PDA

View Full Version : Lew Rockwell on Ron Paul

Harry96
07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
http://blog.lewrockwell.com

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Ron Paul Earthquake
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 12:21 AM

Never in American political history has there been a booming volunteer-driven, decentralized effort like Ron Paul's. All over the country, tens of thousands of self-directed individuals and groups print their own yard signs, banners, push cards, and bumper stickers; organize their own neighborhoods, towns, and states, and regions; rally and raise money; go door-to-door; demonstrate near malls and traffic intersections; register and organize voters; educate themselves in the new and old classics of liberty; create YouTubes; make phone calls; dominate FaceBook and MySpace; set up Yahoo groups, blogs, mailing lists, and Meetups; and even buy their own billboards. (Thanks to Adam Dada for the URL.) In an industry used to central direction and very tight control, this is a spontaneous and perhaps unstoppable revolution. In DC, they're feeling the ground move under their feet, and fearing the future. In America, they've seldom felt so much hope.

Slugg
07-16-2007, 01:14 AM
You know, it's almost like it's 'Non Central planning versus Central Planning.'

One could make the argument that Ron Paul's success is a tribute to his 'freedom works' message. I think it's important that we keep it up!!!!!!

randolphus maximus
07-16-2007, 01:16 AM
That's a great take on what's happening.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 01:18 AM
If we only knew how powerful 'we the people' really are when we band together... thanks to the internet... it is now possible.

Thomas_Paine
07-16-2007, 01:53 AM
I agree, the people have all the power and this is going to show during the campaign. Our passion for liberty will spread, under the banner of Ron Paul's candidacy.

Harry96
07-16-2007, 02:23 AM
You know, it's almost like it's 'Non Central planning versus Central Planning.'

One could make the argument that Ron Paul's success is a tribute to his 'freedom works' message. I think it's important that we keep it up!!!!!!

This is a very astute observation. The way the Paul campaign has come together is like a metaphor for the market economy, as well as for the kind of president Paul would be vs. the kind his opponents would be: Spontaneous order vs. central planning. And of course, in the long-run, people acting independently in their own self-interest beats central planning every time.

IrrigatedPancake
07-16-2007, 05:03 AM
It's like The Civil War's been revived, but we're not centralizing our efforts now that we're fighting as did the confederacy, which arguably lead to their defeat and the centralized consolidation of power that took hold in the US government from Lincoln on.

sunny
07-16-2007, 06:37 AM
maybe it's busy but i cannot open lewrockwell's page........every other website but that one........interesting........

ecliptic
07-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Another interesting point is the huge advantage the Ron Paul campaign has in campaign spending. All those home-made signs and individual efforts save the campaign money... LOTS of money. I hazard a guess that our campaign has a 10 to 1 advantage over others based on these individual efforts. Our couple of million dollars trumps Ghoul-iani's 18 mill easily. Others will waste millions on television commercials while this campaign will have powerful grassroots face-to-face local presence that is vastly more effective.

We will win.

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Yet, hardly anyone even knows who Ron Paul is.