PDA

View Full Version : PLEDGE DRIVE(?) Greenville Radio Spots

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Well right on the heels of completing the mail drive, I got a call back from one of the radio marketers.

He has access to 5 or 6 stations, and will sell 30 second spots for $5 each on an "as-available" 24 hour basis. That means most of the spots would be overnight, but we'd likely pick up a few daytimes too, as the computer balances out the advertising. He also can sell us 24 hour spots on a woman's "talk radio" format station for $3 each.

Of course, at this rate, if a buyer that wants the daytimes and pays full price, that would bump more of these into the overnights.

Let's say we raised $400. That's at least 80 spots and enough to spread over 2 or maybe 3 stations on Thursday AM through Saturday AM.

It sounds like a good deal to me. Instead of complaining about the main stream media ignoring us, maybe we should step up to the plate and participate with funds!

We've got until about close of business Wednesday to come up with a pledge total and decide.

What does everyone think?

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Lunchtime bump.

I would not be suprised if there is some "donor fatigue" here, after just completing the mail pledges... but I do think my contact is serious that he's trying to get airtime sold and is offering a good deal.

I mean - really - $500 is a drop in the bucket, for an airwave buy, for example. We could get several stations and lots of repetition.

And he said it's straight flat rate. If we buy just a few hundred dollars worth, it's still $5 a spot.

Maybe the way to stir some interest, to get some of the YouTube bloggers to make some spots. I think it would be cool to hear lots of "voices of the people" speaking up and explaining their stance.

DisabledVet
07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
The only way to enjoy Ron Paul's extra truth low fat spread with your toast is to SPREAD IT ON!!

specsaregood
07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok, I'll get this started. $100 bucks. Then I am tapped out for the time-being.

wbbgjr
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
did the guy tell you how many listeners they get?

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Ha ha specs... you said that at $200. It's infectous, isn't it? :D

Ron Paul is the "Open Source" campaign!

I've been spending more than I planned as well. (Gonna be driving to Shelby tonight to drop off a casher's check for the mailing.)

If we raise $300 in pledges for this, I'll cough up another $100. Can be anyone's spot, or a mix. Does not need to be mine (station approval may be involved, though).

R3VoLUT10N

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I can get back to him on that, but even if it's just 10,000 or so, the fact that we get lots of repitition makes up for the low listenership.

Heck, we just dropped close to $700 for 2000 post cards. This sounds like a good deal to me.

beermotor
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I can't afford to contribute anything, but I think it's awesome what you are doing MozoVote. I'm going to send this link to my meetup and see if I can drum up any support for ya.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Somone on here made a radio commercial for sc didnt they? I actually listened to i the other day and it was really good.

beermotor
07-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Somone on here made a radio commercial for sc didnt they? I actually listened to i the other day and it was really good.

Dig up the link man!

Let's put it on the air!

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
if i could remember the title of the thread... hmmmm

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 11:36 AM
ok, this is the one listened to the other day and thought was well done.
http://sdarwag.home.mindspring.com/RonPaul/GreenvillePaulAnnounceM2d.wav

wbbgjr
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm going by the "there's never a free lunch" thinking. I'm thinking the listenership is less than 10,000 to justify it being so cheap. unless radio ads are just cheap in nature because they are deemed less effective. If that were the case then I think radio ads would be great for Ron Paul. His message really catches people's attention and stands out from others.

Bruehound
07-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Not to hijack to a different subject but have automated phone calls been considered for that geography?

I know, I know...at first blush the reaction is "i hate those things" but bear in mind candidates use them to prompt votes or promote events cycle after cycle after cycle for one, and only one reason: They work.

Political calls are exempt from the Do Not Call registry and are very cheap. I used a company called Metrotec in one of my campaigns and 10,000 phone messages were left throughout my district in a span of 10 minutes for about 7 cents each.

wbbgjr
07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm willing to contribute to this pending if we can get some statistics on the number of listeners.

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Bump :)

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Not to hijack to a different subject but have automated phone calls been considered for that geography?

I know, I know...at first blush the reaction is "i hate those things" but bear in mind candidates use them to prompt votes or promote events cycle after cycle after cycle for one, and only one reason: They work.

Political calls are exempt from the Do Not Call registry and are very cheap. I used a company called Metrotec in one of my campaigns and 10,000 phone messages were left throughout my district in a span of 10 minutes for about 7 cents each.

Where is the study that says they work? I'm curious, because as soon as I find out it is an automated phone message, I immediately hang up.

beermotor
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Bump - even if it is a small amount of listeners, some of the spots may sneak into the day time and that will be BIG ... and good for us.

Maybe our contact can hook us up with a couple daytime spots by wiggling the computer?

Bruehound
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Where is the study that says they work? I'm curious, because as soon as I find out it is an automated phone message, I immediately hang up.

I completely understand your personal, individual feelings about robo-calls but methods of direct communication are tried and true political techniques and result in a net positive or they would not be used.

http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/PIP_Robocalls06.pdf

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I completely understand your personal, individual feelings about robo-calls but methods of direct communication are tried and true political techniques and result in a net positive or they would not be used.

http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/PIP_Robocalls06.pdf

That's real interesting, Bruehound, but the document you refer to does not include stats on whether automated calls are effective. No one questions that they are used; the question is whether they work.

That said, Mozo, I would be happy to help out a little financially on your plan.

wbbgjr
07-16-2007, 01:04 PM
i'll check out your pdf later,but I have to agree with libertyeagle in that Personally I don't know of a person who would sit there and listen.

studies, as we all know, can be very biased. it really depends on who's paying for the study and people don't release studies that don't further their point.

wbbgjr
07-16-2007, 01:06 PM
it is cheap though so it's all a numbers game. even with a high hang up rate, would it be worth it.

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I want to be a little circumspect about this lead. Naming the stations might not be such a good idea, if another campaign is watching this thread, and tries to buy up the cheap airtime to block us out.

But the average arbiton rating of these stations we can get onto, is about 5.0 based on this survey. They're good, middle of the pack buys.

http://www.radiodailynews.com/5-9%20greenville-spartanburg.htm

I will try to find out more about the night time listenership, though.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Bump.

I left a voice message with my contact... trying to get the night time listenership numbers.

Also, my spot on the competiting station did not air last night. The communications director told me "We've been doing renovations" and the check hasn't arrived. Arrggg! :( Hope it's just on the wrong desk, and that gets cleared up.

Those of you intersted in this, consider sending me a PM with your phone number. This radio buy could take some last minute brainstorming to pull off. I sent about 30 e-mails last night to YouTube people... it would be nice to get a couple of other spots made quickly.

Slugg
07-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Bump.

I left a voice message with my contact... trying to get the night time listenership numbers.

Also, my spot on the competiting station did not air last night. The communications director told me "We've been doing renovations" and the check hasn't arrived. Arrggg! :( Hope it's just on the wrong desk, and that gets cleared up.

Those of you intersted in this, consider sending me a PM with your phone number. This radio buy could take some last minute brainstorming to pull off. I sent about 30 e-mails last night to YouTube people... it would be nice to get a couple of other spots made quickly.

How can we record our voice for you?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
How can we record our voice for you?

See the thread about "give me six seconds" - I'd like to assemble another spot with some common people expressing their support for Ron Paul and using them as examples, of why people are coming to Greenville to hear him speak. Post the six second sound bites somewhere on a link, or e-mail them as WAVs or MP3s to

MozoVote /a-t/ mindspring /d-o-t/ com

Just say something like "Hi this is Brian in Bowling Green, Ron Paul won my support for his 20 year record of voting against tax increases" etc etc

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
People that were thinking about contributing: I have more information from the sales manager about the stations and listenership. It's in a powerpoint. Send me private messages with your e-mail addresses and I will forward on

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
This is the basic info I got on the audiences. I'll be getting to my PM's in a minute...

We should commit to a full purchase tonight - The sales manager has been patient with me, but he won't allow us to buy a little today, a little more tomorrow, etc. He's offering a package deal for remnant air.

What I plan to do is pay what I can tomorrow and get on the stations that we as a team find appealing.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1388/840471727_3d82222d37.jpg

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 05:16 PM
What kind of money are you trying to raise, Mozo and what kind of coverage will we get for it?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 05:30 PM
It's flat rate, $5 a spot. We can decide if we want more than one station.

However, we are limited to one spot per hour. So figure we will be limited to a max of about 12 spots per station.

Best possible case, 5 stations x 3 days x 12 spots = 180 spots for $900. We don't have to raise that much, though. Or we could plausibly raise more, and buy some spots in the daytime that cannot be bumped.

I think if we can come up with $400 or so, we will have done pretty good. I'll chip in $100 if there is $300 out there from the rest of RonPaulForums.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Oh yeah - WMYI 102.5 called me today. They got my check and cleared the spot for airing (after midnight). So if everything goes smoothly, we'll get to hear how it really sounds tonight, on at least one station.

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
It's flat rate, $5 a spot. We can decide if we want more than one station.

However, we are limited to one spot per hour. So figure we will be limited to a max of about 12 spots per station.

Best possible case, 5 stations x 3 days x 12 spots = 180 spots for $900. We don't have to raise that much, though. Or we could plausibly raise more, and buy some spots in the daytime that cannot be bumped.

I think if we can come up with $400 or so, we will have done pretty good. I'll chip in $100 if there is $300 out there from the rest of RonPaulForums.

I just bought 20 spots then! Thanks for doing the groundwork Mozo.
P.S. Check your paypal account.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Mozo,

I just sent $50 to your paypal account.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
That's *awesome* y'all! I know you both gave on the postcards, so I know you're reaching deep.

PEOPLE! I can't rely only on the same pledgers to "give blood" :) Come on, let's see some new pledgers for Greenville radio!

Only $150 more to a $100 bonus. It's gotta be out there....

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Moderators, excuse me. But I gotta bump this religiously tonight. :)

By the way, those of you pledging, let me know your station preferences. Is is better to go for the listeners, or should we get some spots on the talk radio station (smaller but more motivated audience)...?

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Moderators, excuse me. But I gotta bump this religiously tonight. :)

By the way, those of you pledging, let me know your station preferences. Is is better to go for the listeners, or should we get some spots on the talk radio station (smaller but more motivated audience)...?

I'd vote for the News Talk radio.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok, there are TWENTY FIVE people that voted, "YES. Pump up the volume!" Surely, there are some of you who can afford to pitch in some money for these radio ads? :confused:

We need $150 more. C'mon folks. :D

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Ok, there are TWENTY FIVE people that voted, "YES. Pump up the volume!" Surely, there are some of you who can afford to pitch in some money for these radio ads? :confused:

We need $150 more. C'mon folks. :D

Seriously. $5 bucks buys one spot. Just think, you can tell your friends you bought your very own radio spot or few. For a message you believe in. Targetted in an area that Ron Paul will be campaigning in, in less than a week. If you can't make it to SC (like I can't) then do this. IF you don't have the money, ask a friend or family.

Noodles
07-17-2007, 07:01 PM
How do I donate? I've never done PayPal before...

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
You just go to PayPal.com and link a credit card to it, or a bank account. Then make the payment to my e-mail address, which I can give you in private.

If you want to make a credit card payment without using PayPal, let me know in a private message. I'll give you the station sales manager's name, and number. It's all legit. I'm pretty sure he said they would accept CC payments and you can pay in the morning.

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
How do I donate? I've never done PayPal before...

If you send MOZO a PM with your email address and how much you want to donate. He can send you a "Money Request" for that amount via paypal.

Paypal will the send you an email with instructions. It will let you pay via credit card without registering (easiest), or you can register and send money via bank account.

Even for considering it, you are a great american.:)

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 07:14 PM
picking radio stations is pretty difficult. for example. talk radio (is it political talk) only gets 500 listeners as compared to pop (audience is less likely to vote?) which gets 15,300. News talk gets 5800 listeners (this group might be prime since they are up to date but maybe don't have there minds brainwashed by political talk radio.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
All the stations look good to me. They are adult, voting age demographics.

Pledge members steer the boat, though. :)

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I will vote to lean heavier towards news talk since those listeners are probably more informed, more likely to vote, and are already in an information soaking mood. the numbers on pop make it appealing. reaching 15,000 on $5? I'm guessing I'm reading it wrong. is the 15300 per day, per week?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Looks like the overnight listernership on their talk station is around 5800, which isn't real high but the daytime listenership is quite good.... about 70% of the best pop station.

Just more reasons to saturate the airwaves. It improves our odds of picking up some scrap afternoon/morning spots. :)

BTW, I recognize most of you from the postcard drive. AlphaMail said it went out today. Our efforts on that will touch 2000 households in the Greenville area. [thumbsUp] I did tell them to filter for residential only.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 07:53 PM
We're not going to have ANY radio spots, unless more people belly up to the bar and donate towards this effort.

C'mon folks. Every little bit helps. If you want to donate, pledge here and Mozo will send you the Paypal instructions.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I certainly would like to get as many committed pledges as possible. We probably can extend this drive into daybreak. But after that, I'm done with this effort - and plan to join any sign waves planned by the Greenville/Spartanburg meetups.

So *PLEDGE* y'all! :) Don't let the South Carolina visit by Ron generate the same criticism that Iowa received... that it was just "hard core supporters from out of state". We need to get the word to the locals.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
How much more money do we need, Mozo?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
$150 more and I'll add a hundred. We have all night. It can be done.

Folks, if the black and white post cards didn't excite you, here is a chance to do something different on this pledge drive.

Also, I do NOT have a big ego about getting my voice on the air. I'd be glad to promote another spot if someone records one that the pledge members support. :cool:

theoremaxim
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Now please visit my site and as our moderator says, belly up to the bar and buy a round. we need to spread the name Ron Paul if we're going to save this country. There is no excuse NOT to pull a few bucks out of your pockets. Your very freedom depends on it. I've already spent $10,000 or more on this campaign not counting my time. It is literally LIFE or DEATH. Many don't understand, but YOU SHOUD.

Visit my site and you will find a way to really spread the word in YOUR local area. My site is http://www.U8X.com/ (http://www.U8X.com/) and there you will find a magnetic car roof mounted backlit Ron Paul sign (http://www.U8X.com/) that is claimed by the manufacturer to deliver an average of 750,000 advertising impressions per month.

I have already sold 100 of these to Meetup groups across the country from Florida to Washington State. These signs, like the $5 radio spots are all neccessary if we are going to take our country back without violence. Otherwaise, we'll either have to shoot it out or live as slaves.

It's your call, literally, FREEDOM or FASCISM? You choose.

We are down to the wire here people. So open your wallets and pour some money into something other than taxes that are used against us.

NOTE: I am note the manufacturer of these signs, nor am I the actual seller. I make NO PROFIT from the sales. I am selling them on eBay and have sold about 7 so far earning about a $10 profit after paypal and ebay fees. That profit will be donated back to Ron Paul. The $100 I am donating here is out of my pocket.

So BELLY UP TO THE BAR AND SAVE YOUR OWN FAMILY, COUNTRY and in reality, the entire PLANET.

http://www.u8x.com/Images/RonPaulAdvertise2.jpg

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Ok. I just looked at the powerpoint presentation and it cleared up things a bit. The News Talk station (WORD) with 5800 listeners has a lineup of O'reilly, hannity, limbaugh, and others. The Talk station (WGVC) with 500 listeners is a Female Personality Talk format.

I'll stay with the vote for News Talk (WORD).

How much are the daytime spots?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 08:44 PM
To be honest I didn't even ask how much they were - but stations were quoting me $50 to $90 per spot earlier in the week. Remnant daytimes may be more reasonable. If you want to make a side pledge strictly for daytime I'll convey that, but I don't know what they will cost.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
theoremaxim: With your pledge we are only $50 away from my commitment to contribute $100 to this drive. Way to go!

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
I just visited the WORD's website www.newsradioword.com and they have a rotating news headline. One of them is "Ron Paul, Presidential Candidate, to visit Upstate".

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Theoremaxim!! :) Hook up with Mozovote and he will send you the Paypal account for your donation.

Thanks again for helping out.

WHO IS NEXT? :)

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
To be honest I didn't even ask how much they were - but stations were quoting me $50 to $90 per spot earlier in the week. Remnant daytimes may be more reasonable. If you want to make a side pledge strictly for daytime I'll convey that, but I don't know what they will cost.

If we're going to do this and I grant you these would be VERY good spots, we're going to need to raise a LOT more money.

MsDoodahs
07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Mozo, you still around?

Noodles
07-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay guys, I just donated a whopping $15, in honor of John from Des Moines...
actually, it's all I can afford tonight. I do promise to help more with the next project.;)

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
He's around, MsDoodahs. I just got a message from him.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Thank you Noodles, we are getting verrrry close!

C'mon! :) WHO HAS $35? I'll drop a "C" note in the pot! :)

Lord Xar
07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I'll do $35 --> same paypal as you previously gave me for the Postcards?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Yep.

OMG! We have made it! Say bye bye to Mr Ben. :D

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1425/842787644_cfa83db6f4.jpg

Noodles
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Did you hear that cork pop? Wooohooo!

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
You think ANY other candidates have threads/actions like this going on? I would surprised if they did.

So are we in agreement that Talk Radio is the way to go? Or maybe mix in something else with more listeners? Maybe classic rock?

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 09:22 PM
For anyone that hasn't pledged yet to this drive. I'll match $50 if we get a new donor to pledge $50. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to donate it to Guiliani.. haha

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:28 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/842885230_3e47c9554a.jpg

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm ok with any of the stations except the Female Talk radio one cuz the listenership is too low.

George Noory's show is on at 11P-5A on the Political Talk station , which will be basically our time slot. Anyone know anything about Noory? Is he the guy that talks about UFOs?

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Yup.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:33 PM
We have enough spots now to cover more than 1 station. Figure 30 to 36 is plenty for any one of them.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Hit Radio really has the listeners. In addition to talk radio, I hope we hit this one too. I wish we could hit most of 'em, actually, but I know that's impossible.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
One person suggested in private that we consider paying for a professional announcer. I'm open to the idea since we've scraped up a healthy pile now... or do we apply all of it to air time?

BTW, my own spot should appear on WMYI tonight. I need to remember to activate stream capture and check it tomorrow.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
For anyone that hasn't pledged yet to this drive. I'll match $50 if we get a new donor to pledge $50. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to donate it to Guiliani.. haha

Ok folks.... here's a great offer. Anyone going to take him up on it? :D

MsDoodahs
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Okay, time to step up, people.

I bought 20 more spots for the cause.

Your turn!

Delaware
07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
provide link and ill buy some

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
:eek: MsDoodahs brings us to $500!!! :eek:

Noodles
07-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Rock on, good people. I'm feeling much love for all of you.:)

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Delaware, if you want info send me an e-mail in private and I'll forward the brochure for the stations. You can either PayPal a donation or you can call the station tomorrow morning and credit card it.

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Okay, time to step up, people.

I bought 20 more spots for the cause.

Your turn!

And the virus called Freedom strikes again.

Who else wants to join the club, don't be left out, space is unlimited!

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 09:59 PM
We can cover 3 stations Now. :)

Hey wbbgjr... what did you say about $50 more? ;)

It's midnight, I'm streaming MY102.5... hope they got me programmed.

Delaware
07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
send me the message, ill paypal some

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Sounds good.. So Paypal?

He wbbgjr... what did you say about $50 more? ;)

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah! If you PayPal me another 50, we're at $550 pledged. Thank you, I know you were a previous postcard donor too.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1292/842284533_0dee0f23bf.jpg

wbbgjr
07-17-2007, 10:26 PM
What's the link to the stream? The link I tried didn't work for me.

Hey wbbgjr... what did you say about $50 more? ;)

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm listening. It's in the upper right corner. Have not heard the spot yet... they limited me to one per hour.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Mozo.. did you include the link somewhere? If so, I don't see it. Would you enter it again please?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:33 PM
WMYI is here

http://www.wmyi.com/main.html

Still crossing my fingers a bit. This is new to me, but I have a voice mail from the sales manager that it would air tonight.

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Blah ... they're playing "lowdown" ... what I'll do for RP.

:P

Delaware
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
ok, done, i donated what i could. :D

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Just got wwbjr's match with his $50, thank you for covering Paypal fees.

BTW, if my spot does not air tonight, don't "rip me" - I am at the mercy of people to do their jobs. AlphaMail came through, for example. At least this station is just my own money.

I will be very clear with Bill tomorrow when I send all of your money to him. (Plus $100 of my own)

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
We've really racked up! It looked like we would have a slow night but I think LibertyEagle's kicking for pledges got through to people! Heh.

Now $620. 124 spots.

4 stations! :) :) :) :)

specsaregood
07-17-2007, 10:59 PM
We've really racked up! It looked like we would have a slow night but I think LibertyEagle's kicking for pledges got through to people! Heh.

Now $620. 124 spots.

4 stations! :) :) :) :)

Good job to ALL.
Mozo, if thousands of people show up and a "peaceful resistance" freedom riot breaks out; its you fault...errr credit. :)

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 11:05 PM
specsaregood, you've been a great example with your contributions to take things in our own hands and get the message out. This is the "open source" campaign - you can step in at any point and make a difference!

Even my own mother thought it was "cool" when I showed her the post card proofs yesterday.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Mozo... GREAT JOB!

empirenine
07-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Just sent $27. I think that'll cover 5 spots and the PayPal fees.

Rock on people. I love you all (not like that).

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Thank You Mike for buying 5 spots! Up to $645

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 11:11 PM
By the way I will ask Bill at Entercom to look at this thread tomorrow. Maybe he'll post a congratulations to everyone. He gave us a good price, but he should be pleased to get so much remnant time sold!

Delaware
07-17-2007, 11:21 PM
lets keep it goin fellas

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Ha ha, yeah I will check this thread before leaving for work if there are more pledges.

Sorry my spot hasn't played on WMYI (Clear Channel), I'll have to follow up with them tomorrow. But I'm not too surprised, it was only a $150 purchase and they had touble finding my check. There may be a right hand / left hand situation getting the spot up.

I will cc: you all on my communications with these funds for Entercom - anyone that has pledged, send me an e-mail address in private message.

ThePieSwindler
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Mozo now that you have the spots, when are you planning on producing commercials? Is aravoth or something going to help with that?

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I'd be glad to see us use other spots than my own. My spot is pretty vanilla, just me talking. No music, or clips of Ron speaking, or other voices. There is lots of room for people to be creative with this.

Just remember the goal is to promote Ron Paul's appearance in Greenville July 21st. Keep it positive, no attacking anybody. :) And no copyrighted music, I don't wanna be sued!

Delaware
07-17-2007, 11:47 PM
What is actually going to be played on the radio time

MozoVote
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Delaware, all we have to work with is my spot for airing.

http://sdarwag.home.mindspring.com/RonPaul/GreenvillePaulAnnounceM2d.mp3

The stations are a mix of contemporary music types, and there is one talk radio AM station.

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Have you tried contacting any IOWA radio stations???? Perhaps we should hit that market too.. ALSO, if you do - I would suggest a professional announcer.. I am gonna be making a run to my buddies house this weekend to do some radio commericals.. He has a professional studio and we will probably add royalty free/public domain music and do some voice overs..

Delaware
07-18-2007, 12:06 AM
yeah we gotta do iowa

Delaware
07-18-2007, 12:12 AM
What is the message that is airing?

You should contact the campaign and get a recording of Ron Paul saying " I'm ron paul and i support this message"

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Adding that, would make the ad part of the campaign... would blur the lines too much between them and a grassroots ad paid for independently.

And you only need that disclaimer from the candidate, when it's an ad near the primary date and when it mentions an opposing candidiate.

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
I just got another confirmation from RonPalHawaii for $55. THANK YOU for your support helping South Carolina!

That makes it a nice even $700. Hooyeah!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1376/843802302_3b35390f59.jpg

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
That's real interesting, Bruehound, but the document you refer to does not include stats on whether automated calls are effective. No one questions that they are used; the question is whether they work.

That said, Mozo, I would be happy to help out a little financially on your plan.

it is cheap though so it's all a numbers game. even with a high hang up rate, would it be worth it.

IMHO - Business as usual is outdated and ROBOCALLS are a nuisance.

See the thread about "give me six seconds" - I'd like to assemble another spot with some common people expressing their support for Ron Paul and using them as examples, of why people are coming to Greenville to hear him speak. Post the six second sound bites somewhere on a link, or e-mail them as WAVs or MP3s to

MozoVote /a-t/ mindspring /d-o-t/ com

Just say something like "Hi this is Brian in Bowling Green, Ron Paul won my support for his 20 year record of voting against tax increases" etc etc

Hhmmm...

Did you hear that cork pop? Wooohooo!

You think ANY other candidates have threads/actions like this going on? I would surprised if they did.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/842885230_3e47c9554a.jpg

:D

:eek: MsDoodahs brings us to $500!!! :eek:

Rock on, good people. I'm feeling much love for all of you.:)

:)

yeah we gotta do iowa

OK

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Lord Xar, I have not gotten involved with Iowa's media. I don't think I will... What I wanted to do with this effort was show what can be accomplished. I do hope the next cities where Ron appears, will study these pledge drives and see that it is possible to make spur of the moment media blitzes.

It may become more difficult later in the season to get radio ads though, the price will rise when the campaign is in full swing.

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Adding that, would make the ad part of the campaign... would blur the lines too much between them and a grassroots ad paid for independently.

And you only need that disclaimer from the candidate, when it's an ad near the primary date and when it mentions an opposing candidiate.

How about getting some people to say;

"We're not Ron Paul and We support this message!!!

jus a thought...

or "...we hope he hears...

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Well, I looked on the FEC website, and as far as I can tell it's not required to say who paid for the ad until 30 days before the primary.

The radio stations have not objected to the spot. (I submitted it for preview) It seems fine.

That said, it could be beneficial if we make some spots that are clearly "voices of the people". We need to move RP beyond that "Internet only" mystique.

tron paul
07-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Mozo, my $25 is on the way.

Hope we can break a grand, and swing an even better deal with the stations.

Heck, let's go for 5 grand and start buying TV ads too!

Delaware
07-18-2007, 12:40 AM
how frequent are these ads? lets try to get 1000!

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:41 AM
We are limited to one per hour, across 5 stations. (Well, there is a sixth, and it's only $3 a spot on that one, but the pledge members have not shown much interest in getting air time there.)

If we go beyond $900 we may run out of cheap $5 spots and will need to buy pricier ones that are guaranteed for evenings/mornings.

I had planned to go to bed a few hours ago, honestly, but oh well it's for a good cause, right? :D Man, I hope I can think clearly at work tomorrow....

Delaware
07-18-2007, 12:44 AM
"We The People support this mesage!"

ronpaulhawaii
[Growing multitude of whispers]

Ron Paul, Ron Paul, etc...

</whispers>

Who IS Ron Paul?

Did you know he is running for President?

Did you know he has won every debate so far?

Did you know he is coming here, to speak to you?

Did you know he is dominating in NewMedia Polls?

Did you know he has x # of grass root supporters more than y?

Have you heard his message of the value of Liberty

Have you heard his platform of Constitutional Integrity

Who IS Ron Paul?

Find out!

[Growing multitude of cheers]

Ron Paul, Ron Paul, etc...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
or summin lydat

:D

Delaware
how long do these last? A week?

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:48 AM
We're gonna bang the early morning air Thurs AM, Fri AM, and Sat AM.

Ron Paul will be speaking by around 4:00 pm Saturday. I don't think advertising beyond breakfast hour Saturday, would help. Most people will have made their plans for the weekend.

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Just got a pledge for $25 in from Tron Paul! The wave keeps cresting higher! :)

$725 now

wbbgjr
07-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Not trying to make your job any harder Mozo, but I'm wondering who are these people that are awake at 3 am and are they a good demographic to target?

Obviously everyone who's pledged has basically agreed to these $5 a spot ads, but just throwing this question out there .. maybe something to think about next time. It would be cool to be advertising on let's say Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity's show.

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I know first assumption is it's the Art/Bell and Truthers, but there are also people who are driving back from some late engagement, or can't sleep. It depends.

The spots are on a 24 hour "as available" basis, so we will likely get a few in better time slots than just overnight.

Programmers code pretty late at night, too. :)

tron paul
07-18-2007, 01:01 AM
To help get this thread dugg, I'm using my saved up credits at subvert&profit!

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/RON_PAUL_PLEDGE_DRIVE_Greenville_Radio_Spots

Subvert the digg bury brigade agenda, sign up here:

http://subvertandprofit.com/user/signup?referrer=phibre

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 01:02 AM
"We The People support this mesage!"

I like this whole angle, I do think the cadence is important i.e. "We are The People, and We support this msg"...

And mozo, good job, get some rest, we are in this for the long haul...

my$00.02 @9:01pm

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I am getting tired myself, though. It's midnight even in California now so I think it's defensible to sign off. Any last minute pledgers can still join, I will check the thread before starting my work day.

I can't thank everyone enough for joining this drive! I thought everyone was burned out from the postcard drive last weekend. I guess some access to modern media energized the supporters!

G'night, see y'all in the morning.

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 01:41 AM
wouldn't it be nice to give Mozo a healthy suprise when he gets up???

Razmear
07-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Bump, and someone PM me Mozo's paypal address.

eb

Dan Klaus
07-18-2007, 02:38 AM
i'll help...bump for Mozo's paypal address...

Razmear
07-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Got the paypal address, thanks!

eb

Delaware
07-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Maybe we can get this fund up to 1000, after this I think it would be good to blitz Iowa and New Hampshire, we should start funding for these as well.

Razmear
07-18-2007, 03:15 AM
DRAFT MOZOVOTE!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7718

Dan Klaus
07-18-2007, 03:50 AM
You have sent $25.00 USD to (email address). An email has been sent to the recipient.

Hope this helps....sorry its not more...doing the best I can considering I have my first newborn coming in Sept..

Razmear
07-18-2007, 03:53 AM
I emptied out the $11.01 that I had in my Paypal account for the cause, wish it could have been more, but I'm barely making ends meet at the moment.

eb

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 04:12 AM
You have sent $25.00 USD to (email address). An email has been sent to the recipient.

Hope this helps....sorry its not more...doing the best I can considering I have my first newborn coming in Sept..

Congratulations...

I emptied out the $11.01 that I had in my Paypal account for the cause, wish it could have been more, but I'm barely making ends meet at the moment.

eb

$10 from 230 is alot more valuable than $2300 from one

KUTGW, I stay go moi-moi...

zzzzzzz......

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 05:03 AM
Rise and shine! :) I'll round off those last two as $35.

$760 total.

It might even still be possible to squeeze in a couple more. I will probably be at Kinko's FAXing the forms to Bill Simmons in about 30 mins.

If someone wants to sneak in $40 bucks and "top it off" at $800, give me a shout!

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 05:49 AM
About to go to Kinkos now.

Thanks again everybody.

The final total that will be entrusted to ENTERCOM is $760 - $20 bank fees - $5 FAX = $735 for up to 147 spots.

I will cc everyone that has sent me a PayPal, on my communications with them. Let me know if I have missed anyone and you are not being copied.

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 05:51 AM
mozo, thanks for doing this!

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 06:07 AM
All you folks, ROCK! :D

Dan Klaus
07-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Thanks Mozo - good organization...now this is how things get done!! Let me know when you organize the calling campaign for SC...:D

rich34
07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
I just wonder though, if the people that hear this message want to attend Beltram's event will they be able to without calling and registering first? I know it's still good to have tons of people outside, but it now seems they want to see us pack the place!

MsDoodahs
07-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Not trying to make your job any harder Mozo, but I'm wondering who are these people that are awake at 3 am and are they a good demographic to target?

11p - 7a nurses :D

beermotor
07-18-2007, 07:17 AM
This rules guys. WE ARE THE CAMPAIGN.

Keep kicking ass. I am amazed at how this has taken off. We are going to win this thing yet.

If Paul wins, I win $1000 from a buddy - I think I will donate that to Josh Lowry, MozoVote, and a couple other hardcore folks who've done a lot of good for the campaign (RohanT and GigaPlex maybe!).

Razmear
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
WORD is one of the radio stations that we are buying ads on and i just heard that Bob McClain of WORD will be MC for the Greenville Event!!

I guess we can expect some free air time on that station in addition to the ads.

eb

Razmear
07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Just checked:
http://www.newsradioword.com/

Bob McClain is on 3 to 6pm weekdays, the afternoon drive spot.

eb

skyorbit
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Are these ads in Iowa? I'll donate money if these ads are in Iowa.

Tracy

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
No. These are for South Carolina.

skyorbit
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Maybe we can get this fund up to 1000, after this I think it would be good to blitz Iowa and New Hampshire, we should start funding for these as well.

Agreed. Iowa is more important IMHO. We've got Free Staters on the Ground in NH pretty much galvanizing the entire state.

Tracy

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
I've been on the phone with Bill, he says "we're in the system" - we had a little drama with the FAX quality at first ... but last call, everything was cool.

WMYI gave me a spot log from Clear Channel to watch for my other ones tonight... maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. They say they are airing.

gabeh73
07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
where do I send the radio ad money? gabriel.harris@woodmac.com

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Just hang on to it, if you were not already pledged on this drive. I'm sure somebody will start one for another city, after seeing how this one fared! :)

Razmear
07-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Check out this screen shot from W.O.R.D. radio station:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/975/rpwordgb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By razmear (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/razmear) at 2007-07-18

It's in the story rotation on the front page of:
http://www.newsradioword.com/

eb

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Yessssssss

Can't wait to see them put up a presidential poll! ;)

Roxi
07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
its kind of funny to see the front page show ron paul and limbaugh in the same pic

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
They've called me back and asked permission to use my name and phone number in a disclaimer - their lawyers are nervous about airing an untagged advertisement, even outside the 30 day primary window. Bleah. What I'll do for this media blitz. :rolleyes:

But it will be re-recorded with a professional voice, and I'm being told that it can be done and still make it for tonight's airing.

Why does this situation remind me of rainbow gatherings.... "SOMEBODY has to sign the permit"

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 01:51 PM
We need our own group name....

I think "Concerned citizens of America" is taken and I don't think "Pissed off citizens of America" would probably go across too well. hhmmm....

You know, so we can have the disclaimer, .... paid for by blankety-blank.

Uh... just kidding.

Razmear
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Why not just say it was paid for by members of RonPaulForums.com and get a double plug?

eb

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I tried that, they wanted an individual because the payment was made by an individual.

There is one advantage of a PAC. Pool the money and protect the privacy of the contributors.

beermotor
07-18-2007, 02:18 PM
nod ... well, just take the credit, and associate yourself with RonPaulForums.com. I don't think any of us begrudge it! You've done some good work, soldier.

rich34
07-18-2007, 02:21 PM
nod ... well, just take the credit, and associate yourself with RonPaulForums.com. I don't think any of us begrudge it! You've done some good work, soldier.

Agreed. Also if they redo, if it's possible please post a clip of what it sounds like. That would be cool.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I DO NOT think we should recommend that any but the true believers come to this forum to find out about Ron Paul. It is not the place for new folks. I think it would scare away a lot of people. Seriously.

Razmear
07-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Hmmm,
You may already be a PAC:

In the US, a political action committee, or PAC, is the name commonly given to a private group, regardless of size, organized to elect or defeat government officials or to promote legislation. Legally, what constitutes a "PAC" for purposes of regulation is a matter of state and federal law. Under the Federal Election Campaign Act, an organization becomes a "political committee" by receiving contributions or making expenditures in excess of $1,000 for the purpose of influencing a federal election.

http://www.answers.com/topic/political-action-committee?cat=biz-fin

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I DO NOT think we should recommend that any but the true believers come to this forum to find out about Ron Paul. It is not the place for new folks. I think it would scare away a lot of people. Seriously.

I just got the new copy.

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE RON PAUL IS COMING TO GREENVILLE THIS SATURDAY JULY 21ST. RON PAUL WILL PROTECT AMERICANS FREEDOMS AND PRIVACY, AND TRULY UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION. HE’LL PRESS FOR INCOME TAX REFORM, FOR REDUCING THE SIZE OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, AND WILL BRING THE TROOPS HOME FROM IRAQ. COME HEAR RON PAUL AT THE CAROLINA FIRST CENTER THIS SATURDAY 3 TO 5. VISIT RON PAUL 2008 DOT COM. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT.

PAID FOR BY INDIVIDUALS FROM RON PAUL FORUMS AND IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY RON PAUL. PO BOX 9209 CHARLOTTE NC 28299. /my phone number/

I don't think it's that big a deal. The disclaimer will be read quickly and most people will pay more attention to the main ad.

Delaware
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Citizens for Paul PAC ! !

We should make a PAC

This is great thanks for doing this mozo. :D

empirenine
07-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I just got the new copy.

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE RON PAUL IS COMING TO GREENVILLE THIS SATURDAY JULY 21ST. RON PAUL WILL PROTECT AMERICANS FREEDOMS AND PRIVACY, AND TRULY UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION. HE’LL PRESS FOR INCOME TAX REFORM, FOR REDUCING THE SIZE OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, AND WILL BRING THE TROOPS HOME FROM IRAQ. COME HEAR RON PAUL AT THE CAROLINA FIRST CENTER THIS SATURDAY 3 TO 5. VISIT RON PAUL 2008 DOT COM. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT.

PAID FOR BY SEAN WAGLE AND INDIVIDUALS FROM RON PAUL FORUMS AND IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY RON PAUL. PO BOX 9209 CHARLOTTE NC 28299. /my phone number/

I don't think it's that big a deal. The disclaimer will be read quickly and most people will pay more attention to the main ad.

Did you consider setting up a Skype phone number to collect any calls that come in? Its only about $12 a quarter, and I personally wouldn't mind you spending that much from our fund to save your personal phone number from being publicized.

I guess the number could eventually have a message about Ron Paul on it too, which could be cool (and dual-purpose).

Razmear
07-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd expect that last part with his phone number to be read as fast as the disclaimers at the end of a car dealership ad, so probably nothing to worry about there.

eb

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Sometimes you just run out of time to plan things better. :)

I got off the phone with Bill Simmons and he assured me the spots will run, he just isn't sure if he will be in the office and able to forward the new MP3 before he leaves.

But it will be running on all six of their stations.

WFBC, 93.7 fm Hit Radio
WTPT, 93.3 fm Active Rock
WROQ, 101.1 fm Classic Rock
WSPA, 98.9 fm Adult Contemporary
WORD 1330/950 am News Talk
WGVC, 106.3 fm Talk/Personality

BIG_J
07-18-2007, 03:22 PM
NICE:) Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! GO SC!!!

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh well. Since I have no choice but to lend my voice mail box to the cause for the next few days, I'm changing my greeting to give directions to the Carolina First Center. May as well make some lemonade from the change in script.

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Entercom did finish their version of the spot.

It is pretty good, one minor flub is the disclaimer says "paid for by 'the' Sean" (my name). Oh well, that's not a biggie.

I doubt I could have read the script that quick, and I didn't have any background music. Studio turnaround is what made the day.

http://sdarwag.home.mindspring.com/RonPaul/RonPaulEntercom.mp3

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
:cool: :D

<chuckle>

wbbgjr
07-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds great.

I guess you made it big. They call you "THE Sean" these days.

tron paul
07-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh well. Since I have no choice but to lend my voice mail box to the cause for the next few days, I'm changing my greeting to give directions to the Carolina First Center. May as well make some lemonade from the change in script.

I'm can't believe what you've accomplished!:eek:
Figured I'd meet good people in Ron Paul Army, but you are amazing!

Thanks for setting such a sterling example for the rest of us rabble-tarians.

Lord Xar
07-19-2007, 01:12 AM
mozo -- was that you on that last mp3? nice... that last one was very very good.

can you mention something, in your NEXT radio ads... no amnesty, strong secure borders.... .. everyone is leaving that out, but it resonates with ALOT of people....

btw.. where did you get that done at? The voiceover, that is.

MozoVote
07-19-2007, 03:24 AM
The second one was a "real" announcer. I agreed to let Entercom re-record the ad, in order to fit the disclaimer on there.

Hey, mine wasn't that bad. The general manager said it was a good spot for a non-professional. ;) But they wanted to cover themselves with a disclaimer to placate the lawyer.

empirenine
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I love the new recording. Proud to have been a part of this, and hope to do more like it soon.