PDA

View Full Version : Paul dropped from Pajamas Poll.

Cindy
07-15-2007, 11:28 PM
They said that it's because he didn't make even 1% in the most recent gallop poll. They also said, they think his supporters are hurting his campaign because other people do not like the behavior of his supporters.

http://pajamasmedia.com/strawpoll2008/results.php

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
why do we continue to give them attention?

ronpaulitician
07-15-2007, 11:31 PM
It's their poll, and their rule, but it seems to me that a candidate's financial status should weigh in, too.

Do they know that Gilmore dropped out?

specsaregood
07-15-2007, 11:32 PM
why do we continue to give them attention?

"we"?, I ignore them already. They are/will be part of the carefully constructed "grassroots" --LOL-- campaign by Fred Thompson. That is if he (FT)actually has the balls to run.

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
"we"?, I ignore them already. They are/will be part of the carefully constructed "grassroots" --LOL-- campaign by Fred Thompson. That is if he (FT)actually has the balls to run.

carefully constructed. going to be funny when fred sees thats not how it works. guy gives me douche chills.

FreedomLover
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
im over online polls, its time to take it the streets.

Cindy
07-15-2007, 11:42 PM
It's their poll, and their rule, but it seems to me that a candidate's financial status should weigh in, too.

Do they know that Gilmore dropped out?

Yes, they said he wasn't listed this time because he didn't make gallups 1% either. They said he also dropped out.

Indeed, it is their rule and it's true where he came in on the phoney gallop poll (google Delphi Techniques)

I went there to post a link to remind people to vote for him on it this week and, just felt like reporting what I found. Do with it what you will.

Pajamas is not getting anymore of my attention either, and only because of the remark they made about Pauls supporters.

I wouldn't bother e-mailing them about that crack myself. Just wanted to post this for anyone who had been keeping up with that poll.

specsaregood
07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
carefully constructed. going to be funny when fred sees thats not how it works. guy gives me douche chills.

The best part is that I was serious:
http://www.techpresident.com/node/388

This part still cracks me up:
"If Fred wins, it won't be because of his online team. It's not about them.
It'll be because of the Revolution.
This team understands that more than any others in the field."

Edit: if the above quote isn't confirmation that the "Ron Paul rEVOLution" signs/message is effective, I don't know what is.

austin356
07-16-2007, 12:09 AM
im over online polls, its time to take it the streets.

A'men!!

I mean we already have completely taken over the web; My energy is no longer going to be spent on blogs and sites, but rather planning, organizing, and working!

No mass email response from me to Pajamas...... If they want to be F**K bags then let them be. They wont get my web traffic.

spacebetween
07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
LOL

Their response is so childish. It's a euphemism for, "Ron Paul supporters hurt our feelings, so they aren't invited to our birthday party!"

randolphus maximus
07-16-2007, 02:05 AM
The poll that they had was weak anyway, they changed the rules constantly (they even say so at the end of their explanation on who gets on the poll and who gets excluded).

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 05:44 AM
The poll that they had was weak anyway, they changed the rules constantly (they even say so at the end of their explanation on who gets on the poll and who gets excluded).

No. The rule is the same, as they say in their explanation: whoever registers at least 1% in the most recent Gallop poll, updated weekly on Sunday night. It is clear, simple and objective.

DjLoTi
07-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Honestly, I don't care.

beermotor
07-16-2007, 06:36 AM
The best part is that I was serious:
http://www.techpresident.com/node/388

This part still cracks me up:
"If Fred wins, it won't be because of his online team. It's not about them.
It'll be because of the Revolution.
This team understands that more than any others in the field."

Edit: if the above quote isn't confirmation that the "Ron Paul rEVOLution" signs/message is effective, I don't know what is.

Just what in the hell is Fred Thompson revolting against? Huh? I mean this is the height of WTF.

Dave
07-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Does anyone really think something called 'pajamas media' is ever going to be taken seriously by anyone? Or quoted in the press? I don't care if they become huge Ron Paul fans - nobody will pay any attention to this.

Ignore.

Man from La Mancha
07-16-2007, 07:31 AM
I started a new thread in relation to this which I think is very serious, that if pajama dropped him because of less than 1% won't the debates will too?

sunny
07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
read "discussion" for explanation of no dr. paul in this poll.

http://pajamasmedia.com/strawpoll200...ee074a abdd3a

Man from La Mancha
07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
read "discussion" for explanation of no dr. paul in this poll.

http://pajamasmedia.com/strawpoll200...ee074a abdd3a

that link doesn't work

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Does anyone really think something called 'pajamas media' is ever going to be taken seriously by anyone? Or quoted in the press? I don't care if they become huge Ron Paul fans - nobody will pay any attention to this.

Ignore.

"Pajamas Media" is a group of serious and respected bloggers (not that I generally agree with them) who are often interviewed and columns cited.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
"Pajamas Media" is a group of serious and respected bloggers (not that I generally agree with them) who are often interviewed and columns cited.

As a sociologist who has conducted many surveys/polls... the very fact that not every possible choice is listed discredits the final results. In effect, their own policy has rendered themselves a poor source of 'real' data.
I've emailed them an extensive educational list on proper survey science techniques... so, they have no excuse for continuing a flawed polling system except to just stick to their guns regardless.
I've lost any respect for these "respected bloggers".

Its like asking a survey questions:
Do you like dogs? and then the closed ended options are a. yes and b. sometimes but not including "no" as a possible choice. thus the results are meaningless.

Tommy Jefferson
07-16-2007, 01:12 PM
No. The rule is the same, as they say in their explanation: whoever registers at least 1% in the most recent Gallop poll, updated weekly on Sunday night. It is clear, simple and objective.

They are showing Sam Brownback at 0.4%

I find it hard to believe Paul doesn't poll higher than that.

randolphus maximus
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM

I was talking about the last sentence of their explanation:

As we go forward into Labor Day and more serious campaigning, Pajamas Media will be reevaluating this standard.

http://pajamasmedia.com/strawpoll2008/results.php?precinctid=d7b93ad39dd2b3ab00924ee074a abdd3a

To me, it implies that they will change the rules as they see fit.

AZ Libertarian
07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
LOL - I looked at their numbers - it looks like the truth, only they replaced Ron's name with Fred Flintstone er.. Thompson, yeah that's the ticket.

And they have Bill Richardson on top of the Dems!!! Priceless.

Johnnybags
07-23-2007, 12:13 PM
lets give him a bump past Fred- Vote Fred or you'll be Dead!!!!