PDA

View Full Version : Contributors by state

berkeleybound
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I did a quick spreadsheet of the fundraising by state for Paul, Romney, Giuliani, and Brownback (McCain's not posted yet).

http://students4paul.com/bystate.xls

Summary:
Everyone's raised a big percentage of their of money from California, Florida, and Texas.

The other candidates, except for Paul, have "local" areas of support:
Romney in Mass, Michigan, NY, and Utah.
Giuliani in New Jersey and New York.
Brownback in Kansas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Paul raised more money than Giuliani in Idaho, Montana, Tennessee, and Utah.
Paul raised more money than both Giuliani and Romney in North Dakota.

States where Brownback raised more money than Paul (bad):
Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia

AMack
07-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Glad to see that my home state, MA, donated some decent cash to RP. Shame that we donated so much to Romney though. OMG HE WAS OUR GOVERNOR! WE SHOULD VOTE FOR HIM!

berkeleybound
07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Glad to see that my home state, MA, donated some decent cash to RP. Shame that we donated so much to Romney though. OMG HE WAS OUR GOVERNOR! WE SHOULD VOTE FOR HIM!

(ditto OMG Brownbacks's from Kansas, we should vote for him!)

I'm ashamed of my home state, Maryland. We'll need to work harder.

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm ashamed of my home state, Maryland. We'll need to work harder.

I'm NOT ashamed of my home state New York! However I am ashamed of some of the people here who made a CARPETBAGGER like Hillary Clinton a senator to launch her presidential bid and how much the people here donated to Giuliani and Hillary.

berkeleybound
07-16-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm NOT ashamed of my home state New York! However I am ashamed of some of the people here who made a CARPETBAGGER like Hillary Clinton a senator to launch her presidential bid.

Hey, you guys have *much* room for improvement ;)
The state gave TEN TIMES more money to Romney,
almost ONE HUNDRED TIMES more money to Giuliani.

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 12:40 AM

Oh beleive me we have much improvement for contributions for Ron....

We're workin hard in Buffalo! We need some people workin harder in NYC! That's where the REAL money is in this state!

Buffalo is a very Union kinda place....Republicans are RARE here...

We're converting support here....but it's tougher here....

You can't believe how many people here won't even take a look at literature just because Ron is a republican.

To make matters worse....New York is pretty much the #1 welfare state in the country...the taxes here are BRUTAL...we have an 8.4% sales tax.....Much as I hate that part of New York....it's been llike that here for awhile...

I won't stop trying to make new supporters here and am gonna redouble efforts....the most positive impact I've had here is from enterprising small business owners.

the goal is 4x the support of Q2 so I'm hoping we can do it....I need to find an excuse to travel down to NYC for a week or two and try to pimp Ron Paul there :)

One Very positive note in Q2 Ron was Given $2,760 Q3 Ron was given $52,093 so thats a HUGE improvement for this VERY blue state...if we could get Improvement on that scale instead of 4x Q2 in Q3....that would rock!

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Why are the totals on your spreadsheet so much lower than the actual totals for the quarter? I noticed that your numbers tie to the FEC numbers, so where is the fallout being categorized?

rodent
07-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm NOT ashamed of my home state New York! However I am ashamed of some of the people here who made a CARPETBAGGER like Hillary Clinton a senator to launch her presidential bid and how much the people here donated to Giuliani and Hillary.

She's a lousy senator. I write/call that office and they never listen/respond. I'm really fed up with Hillary as a senator. My parents think Hillary is great, but I'm slowly working on them by showing them her voting track record and explaining why it hurts us.

rodent
07-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh beleive me we have much improvement for contributions for Ron....

We're workin hard in Buffalo! We need some people workin harder in NYC! That's where the REAL money is in this state!

Buffalo is a very Union kinda place....Republicans are RARE here...

We're converting support here....but it's tougher here....

You can't believe how many people here won't even take a look at literature just because Ron is a republican.

To make matters worse....New York is pretty much the #1 welfare state in the country...the taxes here are BRUTAL...we have an 8.4% sales tax.....Much as I hate that part of New York....it's been llike that here for awhile...

I won't stop trying to make new supporters here and am gonna redouble efforts....the most positive impact I've had here is from enterprising small business owners.

the goal is 4x the support of Q2 so I'm hoping we can do it....I need to find an excuse to travel down to NYC for a week or two and try to pimp Ron Paul there :)

One Very positive note in Q2 Ron was Given $2,760 Q3 Ron was given $52,093 so thats a HUGE improvement for this VERY blue state...if we could get Improvement on that scale instead of 4x Q2 in Q3....that would rock!

The Ron Paul meetup group in NYC is actually really bad. There was some political infighting in NYC where the meetup leader got pissed off about one of the other members' affiliations with more fringe political groups.

The leader was upset that one of the more outspoken RP fans was a member of a group that promoted not having circumcisions in new borns. He then shut down our meetup list and doesn't let anyone post to the list. Now, there's no real electronic communication and very little incentive to go to a meeting.

There was a sign hanging effort recently, but there were no reports on turn-out or success or anything. I'm somewhat demoralized by what's going on out here. Then, top that off with NYC being a very huge democratic stronghold and it feels like a losing game.

berkeleybound
07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
The Ron Paul meetup group in NYC is actually really bad. There was some political infighting in NYC where the meetup leader got pissed off about one of the other members' affiliations with more fringe political groups.

The leader was upset that one of the more outspoken RP fans was a member of a group that promoted not having circumcisions in new borns. He then shut down our meetup list and doesn't let anyone post to the list. Now, there's no real electronic communication and very little incentive to go to a meeting.

There was a sign hanging effort recently, but there were no reports on turn-out or success or anything. I'm somewhat demoralized by what's going on out here. Then, top that off with NYC being a very huge democratic stronghold and it feels like a losing game.

Start your own meetup? Also, the campaign wants feedback on meetup groups that aren't running smoothly. I dunno who you need to pass that through.

berkeleybound
07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Why are the totals on your spreadsheet so much lower than the actual totals for the quarter? I noticed that your numbers tie to the FEC numbers, so where is the fallout being categorized?

I think they only list donations above $200.

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 01:28 AM

If you don't like your meetup groups there....START YOUR OWN!

The way I see it in NY we improved almost 20x in contributions from Q2-Q3.

That is EASILY one of the BIGGEST improvements in any state! :)

So while it's tough...It's NOT impossible!

A few tips from a fellow New Yorker....canvassing small business seems to pay bigger dividends than door to door! The small business owners are the MOST fed up here about taxes and the welfare state!

You'll probably want to give out Trifold brochures as opposed to the slim Jims at a rate of 10-1

When you give out flyers....Ask what do they think of Ronald Reagan....If they like Ronald Regan...give em the slim jim....And say how Ron Paul is a real conservative in the Reagan mold and he was one of Reagan's first supporters for a presidential bid....Reagan lovers just eat it up....also if your schooled on Fred Thompson and why he is No Ronald Reagan that's also good to inject into the conversation!

If they have a negative view of Reagan...I find it's better to go with the Trifold brochure and that's alot of the people in New York the #1 welfare state.

Hope these tips help you from a fellow New Yorker!

Best wishes and good luck on your efforts!

rodent
07-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Start your own meetup? Also, the campaign wants feedback on meetup groups that aren't running smoothly. I dunno who you need to pass that through.

I'm not qualified to start a meet-up group. IMO, the dysfunction in the NYC meetup group turned me away from grassroots politics.

However, I donate to the RP campaign web site and hope for the best. I also post my own signs on my cubicle at work and on my building.

Cindy
07-16-2007, 01:48 AM

Do New Yorkers like or respect Donald Trump?

If so, word needs to get out to Rudy McRomney supporters better that Trump thinks the war on Iraq is a Disaster and that Bush is the worst president ever and that we need to declare victory and leave. He said it is all a BIG LIE over and over. He was STRONG in his interview on it with Wolf Blitzer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8qiyR7iYhk

If they respect his opinions, they will grow leery of Giuliani and Romney wanting to further the war efforts and think the two are lying morons like Bush.

Somewhere I heard that Trump is supporting Giuliani. Listening to him in that video, that is difficult to beleive.

Thanks for showing us that break down. It was interesting to see.

Slugg
07-16-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm not qualified to start a meet-up group. IMO, the dysfunction in the NYC meetup group turned me away from grassroots politics.

However, I donate to the RP campaign web site and hope for the best. I also post my own signs on my cubicle at work and on my building.

Find a meetup group that has a strong leader, contact him/her and see if they can contact your meetup group leader to smooth things out. You may not want to get involved with the actual group anymore, I can understand that, but you may be able to smooth it out for others with a few simple emails. Though, I imagine people here are already contacting NYC Meetup and giving him/her a riot act....'

The ripple effect is strong