails to the campaign and never had one returned. I don't know what we can do to make the official campaign listen to us, but I definitely know what we can do on our own. Grassroots projects like the blimp, Ron Paul Billboards, Ron Paul Air Corps, and the Jeremiah Black project are doing what the campaign doesn't.

Robert

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Reagan had more time to re-group between primaries.

All the more reason not to wait any longer. ;)

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM

Not those of us who have been warning about what we see and what to expect, no.

[immature smilie added for effect: :p]

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Coboman is wise and speaks the truth. The rest of you better open your eyes to the fact that the campaign is run by idiots.

If Ron Paul doesn't hire an ad agency and soon, he can give it all up. I am sick of calling the campaign headquarters and speaking to kids half my kids' age and not one of them has an ounce of respect or intelligence in their body. Good ideas get ignored, great ideas aren't understood

They better learn from their mistakes, quickly.

+1

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:38 AM

You are more than qualified to be hired by the official campaign. :(

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Read a thread on here earlier that a grassroots person contact the political advertising company who helped win Ventura the governor spot and helped Dean do well before the 'dean scream'. They mentioned that they wanted to work with the Paul campaign, that they'd tried over and over to contact the campaign and they hadn't gotten so much as a phone call back from anybody.

Professional help is out there, the campaign is just refusing it.

*Edit: Pardon my french, but holy shit these are good. !!!!

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

If they want to help, GET THEM ON HERE to help US! WE can do ANYTHING to promote Dr. Paul that the campaign COULD do. HQ HAS to handle the legal stuff, but we can take over the rest. We just have to decide to do it that way. Support the Blimp and Operation Broadcast Freedom, and look for other projects. Use the FREE MARKET of the grassroots if you're not happy with HQ.

ronpaulfan
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
The campaign people are bozos. Here are a few examples:

They didn't update the website until LATE MORNING on Dec 17th after we broke the US fundraising record. Should have been updated right away. As a consequence, we received almost NO coverage that morning.

The people running RonPaul2008DotCom on YouTube are COMPLETELY STUPID. They have no idea how to get videos to top the charts. They are SCREWING UP SO MUCH I WANT TO CRY.

On January 1st and 2nd, our website had our 2008 earnings on them. WTF!!! That confused newcomers making them think we raised SQUAT!!

The main website is CLUTTERED. It is an eyesore to look at. Where is our record fundraising? 50% straw poll wins? most money from troops? Too much information to sift through = TURN OFF

The campaign needs to NOT SUCK and then LEAD THE GRASSROOTS. With one email they could mobilize an ARMY of canvassers or get EVERYONE to actually GO to their local meetup. Every email to this point has been about fundraising. WE NEED REAL LEADERSHIP FROM THE CAMPAIGN. How to get it? Sad to say it but: CLEAN HOUSE AND HIRE PROFESSIONALS

partypooper
01-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I am sick of calling the campaign headquarters and speaking to kids half my kids' age and not one of them has an ounce of respect or intelligence in their body.

first, who hired all those kids? second, i heard dr paul repeatedly emphasizing the wisdom of the young and how young people follow him.

i am 35 and i am very annoyed by that. i can only imagine how conservatives in their sixties feel.

freelance
01-04-2008, 08:46 AM
When Bill Buckley was at a dinner party he once commented (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/williamfb400600.html), "I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University." We should be so lucky. It isn't just the managers.

Bradley, you have some influence. Can't you use it? Huckabee got Ed Rollins with no money in the bank.

What's your take on Drew Ivers? If he's all he's cracked up to be, then why isn't he at the national campaign. I (perhaps wrongly) fault him with not getting out the vote, since less than 1000 votes would have put us in third place--WAY less than that if we had peeled equal numbers from Thompson and McCain, but I don't think that we thought of either of them as the real threats a few days ago. Anyway, aside from that and the repetitive auto-calls, which cannot be blamed on him, because the grassroots takes some of that blame, I can't think of anything else to say negatively. Ron Paul was only going to put in the face time he did. No one was going to convince him to spend more time and resources in Iowa, and supporter/surrogates don't cut it in the early states.

Sorry about the ramble, but I'm just not sure what to think about last night, except that I keep focusing on how very close we came to third place. It was within our grasp. What can we learn from last night, except that we need to get out every single voter. Oh, that and all polls are not created equally. :rolleyes:

marcus3x
01-04-2008, 08:46 AM

i agree and this should've been done a long time ago.

noztnac
01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I made a thread called "What is war? We need to remind people."

It was deleted. Someone on this forum objected, I guess, to graphic images from the Iraq war and deleted the post. The entire purpose of my post was to point out that people need to be confronted with the harsh realities of war and stop pretending that they don't exist. I find it very troubling that my thread was deleted and I was not even contacted and given an explanation.

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:50 AM

I feel your pain, I really do. The problem is the execution. The ones to get the message are the volunteers there who are already treated terribly by the official staffers whose jobs they're doing. In the face of legitimate criticism, they fire who they can, ostracize the rest and if they persist they make up false rumors about them (the ones about me are hilariously entertaining).

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
I made a thread called "What is war? We need to remind people."

It was deleted. Someone on this forum objected, I guess, to graphic images from the Iraq war and deleted the post. The entire purpose of my post was to point out that people need to be confronted with the harsh realities of war and stop pretending that they don't exist. I find it very troubling that my thread was deleted and I was not even contacted and given an explanation.

While I have no idea why your thread was deleted, could you explain HOW that wins elections?

coboman
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I have suggested the email bomb again, and people think that it is bad.

That it will take valuable time from the campaign, who is too busy right now doing it all wrong. So they don't have time to listen that they are making huge mistakes. They only have time to make more mistakes.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 02:08 PM
It's kind of a sad thing. Dr. Paul's Campaign HQ is just not up to snuff because they don't trust the media, because they don't trust the media, the media doesn't work with them, and it just turns into a vicious cycle.

With a hq like that, you don't need a MSM conspiracy. Never attribute to malice what is more aptly explained by stupidity. Only, in the end, we're all going to blame the MSM anyway.

coboman
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Never attribute to malice what is more aptly explained by stupidity.
Heinlein's Razor. My favorite axiom ever.

Yes, the current path will lead us to defeat, and I find 5 major ways of thought that are forbidding us to make the right changes to win:

1) The grassroots can win this on its own.

2) The polls are not accurate.

3) The Official campaign knows what it is doing, and has a secret plan.

4) The lack of exposure on MSM is a conspiracy, and has nothing to do with the incompetence of the PR of the official campaign.

5) Think positive. If you believe something, it will come true.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-04-2008, 02:22 PM
All of these issues are irrelevant. We are in the WRONG PARTY. The GOP will NEVER, EVER accept Ron and his anti-war, pro-drug-legalization platform. It will simply NEVER happen, no matter what we do. We need to move quickly to get Ron into the general election with a new party.

AFM
01-04-2008, 02:22 PM
We need some professionals.
You cant win by just getting the disenfranchised part of america.
You need to capture the ears of the actual heart of america.

electronicmaji
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
We have so much force

We can flood cspan 2 with positive ron paul phone calls

we can tip a poll in favor of ron paul within minutes

we can flood cnn and msnbcs email boxes...

YET we can't call the campaign and simply tell them how we feel and most importantly tell Ron Paul how much he is putting at risk in the hands of these people?

noztnac
01-05-2008, 04:49 AM
While I have no idea why your thread was deleted, could you explain HOW that wins elections?

This isn't rocket science. Ron Paul is the only candidate opposing the war. Turning people against the war benefits him the most.

What is it you don't understand about that?

Revolution9
01-05-2008, 06:43 AM

The campaign does not have to supply hi res images for a brochure. There are a ton of hi res Ron Paul and supporter images on google.

This type of griping is circular. If you cannot get something from one place get it from another.

One phrase for all the whiners. You want this country back? The Lord helps those who help themselves. i will be satisfied one way or another whether this is a win or not as we are putting out a very powerful message. The numbers will rise. i am not worried. But I have MY plan. Call it a faith based initiative if you will.

HTH
Randy

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 07:07 AM

+1

colecrowe
01-05-2008, 07:15 AM
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,951519-8,00.html

"...the firing of Campaign Manager John Sears and his aides Charles Black and James Lake. In each of his presidential bids, Reagan relied heavily on one adviser. Sears was the man in 1976, and Reagan chose him again last year, despite the objections of his more conservative friends and despite the fact that he did not much like Sears personally. Reagan was acting on the advice of his personal staff, particularly Mike Deaver, who deeply respected Sears' ability. So totally did Reagan rely on Sears last winter that he permitted him to eliminate two of the candidate's most loyal retainers, Lyn Nofziger and, of all people, Deaver. Not until his unexpected defeat in the Iowa caucuses in January did Reagan really rebel. He was also annoyed by the way the press was playing up Sears as a kind of Svengali, and the candidate as Trilby.

Five weeks of anguish followed, during which Reagan worked behind the scenes to reorganize his conflict-ridden staff. Sears ended up trying to fire Ed Meese, his last important rival in the entourage. Finally fed up, Reagan discharged Sears and purged the whole top echelon of his campaign staff on New Hampshire primary day in February.

Though that was a bold move, the long imbroglio and its aftermath raise some serious doubts about Reagan's ability to handle subordinates. After Sears left, Reagan for months was responsible for an untidy and ineffective operation.

The staff now seems better organized; it has been strengthened by the rehiring of Deaver and, more recently, Stuart Spencer

RP-Republican
01-05-2008, 07:18 AM
It's to late to change the campaign Super Tuesday is 30 days from now. Forget the campaign and have all meet-ups chip in and put full page ads in your local papers it’s cheap and hits older voters that actually turnout and vote after that canvass, canvass, canvass with voter registration cards, literature and DVDs that you can get cheap only 25 cents each from http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 07:40 AM
THE CAMPAIGN HAS ALL OUR MONEY

Contact them today. Tell them we want a grassroots liaison. They have 20 million, they can hire ONE extra person.

One of the reasons we placed 5th in Iowa is that the voter database DISAPPEARED the morning of the caucus. The file was corrupted and there was no backup. Tell me this is part of the grand "strategy"

We need to contact RP HQ and the senior leadership needs to shake things up here. Everyone I got on the phone in Arlington does not seem to give a fuck one way or the other about the campaign. They sound like they are putting in their resumes. Call them up. You can almost feel the apathy through the telephone. Something needs to change.

coboman
01-05-2008, 09:37 AM
If they can't make the change on time (although we have been asking for more competence for months! ), then let's find a way to get the money we donated to them for our grassroots efforts.

ANYTHING is better than that inept, moronic, idiotic Official Campaign.

apc3161
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
The campaign does not have to supply hi res images for a brochure. There are a ton of hi res Ron Paul and supporter images on google.

This type of griping is circular. If you cannot get something from one place get it from another.

One phrase for all the whiners. You want this country back? The Lord helps those who help themselves. i will be satisfied one way or another whether this is a win or not as we are putting out a very powerful message. The numbers will rise. i am not worried. But I have MY plan. Call it a faith based initiative if you will.

HTH
Randy

If they were a poor campaign I would agree with this 100%. However, they now have 20 million dollars and they are not showing it.