PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul mentioned in WSJ Q2 article

Stuckinthesand13
07-16-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty new to the site and I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I thought you guys would like to know that RP was mentioned in this WSJ article.

Edit: Link removed. It requires a subscription to view...sorry!

"Among Republicans filing Sunday, Ron Paul, the Texas congressman running a long-shot campaign, reported raising nearly $2.4 million from April through June and ended the quarter with a similar amount in the bank.

The total is a remarkable showing for Mr. Paul, putting him ahead of Arizona Sen. John McCain in cash on hand. Mr. Paul still barely registers in public opinion polls and raised far less than Mr. McCain or the other leading Republicans. But his libertarian views and opposition to the war in Iraq have lit a fire among nontraditional contributors, particularly on the Internet.

Mr. Paul has relied on his debate appearances and on an online network to spread his message. He also spent $120,000 on printing and mailing fundraising letters, his single biggest expense. Overall, he has raised $3 million for the year and spent $646,000."

PatriotOne
07-16-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty new to the site and I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I thought you guys would like to know that RP was mentioned in this WSJ article. http://http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118452269830766920.html?mod=home_whats_news_us

"Among Republicans filing Sunday, Ron Paul, the Texas congressman running a long-shot campaign, reported raising nearly $2.4 million from April through June and ended the quarter with a similar amount in the bank.

The total is a remarkable showing for Mr. Paul, putting him ahead of Arizona Sen. John McCain in cash on hand. Mr. Paul still barely registers in public opinion polls and raised far less than Mr. McCain or the other leading Republicans. But his libertarian views and opposition to the war in Iraq have lit a fire among nontraditional contributors, particularly on the Internet.

Mr. Paul has relied on his debate appearances and on an online network to spread his message. He also spent $120,000 on printing and mailing fundraising letters, his single biggest expense. Overall, he has raised $3 million for the year and spent $646,000."

Can you check the link..I just keep getting this:

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

angelatc
07-16-2007, 07:45 AM
The WSJ site is pretty much a subscription site. That might be the problem.

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks, Stuck, and welcome aboard. Yes, you put the article in exactly the right place.

JaylieWoW
07-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm pretty new to the site and I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I thought you guys would like to know that RP was mentioned in this WSJ article. http://http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118452269830766920.html?mod=home_whats_news_us

As a side note, I think this is something that really needs to be hammered on. I believe a very high number of Americans know and believe that government is irresponsible with tax dollars. This is evidenced by the sheer number of "chain" emails I see coming through with jokes about $400 hammers, etc. etc. (or something along those lines). This is absolutely prudent spending, I'll be writing as many newspapers as I can (editorial and otherwise) pointing this out to them. I'd love to see others do the same.