PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Card: Anything you would change?

empirenine
07-16-2007, 12:13 AM
In the next few days, I will be placing an order for a large number of liberty cards in order to distribute them cheaper than they are offered here (http://www.libertycard.org). My prices will be significantly lower than on that site as I'm not going for profit.

http://www.libertytalk.com/images/rp_general.jpg

I wanted to know if anyone has suggestions to make these cards better, or if you would leave them as they are? If a change would make you more likely to buy and distribute them, what would it be?

I managed to distribute 400 of these in less than a week (putting them on cars and sending them in orders placed on my t-shirt website). Being that I'm almost out, I figured I'd order a HUGE lot and pass along the savings to the troops!

foofighter20x
07-16-2007, 12:47 AM
These cards need to say "for President" or "President" on them somewhere.

Lord Xar
07-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I agree with FOO.. but I also think you need to bullet point his issues...
I personally think you should mention "strong on border security and enforcement" etc.. and all the other things he is know for..

hmmm.. its hard for me to say.. its cool that the back has all these websites and #1 thingies.. but entice them more for them to look. If someone was to just read that, most other repbulicans support those same key issues... lower taxes..limited government.. I would just add some "additonal" things.. like restoring the constitution... saving the republic.. etc... but thats just me.. if you are gonna get a TON of cards made, perhaps you should get a better sample by posting on the general board.

rpf2008
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
You might get better "real-estate" if you did the front like the back (long vs wide text).

I'd like to see some bullet points also, maybe a bigger font. People who have poor vision have issues with reading the current font. I'd like to see something on there about taxes. Perhaps have issues in specific and issues in general (iraq war & increased personal liberty).

Also add ronpaul2008.com to the top of the ron paul web sites list.

My 2 cents.

Dan Klaus
07-16-2007, 02:19 AM
I would include the website ronpaullibrary.com so that people can independently research the issues that are near and dear to them so they can see RP's stance. This would be a good addition to the cards IMO. Let me know if you have extras or a template - I have been thinking of an Sunday paper additive and this might foot the bill. Thanks for all you have done empire - good stuff...

empirenine
07-16-2007, 10:21 AM
These cards need to say "for President" or "President" on them somewhere.

I'll make sure to add that. I agree 100%

I'd like to see some bullet points also, maybe a bigger font. People who have poor vision have issues with reading the current font.

Noted.

I'd like to see something on there about taxes. Perhaps have issues in specific and issues in general (iraq war & increased personal liberty).

It does say "he has never voted to raise taxes". I might add something about the war and something about liberty.

I would include the website ronpaullibrary.com

That is already on the back side under the Yahoo groups link. Its much more visible in person.

And as for the size of the order, I'm thinking it'll be 10,000 to start. This way I can feel out the interest and order more later.

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 10:26 AM
use your best judgement on what works best (issues, etc.) for your locality.

Harry96
07-16-2007, 10:32 AM
As noted, adding "for President" is the biggest change needed.

I would also specify that the debates he won were presidential debates.

You might also consider replacing "lower taxes" with something about repealing the income tax. Yes, Dr. Paul wants to lower or abolish many federal taxes, but repealing the income tax is the biggie; more importantly, it's a specific, concrete proposal, rather than a vague platitude. Almost all politicians talk about "lower taxes," but everybody knows they mean rearranging the way the government takes more of people's money. It's better to show why Dr. Paul is different and isn't just making an empty promise, like the others.

RP08
07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd change "limited Constitutional government" to "Limited and Constitutional government" (example)... just something that doesn't sound like he stands for the government limiting the constitution, which is how it reads to me as it is.

Shatterhand
07-16-2007, 10:41 AM
I agree with adding "For President" on the general card. You could get rid of "Hope for America" and put "For President" in its place.

In addition, I would update the back with Dr. Paul's latest win in the New Hampshire straw poll. Also, I feel that the back of the general is kind of wasted. The conservative one has a Ronald Reagan quote. The general could have an illuminating Ron Paul quote if it's succinct.

Good luck in your efforts.
:D :D :D

Harry96
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
^^^^^ i dissagree totally hope for america is there slogan and seeing as you used the official logo. i like it, you dont have to add for president everyone knows 2008 means presidency.

I didn't know that the presidency is the only office up for election next year.

empirenine
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
use your best judgement on what works best (issues, etc.) for your locality.

I'm aiming to distribute these to members of this board that are dispersed throughout the entire country. Thats why I'm asking for advise.

Shatterhand
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Does anyone else think that small cards like these might be more effective in distributing to people on the streets than the big tri-fold flyers? People might keep these small cards instead of throwing them away. It's less to read and still can catch a person's interest. I think small cards might be very effective vs. bigger flyers.

:D

empirenine
07-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Does anyone else think that small cards like these might be more effective in distributing to people on the streets than the big tri-fold flyers? People might keep these small cards instead of throwing them away. It's less to read and still can catch a person's interest. I think small cards might be very effective vs. bigger flyers.

:D

Absolutely yes.

These are easy to throw into your pocket or wallet, but a brochure will get discarded at the closest trash receptacle unless the person is VERY interested.

I have found that putting these cards on cars (just above the drivers door handle between the window and molding) is a decently unobtrusive way to distribute them. Every time I go to the grocery store I offload about 50 of these things.

Shatterhand
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
It seems most of us will agree that the cards can still be improved upon. But I think these cards or cards like them could really help the grassroots. If all RP supporters carried cards on them then the message could really spread and stick with people newly introduced to Ron Paul.

Also, if you leave a tip in a tip jar at a cafe you can include a card with your tip. The same goes for restaurants. There must be other creative ways to get the message out.

:cool:

empirenine
07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
It seems most of us will agree that the cards can still be improved upon. But I think these cards or cards like them could really help the grassroots. If all RP supporters carried cards on them then the message could really spread and stick with people newly introduced to Ron Paul.

Also, if you leave a tip in a tip jar at a cafe you can include a card with your tip. The same goes for restaurants. There must be other creative ways to get the message out.

:cool:

I love the tip jar idea. Thanks for adding that!

We have to get these out in creative ways. When all is said and done, I'll be offering these cards at about $.05 per card or less, which makes this a very economical method of spreading the word. RP would be proud.

gravesdav
07-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Add something like Bring Home the Troops and Secure the Border

angelatc
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I live in Democratland, and I would just as soon not have the immigration thing or gun control on there.

BuddyRey
07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I think those have been redesigned, because the ones I have feature an older picture of RP and say in the top line, next to "free markets", "civil liberties", which, for some reason or another, isn't on the newer ones. Civil liberties are important to a lot of people, so I'd say it'd be a good idea to put that back on the cards. Otherwise, A+++!

jonahtrainer
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Absolutely yes.

These are easy to throw into your pocket or wallet, but a brochure will get discarded at the closest trash receptacle unless the person is VERY interested.

I have found that putting these cards on cars (just above the drivers door handle between the window and molding) is a decently unobtrusive way to distribute them. Every time I go to the grocery store I offload about 50 of these things.

Hey empirenine,

Thanks for the stamp. Hope you got those yard signs up.

I think a business card is extremely more effective than the flyers. The strategy needs to be offline to online and online to offline. For example, 10-15 of us could go to the Gaslamp with the signs and hand out business cards to the people who engage us. Ron Paul persuasively presents the message. We need to be the messenger and not the message. We need to get people in front of Freedom is Popular where he presents.

I have found that once a freedom loving American hears Ron Paul, whether he is Republican or Democrat, they are usually persuaded. We just need to plant the spark that gets them to watch a 3-8 minute YouTube. So, I think we a business card that focuses on the diversity of his views from the mainstream (Anti-Drug War , voted against the Patriot Act, voted against the Iraq War, never voted to raise taxes, never voted for gun control). Currently, people must choose either civil liberties or fiscal responsibility. Ron Paul allows people both! That is a powerful message.

I think the superfluous issues such as 'Most YouTube subscribers' etc. are irrelevant. We are not handing out cards to get people to join his Facebook or YouTube therefore those do not need to be on the card. The more white space the better. People are curious and we want them to go search out more information on him.

Perhaps a short bio, a few stances from what he has voted against and the website. The shorter the better; people are busy.

The business card should have one purpose: to get people to ronpaul2008.com. We must be focused like a laser.

empirenine
07-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey empirenine,

Thanks for the stamp. Hope you got those yard signs up.

I think a business card is extremely more effective than the flyers. The strategy needs to be offline to online and online to offline. For example, 10-15 of us could go to the Gaslamp with the signs and hand out business cards to the people who engage us. Ron Paul persuasively presents the message. We need to be the messenger and not the message. We need to get people in front of Freedom is Popular where he presents.

I have found that once a freedom loving American hears Ron Paul, whether he is Republican or Democrat, they are usually persuaded. We just need to plant the spark that gets them to watch a 3-8 minute YouTube. So, I think we a business card that focuses on the diversity of his views from the mainstream (Anti-Drug War , voted against the Patriot Act, voted against the Iraq War, never voted to raise taxes, never voted for gun control). Currently, people must choose either civil liberties or fiscal responsibility. Ron Paul allows people both! That is a powerful message.

I think the superfluous issues such as 'Most YouTube subscribers' etc. are irrelevant. We are not handing out cards to get people to join his Facebook or YouTube therefore those do not need to be on the card. The more white space the better. People are curious and we want them to go search out more information on him.

Perhaps a short bio, a few stances from what he has voted against and the website. The shorter the better; people are busy.

The business card should have one purpose: to get people to ronpaul2008.com. We must be focused like a laser.

Very well put. And I will be revamping the back of the card almost completely. I think some bulleted points about Dr. Paul's viewpoints would be more effective than the YouTube and Yahoo references.

And regarding the signs, I have 2 up at my house and one overtly placed in my neighborhood where many cars pass. I've already scoped out another great place near Southwestern College, but I have yet to put the sign up yet.

I think I'll need to create some really big signs to get my fix. Maybe this weekend it'll work out.

Bryan
07-16-2007, 09:45 PM
My points:

- The red stars on the sides of "HOPE FOR AMERICA" were removed from the campaign website.

- I would for sure remove anything about "contribute" -- I think that is a turn-off, no one is going to contribute by reading a card. Give them time.

- Move the web site and phone number to the back.

- Most have no clue what the Real ID Act and Military Commissions Act are.

- I totally agree, the back can be replaced with much better info.

My ideal design would be:
Keep the "Ron Paul 2008" "Hope for America" as is.
Move the picture of Ron to the top right.
Leave the blue line of text "Constitutional Government * Lower Taxes * Free Markets" as-is.
Put bullet points of Ron's positions in the rest.

Move the rest of the black text to the back, expand as needed. Add flair, etc. :)

On the bottom of the back, put the www.RonPaul2008.com, 1-800-Ron-Paul and put the ronpaul.meetup.com (meetup icon optional)

FWIW- here are the bullets that I worked out for a card:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/livepreview.jpg

I intentional used "your" to try and make it more personal. I try to avoid any of the typical left/right divide points.

You asked... :)

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
I think it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that we have "For President" on all things related to Dr. Paul.

I have read many accounts of others and have had personal encounters with people who think that Ron Paul is running for a local or state office. It is crucial that For President is on there

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I live in Democratland, and I would just as soon not have the immigration thing or gun control on there.

Maybe people living in liberal areas or liberal states can make a different card. I have 3 different flyers that I hand out. I hand out the moderate one to people who do not stop to talk. If someone does stop to talk, I ask them what issues matter to them...then hand them a liberal one if they are anti-war, the conservative one if they are pro-gun rights and anti-tax, and the moderate one for people in between

Shatterhand
07-31-2007, 10:34 AM
In the next few days, I will be placing an order for a large number of liberty cards in order to distribute them cheaper than they are offered here (http://www.libertycard.org). My prices will be significantly lower than on that site as I'm not going for profit.

http://www.libertytalk.com/images/rp_general.jpg

I wanted to know if anyone has suggestions to make these cards better, or if you would leave them as they are? If a change would make you more likely to buy and distribute them, what would it be?

I managed to distribute 400 of these in less than a week (putting them on cars and sending them in orders placed on my t-shirt website). Being that I'm almost out, I figured I'd order a HUGE lot and pass along the savings to the troops!

Did you ever get your new cards? What do they look like? What did you decide on for the final design?

purepaloma
08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Any update? I couldn't wait, so I ordered a few from the other site - But will need more.

Eric21ND
08-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Maybe people living in liberal areas or liberal states can make a different card. I have 3 different flyers that I hand out. I hand out the moderate one to people who do not stop to talk. If someone does stop to talk, I ask them what issues matter to them...then hand them a liberal one if they are anti-war, the conservative one if they are pro-gun rights and anti-tax, and the moderate one for people in between

I'd like to see the different flyers you use. Anyway to upload them here?

Travis
08-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Did you get your final design done?? I am interested in making a LARGE order if your going to be selling them for less than 3cents/card.

ZandarKoad
08-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Did you get your final design done?? I am interested in making a LARGE order if your going to be selling them for less than 3cents/card.

Same here. I'm looking at ordering 5,000+ from you for those kind of prices.

ZandarKoad
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Bump? Any word on these?

Wyurm
08-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I just received my order for 1000 of these from libertycard.org though I bought them during a special for RP's birthday. It was only 35 bucks for 1k.

I absolutely love these, they have great visual appeal, they are not too specific about hot topics (immigration, guns, the war, etc...) which is important since RPs stand on those issues doesnt actually fit on a business card. This card allows me to get his name out in a highly presentable way and in a way that ensures it will most likely not be just thrown out.

I absolutely love these. I also like that freeme.tv replaces the old watchronpaul.com.

empirenine
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey, sorry for the delay guys.

The cards have been ordered and should arrive within a week or so. I'm hoping to be in town when they arrive, otherwise I may have my girlfriend ship out for me.

They will be available for pre-order at www.RonPaulCards.com (http://www.ronpaulcards.com) in the next day or two.

McDermit
08-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I just got another 20k from the libertycard site. Wish I would have seen this sooner. :rolleyes:

purepaloma
08-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Any idea on when www.RonPaulCards.com will be live & ready to order from ?

Thanks

dirknb@hotmail.com
08-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I have been using www.netprint24.com for years to make business cards. High quality cards. If you have your own artwork ready, here are the prices:

2500 - $65.00
5000 - $75.00
7500 - $125.00
10000 - $150.00
15000 - $225.00
20000 - $300.00
30000 - $425.00
50000 - $725.00
100000 - $1300.00
200000 - $2000.00
255000 - $2248.75

Eric21ND
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
do you have a picture of the updated card?

krott5333
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
how much for 1000?

empirenine
08-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Here are the final images (they are MUCH sharper in print than below)...

http://www.ronpaulcards.com/images/card_front_final.jpg
http://www.ronpaulcards.com/images/card_back_final.jpg

how much for 1000?

I'm hoping to offer the following prices, but can't guarantee it quite yet:

# cards/Price
=============
50 -- $5
100 -- $7
250 -- $13
500 -- $22
1,000 -- $38
2,000 -- $70
5,000 -- $130
10,000 -- $220
15,000 -- $380
20,000 -- $425

Keep in mind that those prices will INCLUDE shipping charges. Site should be up for ordering by Sunday, but I'll post here when its ready.

ghemminger
08-30-2007, 12:41 AM
I guy at our meetup has been supplying us those now I know were he gets em..thanks

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I have been using www.netprint24.com for years to make business cards. High quality cards. If you have your own artwork ready, here are the prices:

2500 - $65.00
5000 - $75.00
7500 - $125.00
10000 - $150.00
15000 - $225.00
20000 - $300.00
30000 - $425.00
50000 - $725.00
100000 - $1300.00
200000 - $2000.00
255000 - $2248.75

Does that include shipping? I think EVERY meetup group should be ordering TENS OF THOUSANDS these cards to give to their members to pass out EVERYWHERE they go. With 255,000 for the price of a max campaign contribution, a motivated meetup group could literally blanket a city of 1 million people in a month or so. If the larger meetup groups have about 100 people, that is only 2500 to pass out per person. With 30 days in a month, that is less than 100 per day, per person. Stop for gas, put 20 or 30 in the little seams of the plastic on the gas pumps, go to the book store, put a hundred or so inside the bestselling political books, eat out, put a few in with your tip, go to any store or bank, put a few in vertically behind the existing business cards, grab a soda, stick them in the seams of that vending machine too.

Save those slimjims for face-to-face contact with people who are likely to be very receptive to the message. SlimJims must be pretty expensive for the campaign and can't be passed out at literally every stop you make in your daily life like those cards can.

empirenine
08-31-2007, 12:45 AM
The website is up (minus a few pages I think) and you may place your orders now.

The cards will be in my hands around Tuesday, at which point I can start distributing them.

The final prices were actually cheaper than I posted earlier in this thread.

www.RonPaulCards.com (http://www.ronpaulcards.com)

(sorry about the cheesy header...I was hurrying :)

And finally, here's a prettier version of the final drafts:

http://www.ronpaulcards.com/images/ron_paul_card_front.jpg

http://www.ronpaulcards.com/images/ron_paul_card_back.jpg

Travis
09-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Haha, that sucks that your last bullet on the back of your card says raised $75,000 in one fund raiser when just the other day he made $102k. But anyway, SWEET cards!

empirenine
09-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Haha, that sucks that your last bullet on the back of your card says raised $75,000 in one fund raiser when just the other day he made $102k. But anyway, SWEET cards!

I know! Funny you mention that because I cringed when I saw that posted the other day, but only because I had JUST placed a huge order.

The next set ordered will have the new $102k figure on them, and I've already sold more than half of the first order.

ZandarKoad
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
If anyone owns a plane, I'd be willing to shell out $2248.75 to air drop a quarter of a million of these cards on select cities.

THAT, would be crazy.

katao
09-04-2007, 03:06 PM
If anyone owns a plane, I'd be willing to shell out $2248.75 to air drop a quarter of a million of these cards on select cities.

THAT, would be crazy.

Sweet - that would be amazing to see.

Question: If I ordered from the libertycard.org web site but haven't received my order yet, will I get the old or the new cards?

empirenine
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Sweet - that would be amazing to see.

Question: If I ordered from the libertycard.org web site but haven't received my order yet, will I get the old or the new cards?

I am not affiliated with LibertyCard.org in any way. I only supply cards that are very similar to LibertyCard.org's design.

katao
09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I see, thanks.

One small change I would request - in some locations around the country, Ron Paul's "get out of Iraq" message is interpreted as being soft on defense and security (which is not his message at all). Any way we can word the last bit of the front page to reflect this?

empirenine
09-04-2007, 03:18 PM

THAT, would be crazy.

I could sell you 150,000 for that price, but 250,000 would cost me $3500 MINIMUM. Great idea!

cstern1977
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I've posted NEW low prices on www.LibertyCard.org for Constitution Day coming up September 17th!

Ron Paul Cards
http://www.LibertyCard.org

Constitution Day
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Day_(United_States)

Corey Stern
LibertyCard.org

empirenine
09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Haha, way to hijack the thread. I respect you and your work though so I'll let it slide...

Are these new prices going to be permanent or a one-time deal?

cstern1977
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
The prices on LibertyCard.org will be permanent. I'm not releasing the prices until September 17th, so check the site then.

I'm not in it to make money, but I do need some profits since I advertise on FreeTalkLive.com, Google, eBay and other websites. With just Google alone I've been able to get 7.3 million ad impressions which is also very valuable! I'm helping get Ron's name out there! I also always pay my taxes, and this is probably the biggest expense... that's why we need to elect Ron Paul!! :)

Corey

cstern1977
09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Notice that the folks from RonPaulCards.com completely ripped off the look from the LibertyCard.org website and the card art. I'm ok with people using the card artwork for their own purposes, but you can't resell the card and call it your own. I offer it as a free download, because it's all about getting the word out, but I don't like getting ripped off. RonPaulCards.com should change the art substantially and offer their artwork too as a free download too!

Corey

empirenine
09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
I also always pay my taxes, and this is probably the biggest expense... that's why we need to elect Ron Paul!! :)

HAHA! So true...so painfully true.

Are you aiming to beat the prices on RonPaulCards.com?

cstern1977
09-12-2007, 12:13 PM
If you order you also automatically get FREE Ron Paul Bumper Stickers and Quiz Cards. This is something the other site doesn't do. The new prices and offer is NOW UP ON LIBERTYCARD.ORG!

Corey

WWW.LIBERTYCARD.ORG

honkywill
09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I personally prefer the libertycard over the ronpaulcard.

I really need to rework a card for use in SE Alabama.

cstern1977
09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
You really shouldn't use the artwork from LibertyCard.org. It does say you can take the art and use it for free, but I didn't intend on people reselling my product. You should also change your website so the sites do not have the same layout ASAP. I just sent a formal letter to get this changed.

empirenine
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey Corey, is this cease and desist in the spirit of promoting Ron Paul?

I'm producing cards that have been modified from the designed that are explicitly downloadable on LIbertyCard. Its clear that your goal is a monopoly in this market. That, my friend, is questionable behavior.

Quote from LibertyCard.org: "If you have your own print vendor and would like the source artwork, please download it from us for FREE. We want to get the message out! We believe our prices are so cheap that you will not go anywhere else to get these cards!"

If you are going to send a cease and desist to every person that downloads and uses that artwork, why offer it?

This is the email I received this evening...

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of reselling the Ron Paul Liberty Card. The free artwork is for those that want to change it for their personal use for their local group. It is not intended to resell. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in May of 2007, and have registered copyright therein. Your card artwork on RonPaulCards.com is essentially identical to the Work I had created.

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for RonPaulCards.com, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from LibertyCard.org and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. Please remove artwork from your website or substantially modify the artwork so it does not resemble the art from LibertyCard.org.

If I have not received an affirmative response from you by September 27, 2007 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Corey Stern
LibertyCard.org

Sweet, let's get the courts involved to decide if I can promote Ron Paul with these cards.

Can someone else please weigh in on this? I'm trying to sell these cards dirt cheap so they ACTUALLY GET OUT TO THE PUBLIC.

Boy this forum is going downhill quickly.

honkywill
09-13-2007, 12:17 AM
I think you should comply with his request, but I also believe Corey should also allow you enough time to sell off your inventory.

Corey only stated that he was providing the artwork for private use. He did not grant permission to duplicate his product and then sell it.

I'm pretty sure that if this were to go to court that Corey would win easily. But I don't think there is a need for that. We are all on the same side and I'm sure you both are capable of settling this.

empirenine
09-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Someone suggested I sell off my current inventory (25,000+ cards...) at cost and then redesign my product. And while I am willing to redesign my cards, this is just a barrier to getting these cards distributed and into the hands of voters.

If you have your own print vendor and would like the source artwork, please download it from us for FREE. We want to get the message out! We believe our prices are so cheap that you will not go anywhere else to get these cards!

That doesn't state "download these and only use them for yourself, don't sell them them to anyone to recoup your costs, and don't setup a website offering them". Its vague and one would assume that since he doesn't exclude resale rights, it would be okay.

I see this as his way of cornering the market. If nothing else comes of this, I'm just glad I provoked him to reduce his prices... he was ripping people off before.

So it goes

honkywill
09-13-2007, 12:55 AM
That doesn't state "download these and only use them for yourself, don't sell them them to anyone to recoup your costs, and don't setup a website offering them".

But it also does not grant you permission to do so.

And you could have easily asked him, which is common sense 101.

I see this as his way of cornering the market. If nothing else comes of this, I'm just glad I provoked him to reduce his prices... he was ripping people off before.

There is nothing preventing you from coming up with a different design. You can be competitive without blatantly copying his product.

His prices were higher than yours, but he has also been using those profits for pro-Ron Paul projects. I don't feel ripped off one bit.

empirenine
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
But it also does not grant you permission to do so.

And you could have easily asked him, which is common sense 101.

There is nothing preventing you from coming up with a different design. You can be competitive without blatantly copying his product.

His prices were higher than yours, but he has also been using those profits for pro-Ron Paul projects. I don't feel ripped off one bit.

We're all doing pro-Ron Paul projects. He was marking the cards up 100% from what I assume is his cost. That is unreasonable to me.

The solution is that I change the design and move on. Corey Stern can go back to selling his cards at a ridiculous markup at that point if he so chooses.

Again I'll say it, I'm just glad I provoked his price cuts. Someone had to do it, and if it cost me $500 to make his cards more attainable, so be it.

honkywill
09-13-2007, 01:11 AM
It's kinda odd you consider his 100% markup so ridiculous yet you were only willing to undercut his prices by 12-20%

So you are still making 80% profit? I suppose that's 4/5ths as ridiculous.

cstern1977
09-13-2007, 07:33 AM
The profits I have from LibertyCard.org go to:

#1 - I advertise on Google and you don't. I've literally spent over $1,200 on Google advertising. These ads also help with Ron's name recognition. I have over 7 million impressions with the ads. His visibility will be cut my ads back since I am cutting my prices lower than yours.

#2 - I advertise on FreeTalkLive.com in the 3rd banner. This costs money too. This isn't free. At the same time I help a pro-liberty radio show get out to more people.

#3 - I wanted to contribute a large amount to the campaign with this money and I have. When the next FEC records come out it will show I've donated $2000. How much have you donated sir?

#4 - There are also PayPal fees of 3% so this is also a small fee people do not take under consideration.

#5 - I also do ads on eBay which do have fees. Sometimes I sell the cards for less so it's at a loss.

#6 - Those evil "profits" also went to $800 of campaign materials (1,000 bumper stickers, 200 yard signs and materials for the Ron Paul Revolution stencils and banners) for the Minnesota Ron Paul chapter.. This is a huge help since many people can't afford to buy these items in bulk. I can with the profits from the website. I also pay the MeetUp fees every month. Here's our MeetUp: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/55/

#7 - The big fee is taxes. They will take about 40% from me at the end of the year. That's bigger than any PayPal or eBay fee. That's why we need to elect Ron!!

#8 - Every year I always give to charity including ProLife Across America, Sharing & Caring Hands in Minneapolis, Downsize DC, The Advocates for Self Government, the Liberty Education Fund, and other pro-liberty organizations. I easily donate $1000-$2000 a year.

I could just as easily drop the whole project and go make a ton of money doing other things. I have part-time work that I declined in order to help this campaign. I just don't do cards, but I also am the Organizer of my Ron Paul MeetUp in Minnesota. I set up events, send press releases about local events and news, help organize events like the straw poll here in Minnesota where he placed third. I was at the Vans Warped Tour passing out FREE Ron Paul Liberty Cards. I was at the MN State Fair and gave away 5,000 Ron Paul Cards. I do a lot to help Ron.

I hope that you believe in profits and charity. If you don't then you shouldn't support Ron Paul. This is important, otherwise you can't keep an operation going. But this is exactly what I've done and I am very proud of it.

What I would strongly suggest is keep your website up. I believe in competition. But just don't rip off my art. You directly ripped off the layout on the card. All I ask is you significantly change the card. Make it your own.

empirenine
09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
It's kinda odd you consider his 100% markup so ridiculous yet you were only willing to undercut his prices by 12-20%

So you are still making 80% profit? I suppose that's 4/5ths as ridiculous.

My markup was between 10% and 18%; your math isn't correct.

Example: We both sell a product that costs us $10. You sell the product for $20, I sell it for $15. My price is 25% less, but my PROFIT is 50% less.

And as for this little mishap, it has all been solved aside from the forum. Corey and I are both happy with the outcome.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Please remove the reference to 'Ron Paul Forums' from the card. This forum is no place for people looking for information about Ron Paul or his stances on issues. Places like www.ronpaullibrary.org and http://www.ronpaulnation.com/tv.html, it seems to me are much better places to send them.

cstern1977
09-13-2007, 12:18 PM
We had our off-line discussions and worked it out. I think there was some miscommunication. He'll keep doing his thing, but will change up his card in a while.

I do include the Ron Paul Library link and FreeMe.TV since they do a super job and are good for people new to Ron. But I also wanted a link for activists. In fact, several people actually asked me to include the RP forums on the card since this is such a central place for activism. You're the first one to ask me to remove it. Are you the owner of this website? Just let me know.

McDermit
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
We had our off-line discussions and worked it out. I think there was some miscommunication. He'll keep doing his thing, but will change up his card in a while.

I do include the Ron Paul Library link and FreeMe.TV since they do a super job and are good for people new to Ron. But I also wanted a link for activists. In fact, several people actually asked me to include the RP forums on the card since this is such a central place for activism. You're the first one to ask me to remove it. Are you the owner of this website? Just let me know.

Others have mentioned that it shouldn't be on the cards in other threads. I've seen at least 10 mentions. These forums are often very negative, and not a good place to be sending new converts or people looking for info on RP.

I'd certainly prefer if the cards didn't reference the forums.

honkywill
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I know that my personal batch will not have a link to the forums.

Politeia
09-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Here are some thoughts I wrote to Corey Stern also, about the sort of card I'd like to have to hand out in my community, which is mostly left-liberal. (I was a hereditary and lifelong Peace & Freedom liberal Democrat until the early 1980s, when a political epiphany turned me libertarian; I voted for Ron Paul -- and had the pleasure of meeting him -- in 1988, but haven't bothered to vote since. Until this sudden explosion of interest caught my attention; maybe there's some hope after all. Though chronic illness considerably limits my activity, I have been spending quite a lot of time and energy on Ron Paul lately.)

My idea is to appeal to the largest cross-spectrum of people, as I believe Ron Paul's real, core position does, without instantly turning off either "conservatives" or "liberals"; thus I wouldn't initially mention "polarizing" issues like abortion, drug legalization, etc., but concentrate on those, such as opposition to the Iraq War, that will capture people's attention enough so they'll at least look.

Leaving out such issues is not dishonest, in my view, because in fact Dr. Paul is a "one-issue" candidate: he wants to return to the Constitution, and all his "positions" derive from that single stance. Once people begin to understand his reliance on the Constitution, they can begin to accept that even positions with which they initially may not be comfortable must follow logically from that stance. IF they're not turned off before they even have an opportunity to hear about the Constitution.

So: For the text on the front of the card, I'd suggest something like this:

-----------------------------------------------
PEACE - FREEDOM - PROSPERITY
Ron Paul is the Constitutional candidate for President. A 10-term U.S. Congressman, he is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation's capital. Ron Paul works for limited, Constitutional government, to protect civil liberties and privacy, and for free markets and sound money. He has never voted to raise taxes or to expand the power of the presidency. He has consistently voted against the Iraq War, the USA PATRIOT Act, the Real ID Act, and the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and against regulating the Internet.

And on the flip side, I don't think the statistics about how Dr. Paul is winning straw polls, etc., are all that useful; at best they appeal only to the herd instinct. Also, as some have noted, all this stuff changes so fast that by the time it's printed it's out of date. I would prefer to see some substantial information about what Ron Paul intends to do, like the following (adapted from the official "slim jim" flyer):

A Ron Paul Presidency will:
* bring our troops home from Iraq and end no-win "police actions".
* protect our privacy and stop the national ID card.
* protect our constitutional rights and end the PATRIOT Act.
* abolish the IRS and let Americans keep more of their own money.
* stop the central bankers' "inflation tax".
* stop unconstitutional spending leading us to bankruptcy.
* stop America's financial dependency on China, Saudi Arabia, and other foreign governments.
* oppose trade deals and organizations that threaten American independence (GATT, NAFTA, CAFTA, NAU, WTO, ICC, UN, etc.).
* secure America's borders and end illegal immigration.

I have designed this list for widest appeal. Thus, I've put Iraq first because it's the #1 issue that can get -- has gotten -- Dr. Paul instant attention across the political spectrum. War hardliners aren't going to hear him anyway, but everyone else is starving for this message/promise. The rest of the list covers the major points of Dr. Paul's platform in a way designed to appeal to the broadest spectrum, leaving behind outdated categories like "conservative" or "liberal".

Websites: I'd leave off the Forums, which as some posters have noted is not really a good place to direct people who are new to Ron Paul. As for the live radio and audios, people will find their way to those once they become interested. I'd say the same for the Meetup site as well. The purpose of the cards is to excite interest, not to organize volunteers. YouTube is a good place to introduce people to Ron Paul, and of course the enthusiasm of the video makers is infectious; however, I think it's best to send people first to the "official" list: YouTube.com/RonPaul2008dotcom (http://www.youtube.com/RonPaul2008dotcom) to see the best, non-confusing offerings. (For instance, right now this page is featuring the great "Ron Paul Brings People Together" video.)

purepaloma
09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
A friend of mine ordered from www.RonPaulCards.com that first week it opened.

He has yet to receive any cards, nor have ANY of his emails been answered.

What is the deal ?

DrNoZone
09-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I also ordered some of these cards about 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to receive them nor have I heard anything about the status of my shipment.

honkywill
09-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I paypaled this guy 4 bucks once. He said he owned a shirt store and that he was printing a small run of ron paul shirts for whoever was interested. just 4 bucks for shipping is what he requested.

I never got the shirt.

It was just four bucks, so I let it go. But after reading these two incidents and the whole card scandal I have to wonder about his business ethics.

Thomas_Paine
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Some needs to get the BIG $2300 order and break it into smaller lots and sell them on Ebay, this free market approach would force others who are gauging Ron Paul supporters to LOWER there prices

Thomas_Paine
09-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Here are some thoughts I wrote to Corey Stern also, about the sort of card I'd like to have to hand out in my community, which is mostly left-liberal. (I was a hereditary and lifelong Peace & Freedom liberal Democrat until the early 1980s, when a political epiphany turned me libertarian; I voted for Ron Paul -- and had the pleasure of meeting him -- in 1988, but haven't bothered to vote since. Until this sudden explosion of interest caught my attention; maybe there's some hope after all. Though chronic illness considerably limits my activity, I have been spending quite a lot of time and energy on Ron Paul lately.)

My idea is to appeal to the largest cross-spectrum of people, as I believe Ron Paul's real, core position does, without instantly turning off either "conservatives" or "liberals"; thus I wouldn't initially mention "polarizing" issues like abortion, drug legalization, etc., but concentrate on those, such as opposition to the Iraq War, that will capture people's attention enough so they'll at least look.

Leaving out such issues is not dishonest, in my view, because in fact Dr. Paul is a "one-issue" candidate: he wants to return to the Constitution, and all his "positions" derive from that single stance. Once people begin to understand his reliance on the Constitution, they can begin to accept that even positions with which they initially may not be comfortable must follow logically from that stance. IF they're not turned off before they even have an opportunity to hear about the Constitution.

So: For the text on the front of the card, I'd suggest something like this:

PEACE - FREEDOM - PROSPERITY
Ron Paul is the Constitutional candidate for President. A 10-term U.S. Congressman, he is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation's capital. Ron Paul works for limited, Constitutional government, to protect civil liberties and privacy, and for free markets and sound money. He has never voted to raise taxes or to expand the power of the presidency. He has consistently voted against the Iraq War, the USA PATRIOT Act, the Real ID Act, and the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and against regulating the Internet.

And on the flip side, I don't think the statistics about how Dr. Paul is winning straw polls, etc., are all that useful; at best they appeal only to the herd instinct. Also, as some have noted, all this stuff changes so fast that by the time it's printed it's out of date. I would prefer to see some substantial information about what Ron Paul intends to do, like the following (adapted from the official "slim jim" flyer):

A Ron Paul Presidency will:
* bring our troops home from Iraq and end no-win "police actions".
* protect our privacy and stop the national ID card.
* protect our constitutional rights and end the PATRIOT Act.
* abolish the IRS and let Americans keep more of their own money.
* stop the central bankers' "inflation tax".
* stop unconstitutional spending leading us to bankruptcy.
* stop America's financial dependency on China, Saudi Arabia, and other foreign governments.
* oppose trade deals and organizations that threaten American independence (GATT, NAFTA, CAFTA, NAU, WTO, ICC, UN, etc.).
* secure America's borders and end illegal immigration.

I have designed this list for widest appeal. Thus, I've put Iraq first because it's the #1 issue that can get -- has gotten -- Dr. Paul instant attention across the political spectrum. War hardliners aren't going to hear him anyway, but everyone else is starving for this message/promise. The rest of the list covers the major points of Dr. Paul's platform in a way designed to appeal to the broadest spectrum, leaving behind outdated categories like "conservative" or "liberal".

Websites: I'd leave off the Forums, which as some posters have noted is not really a good place to direct people who are new to Ron Paul. As for the live radio and audios, people will find their way to those once they become interested. I'd say the same for the Meetup site as well. The purpose of the cards is to excite interest, not to organize volunteers. YouTube is a good place to introduce people to Ron Paul, and of course the enthusiasm of the video makers is infectious; however, I think it's best to send people first to the "official" list: YouTube.com/RonPaul2008dotcom (http://www.youtube.com/RonPaul2008dotcom) to see the best, non-confusing offerings. (For instance, right now this page is featuring the great "Ron Paul Brings People Together" video.)

can all this fit on a business card? If you can give me the finished graphic I will step up and do the BIG order with my Amex.

anthonybjr
09-29-2007, 01:05 PM
It would be nice to get them in spanish for places like here in Miami... There are a lot of spanish speaking republicans down here...

Anthony

DrNoZone
09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I received my cards in the mail this weekend. They totally rock! Great design and professional quality.

cstern1977
10-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Some needs to get the BIG $2300 order and break it into smaller lots and sell them on Ebay, this free market approach would force others who are gauging Ron Paul supporters to LOWER there prices

If anyone wants to buy 50,000 cards for just $1000 you may resell them on eBay. I have no problem with that, and I'd encourage that. In fact, if you read this message I'll give you FREE shipping on it. I'll make sure to refund the $100 shipping fee. Just mention the "Ron Paul Forums Offer".

Corey

www.LibertyCard.org

cstern1977
10-03-2007, 08:36 AM
I also ordered some of these cards about 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to receive them nor have I heard anything about the status of my shipment.

When you order on www.LibertyCard.org I ship them within 48 business hours and they should be received in 1 week on most orders. Plus get lower prices, free Ron Paul bumper stickers and quiz cards. I'm making this an unbeatable offer.

Corey

Cowlesy
10-03-2007, 08:43 AM
I received my liberty cards quickly and have been distributing them all over the place. In fact I have one in my pocket right now.

cstern1977
10-03-2007, 08:48 AM

I wouldn't say we are"gauging" anybody. Profit shouldn't be a dirty word. We make a lot of sacrifices. We work hard, put ourselves financially at risk by printing large quantities, and provide a service and product that is desperately needed.

If you want to compete, go for it. Just create a card that is unique and your own look and brand. In fact, I'd recommend that someone creates a card, or brochure in Spanish or other ideas. We have about 90 days left to hit the streets. Let's do it!

Dave
10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Isn't 1-800-RON-PAUL the number for the congressional campaign office down in Texas? If so, we need the number for the presidential campaign office on these.

Ozwest
10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't say we are"gauging" anybody. Profit shouldn't be a dirty word. We make a lot of sacrifices. We work hard, put ourselves financially at risk by printing large quantities, and provide a service and product that is desperately needed.

If you want to compete, go for it. Just create a card that is unique and your own look and brand. In fact, I'd recommend that someone creates a card, or brochure in Spanish or other ideas. We have about 90 days left to hit the streets. Let's do it!

Spoken like a fellow small businessman who doesn't work 9--5. The grass is always greener...

cstern1977
10-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Isn't 1-800-RON-PAUL the number for the congressional campaign office down in Texas? If so, we need the number for the presidential campaign office on these.

I just heard Jesse Benton, from the campaign, use this number. I've also called it myself and it's the official campaign number. This number is perfect for people new to Ron, to get basic information. Use the long distance number on the website if you need to contact the campaign, because there is a small fee for using the 800 number.

cstern1977
10-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Spoken like a fellow small businessman who doesn't work 9--5. The grass is always greener...

Yeah, I have a regular day job on top of all of this stuff. I put in a good 60-70 hours per week of just work. I could just as easily just drop it all and watch movies or work out more, but I want to get Ron Paul in the white house and start making the bureaucrats nervous as hell!

purepaloma
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
WARNING:

DO NOT ORDER from ronpaulcards.com

THEY ARE A FRAUD.

THEY WILL NOT SHIP ANYTHING

THEY WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS

libertycard.org is the only one recommended.

empirenine
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
WARNING:

DO NOT ORDER from ronpaulcards.com

THEY ARE A FRAUD.

THEY WILL NOT SHIP ANYTHING

THEY WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS

libertycard.org is the only one recommended.

Excuse me? I am the owner, and I can assure you I'm no fraud. Care to explain?

purepaloma
10-04-2007, 11:03 PM
How many people have been waiting about a month for their cards?

How many people have emailed you but you won't reply ?

Good to see that you are at least responding in this thread, but I suggest you either return the money or ship out the cards.

specsaregood
10-04-2007, 11:25 PM
How many people have been waiting about a month for their cards?

How many people have emailed you but you won't reply ?

Good to see that you are at least responding in this thread, but I suggest you either return the money or ship out the cards.

I got an order of 5000 delivered a couple weeks ago from him. No problems except that about 2000 of them are already given away. :) or :( depending on how you look at it.

honkywill
10-05-2007, 02:10 AM
The new liberty card is kind of brilliant.

I'd buy a thousand if I wasn't trying to focus my funds into the official campaign.

empirenine
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I got an order of 5000 delivered a couple weeks ago from him. No problems except that about 2000 of them are already given away. :) or :( depending on how you look at it.

Sounds like you're doing your job and spreading the word. That's a pretty impressive rate of getting cards out!

Chester Copperpot
10-05-2007, 11:46 AM
The new liberty card is kind of brilliant.

I'd buy a thousand if I wasn't trying to focus my funds into the official campaign.

Man I just went to look.. the phone number message thing is awesome.. great for people who dont have the internet as well.. fucking AY!

cstern1977
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
There's some NEW campaign materials you can use especially for people who do not have internet access, senior voters, or others.

Check out the new Ron Paul Freedom Message Card:
http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php#fmc

People can call and hear clips from Ron Paul on 9 key issues. Try it for yourself! Dial 1-641-715-3900

US Foreign Policy - 4 min. Ext. 35004#
Protecting Civil Liberties - 3 min. Ext. 35005#
Healthcare Reform - 5 min. Ext. 35006#
Fixing the Inflation Tax - 2 min. Ext. 35007#
Taxes and the IRS - 2 min. Ext. 35008#
Entitlements - 4 min. Ext. 35009#
Second Amendment - 3 min. Ext. 35010#
Immigration Sanity - 3 min. Ext. 35011#
Our Constitutional Republic - 6 min. Ext. 35012#

Feel free to post this information on your blog or website.

Again, you can get these Freedom Message Cards at: http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card.php#fmc

We have just about 90 days so let's start getting out there and get people out to vote in the primaries and become delegates!

empirenine
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
New cards coming next week...

http://www.ronpaulcards.com/images/new_sample_fb.jpg

DrNoZone
10-05-2007, 04:20 PM
This, was a brilliant move. The new cards are a VERY good tool.