PDA

View Full Version : To all Iowans...

Kilrain
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
...who voted for Ron Paul:

Thank you! We love you and appreciate you taking a stand for liberty!

jd603
01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
also report where he stood for your precinct against others!

Mastiff
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Sorry guys. I did my best... I'm sad to be from Iowa today.

Here's the silver lining. Paul got 5th place in my "super caucus" of 6 precincts. I know people in 3 of the precincts, and we got delegates in all 3. In fact, we got 50% of the delegates: 1 of the 2 allotted in each. So, maybe we'll get more than our straw poll share of delegates when it's all done.

Mastiff
01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
For the 6 precincts I was the witness for, here are the combined results:

Mitt: 245
Huck: 174
Fred: 118
McCain: 77
Paul: 56
Rudy: 19

Carole
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Do not be sorry.

Everybody thanks you for all your hard work and all the others who helped.

Congratulations on a job well done. It was a very tough task.

We did pretty well in a difficult state.

Thank you...Thank you. :) :D:D:D

Ron Paul Fan
01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
You're welcome! I actually got to meet Ron Paul at my precinct! Not all of the results from my precinct are in as it was rather crowded. I think Huckabee won it though.

Driftar
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm glad i went because now i'm a delegate, i got to speak out for Paul, change a few minds, cast doubt on the huckster, and helped defeat a silly resolution to declare english the national language at the federal level.

Jake!
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm an alternate delegate.

I'll repost my little field report:

First I'd like to say I'm pretty happy with 10%; I would have loved to see a better result. But remember we were polling less than 10% and Ron Paul spent less time and money in Iowa than some of the other candidates.

The officials said the turnout was about twice what it was in 2000. About 50% of the people there raised their hands when asked if it was their first Republican Caucus. It was the first caucus for my wife and I too. :eek:

46 total votes were cast in my Precinct:
Huckabee 20
Romney 9
McCain 7
Paul 6
Giuliani 3
Thompson 1

Paul was just FOUR VOTES from SECOND! :D
He ended up third in my county.

I was happy to be the vote counter representing the Paul campaign, and I am a alternate delegate for the county convention.

Jake!
01-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Sorry guys. I did my best... I'm sad to be from Iowa today.

Here's the silver lining. Paul got 5th place in my "super caucus" of 6 precincts. I know people in 3 of the precincts, and we got delegates in all 3. In fact, we got 50% of the delegates: 1 of the 2 allotted in each. So, maybe we'll get more than our straw poll share of delegates when it's all done.

We should be proud of our work.

I had no idea there were so many people dedicated to preserving our liberty!